test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why is joining a dungeon such a hassle?

gstringlaptopgstringlaptop Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Today I have joined dungeons may be around 20 to 30 times and 95% of the time there were no clerics. So had to dodge the instances. Sometimes I will be kicked from an instance because they are looking for a cleric and not a wizard. Few other times I will join a dungeon but won't get ported to the dungeon and to to make matter worse there will be no "return to instance" button at the top which means that I will have to logout and then back in so that I can bypass the glitch. But it is likely that I will get kicked in the mean time because people don't want to waste time for someone who appears to have disconnected.

This takes away 20 minutes on average from the Dungeon Delves time window. This is basically just a rant and I hope things will change. Wasting nearly half the time of the dungeon delves on silly thing like finding a suitable team and maneuver around glitches probably was not intended.

:D
Post edited by gstringlaptop on

Comments

• dancingchimpdancingchimp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Play a cleric, problem fixed. Everyone cant be rouges.
  • marzattakzmarzattakz Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    Agreed, the queue system and instance join are really dodgy. I, as a cleric have also been kicked due to having to relog to get the "return to instance" button.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Play a cleric, problem fixed. Everyone cant be rouges.

Dang beat me to it... BTW it is rogues not rouges...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • jbrewergamerjbrewergamer Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hate to bring this up but WoW's queue system would work nicely for this game, you queue up as a healer, dps, or tank. And it gathers 1 tank, 1 healer, and 3 dps for every group.
  • platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I suggest giving the group a chance, even if they don't have a cleric. I've been pleasantly surprised a few times now on how well we did without one. Sure you have to use a few health pots but we tore through the place with the extra dps so it wasn't nearly as bad as I had thought it would be.