What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cyptic you are losing me.

2»

Comments

• riesj74riesj74 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sorkbarn wrote: »
    I feel sorry for those in here that did try to support the company using $, there is a reason why you don't click on strange adds that may pop up in your browser and there is a reason why you don't give a company like this $.
    And there is a reason developers have to find new ways to earn a living....reason being people like you.
  • estsuestsu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    riesj74 wrote: »
    **** will happen.... **** will be fixed... if you can name one MMO that was without fault at release (i see NW as released eventhough its still labelled BETA), i will personally join you in your tirade :)

I an save you the trouble though... you won't find any MMO, or any game whatsoever, that was flawless at launch and didnt need patches or updates.

Hell even my all time favorite game, Homeworld, needed 2 patches!! :D

But your initial post blamed the exploiters solely for the exploits. Now you say its cause the game was broken and needed patch like every other game? Ok sure whatever.
  • sorkbarnsorkbarn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And there is a reason developers have to find new ways to earn a living....reason being people like you.

I have been a developer for 6 years I have zero problem making a living, I would rather change what I am doing than scamming people.
  • tomalak011tomalak011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013

Or because they are crappy developers?
  • kevr91kevr91 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I find it kind of odd that the items in this game's shop costs so much. Way too much..
    edited May 2013
    estsu wrote: »
    But your initial post blamed the exploiters solely for the exploits. Now you say its cause the game was broken and needed patch like every other game? Ok sure whatever.
    I blame the exploiters for the actions that Cryptic HAD to make because of them.
    The fact the game had an exploit doesn't mean you have to exploit it... if you are a regular law-abiding gamer you report that exploit in game and go on with your game...
    But since the ****tards had to exploit it, Cryptic HAD to take drastic actions instead of just fixing the exploit.

So don't blame the devs... blame the gold hungry players that are just here to *** everyone and move on to the next game.
    edited May 2013
    I have been a developer for 6 years I have zero problem making a living, I would rather change what I am doing than scamming people.
    If you think this is scamming.... wake up and smell the roses.. or whatever flower tickles your fancy. This isn't something new. this kind of payment method is going on for years now... and only a small number of people complain about it because they just want something to complain about. "BLEH I HAVE TO PAY FOR A GAME IN SOME WAY.. BAH HUMBUG!!" ... seriously....
    tomalak011 wrote: »
    Or because they are crappy developers?
    If they are crappy devs they wouldnt have lasted this long. Game developing companies are falling over left and right nowadays...
    Cryptic is doing fine imho.. Neverwinter is very "finished" for a vanilla release.
    edited May 2013
    I blame the exploiters for the actions that Cryptic HAD to make because of them.
    The fact the game had an exploit doesn't mean you have to exploit it... if you are a regular law-abiding gamer you report that exploit in game and go on with your game...
    But since the ****tards had to exploit it, Cryptic HAD to take drastic actions instead of just fixing the exploit.

So don't blame the devs... blame the gold hungry players that are just here to *** everyone and move on to the next game.

That's really unrealistic. There shouldn't be such an obvious exploit in the auction house regardless, it's not easy to program in "if (n < 0) return;"

Don't blame the exploiters when the prices for everything is insane and they have a chance to actually get something, you've got to be insane to believe that the majority of MMO players would even think about rejecting free in-game currency for a "just" cause.
  • sorkbarnsorkbarn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If there are things to be exploited they will be, if that is new to you I have no idea what to say. Therefore it is good to have a long an costly beta period and actually listen to people reporting bugs. According to a lot of post the glitch was a known issue that was set to resolved. I have no idea why you are defending the company, they did not commit to make this game stable, they have only them self to blame.
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    emilemo wrote: »
    Id be defending the game and all its shortcomings too if I had spent money on a founders pack, you have invested in it, your opinion is void due to conflict of interest

I formed my opinions about the game and then spent money, not the other way around.

A lot of what is going on here is groupthink and parroting. The devs push a large number of communications out daily. Community reps and managers vacuum up and disperse player feedback every day on the forums, organize it, distill it and send it along to the appropriate departments.

Now, some of you seem to think the devs ought to quit their work, log on to the forums and console your gripes all day long--either that, or you're somehow under the bat**** crazy impression they're able to e-hug you all day while they get their programming done.

For those of you who skip all of the communications and make a bee-line straight to the bottom-feeding area of the forums (General Discussion), I've got news: almost every MMO has a General Discussion area and it's made for you. You're exactly where you're supposed to be, making the kinds of posts you're expected to show up and make. Don't for an instant think that there's anything unique or surprising (or effective) about your daily behavior. I've been playing these games a long time and there's a reason why you're mostly ignored. Ignoring most of you is mostly healthy.

There are a handful of you who will read this and decide you're better than that. And I know you'll find a way to change your patterns and habits, and find a way to say or do something that adds value to the community around the game you've decided to spend time with. And to you, I tip my hat.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
    edited May 2013
    If there are things to be exploited they will be, if that is new to you I have no idea what to say. Therefore it is good to have a long an costly beta period and actually listen to people reporting bugs. According to a lot of post the glitch was a known issue that was set to resolved. I have no idea why you are defending the company, they did not commit to make this game stable, they have only them self to blame.

You can have a beta for 10 years and people will still find holes in it...

**** happend... **** got fixed ... get on with your ****.
    edited May 2013
    I definitely love this game and think it has potential. I'm fine with bugs and exploits happening and being fixed, hell, this is the open beta - there's a reason it's a beta.
  • adania666adania666 Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    If only we could have the gaming prospects here with the community team from Path of Exile. Life would be bliss
  • utaniautania Member Posts: 99
    edited May 2013
    Communication in this game has been better than most of the other MMOs I've played, with the exception of in game communication.

Should announce in game when they are taking servers down, apart from that they've been good.
  • akrylumakrylum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    bismar7 wrote: »
    I've been really diehard about Neverwinter since I first heard about it. I've played in all the beta weekends and have played a ton in open beta.

I have given a lot of feedback most of it constructive; and taken a lot of criticism from many people I've recommended the game to, because they found it wanting. I still love the gameplay... but I'm coming to the conclusion that you have an ideal, a concept of how you want to make this game... regardless of what your consumer and player base think. I am extremely disappointed in the lack of communication, the manner in which the cash shop (and its items) are presented and used, and the reaction to anything that is not at the level of "gamebreaking."

I'm going to ask one final time for one thing. Just one.

Please be more communicative with your player base.

If this one thing is done I will be around for years, if it is not I will be moving on.
    I am one customer, one consumer, one player; but others will follow if you do not act as a game company/publisher/developer is expected to in this day. There are many different problems that many different people have with the game, it is a great game in my opinon; Look at your forums. Look at the Archived beta forums and see all that people have written... I have it from 3 Alpha testers that the same thing has happened in alpha... little if any change based on feedback and no communication about the game, what is coming next, what your design decisions are, why they are that. What the ideal is and what the player base should expect... Nothing. Not even minute information like announcing how professions work before you just release them, or what they are. No questions answered.

And then there are the AMA's... what a waste of time... its like giving lip service and filling our ears with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Never anything new, avoided questions and flat out omission... and I realize this isn't your fault, I realize that marketing had a lockdown on things, or PWE does. The reasoning doesn't excuse the action.

A very easy and valid example is TESO. I'm not even in that beta yet... and yet I can find more information about the systems in a game I haven't played, than in one I've spent weeks in. You should do this yourself, not put up an official wiki and hope the players "get it right."

I logged on here and spent time to write this because I obviously think some things are being very badly done, otherwise why would I waste my time? I've seen over a hundred good question threads come and go with no response in any shape or form, they just get read and ignored... I'm tired of it and if doesn't change then goodbye.

-Mortae

/agree a lot
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mechjockey wrote: »
    Looks like I nailed it.

No, you didn't. The situation surrounding City of Heroes wasn't cut and dry. I'd explain it, but I know you're not out for a discussion, you disgusting vulture.

Why on Earth people like you seek out strangers on the Internet to push buttons, I'll never know. I'll never empathize with whatever impetus you have. I wish you the best in life, despite whatever issues or circumstances have made you this way.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • sagasaintsagasaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im sure PWE will care a lot about losing you, OP. but at the moment they have their hands full caring about the countless others they are losing aswell.

wait your time on the line. imagine its customer support. you'll receive your caring in...2 or 3 months....
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    medlink1 wrote: »
    Don't forget PoE's developers(GGG), even though they made massive amounts of dosh through their founders packs, they are constantly active with their community.

Lots of good examples on how to interact with a community. Warframe devs, including the production manager is frequently on the forums. They do podcast's once a week taking questions from fans. Thier founders have thier own forums where they vote on the priority of upcoming features and content.

Warframe is ftp, and used the same formula as NW did. They sold founders packs and have a cash shop, but are still in open beta adding content and troubleshooting. They are not perfect, but this is an example, IMO, of how to communicate with your playerbase effectively, and get the most out of thier input.
  • bismar7bismar7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    How they make their money is a publisher deal and generally not something the developers or code monkeys have a lot of say in.

As for the comments that make excuses citing twitter or or social media site information; I am not a butterfly who cares about how things look... or who's "foundry" product the devs grabbed out of the hat.

You want an example of communication; go look at Path of Exile. Go look at STAR CITIZEN! Go look at The Elder Scrolls Online.
    Go look at League of Legends.... there are many games out there that have excellent communication. I don't know much about the actual blizzard site, but even though I play no blizzard games I still check out MMO-Champion.com every day... because the information is interesting and valid.

All I ask is for that standard to be lived up to. Regardless, until this changes, bye.
    26.jpg
  • raal1raal1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    emilemo wrote: »
    Id be defending the game and all its shortcomings too if I had spent money on a founders pack, you have invested in it, your opinion is void due to conflict of interest

I wouldn't care about this game either if I had nothing invested in it and didn't enjoy it. Therefore your opinion is void.