test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Event Schedules Later and Later ... This is becoming ridiculous.

marzattakzmarzattakz Member Posts: 48
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
After every maintenance cycle your event schedule is shifting further and further into unplayable times. For many of us living in Europe, Africa and parts of the world not in the USA this is pushing skirmish and dungeon delve events far too late into the evening and into unplayable times during the day.

Last week our evening dungeon raids started at 10pm (gmt+2), a few days ago they hit 12am, and after today's maintenance they're starting at 2am. How is that fair? Looking at the schedule that's dungeon delves at 2am, 8am, 2pm and 8pm over a 24 hour cycle. None are conducive to running anything entailing a group as most of Europe is either in bed, heading to work, on a lunch break or getting home from work or having dinner with their families.

Please lockdown the times that these events occur, not only does it make planning a guild event using the guild calendar impossible due to recurring events not having their times adjusted but it also makes trying to schedule time to play extremely difficult.

I'm not sure what time these events occur across the US timezones, perhaps other people can chime in and let PWE know what they think but I hope you all agree that having a shifting schedule of events is disruptive.
Post edited by marzattakz on

Comments

• tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Going by the evidence you presented I would hazard a guess that the times are rolling so that everyone can enjoy the times.

Eventually it will come back around if there is a 2 hour increase in time between each maint.
  • fasthands23fasthands23 Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    lol, changing time zone is more fair than a static one that can completely shaft some people.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It has nothing to do with maintenance, Cryptic sets the schedules so that the events don't happen at the same time every day. That way, everyone has a chance to participate regardless of their personal schedule.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • marzattakzmarzattakz Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    @ Elessym. If that is indeed the case then I'm willing to accept it. Would be nice to have an official response on that though, as anecdotal as the observation that times shift the same amount as the maintenance period is, that's all we have to go by.

What is the purpose of being able to set recurring guild events if the times are always in flux on the calendar?
  • tojolobal2tojolobal2 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    marzattakz wrote: »
    @ Elessym. If that is indeed the case then I'm willing to accept it. Would be nice to have an official response on that though, as anecdotal as the observation that times shift the same amount as the maintenance period is, that's all we have to go by.

What is the purpose of being able to set recurring guild events if the times are always in flux on the calendar?

I agree on both counts. Shifting the schedule is fair for all, but why not post a schedule?
    Can't rely on queue system right now and creating a group on the fly can be unreliable.

If the event scheduler is there.. I fully agree, it can't do it's job if we don't know when to schedule the events..
    Dungeon Delve Events are too important not to take advantage of. It can be so frustrating playing a Delve 45 min to get 5s and a few bad rolls on the purps.

Using the event would help build a party specifically for the job and take some of the frustration out of grouping efficiently.