test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OMG Zone Chat

quijonozquijonoz Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Zone chat borders on useless. There is so much spam, between gold sellers, trade, and lfg that the chat flies by. Please do something to split up or throttle chat.
Post edited by quijonoz on

Comments

• somnolence2somnolence2 Member Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    at least they didn't wipe right? because the gold sellers would of gotten unlimited wealth at the launch of the game anyways right? or what's that other defense? They banned everyone and covered all paths of the exploit so the gold sellers wealth... is uh legit... because I ran all kinds of end game with gold sellers =)

truly sad =(
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - because some times MMO's fail.
  • bbsoonerbbsooner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    at least they didn't wipe right? because the gold sellers would of gotten unlimited wealth at the launch of the game anyways right? or what's that other defense? They banned everyone and covered all paths of the exploit so the gold sellers wealth... is uh legit... because I ran all kinds of end game with gold sellers =)

truly sad =(

Your style of sarcasm gives you the appearance of being confused. Just saying.
  • gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

truly sad =(

Gold Sellers have been known to have workshops with over 60 people personally working for them and entire rooms with computers stacked on shelves above other computers. Each one running their own bots farming up money in the game of choice. Gold sellers will become the richest even with a wipe. If you think otherwise you're delusional.

P.S. Economy is fine. Play a game where "Good gear" costs 250 dollars and "amazing" gear costs 1000 dollars then come back to me and tell me that our economy is so bad it needs a wipe.
  • morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Feel free to try out the custom channels from my guide and spread around their usage till such a time that they add system default channels for that usage.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just mute the gold sellers , help out the poor guy making 2 dollars a day loading into this game on a new toon spamming . Once the gold sellers realize that selling gold doesn't make them any profits they will move on to the next game .

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM AND THEY WILL LEAVE ! Its that simple .
  • kaskiankaskian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have only noticed this really in Protector's Enclave.
    WTS [Swashbuckling Free Leg][Pirate Loot of Exploitment][Mask of One Hit][Chest of Honest Legit Loot] 30g/2.7mAD/83Keys/ PST!
    WTS [Swashbuckling Free Leg][Pirate Loot of Exploitment][Mask of One Hit][Chest of Honest Legit Loot] 30g/2.7mAD/83Keys/ PST!
    Its pretty bad... 80% of people post like this, and 3-4 times in a row:
    City Zone chats are generally spam free.. generally

Pretty hard to read my point there, right?
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    Just mute the gold sellers , help out the poor guy making 2 dollars a day loading into this game on a new toon spamming . Once the gold sellers realize that selling gold doesn't make them any profits they will move on to the next game .

words of wisdom, if none were buying they'd be spamming somewhere else. it's also not their fault, they have families to feed etc and for lots of them this is the only way..
    edited May 2013

tell that to the people buying the gold, not the people hanging around the forums.
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • auferoaufero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Default Trade and LFG channels (at the very least) would be easy to set up and alleviate much of the problem. Not sure why they haven't done this already.
  • coggagecoggage Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've played many, many games that have specific channels for Trade, Guild Recruitment, LFG... and so few people use them they're rendered ineffectual. People STILL post in General Chat because "more people see the message that way", or words to that effect.
    edited May 2013
    Even if they were there, people wouldn't use them
    Apart from LFG chat, but Trade chat.. no way and that is one of the biggest spams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • syrumsyrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 168 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Adding a delay to the Zone chat system would be the best route to take. Make it so Zone chat can only have chat sent to it once every 10-20 seconds per character.

I don't even want to go to the main city anymore. I set my Social tab to not show Zone chat, so at least I can switch to that when I do have to go into the city. But then again, why do we have to do this? Fix it!
  • fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    quijonoz wrote: »
    Zone chat borders on useless. There is so much spam, between gold sellers, trade, and lfg that the chat flies by. Please do something to split up or throttle chat.

This is utterly ridiculous. There seriously needs to be a separate trade channel. You can't even follow any chat currently more often than not due to how much ******* spamming is going on
  • darkwingz88darkwingz88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gaerolth wrote: »
    Gold Sellers have been known to have workshops with over 60 people personally working for them and entire rooms with computers stacked on shelves above other computers. Each one running their own bots farming up money in the game of choice. Gold sellers will become the richest even with a wipe. If you think otherwise you're delusional.

P.S. Economy is fine. Play a game where "Good gear" costs 250 dollars and "amazing" gear costs 1000 dollars then come back to me and tell me that our economy is so bad it needs a wipe.

If you dont actually know one part of t2 can cost even up to 60$ when you convert it to zen from ad you earn on ah and think how much you would need to pay $ for that zen.
  • zealotomegazealotomega Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aufero wrote: »
    Default Trade and LFG channels (at the very least) would be easy to set up and alleviate much of the problem. Not sure why they haven't done this already.

ok so lets say they add those channels, your still going to see the zone chat no matter what, unless you cut out zone chat all together.
    I play DCUO and there are like 15 different chat channels and if you don't mute or take out the ones you don't want, then your chat box will be full of non-sense.
    edited May 2013
    ok so lets say they add those channels, your still going to see the zone chat no matter what, unless you cut out zone chat all together.
    I play DCUO and there are like 15 different chat channels and if you don't mute or take out the ones you don't want, then your chat box will be full of non-sense.

I have no idea how anyone playing before the AH closure could type this with a straight face. Will it alleviate everything? No...it won't. But trying to use zone chat at this point in PE is hysterical. How anyone gets anywhere is beyond me. It is so muddled unless you zone in at the right time and see something that piques your interest it is virtually pointless.
  • kronykus420kronykus420 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In addition to adding the needed extra channels, it wouldn't be too difficult to also put a filter in place to catch LFG, WTB, WTS, etc and let the system move them to the appropriate channels. As for them still showing up on the general tab, it's not hard to modify the settings of individual tabs to show only what you want on those channels. Just sayin...
  • bbsoonerbbsooner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    PE zone chat reminds me of the old diablo 2 trade channels. Good times.
  • fyendiarfyendiar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013

There will always be a large enough amount of players that do buy whatever currency a game uses to get gold sellers. Saying it's just as simple as not buying from them is like saying it's simple to achieve world peace since all we have to do is stop killing each other. We all know that will never happen.

As long as a game uses whatever kind of currency, there will be gold sellers. All a company can do is fight them off to the best of their abilities.
  • kinada350kinada350 Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    Everything they sell is profit not matter how small. They steal it from other people by hijacking their accounts.
    edited May 2013
    fyendiar wrote: »
    There will always be a large enough amount of players that do buy whatever currency a game uses to get gold sellers. Saying it's just as simple as not buying from them is like saying it's simple to achieve world peace since all we have to do is stop killing each other. We all know that will never happen.

As long as a game uses whatever kind of currency, there will be gold sellers. All a company can do is fight them off to the best of their abilities.

FFs, that isn't the reason these topics are happening.
  • fyendiarfyendiar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    fongador wrote: »
    FFs, that isn't the reason these topics are happening.

I was just replying to the poster that claimed that all we had to do to remove gold sellers is to stop buying. We all know this is not that simple.
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kaskian wrote: »
    tell that to the people buying the gold, not the people hanging around the forums.

A high count of ignores = silenced for a period of time in this game, which gets worse and worse as the count piles up. Pretty soon the chat gets reviewed by someone at the company and the gold spammer is banned. The incrementation begins at 5. So if at least 5 people ignore each gold spammer they will go away for minumum 24 hours.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fyendiar wrote: »
    it's simple to achieve world peace since all we have to do is stop killing each other. We all know that will never happen.

Hey all I know is I have done my part for world peace .