test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Professions - is there a guide?

senseijohnsenseijohn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 90
edited August 2013 in PvE Discussion
Is there a guide for professions? Most of it seems fairly pointless and the long time periods for some (18 hours?!) seem ridiculous.

Is there a list of things you can make? Is it worth making it? Is there any sort of synergy?

This forum is so screwed up with no class/profession breakouts it's impossible to find anything
Post edited by senseijohn on

Comments

• kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited May 2013
    You can see the standard stuff you can make in profession window if you turn off hide high level crafts along with the bonus rotating rare craft/skill items. Is it worth it I say it is as it the only place I see where you can get Shirts and pants from (ok you might be able get one in a blue moon as a drop from somewhere).

And yeah some of the stuff takes ages so sent it off crafting when your going to work or bed or something for best effect.
  • opomopoopomopo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That one is to get an additional crafter, so you can craft multiple things from the same profession. I started mine after I hit level 3 crafting so I could utilize the second one. Crafting in this game is something you just do. You don't designate time for it, you do it while you play.

edit - the 6 hour one (retardedly long time to be honest. PLEASE lower it to 2-3 hours. 6 is just ridiculous.) is something you do oevrnight for extra exp. Terrible scaling for whatever reason - at first I thought it was a typo. 10 minute = 5 exp, 2 plates. 6 hour = 50 exp, 8 plates. That's the exp of 1 hour 40 minutes and the items of 40 minutes of crafting. Taking 6 hours is just wtf. I want to fire the guy working because he's being so **** lazy just wasting over 4 hours sitting there probably watching old reruns of pokemon.
  • epixcomixepixcomix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    senseijohn wrote: »
    Is there a guide for professions? Most of it seems fairly pointless and the long time periods for some (18 hours?!) seem ridiculous.

Is there a list of things you can make? Is it worth making it? Is there any sort of synergy?

This forum is so screwed up with no class/profession breakouts it's impossible to find anything

Guide for profession:

Step 1) Make a female that is not dwarven or half orc, and adjust the sliders until she is as cute as you can get it.

Step 2) Get through the tutorial until you get to Protector's Enclave.

Step 3) Remove all your characters clothes.

Step 4) Stand on street corner.

Step 5) Count all the money and items you get from players.
  • grokmonkeygrokmonkey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    epixcomix wrote: »
    Guide for profession:

Step 1) Make a female that is not dwarven or half orc, and adjust the sliders until she is as cute as you can get it.

Step 2) Get through the tutorial until you get to Protector's Enclave.

Step 3) Remove all your characters clothes.

Step 4) Stand on street corner.

Step 5) Count all the money and items you get from players.
    You forgot /em danceseductive.
  • jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did a Professions Tutorial stream. I just have to hit up the Highlight to it. http://www.twitch.tv/jetah/c/2238401
    also http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Profession
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • choranthchoranth Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the scaling is intended. If you want to get things fast, you have to log in every hour. If you don't want to log in every hour you can but you will gain way less.
  • nameofdeathnameofdeath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    if anyone know where i can found Charcoal plz tell me
  • msrebel1972msrebel1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    if anyone know where i can found Charcoal plz tell me
    You can buy charcoal at the professions vendor in Suncoast. Can anyone tell me where to get a "bag of gems" needed to craft decent pants and shirts for GF?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    senseijohn wrote: »

5 min with a search engine will find you a wiki page or something with all the stuff that can be made. But the 10 cent guide is so simple. Here...

There are 3 types of professions currently: armor crafter, alchemy (potion crafter), and leadership. Additional professions are coming including weapon crafting BUT that sounds like you have to raid to get the materials to make good gear (???). Not sure yet.

armor crafting makes some decent quality gear but not top quality. So it is of dubious value at 60 if you can afford or earn top quality gear. The ONE thing you can make that is the best item in its slot are the shirts and pants. However, 10000000000000 other people are making shirts and pants so it is not terribly profitable (its profitable, just a large supply and a modest demand, do the math).

alchemy levels up fast (about 2 weeks to 20) and produces some neat potions and a few boring clothing dye packs. You can also use it to produce some rare crafting materials, but most of those are so common as to make this pointless. The potions are the best healing and buffs you can get though, and it is worth it if you want the best potions or a lot of them.

leadership generates gold and diamonds and crafting materials and other random loot items sometimes (node kits, runes, other junk). It is the slowest to level up, however after a while you can make about 125 or more diamonds per hour per slot. At 9 slots... its a pretty good diamond income after about level 15 or so and with blue or better workers.

For all professions, you can do the tasks faster with green, blue, and purple workers. Those come from the profession boxes in the zen store or you can buy off the AH. You get one of these free in the graveyard zone at level 25 roughly. Also you need tools. You must have at least 1 purple quality tool and 3 blue quality tools to have a small (12% I think) chance to get a tier 3 result (best result from making something). Purple tools are worth over 1/2 a million diamonds, and blue are as much as 1/4 million each. Getting enough tools to make the shirts and pants, then, is a hefty investment. You can live without the tools for leadership and alchemy (alchemy it helps but is not really critical).

You can do everything in all professions (apart from rare ingredient needs) with just vendor materials, gather and process tasks, and vendor tools, with the "white" quality workers that can be made as a task. But without tools and workers, it will be slower and you will never get the best results.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You can buy charcoal at the professions vendor in Suncoast. Can anyone tell me where to get a "bag of gems" needed to craft decent pants and shirts for GF?

The gem bags only seem to come from the zen store boxes. You can get them on the AH of course. I am not aware that anything requires these.... but I do not make armor so maybe so. Only use I knew of for them was a sack of free materials.
  • raphlwesraphlwes Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    edited August 2013
    thanks i found it
    edited August 2013

thanks i found it