test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I don't get steal time

knightmaxwellknightmaxwell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Library
Can anyone please explain the spell to me ... it really doesn't seem to do much.
Post edited by knightmaxwell on

Comments

• zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can anyone please explain the spell to me ... it really doesn't seem to do much.
    ''

Snares mobs during the cast, damages them/stuns them when cast is complete. Its an awesome spell.
  • drexargindrexargin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Worth to mention, its point blank aoe, so if you are trying to use it at magic missile range that would explain why you feel its doing nothing.
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Build stacks of Arcane Mastery first then use it close to your allies and enemies. It will buff you and allies for a bit in addition to other effects.

I usually do Singularity first, then come in and proc this right before the drop. It has a slight delay. Singularity also builds one stack of Arcane Mastery.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • violated87violated87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It builds 5 AM stacks almost instantly. It snares everything during the case. It stuns everything upon completion. During the cast it has pulsing snares that proc on hit affects from enchantments and feats. The damage is pretty good if you have 5 AM stacks and apply chill (via chill strike) first. I love using Arcane Singularity + Shield Push and then Chill Strike into Steal Time right after the AS finishes. Nicely packs everything up and stuns them, and with enough enemies wills up your AP to repeat it.
  • wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I love Steal Time. Aside from the areadmg, stun and AM.. it also has a very big chance to proc spell storm, nightmare mage, eye of the storm etc. etc. during casting due to the fact that it procs the slow multiple times per second, giving it a chance to get those effects like 5-6 times within 1 steal time cast
    timeraiderlogo2smaller.gif

Elf Control Wizard - Dragon
  • frostii0frostii0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its your bread and butter AOE dmg spell, gives your group cleric time to run and not get interrupted on the next two spells. a must have during runs.
  • bluereverendbluereverend Member Posts: 79
    edited May 2013
    It only gives the buff to allies on arcane mastery though no?
  • wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It only gives the buff to allies on arcane mastery though no?

what buff? the buff that it gives IF you use it in the spellmastery (TAB) slot? Cause that one just gives the buff to everyone close no matter what or who they are (even companions etc.)
    timeraiderlogo2smaller.gif

Elf Control Wizard - Dragon
  • knightmaxwellknightmaxwell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    frostii0 wrote: »
    its your bread and butter AOE dmg spell, gives your group cleric time to run and not get interrupted on the next two spells. a must have during runs.

I guess I will play around with it more. I know it is a PBAOE but it really didn't seem to do much ... I didn't notice much of a snare and the stun was shorten then the length to cast the spell. I haven't thought of it as a damage spell. I will try it out with that thought.