test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.30

Comments

• ufdamayaufdamaya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Well done devs!
  • danxbxdanxbx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hamoct72 wrote: »
    Pathetic and hardly compensation for losing half a days rewards and a whole day of offline.. I personally lost 1.6 million ADs and 750 zen... dont give a **** about the cape.

I'm laughing at how sad you are. I dare you to say this to someone face to face that doesn't play computer games. Take a picture of their face and post it please. Maybe make in to one of those viral reaction videos and post it on YouTube!!!
  • yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about they make the cape so it allows you to slot a neck piece in it.... that would be something that would make it worth while...
  • evildutchtvevildutchtv Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awesome, a cape!.. Can i fly with it? >.<
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thered better be something great in that pack, like a bag or so.
  • foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Question for Cryptic:

Will this be an account unlock, or a character based unlock like other promo items?

Id really rather not have to pick which character gets the cloak.
    Kitsunami Lupo
    Head of PR
    http://www.gamersaurs.com/
  • boneleechboneleech Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When will you fix the infinite shard boulder spell for CW, it doesnt lower cool down by 5 secs per level nor does it buff it's damage.
  • redlanceredlance Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    dillygirl wrote: »
    thered better be something great in that pack,
    Hey, a cape is something great.
    - you have a cape
    - you make strange noises when you jump
    - you don't have a necklace
    - you can use the cape to make play the 100 cats of all the exploiters (even if you'll have a totally scracthed cape)

don't you think a cape is great!?!??! /sarcasm
  • mlownzmlownz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    danxbx wrote: »
    i'm laughing at how sad you are. I dare you to say this to someone face to face that doesn't play computer games. Take a picture of their face and post it please. Maybe make in to one of those viral reaction videos and post it on youtube!!!

error 37!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • matl088matl088 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Caturday Survivor's Pack, Cat-urday, cat. Free cat!
  • mlownzmlownz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First off remember people ITS F2P. be thankful your getting anything at all. For those of you complaining about how you lost X amount of AD or Zen or lost that epic piece of gear, THIS GAME IS NOT REAL LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DONT HAVE MAGICAL POWERS AND CALL FIRE FROM THE SKY THAT LIFTS PEOPLE UP AND SMASHES THEM ON THE GROUND........reality just called.....you've been gone awhile!
  • jbrewergamerjbrewergamer Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dillygirl wrote: »
    thered better be something great in that pack, like a bag or so.

They didn't have to give us anything at all, stop acting like a spoiled child.
  • titanwolf2181titanwolf2181 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am a avid WoW and D3 player and have been playing Neverwinter for about 3 days now and have to say i enjoy it and hope it keeps improving, Everyone take this 2 1/2 hour down time and go have a CAT-NAP!!!
  • xxarsoxxxxarsoxx Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    will you be providing free bank slots to store these useless items?
  • wizsiderwizsider Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i dont hope i lost my acc this time last time there was a update i lost my acc :(
  • ctdummy80ctdummy80 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    Apparently no one wants to wait to find out what the other items are before blowing a gasket. Although I must say at the moment it doesn't sound entirely impressive. If what I heard is true there are going to be some seriously peeved people with expensive items that were bought out at minimal AD because of AH unavailability.
  • iluvatarrulesiluvatarrules Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ceryndrion wrote: »
    At this rate, we're going to need a tab for 'capes' even just a social one, it kinda sucks that the cape goes in the same slot as my neck item.. I'd like to wear my foundry cape, or my ethereal cape, or the caturday cape, but I can't because my neck piece has much better stats and is invisible..

lol it's just like people say...Some people are just incapable of thinking and thus the games have become rides for mo ron s//

ps: That goes for the retar ded poster above me too
  • clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There can only be one explanation this simply cannot be the 'Robust Gift Pack' promised to players at the weekend.

Can it...?!?!?
    edited May 2013
    ctdummy80 wrote: »
    Apparently no one wants to wait to find out what the other items are before blowing a gasket. Although I must say at the moment it doesn't sound entirely impressive. If what I heard is true there are going to be some seriously peeved people with expensive items that were bought out at minimal AD because of AH unavailability.

we already know:
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=894471
  • teepussiteepussi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When AH & Zen trade opens it will become obvious how far reaching this exploit was. Inflation will still eat peoples buying power. All ive seen is cheap puns, as if this was reddit. Not that i have anything against it, but i guess times are so dire that all we have left is puns.
  • limerishlimerish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Last i checked there is no cosmetic slot for a cape... or will it fit to headpiece cosmetic slot?
  • khesi1khesi1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree free items in f2p games it's uncommon. But i still thinking how to get more than 10k AD ... how you collect astral diamonds in millions ?
    edited May 2013
    limerish wrote: »
    Last i checked there is no cosmetic slot for a cape... or will it fit to headpiece cosmetic slot?

no cosmetic slot, it goes where the neckpiece goes.

buuuuut, you can change the appearance of _some_ neckpieces into capes for a mere 60k AD ( at least for the one I looked at ).
  • icebloodediceblooded Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually the exploiters get both the millions AD and the cape.

+1

Exactly.
  • clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It'll be interesting to see what the base Zen - AD exchange rate is when things comes back up I'd imagine there's gonna be a whole lot of people buying diamonds.
  • limerishlimerish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xxarsoxx wrote: »
    no cosmetic slot, it goes where the neckpiece goes.

buuuuut, you can change the appearance of _some_ neckpieces into capes for a mere 60k AD ( at least for the one I looked at ).
    No thank you... still saving for Respec token and a character slot... Thats if the AD-zen exchange ever goes back up
  • capnluck99capnluck99 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow there are many whiners on here. They don't HAVE to give us anything. It's beta and you should expect bugs and rollbacks. How much did you pay for the game...oh that's right ....nothing. I didn't mind re-doing quests at all. It's a GAME and FUN! Oh no...PW made me have more fun...how dare they! I love this game and look forward to enjoying a game made by people who show the majority of the community respect by trying to fix the economy to keep the game fair and fun.

If you don't like it....go play WoW. We won't miss you.
  • tredotredo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is the caterday pack character bound? I rerolled a character after 5:20 Sunday, but with rollback he is gone, but I had 2 other toons on the account that were made before 5:00 Sunday, can I forward the pack from one of the older toons to the new one?
  • shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    braddass wrote: »
    With the AH closed, it is all anecdotal ... I play the AH in most MMOs so I watch the AH to get a feel for prices. Over the past week or so, I saw items quintulple in value. Boots that were selling at 400k a week ago were bought out quickly at 2,000,000 Saturday.

You do realize that Saturday is when the AH exploit was discovered by the majority of players(I'm unconvinced this particular exploit was known at all before then because I've seen no proof it was besides after the fact posts about it.) Therefore any inflation you saw on Saturday is more likely than not a result of this exploit and not hyperinflation because of anything else or was the economy recovering from the other exploits that have occurred so far.

You are right, the value of goods was rising before Saturday this is because the other exploits had been deflationary not inflationary. Being able to get a huge number of epics floods the market with epics and caused them to be cheaper than they would otherwise be, being able to farm Doomguide's Duty made professions assets and resources cheaper than they would otherwise be, being able to AFK PvP made glory items cheaper than they would otherwise be.

If anything those other exploits made your founder's AD worth more, not less.
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    redlance wrote: »
    Hey, a cape is something great.
    - you have a cape
    - you make strange noises when you jump
    - you don't have a necklace
    - you can use the cape to make play the 100 cats of all the exploiters (even if you'll have a totally scracthed cape)

don't you think a cape is great!?!??! /sarcasm

I already have a cape :P

@ ppl saying they didnt have to give us anything at all:
    ofc they do, they messed up and promised to make it up to us with something good.
    They promised us something good, so they wouldn't keep their promise if they didn't ;)

xxarsoxx wrote: »

like this guy points out, we already know what's in the package!
    the other items are a stone of health, dwarven facemask, protectors enclave teleport scrolls, and 2 xp boosters. All items will be bound.

oh, and the cape is indeed called cape of catastroph.
This discussion has been closed.