test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FAQ - AD/AH Exploit Follow-Up

Comments

• kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bs crappy forums
  • bigbearfootbigbearfoot Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok thank you very informative
  • montmont Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just saying a quick comment but if your so busy you barely have time to play in general it wouldn't really matter to much if they did wipe or not because guess what? You wouldn't be leveling very fast anyway. I mean I understand people not wanting to have to redo everything all over but basically your saying its more about your precious time then the integrity of the game.
  • whiteshadow02whiteshadow02 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kyxoan2 wrote: »
    Where am I asking for my money back because the boat has a hole in it? I would only chargeback my money if I am unjustly banned / lose all of my in game money due to them thinking I exploited without actually looking.

I love the game, I am fine with the money I spent. Again, if $1000 is a big deal to you, don't spend it. I'm not asking you to. My point about the money was, I spent $1000+ on this game, they should use their brains and realize that I did not exploit, I have no reason to exploit and all of my money is legit.

If they banned me to "freeze" my account because I have millions of AD funneling through me daily from various people, then fine, they can freeze me to get rid of the bad money and give me my items back, I don't care. I do care about having 0 response from them.

Apparently people who actually exploited, making billions of AD got an email stating they were banned for 72 hours and why. I got no email, no response to tickets or anything and I think that is pretty terrible on their part considering the amount of money I did spend. I bet it is one of the top amounts spent in this game, because I'm sure many feel the same way about you.

Iv got the same, 2 days, 3 petitions and still no answer whether or not it's a permanent ban or temporary.
  • paganhawkpaganhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where am I asking for my money back because the boat has a hole in it? I would only chargeback my money if I am unjustly banned / lose all of my in game money due to them thinking I exploited without actually looking.

I love the game, I am fine with the money I spent. Again, if $1000 is a big deal to you, don't spend it. I'm not asking you to. My point about the money was, I spent $1000+ on this game, they should use their brains and realize that I did not exploit, I have no reason to exploit and all of my money is legit.

If they banned me to "freeze" my account because I have millions of AD funneling through me daily from various people, then fine, they can freeze me to get rid of the bad money and give me my items back, I don't care. I do care about having 0 response from them.

Apparently people who actually exploited, making billions of AD got an email stating they were banned for 72 hours and why. I got no email, no response to tickets or anything and I think that is pretty terrible on their part considering the amount of money I did spend. I bet it is one of the top amounts spent in this game, because I'm sure many feel the same way about you.

Go back and read the first page of this forum.... last question on their question and answer post (first post)... states that abusers got a PERMANENT ban, not a 72 hour one.... so whoever told you that was lying or mistaken... However, IF you are moving that much legitly, and not scamming, then be patient.... they probably have almost everyone they banned saying the same thing, and they are gonna make **** sure it is legit before they let anyone they banned back in... Even IRL, snafus like this take a while to sort out... these are programmers, not accountants, give them some time. However, I do agree that an email stating why you were banned would be nice, but maybe they are waiting on those until they are sure, for some legal reason, or they figured enought hoopla has been going on about it, and the average person is smart enough, to figure it out... IDK.
  • kyxoankyxoan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    Iv got the same, 2 days, 3 petitions and still no answer whether or not it's a permanent ban or temporary.

Did you actually do anything wrong though is the question =P Obviously you are going to say no regardless but if not, I hope there are more like you and me, it makes me feel better and gives me hope that they will fix this.
  • suicidedonkeysuicidedonkey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just as a point or reference, the rollback didn't actually do a whole lot.
    I was talking to one of my fellow Goons on EVE this morning since he was one of the folks who got in early on the exploit, and he informed me they only banned one of his accounts, they didn't ban any of his other accounts that he laundered AD to, and he figures he had around 80 million AD spread around on his other accounts, so it didn't hurt him at all, and I doubt it bothered any of the other peeps that got in on this exploit early.
    edited May 2013
    Did you actually do anything wrong though is the question =P Obviously you are going to say no regardless but if not, I hope there are more like you and me, it makes me feel better and gives me hope that they will fix this.

No i tested the exploit on the gateway to see if it truely was as easy as zone chat was saying and it was. I then sent a petition explaining how to do it however by this time the damage was done :p

Point is, if they permanently ban everyone who did this exploit, servers are going to be very empty very quickly, which will be their downfall.
  • kyxoankyxoan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    You still at least did it one time, I never did it and I was banned =(.

I really think i'm flagged as a "mule" because I made millions over night / morning when this was all going on. I really hope I get fixed soon or could at least talk to support.
  • vinunleadedvinunleaded Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    Why am i being punished! I did nothing wrong!
    Punish the exploiters not the honest players!
  • shielgardinshielgardin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    syrum wrote: »
    Well, can we at least have an ETA on being able to access our AD from our Founder Packs? I only withdrew the specific amounts I needed for various purchases... so, yeah. May I have my AD please?

Yes - can we please have an update about when we can spend the ADs we have legitimately bought.
  • coanunncoanunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 368 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yes - can we please have an update about when we can spend the ADs we have legitimately bought.

I spent Legitimate AD on Zen a week ago, they took it off my account and I'm left with no AD and no Zen. I posted here asking if those who were affected incorrectly are going to get anything back and they have yet to respond. Amazing FAQ thread where questions have become buried in the QQ'ing. I swear their community moderators are simply ineffective.
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
  • hamoct72hamoct72 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    lost all my ads converting to zen for crafting (300 zen crafting booster packs) can I please have it back?!
  • tilviustilvius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    What was the exploit??
  • hampzihampzi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What ive heard, this bug has been around since "launch", and there actually is specific threads about this on other forums since way back.

The economy is broken to bits and the AD exploiters are happier then ever since they only did a 7 hour rollback, it was fun while it lasted.

This game is really good, i will be back when you take the right actions, hell i will even play if you reset the whole thing.
  • adisonmakadisonmak Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no wonder all my stuff changed all of a sudden...
  • grokit4chgrokit4ch Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "permanent banning of accounts that participated in the exploit"

Thank you, that's what I wanted to know. I hope that those <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> payed a founder pack.
  • hemocrithemocrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    mojoman33 wrote: »
    Now that wasn't so bad was it.

"Please wipe servers! Destroy everything!" Fools.

The funniest is when somebody tries to gather more weight for their post than they should, such as, "I support a full wipe, and everybody in my guild does too. And so does everybody I've talked to in my grade school."
  • damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    hampzi wrote: »
    What ive heard, this bug has been around since "launch", and there actually is specific threads about this on other forums since way back.

The economy is broken to bits and the AD exploiters are happier then ever since they only did a 7 hour rollback, it was fun while it lasted.

This game is really good, i will be back when you take the right actions, hell i will even play if you reset the whole thing.

The exploiters are going to PvP now and trolling. Inspected a rogue with Perfect Soulforged & Vorpal and Dark enchantments at rank 9. Rogue was doing 17k+ lashing blades like it was nothing. Who needs a daily when you can hit that hard on an encounter...
    edited May 2013
    grokit4ch wrote: »
    "permanent banning of accounts that participated in the exploit"

Thank you, that's what I wanted to know. I hope that those <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> payed a founder pack.

You do realize that permanently banning people is the same mistake Arenanet did with GW2 and because of it HUGE waves of players simply quit playing the game, going for instant permanent bans instead of warning/suspensions is just a disaster waiting to happen.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013
    You do realize that permanently banning people is the same mistake Arenanet did with GW2 and because of it HUGE waves of players simply quit playing the game, going for instant permanent bans instead of warning/suspensions is just a disaster waiting to happen.

Losing players that are upset an exploit is gone isn't a big loss.
  • cerkiecerkie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    syberghost wrote: »

Actually it's a huge loss, the amount of people who done/tried this exploit was huge.

They rolled the accounts back, why delete them as well it makes no sense unless there not sure they rolled back properly.
    edited May 2013
    syberghost wrote: »

You're looking at multiple groups of players who're all going to quit at the same time is my point, maybe 1 of them exploited yes, but they aren't going to try and replace them if they've been together through previous games.
  • eidamaeidama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're looking at multiple groups of players who're all going to quit at the same time is my point, maybe 1 of them exploited yes, but they aren't going to try and replace them if they've been together through previous games.

Loss of exploiters & anyone who supports them is never a bad thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

> http://mopp4.net/ <
  • mrcatchymrcatchy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And what about us who lost the Armored Nightmare? either we get them back or we dont.. cant you just make up your mind? so i know if theres a point continue playing this game.. i know i will never get that lucky again !!!
    edited May 2013
    eidama wrote: »

You're looking at this as only a small group of players, when infact it's a huge part of the community who abused this easy to do feature on the day, some for profit, others for the sheer fact of amusement, that a company can make such a fatal error for MULTIPLE GAMES. Thus why the bans shouldn't be permanent but instead have a suspension and have a warning applied to their account so should they make any more decisions that can modify the gameplay of others they do receive the ban. Bans on a first time offender is plain dumb.
  • sefeniasefenia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    eidama wrote: »

Just quoting for truth.
    I'm laughing about people trying to explain how it's a bad thing. Cheaters can gtfo. :)
    vn7W95H.png
  • kirroyale27kirroyale27 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where are these contacts that you said would be listed below? I do not see any contact info. Also, the support part of the website is down.
  • neil2neil2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're looking at this as only a small group of players, when infact it's a huge part of the community who abused this easy to do feature on the day, some for profit, others for the sheer fact of amusement, that a company can make such a fatal error for MULTIPLE GAMES. Thus why the bans shouldn't be permanent but instead have a suspension and have a warning applied to their account so should they make any more decisions that can modify the gameplay of others they do receive the ban. Bans on a first time offender is plain dumb.

No, cheating for amusement when it can be easily tracked is plain dumb. Think of it as the PWE Darwin Awards. I'm glad those who wrecked the game for others for selfish reasons (amusement, personal enrichment, whatever) are gone. I hope they got all of them.
  • eidamaeidama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I'm looking at this as it stands in this game right now. Get rid of ALL of the exploiters & their alts/mules permanently ASAP. If their friends/supporters leave with them, good riddance. Thin out the garbage and set a precedent of severe punishment for this type of behavior early on. Everyone will benefit in the long run & the population will be repopulated relatively quickly with decent players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

> http://mopp4.net/ <
This discussion has been closed.