test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This game has 3 classes, when are we getting more?

zarchoszarchos Member Posts: 47
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Control Wizard, Rogue, Cleric. When is Cryptic going to add more classes in game?

(And yes my post is deliberate, GWF and GF are absolutely garbage in higher levels, they server ZERO purpose and are actually a complete detriment to the group)
Post edited by zarchos on

Comments

• teethxteethx Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zarchos wrote: »
    Control Wizard, Rogue, Cleric. When is Cryptic going to add more classes in game?

(And yes my post is deliberate, GWF and GF are absolutely garbage in higher levels, they server ZERO purpose and are actually a complete detriment to the group)

I would have to agree with this, they did a poor job considering their sources they could have picked from, I wonder if wizards of the coast had anything to do with this game doing poorly?
  • ekulukeekuluke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Who knows?
  • vikoonvikoon Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2013

1/10. Much too obvious.
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vikoon wrote: »
    1/10. Much too obvious.

Yep. I remember when it was an art form. Lazy kids these days, it's like they're just phoning it in.

I <3 my Guardian Fighter. :cool:
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    teethx wrote: »
    , I wonder if wizards of the coast had anything to do with this game doing poorly?

Poorly in what way?
  • frozenxilefrozenxile Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A well geared, well specced and well played GWF can compete on damage, I am consistently 1st/2nd on the group's meters. That said, it took full T2 gear, rank 6+ gems, and a min/maxed respec to achieve it.

An equivalent geared & played rogue/cw can wipe the floor with my damage, it just so happens that most of the players picked those classes and most are terrible at it, the low end matches the best a GWF can do!

Seriously considering a reroll, but after yesterday's events I might just hang it up and wait for the GWF buff that might never come.
  • jamesl1jamesl1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they won't add more classes because they know the game is dead and there's no reason for them to spend more money developing it
  • zarchoszarchos Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    frozenxile wrote: »
    A well geared, well specced and well played GWF can compete on damage, I am consistently 1st/2nd on the group's meters. That said, it took full T2 gear, rank 6+ gems, and a min/maxed respec to achieve it.

An equivalent geared & played rogue/cw can wipe the floor with my damage, it just so happens that most of the players picked those classes and most are terrible at it, the low end matches the best a GWF can do!

Seriously considering a reroll, but after yesterday's events I might just hang it up and wait for the GWF buff that might never come.

They offer better group makeup than you, a CW blows you away for crowd control and the rogue as well.
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They offer better group makeup than you, a CW blows you away for crowd control and the rogue as well.

The point of role-specific classes just blew right over your head, didn't it?
    _

"YES, PLEASE"
  • gimpinatorgimpinator Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    jamesl1 wrote: »
    they won't add more classes because they know the game is dead and there's no reason for them to spend more money developing it

How do you people manage to breathe?
  • fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

What about the other paragon choices for the classes we have? Not to mention getting all the feats and abilities working as intended.
  • teethxteethx Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gimpinator wrote: »
    How do you people manage to breathe?

right...because it is showing other wise right....
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I hate to say it. But look at CO. After this debacle there might be more truth to this statement then what you and I are willing to accept.
  • drzeyusdrzeyus Banned Users Posts: 87
    edited May 2013
    What the heck buddy ..... maybe first the idiots could fix the dam exploits and bugs first.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ogarious wrote: »
    I hate to say it. But look at CO. After this debacle there might be more truth to this statement then what you and I are willing to accept.

Or look at STO and the races they are putting out. And new content. But wait that doesnt exist because STO died right?
  • eshnoeshno Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

you realize just running the mmo/servers costs tons of money. Developing an entire mmo dwarfs the amount of money used to create additional classes. mmo's need additional content to be added in regularly, so they have entire teams devoted to this. Meaning this team is getting paid regardless of what they make. A mmo isnt just made and released, and all thats left is to collect money. People act like this game is making bank for charging <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> money for junk people shouldnt buy, thats far from true. Lets say a 30,000 people have each spent 100$ dollars on the cash shop. That is nothing compared to the money sunk into developing this game. For this game to make profit it needs to last longer than fake open beta. Giving up now they would lose more money than if they spend money to prolong it.
  • bismar7bismar7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This is an example of a good question that will not be answered because cryptic doesn't communicate with their playerbase.
    26.jpg
  • phreskophresko Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have not played the fighter classes, but if they are truly broken, wouldn't the solution be to fix those first and then worry about adding other classes? The OP's agenda is confusing.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bismar7 wrote: »
    This is an example of a good question that will not be answered because cryptic doesn't communicate with their playerbase.

They have communicated. They have said that new classes are coming soon. Just because they didn't give you an exact date doesn't mean they don't communicate. So no I wouldn't consider it "an example of a good question" at all.
    edited May 2013

Wow, this Bismar7 fellow really lives under a rock.

(I'll cut you some slack if you're a CO player--over there it's not such an exaggeration.)
    _

"YES, PLEASE"
  • wizzinwizardwizzinwizard Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Shocking, given the level of civility that the forums consistently displays they wouldn't want to respond.
  • pwiratgirlpwiratgirl Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Shocking, given the level of civility that the forums consistently displays they wouldn't want to respond.

Kind of a catch-22 though. They don't reply because the forums are hostile, and the forums are hostile because they don't reply...

And honestly, if you can't deal with a bunch of nerds raging at you, getting into the MMO industry was an EXCEPTIONALLY bad move.
  • geldongeldon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    phresko wrote: »
    I have not played the fighter classes, but if they are truly broken, wouldn't the solution be to fix those first and then worry about adding other classes? The OP's agenda is confusing.
    I think the OP felt need to employ satire and is, in fact, recommending that two under-performing classes (as he sees them) are brought up to snuff so he could have five viable classes to choose from (again, as he sees it).

Me, I think I'd need more hard numbers to know for sure.

I really don't expect Guardian Fighters to be all that hefty on the damage dealing because they're tanks. But maybe the encounters generally don't require a tank, and that's the basis of their complaint as to not having much in the way of use at upper levels?

Great Weapon Fighters, on the other hand, appear to be DPS. I'm not sure why they're reported as doing lousy damage at higher levels. That strikes me as an oversight, but whether it's amongst the players (for not employing them correctly) or amongst the developers is yet to be determined.
  • itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Maybe just create invisible walls on cliffs, u know, like require tanks in ure team?

Atm 2 cm just blast all adds of cliffs, why for the love of all that is logical would u need a tank?....

Maybe if they gave tanks a BBQ skill to keep the company entertained while they go 4 vs boss ? (roasted cat anybody, plenty of that to go around nowadays)
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • estsuestsu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    itheryel wrote: »
    Maybe just create invisible walls on cliffs, u know, like require tanks in ure team?

Atm 2 cm just blast all adds of cliffs, why for the love of all that is logical would u need a tank?....

Maybe if they gave tanks a BBQ skill to keep the company entertained while they go 4 vs boss ? (roasted cat anybody, plenty of that to go around nowadays)

You can go naked in middle of boss fights and do the seductive dance. Thats pretty entertaining especially if you are a dwarf tank.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This contradiction again. First you say the GWF can compete and few sentences later you say he cant. Why even bother posting this? All things equal the GWF cannot compete and thats that.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    geldon wrote: »
    I think the OP felt need to employ satire and is, in fact, recommending that two under-performing classes (as he sees them) are brought up to snuff so he could have five viable classes to choose from (again, as he sees it).

I really don't expect Guardian Fighters to be all that hefty on the damage dealing because they're tanks. But maybe the encounters generally don't require a tank, and that's the basis of their complaint as to not having much in the way of use at upper levels?

Great Weapon Fighters, on the other hand, appear to be DPS. I'm not sure why they're reported as doing lousy damage at higher levels. That strikes me as an oversight, but whether it's amongst the players (for not employing them correctly) or amongst the developers is yet to be determined.

Its weird, when I know nothing about a subject I dont speak up, how come so many people are failing in such a simple concept.. The GWF's predicament has been dissected and discussed in and out. The people who wrote the master guides for the class and who reached and played ( and got kicked for being a GWF) endgame already established that the GWF can not perfom his role in this game as things are now.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • zefsgrzefsgr Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Confirmed Hogger's balls are in the box
  • xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    emilemo wrote: »
    the GWF can not perfom his role in this game as things are now.

I am sorry, what is that role?

Single target is taken by the rogue, the AoE by the CW. There is no role here for the GWF, it is just a redundant class, it fares better than a GF which is a useless class.
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    geldon wrote: »

xilinear wrote: »
    I am sorry, what is that role?

Single target is taken by the rogue, the AoE by the CW. There is no role here for the GWF, it is just a redundant class, it fares better than a GF which is a useless class.

I think the issue here is what people perceive as tanking. Tanking is just another form of control, like what the CW does, just in a different manner. Instead of locking down enemies, they instead redirects enemies attention. GWF for single high priority targets, GWF for lower priority groups.

In which case, both GF and GWF should have damage in par with at minimum all non-strikers. Which in a sense, they do, somewhat. Both GF and GWF have basic attacks which are naturally AoE, which somewhat compensates for the lesser direct damage. In a non-burst situation, that should in theory add up. But they should be further bumped in damage to compensate for having to go into melee: granted the GF has a slight advantage over GWF in that situation, thanks to at-will lunge and very short timer proper lunge.

Of course, there is the other issue of GF "special" being mostly lame, and that at higher tier, guard turns out extremely weak thank to being one/two-shotted and not preventing controls even when blocked while dodges retain full effectiveness..