test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need Reviews before cryptic publish

luther8luther8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
The Adventures of Sherlock Colms

Quest I
The Mysteries at Fang Ridge!

Author: @Luther8
Short code: NW-DGTN72HYL
Playtime: 40 to 60 Minutes
Players: Designed with single player in mind.

Story Based and since it's a Mystery you will need to pay attention to the dialog to get any real joy from this quest.

Please don't post any spoilers.

Known issues
1) There is music and sound effects all over the map but currently there is a bug that is preventing it from playing.

Thanks for any feedback

Quest I
Post edited by luther8 on

Comments

• Options
    tarum89tarum89 Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    argh i had the same problem with the audio....
    I will try this once the server will be up. Would you like to try my quest?
    At the moment you will be probably the first to do that ;)

Thanks

NW-DB5GERXA3 - "An Artifact from the Depths"
  • Options
    luther8luther8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sure Tarum89, when I'm done working in about 3 or 4 hours from this post I'll see about playing your quest.

Quest I
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just plaid it, brillant!
    As i wrote in the review, it was just perfect!
    When i begun the quest, i was a bit hesitant about Sherlock, i thought that a character created by you would be better!
    I think that just to rename him it's prefect.
    Regarding the quest, i really enjoyed that all the monster got a proper name, the boss fight was fantastic, even better of any boss i killed in many mmorpgs, rpgs, neverwinter too.
    The story was very interesting.
    I look forward to play next chapters.
    Ah... don't know if you noticed it... for me it's 5 stars! I hope that other players will enjoy it as i did!

I hope you will enjoy my quest as well, but to be honest it's not polished like your.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks Tarum89 I really appreciate it, I left you a private message after i played your map with the details.

Quest I
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    -update
    Just hit the publish button for a couple fix's, some end boss fight dialog was refusing to show so I added some new dialog to help fix the issue, fixed some other dialog and added a couple extra things to click on for story.

Quest I
  • Options
    keylord02keylord02 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The praise seems really glowing for your's so I'll have to check it out! If you'd like to be my first reviewer, then check mine out too. The short code's in my sig :)
    Tomb of Wernar by @Lya
    Short code: NW-DJGYNI7NH

In this old school-style adventure, the hero(es) explore an old ruined castle while searching for a fabled magic item at the behest of a wizard.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I really like your quest Keylord it was old school which was awesome.

Quest I
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks! I just finished your's and reviewed it. The NPCs kept me laughing with their silly names, and definitely were more interesting than an endless parade of "Nasher Rebels" and "Giant Spiders" like the Cryptic default stuff! Your boss battles were really over-the-top in a professional way that I enjoyed too.

Only a few typos seem to remain, and I noticed in one of the multiple waves battles, the enemies still had "Zombies" and "Asherdai" over their heads even though they weren't these things. Keep up the good work!
    Tomb of Wernar by @Lya

In this old school-style adventure, the hero(es) explore an old ruined castle while searching for a fabled magic item at the behest of a wizard.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    HI ;)

I just republished my quest with new things to improve the story (and a open end to continue it with a next chapter!)
    I hope you have not already plaid it with the old release :( !!!

@keylord02 I'm looking to play your quest too, maybe i can be your second reviewer! Would you like to try my quest? Thanks
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sure thing, Tarum! Checking yours out now. :)
    Tomb of Wernar by @Lya

• Options
    chraichrai Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Was just at the final boss fight when the server up and died on me. When I get time I'll replay it but for now consider this me giving it 4/5. Only knocked off one for spelling errors which would bump it up to like 4.5
    Really liked the maps, not sure how much of them were cutomised but you put them to really good use.
  • Options
    slapthathogslapthathog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    Greetings! I just posted my 1st dungeon, and I'm looking for review trades. Actually my 1st dungeon will never be posted that dungeon was riding me hard, and basically the story was shaped entirely by each step of learning to work with the foundry, haha.

I'm pretty new to dungeon creation (only other exp. was the EQ2 dungeon maker). I'm not sure if my dungeon will meet the caliber of the stuff you guys are doing. I kept it pretty short because I didn't want to make a long dungeon that totally sucks. Currently i'm addicted to working on the foundry, so I just hope to learn and make good stuff.

I'll try to keep open mind for any suggestions you guys have, and as soon as this post is done, I will start reviewing the dungeons you have posted in this thread and leaving feedback.

My dungeon is: Power of the Loc-Nar
    Short Code: NW-DCPWC4FTI

Basically it's a spin off of the 1980's Heavy Metal Movie - I'm creating stories of the Loc-Nar the glowing green jewel.

It seemed like a fitting start for me considering i've been playing the character name Taarna since my 1st mmo. I Look forward to trading reviews and can't wait to get into your content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Nobody loves me but my mother, and she could be jiving too!"

Dungeon: Power of the Loc-Nar
    Author: @Merryblues
    Average Duration: 23 min
    Forum Link: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?282392-Power-of-the-Loc-Nar
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tarum89 wrote: »
    HI ;)

I just republished my quest with new things to improve the story (and a open end to continue it with a next chapter!)
    I hope you have not already plaid it with the old release :( !!!

@keylord02 I'm looking to play your quest too, maybe i can be your second reviewer! Would you like to try my quest? Thanks

Ok did my second play throw, I don't know if it was a bug the first time or that I didn't pick up the axe for the statue but the second time i played your map it worked, the first boss fight is too hard, I'm only a 49 cw but I was chugging pots left and right, so many adds are spawning that it makes it hard to keep up, if it wasn't for my aoe, I don't think any guardian could beat it even with pots.

as for the rest of the trash it wasn't too hard like I feared it might be.

3 stars for not enough detail work in the outside zones, first boss fights too hard and little things like needing to talk to a npc while he's still following you.

good job over all.

Quest I
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    luther8 wrote: »
    Ok did my second play throw, I don't know if it was a bug the first time or that I didn't pick up the axe for the statue but the second time i played your map it worked, the first boss fight is too hard, I'm only a 49 cw but I was chugging pots left and right, so many adds are spawning that it makes it hard to keep up, if it wasn't for my aoe, I don't think any guardian could beat it even with pots.

as for the rest of the trash it wasn't too hard like I feared it might be.

3 stars for not enough detail work in the outside zones, first boss fights too hard and little things like needing to talk to a npc while he's still following you.

good job over all.

I will improve the outer area than, do you mean the last one?
    For the axe... i don't know it have not given me any bug right now, i will recheck.
    Regarding the the npc that follow you when need to talk, i liked to to in that way, i'd like to use this feature in one other part of the quest too. If you think it could be annoying i will fix this.
    Regarding boss fight, well i have tested it with a lvl 1 rogue because i had many bugs with any other characters, for example i had not the chance to dress with some armour/weapons and the lvl up in power and skills were very buggy. Now it works so i will retry it :)
    In my last play with my guardian lvl 31 i had not problems, but i saw that the boss as other powerful skills like to conjure other zombies, i had not noticed that with lvl1 rogue in foundry. In the end your critique were very constructive ;)
    Also i'd like to ask you if the lenguage was too bad... i'm not very good in english so probably many things could be very strange...
    thanks for the play!

EDIT: i did many changes in the quest, don't know if you want to retry it but now the outdoor of the last stage is reformed, some issues fixed and the fight rebalanced. Cheers and thank you for your advices ;)
  • Options
    slapthathogslapthathog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    Hey Luther8 just finished yours - my review is under @merryblues

I really liked it! After making my own dungeon I can see how much work you have in it. It's a bit long but in the end the quality makes up for it - plus when the Find the body part comes up there was no Points trail, so I ended up going the wrong way looking for the body. Once I got that straightened out it was smooth sailing. Few typos and stuff but nicely done!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Link: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?282392-Power-of-the-Loc-Nar
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I left you a review Slapthathog

Quest I
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Every review i get says something about spelling errors but I'm having issues spotting them.

Quest I
  • Options
    howitzer29howitzer29 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm a big fan of mysteries, so I'm looking forward to this one.

If you're looking for another Foundry to play, I've got mine, a story-combat-puzzler called "Rezade and the Ruins." It's at NW-DDTRJVWYB.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    thanks howitzer29 in a couple hours from now I might start a live stream on twitch tv with me doing some edit work for the second quest, might actually be really boring to watch and I'll be avoiding any story or dialog just the zones.

Quest I
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Live streaming at Twitch.TV

-update streams over now, thanks for watching.

Quest I
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the review Luther8! I see what your're saying about the inn, I'll go back and make that a little more clear - basically the inn guests (in the rooms) are all turning mad by the mere presence of the infected rocks. As for yours, one typo I recall for sure was the inspection of the corpses near the beginning "vary" should have been "very," but I can't recall others now. I know I have some in mine too! My bro says read it backwards and/or read it like it was someone elses to catch your own typos. I need to try that myself hehe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited May 2013
    sure, Im just sorry im a terrible reviewer but i try to stay true to star rating and its a extra play on your map that will hopefully help it get more plays

Quest I
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Live streaming at Twitch.TV right now with me working on my second quest for the sherlock colms series, Mostly just map editing but there is some good music :)

If you have questions on somethings I might be able to help by showing how in the stream.

-Update done streaming for now.

Quest I