test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FAQ - AD/AH Exploit Follow-Up

Comments

• xavrathxavrath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nojnor wrote: »
    This isn't specifically about the fixes or how effective they will be. I just love seeing all the posts that have the lines "All the hard work" I put in leveling my toon or farming AD. As soon as the words "hard work" go through your mind when it comes to a video game, its time to re-evaluate your life choices, maybe step away from the mouse and go outside for a bit. As soon as something that is supposed to be for entertainment starts to feel even remotely like work (not even hard work) and is no longer fun, I call it quits.

I'm also wondering as to what the reaction is of the folks that used the exploit. It would seem to me that they are much like trolls and are just sitting back and laughing at all this craziness they helped cause.

I had to laugh when I read your post. All the nerd drama over the possibility of a wipe is amazing. Whether they wipe the characters or not makes no difference. The people that like the game will stay and the people that get mad will have a decision to make. The people that get mad and quit over a character wipe should start realizing that even if there were a wipe, it is so fast to level in this game that you could get back to level 60 after the wipe and still have a quarter of the time invested that it took to get a WoW toon to 60.
  • sqbi87sqbi87 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shi** I logged in today and what do I see? My character is lower lvl and don't have all items. GG Neverwinter great solution just rollback everyone on the server...I'm out!
  • ambermajambermaj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aevlom wrote: »
    The problem is that you're still buying the claim that this is an "open beta". It's not. Open betas have data/character wipes before release. This is a full blown release with "open beta" stamped on it to lessen criticism of a game not ready/polished.

Massively calls these types of 'Open Betas' a Soft Launch. I think the name kinda fits.
    Cuz you sebestimated me!
  • scry6escry6e Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is simply amazing, well... not really, how quickly (and how many people) jump right to gloom and doom and/or I'm quitting, or I want some cash back, or even suggesting the game is on the verge of death or people are leaving all of the time.

Of course people are leaving, some people just don't dig it, or they suck. Who cares. I don't.

I like the game, it's a beta, and if it wasn't a beta, it is still a fledgling game. These things happen and will probably happen a few more times. I for one would just prefer to see all the whiners take a hike. Maybe a different game would take them back and those who enjoy this game can just do so without a bunch of negativity.

Or, i can just play and not look at the chat window, which is usually the best answer anyhow.
  • scry6escry6e Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    by way of example...

@ sqbi87

"Shi** I logged in today and what do I see? My character is lower lvl and don't have all items. GG Neverwinter great solution just rollback everyone on the server...I'm out! "

Later days!
  • unixorunixor Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xavrath wrote: »
    Oh give me a break! Leveling is so fast in this game that it is a joke! You can level from 1-60 in a couple days if you put the time in. If you don't have the time then it may take you all of two or three weeks, absolute maximum. Wow, that is such a major imposition! If you are complaining about that then you obviously have no plans on playing this game for very long anyway and losing you really isn't much of a problem.
    xavrath wrote: »
    I had to laugh when I read your post. All the nerd drama over the possibility of a wipe is amazing. Whether they wipe the characters or not makes no difference. The people that like the game will stay and the people that get mad will have a decision to make. The people that get mad and quit over a character wipe should start realizing that even if there were a wipe, it is so fast to level in this game that you could get back to level 60 after the wipe and still have a quarter of the time invested that it took to get a WoW toon to 60.

Double post - the new caps lock! True forum warrior. You can have as many breaks or laughs as you want - but character wipe isn't a solution here. They can trace back the currency flow from exploiter accounts back to the last gem and that\s what they're doing.. I hope.
  • mullacllahdoowmullacllahdoow Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I appreciate it must be difficult to estimate, but is there any approximation as to how long before the AH re-opens? As in are we talking a matter of hours, another day or two, or up to a week from now etc?
  • lordbane40lordbane40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Without a full wipe, if you are a legit player who actually spent money on the game, especially if you used ZEN to buy AD on the exchange, you are getting screwed by Cryptic and the script kiddies that exploited from day 1 to ruin the economy and the end game for legit players. I don't feel like re-leveling all of my toons either, but the current state of affairs is unacceptable.
  • ajh101ajh101 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lordbane40 wrote: »
    Without a full wipe, if you are a legit player who actually spent money on the game, especially if you used ZEN to buy AD on the exchange, you are getting screwed by Cryptic and the script kiddies that exploited from day 1 to ruin the economy and the end game for legit players. I don't feel like re-leveling all of my toons either, but the current state of affairs is unacceptable.

It's BETA !!!!

Firstly - Well done Dev's for sorting!

If some of you are STUPID enough to pay real money for Zen in BETA.. Well, other than a Disclaimer maybe required to point out the S word above, serves you right..

I can't wait for the torrent of abuse aimed at Dev's when game goes live ! OMG, You mean I have to start again (sob).

WTF ppl.. I hope all the haters do leave.. Let's call it "Natural Selection" :D
  • skylia120410skylia120410 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    solyad1 wrote: »
    And they likely won't refund that either so what difference does it make?

actually the Zen I purchased with my CC at 9:00 AM EST or around there which is after rollback was all there when I logged in this morning including the boxes I had opened so YES THEY DID ROLLBACK ZEN!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character handle:@skylia120410
    (www.gwfnw.weebly.com)
    GWF GUIDE SITE: Still being worked on not 60 yet
    Divine Misfits (one of the Guild Leaders)(Guild Site Manager)
    www.divinemisfits.guildlaunch.com
  • ciridaeciridae Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I lost zen and 250k AD as a result of the roll back. The zen was used to open nightmare lockboxes and the AD was in a bid on gear on the AH. I dont have the zen and I did not get my AD from the bid. This is getting ridiculous. First they have all these problems with exploits and now they can't even do a proper rollback. I opened tickets with support but seeing as how PWE support is one of the worst in the industry, I probably wont even get a response. What a terrible experience.
  • mmosoulmmosoul Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lordbane40 wrote: »

They could wipe everyone's funds without wiping the toons, leave us at level and put us all is base level greens for our level with a set amount of gold and AD. I would much rather them do that then what they did but the fact of the matter remains. They didn't give a dang about it until it ballooned in open chat. The few exploiters that were doing it only helped them by inflating the economy. It wasn't until the masses figured out what was going on and started trying it that they acted. The bug came from STO they knew about it already. But when the masses found out then nobody would need to buy anything from them so they had to fix it. The economy was screwed long before the last few hours that they rolled back and will be from now on. They might ban the main accounts but all of the funds have been laundered. It would cost them boatloads of cash to trace all of that down. They will ban a few accounts to appease the masses and not even touch the mule accounts with all the loot. Eventually all the hype will go away and it will only be mentioned in a random conversation. Exploiters win, we all lose. Our only hope is that the game gets so big they need to add a new server but then if they allow transfers then that economy will be screwed as well. Another game that failed before it "launched".
    ajh101 wrote: »
    It's BETA !!!!

If some of you are STUPID enough to pay real money for Zen in BETA.. Well, other than a Disclaimer maybe required to point out the S word above, serves you right..

I can't wait for the torrent of abuse aimed at Dev's when game goes live ! OMG, You mean I have to start again (sob).

It's NOT beta. Game developers are using that as a ploy to get double press. They get talked about on a lot more pages that way. It's a publicity stunt no more. Without a wipe at the end then it's live not beta. We get to play with the same toon from now on, we lose nothing, how much more live can it get aside from not having all the bugs from being released before it was ready. They know if they said there was going to be a wipe they would get less people and less people buying from the market.
  • darksxdarksx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I love how they tell us that they want to preserver the integrity of the economy, and don't get me wrong, I'm glad those who abused the system got banned. but its strikes me rather odd that there really is no way to ensure the integrity of the Astral Diamond Economy when someone can easily purchase tons of Zen if they desired and flood the market with Diamonds buying items.

I know that not everyone will do this, but again, some rich kid or person **** well can do that if they desired to. In reality there is no way at all that this economy can be preserved when you have a real money market on hand for those to use.
  • jukejointjezebeljukejointjezebel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    double post
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
  • alek340alek340 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's BETA !!!!

It's not a Beta...If that was the case we are all beta testers. The job of a beta tester is to find exploits and bugs and then report them after testing them and seeing if they can be repeated. Thats what I did. I found it, tested it and reported it...I was banned. The excuse of 'it's a beta' is getting tired.
    http://redd.it/1epuhy
  • jukejointjezebeljukejointjezebel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bishop2c3 wrote: »
    *cough* *cough* Perfect World North America is owned by Perfect World LTD out of Beijing. If you're going to be condescending, please get your facts right.

Really? I cheerfully stand corrected. I thought it was being mixed up with NC Soft, until I realized that they aren't from China either, and that I really need to spend more time sleeping and less time waiting for NW to be back up (referring to last night). :P
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
  • wardparrot90wardparrot90 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this may have been asked before but

i was playing yesterday and got to 30, so i decided to do a mass wool cloth weaving, to syncronize with my hiring a new weaver, and i had also had a finish training on my leadership stuff, when i got on today, my new weaver and training was there, but my wool cloth weaving was not, does that mean i lost my cloth or it was never taken out, or was it just placed back in
  • rubberduckie3rubberduckie3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013

you do know that there is no wipe when the game goes live right
  • solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    actually the Zen I purchased with my CC at 9:00 AM EST or around there which is after rollback was all there when I logged in this morning including the boxes I had opened so YES THEY DID ROLLBACK ZEN!

Good for you. Unfortunately, I had some buy orders in the exchange and my legit AD and some Zen are stuck in it until God knows when.
  • deadalondeadalon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    darksx wrote: »
    I love how they tell us that they want to preserver the integrity of the economy, and don't get me wrong, I'm glad those who abused the system got banned. but its strikes me rather odd that there really is no way to ensure the integrity of the Astral Diamond Economy when someone can easily purchase tons of Zen if they desired and flood the market with Diamonds buying items.

I know that not everyone will do this, but again, some rich kid or person **** well can do that if they desired to. In reality there is no way at all that this economy can be preserved when you have a real money market on hand for those to use.

PPL that exploited are not being banned. Its another PR like the 7 hour rollback to "fix" an issue. There have been plenty of mules shown with 100.000.000 AD since rollback.

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/324483tryagain.png
  • friarwoodyfriarwoody Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sadly, the one day I have for a long time to play - I mean really just sit down and play is the day before this 7 hour roll back. I supported the cause before the alpha and beta testing phases. This is truly saddening. Let me know when this will NEVER happen again and maybe then I will want to play this game again. :(
    edited May 2013
    alek340 wrote: »
    You are right, I need to give them a chance. Unfortunately I have been trying to connect to the support page all morning and it won't load the page. I'm assuming it's bogged down with a lot of traffic.

That wouldn't surprise me at all. And I'm sure they're getting a more than fair share of people hoping to exploit the clusterfrak, making bogus claims. I wouldn't want to be PW support in the next couple of days/weeks. @_@
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
  • solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    deadalon wrote: »
    PPL that exploited are not being banned. Its another PR like the 7 hour rollback to "fix" an issue. There have been plenty of mules shown with 100.000.000 AD since rollback.

If anyone thinks this is over, just wait until the exploiters drop the AD and items they bought with the counterfeit AD on the marketplace. They will be lucky to find 50%+ of the mules, we could be looking at another AH debacle once they dump all that inventory on the AH.
    edited May 2013
    deadalon wrote: »

Not likely that the image you just shared is post rollback. Notice the four celestial coins? CCs were lost after rollback.
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
    edited May 2013
    Not likely that the image you just shared is post rollback. Notice the four celestial coins? CCs were lost after rollback.

Not exactly true, I still have 5/7 Celestial coins for some reason.
  • lordbane40lordbane40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013

You're wrong. All of mine were present on all my toons. One had a warning that I needed to invocate in about 12 minutes or I'd lose them.
  • mmosoulmmosoul Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solyad1 wrote: »
    If anyone thinks this is over, just wait until the exploiters drop the AD and items they bought with the counterfeit AD on the marketplace. They will be lucky to find 50%+ of the mules, we could be looking at another AH debacle once they dump all that inventory on the AH.

15 years later UO still suffers from a check duping exploit. This will never be over.
  • deadalondeadalon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Plenty of ppl did not loose their coins. Depended when they got the last one compared to 7 hour rollback and then downtime.
    edited May 2013
    Sorry folks, but Ripley was right in Aliens and the 70%+ of people responding to polls on these forums are right too. Nuking from orbit is the only way to be sure.
  • smoletasmoleta Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure if it was talked about here. But what about in game mail? Earlier today I sent a few items to myself and the mail got to me instantly (The message was there) but I had to leave. Now that I'm back, there is no mails there whatsoever besides crappy spam gold sellers messages...
This discussion has been closed.