test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

what happend to my characters overnight?? data lost??

khellebkhelleb Member Posts: 17 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
just logged in to the game and i found out that my 4th character is NOT there and my other characters should have levels 20/19/5 and they are 19/17/1, that 4th toon was level 4, so i somehow lost progress, but why?? arent the data on the servers regullary saved??

have anyone the same problem??
Post edited by khelleb on

Comments

• burleyxiiiburleyxiii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    Did you leave them under the rock?
  • gilderongilderon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you trolling? Did you not read the 4 massive stickied posts about the roll back?
  • thewongerthewonger Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no way! THIS HAPPENED TO ME TOO
  • deadalondeadalon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what happened is that Cryptic/PW did not bother to mention the Rollback in the launcher cause it would have negative PR effect on the game..... They care more about that then actually telling ppl about the real state of the game. Total disgrace.
  • luvlis24luvlis24 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yup i may just go back to FW. i enjoyed the fighting system and i was only lvl 6 but now that i am lvl 2 again :( i really don't have that same urge to do it again. lol i hate roll backs, especially when your a new player, it just drains any effort you have in wanting to do newbie things.
  • vinru821vinru821 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lmao its a mystery! make a bug report.. just ignore all the thread there tho. lawless
    :eek:
  • judgemonroejudgemonroe Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    luvlis24 wrote: »
    yup i may just go back to FW. i enjoyed the fighting system and i was only lvl 6 but now that i am lvl 2 again :( i really don't have that same urge to do it again. lol i hate roll backs, especially when your a new player, it just drains any effort you have in wanting to do newbie things.

There's really not much difference between doing 54 or 58 more levels of the same **** thing, so if you think you don't want to repeat levels 2-6 then yeah maybe this isn't the game for you. It doesn't get better, or different, or exciting.
  • cookiebraincookiebrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    YOu idiotic human. There was an exploit yesterday that made the game go offline for 18 hours exactly... How did you not see this?
  • khellebkhelleb Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gilderon wrote: »
    Are you trolling? Did you not read the 4 massive stickied posts about the roll back?

no im not trolling and i didnt know what the 'roll back' is.. so i missed the informations and was just shocked and surpriced, thats all.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The roll back should be plastered on the launcher to let people know. not everyone is on the forum.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
    edited May 2013
    vinru821 wrote: »
    lmao its a mystery! make a bug report.. just ignore all the thread there tho. lawless

nice people are everywhere.. :)
    edited May 2013
    YOu idiotic human. There was an exploit yesterday that made the game go offline for 18 hours exactly... How did you not see this?

how did i not see this?? because once i was done with playing yesterday i didnt play again or go to the forums and today i just loged in and saw something was wrong... you idiot..
  • vikinggamervikinggamer Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This just in...
    Most people who play games actually play the game rather than the forum.
    Details at 11.

All die, so die well.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah like I said earlier despite the best efforts of the cheaters, a lot of people had no clue anything happened, if I was going by how my character looked and what I had between the time the servers went down and were brought back up I would not been able to tell anything happened.

This is why Cryptic's decision was the right one, for the majority of people who did not cheat (with the exception of those who lost new characters who were made during that time) saw a fairly seamless process.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • burleyxiiiburleyxiii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    This just in...
    Most people who play games actually play the game rather than the forum.
    Details at 11.

Update: If you come to forums, perhaps you should read before blindly posting.
  • vinru821vinru821 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    khelleb wrote: »
    nice people are everywhere.. :)

hey come on now, that other guy called you an idiot haha i wouldnt do that!
    :eek:
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same story as OP. I logged in to find myself gone back in time, my main had lost a level and the second slot should have been occupied by a dwarf GF not an orc TR ( who was deleted two characters ago). Imagine this **** happening after you've acquired that coveted super piece of loot, hmmm.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • jamesl1jamesl1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is why Cryptic's decision was the right one, for the majority of people who did not cheat (with the exception of those who lost new characters who were made during that time) saw a fairly seamless process.

LOL
    their decision was anything BUT the right one

put the info on the freaking launcher
  • silverspritesilversprite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    to catch the OP up to speed, here is what you missed...

An exploit which effected the balance of the economy in game caused the cat population of Neverwinter to explode, some of us watched the ongoing saga from our various social networkings and here on the forums for many hours as they decided how best to deal with the situation...

retroactive cat spay and neuter programs were put into effect causing a 7 hour roll back of the game servers

(oops typo edit)
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The right decision would've been to notify everyone about what's happening (don't they have an admin channel to broadcast stuff like that?) At least they should mention rollbacks in the launcher.
  • wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey OP If most of the forum users had their own way we would have had a full wipe so count yourself lucky they are not in charge :D
  • gilderongilderon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jamesl1 wrote: »
    LOL
    their decision was anything BUT the right one

put the info on the freaking launcher

you trolls never cease to amaze me. What would you have had them do about the BILLIONS of duped AD that were circulated into the economy, and the thousands of cats bought and spread for little to nothing? Would you really care to have all the valuable items on the AH listed for tens of millions of AD, and you have no possibility of ever being able to buy them?

There were 18 hours of minute to minute updates yesterday via forums, facebook, twitter, and reddit. They cannot help it if you live under a rock, and bury your head in the sand.
  • trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There were 18 hours of minute to minute updates yesterday via forums, facebook, twitter, and reddit. They cannot help it if you live under a rock, and bury your head in the sand.

This made me lul.

The forums weren't "updated" for 16 of those 18 hours. Only one dev posted once on Reddit. There were 8 updates in a 10 hour period of time on Facebook all saying the exact same thing. The launcher wasn't updated until 6 pm. 4 hours after servers went down. The only "minute by minute" updates were from twitter and those by and large consisted of updates about eating hats, the best way to get a job at Cryptic and that Cryptic was sorry of 10 consecutive hours that they had no information to release.

All of that aside, the mere fact that you expect normal human beings with actual lives to troll twitter for updates puts you in a category of delusion I cannot even fathom.

The fact the launcher is STILL not updated with a giant sign directing users to the public apology thread illustrates how incompetent and out of touch Cryptic is with the average user. The only people who are in the loop are dedicated players. Casuals by and large have no idea what the hell is going on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deadalondeadalon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes - Not having this News on Launcher yet is a total disgrace. Just shows how little Cryptic cares about those normal players that are suffering because of this.
    edited May 2013
    you trolls never cease to amaze me. What would you have had them do about the BILLIONS of duped AD that were circulated into the economy, and the thousands of cats bought and spread for little to nothing? Would you really care to have all the valuable items on the AH listed for tens of millions of AD, and you have no possibility of ever being able to buy them?

as trickshaw says... not everyone is on fb, twitter, reddit and some other stupid (anti)social community sides, many people who play games also live and have other hobbies and jobs and so on. im not checking those sides, im not even all the time on the internet, but definitely im also not under the rock, hehe... so if anyone uninformed write on the forums asking what is going on, then its nice to see who the REAL TROLL really is. nice people try to help, even if that particular question is asked for XXth time and trolls are just annoyed and have nothing to say, just trolling, not helping..