test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The official fanboy/girl Neverwinter thread-list (Non-Quitters)

Comments

• entalyanentalyan Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    I'm really liking the game, although it does still have some rough edges. I like how the 'catastrophe' last night was handled by the community manager, and of course the people working to resolve the issue. I will be staying with the game, and when the economy has stabilized (or at the very least turned on again) I will be getting me some goodies from the Zen store.
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And the list keeps growing... and growing! :D
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • chraichrai Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's free and fun. I've spent like
  • dourhelmdourhelm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am staying.
  • mazikenmaziken Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    assassin83 wrote: »
    The show must go on

I'm still playing

I read this in Freddie Mercury's harmonic voice.
  • rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    As much as I like to complain , overall I think the game has great potential so I for one will not be quitting.
  • haelrahaelra Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We need a better class of conspiracy theorists. Cryptic's doing fine, and I'm not leaving.
  • lilmomcrowlilmomcrow Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I for one will not be quitting. The game itself is pretty fun, and I have a group of friends to run around with to boot. It is an enjoyable way to spend my downtime. It is disturbing to know that this exploit existed in STO and in this game since day one and was not addressed right away, but I am familiar with PW and am not surprised - I pretty much knew what their response would be. I had no expectations or fears of shards being wiped.....I am actually kinda surprised the rolled it back since in their other games this had NOT been the case under similar circumstances. I can live with this fix, and already enjoy the game enough that I don't have any desire to quit playing.
  • flakelessflakeless Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    should I be a 'QQer' or a 'Fanboy'
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You should be neither... Please stop accusing yourselves of being fanboys or scrubbies... for a start unless you're being silly and making ridiculous excuses for PWE/Cryptics decisions by using bad rationalization, then you're just a sane human being who see's both sides to this, not a fanboy... And unless you've immediately decided that X class is beaten by X class 100% of the time, without trying everything, you're not scrubs... :( saddens me to see people willingly call themselves these derogatory terms.
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm a fan scrub!
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    saddens me to see people willingly call themselves these derogatory terms.

I'd rather have a self-deprecatory sense of humor, than none at all.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • goose1009goose1009 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Myself and the members of my guild were not exploiting at all. So at the worst we lost our sunday morning progress.

I still love this game and am glad they fixed the issue at hand.
    iCW4wKwOat1oO.png
  • balthezorebalthezore Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like the game, might call me a fanboy. But I don't defend it for it's obvious fails. Not to mention AD exploit that has been our since game came out.
    There are many wrong things and many fail boss mechanics, that are not fun at all. Handle adds "most of the time knock them off cliffs" And transition to another phase where you handle 1 big add and bunch of small ones.
    I'm rather suprised that players who use foundry tool made 10 times more fun encounters than devs...
    So yeah unless they get their **** together I don't think I'll stick around since lore itself can't keep me going.

But I do like the game.
  • jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This whole thing is funny to me. My first mmo was Anarchy online back at its release. Now that games release is famous for being the worst in mmo history. But i liked the idea of the game and stuck it out for years. Back then the only people playing mmo's were adult computer nerds with credit cards. Now look what you have, A bunch of immature kids playing them. You can thank Wow for bringing mmo's main stream. And its so easy to post hate and rage quit threats. But no matter what anyone says, Its the cheaters and not Cryptic or PWE that put us all in this spot. I like this game very much. Something like this won't make me quit. It just reminds me why i tend to solo these games now.
  • bori4bori4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    This game beautifully captures the spirit of D&D, and with the Foundry it has infinite content.
    Sure it has some dishonest scumbags in it, just like life does :D Not all of them "go to jail" when we think they deserve to, again just like life. We don't kill ourselves because of corrupt <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in real life - we lock up as many as we can and try not to obsess about the rest.

In short, I reckon this game will go for a good long while and I will be here for a lot of it :D
    Bori - Renegade Drow - 40 Trickster Rogue - Mindflayer
    Elocin - Renegade Drow - 39 Devoted Cleric of Selune - Mindflayer

Looking for some Dust of Forum Troll Disappearance
    ? Sprinkle this on any troll to phase shift them out of your plane of existence. ;)

• lhyeuzelhyeuze Member Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    bori4 wrote: »
    This game beautifully captures the spirit of D&D, and with the Foundry it has infinite content.
    Sure it has some dishonest scumbags in it, just like life does :D Not all of them "go to jail" when we think they deserve to, again just like life. We don't kill ourselves because of corrupt <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in real life - we lock up as many as we can and try not to obsess about the rest.

In short, I reckon this game will go for a good long while and I will be here for a lot of it :D

Troll, sorry I do not have other word to describe this
  • electrinoelectrino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    I won't quit until i see more classes and races and then play all of them to lvl 30 at least, so i'm staying here because of that and also because there is no alternative yet.
    High five, non-quitters :D
  • selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not going anywhere. I understand <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> happens in a game and I'm glad they are fixing it as it comes. People complaining about Class changes are those who fail to notice patches have been critical fixes. They just need to calm down and get a hug. Cryptic will put out a class balance patch when it is ready. They will bring new classes when they are ready, and they will continue to reply on the forums to customers which isn't required of them to do but they do anyway because whether people agree or not. They care for their costumers.

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I haven't seen an MMO without a major exploit at some point in it's life. Staying because I like the game. OP. thanks for creating a positive thread.
  • fosslasfosslas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    I am not a fan boy of this game and do not intend to quit either but i will just log on and do invocations for a few days until this settles down as i still say more is to come of this problem and this is not the end of it yet.

I will not do a charge back on my founders pack either as i play STO and do not wish to lose that account i have had since closed beta on that. Yes i would love to separate the games from one merged account so that they are stand alone games on 2 different account but i cant see that happening or being allowed.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not a fanboy but i don't quit. Why would I get angry for a 7h rollback if they cleaned most of the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>?
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not quitting. Certainly not quitting because someone found an exploit: that would mean not playing any games at all. Even solitaire has cheats. Every MMO has cheats and exploits -- even the pay to play stuff.

But if you are quitting I am going to put some junk in the AH up for millions of AD, buy it and quit already if you are gonna.
  • electrinoelectrino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    and during those 7h i only set few profession tasks, not a big deal really lol
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Updated! If someone is missing or thinks that shouldn't belong in this list of shame, please let me know. :)
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You can add me on there. I don't understand any of the negativity. It's a free freaking video game! How can you even get mad at something you don't have to play and you never even had to pay for?

It's like getting angry because you didn't like a Christmas present! It's obnoxious.

I'm with Nepht! (Sorry Nepht I know association with me can be a very negative thing lol).
  • runicfirunicfi Member Posts: 269 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Aww ****, my quitter list is losing so hard to this one. Sadface.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mohannmohann Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every player who is proud of publisher punishing only main accounts involved in exploiting the game while leaving mule accounts with exploited items/AD untouched

had a failed brain surgery.

Every player who is proud of publisher punishing people exploiting the game for the last 7 hours while doing nothing against people exploiting the game since the very first hour of open beta release

had a brain lobotomy.
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not quitting either, but not because I am a 'fanboi', just because I am a mentally normal adult. When I stop having fun I will eventually quit without so much drama on the forums like the ..least normal adults.
  • charsizcharsiz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not quitting because of a little exploit/rollback :)
This discussion has been closed.