test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Animal Encounters?

boomba66boomba66 Member Posts: 221 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
I have used Goblins and re-skinned them with Wolves and Panthers, yet they will not animate. Has anyone foun a work around for getting animal encounter groups in?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by boomba66 on

Comments

• Options
    notauriousnotaurious Member Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have yet to find one. Animal behavior is not comparable to humanoid behavior, which may be why there is this issue. I have a quest involving pigs, and they stand there until ready to attack then zip at me in an erratic fashion. Your best bet may be to work with casters for your pets, or try out the little brain mobs and reskin those as pets? Not sure if that would work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Short Code Copy/Paste: NW-DJC4R9H3R
  • Options
    aggropotatoaggropotato Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I find that if you want wolves, use the easy melee werewolf encounter.

You'll probably want to rename them, as they're called Wolf Packmate, if I remember correctly, by default.

For other animals, they don't animate simply because they have no attack or death animations done for them.
    JtuEMvw.jpg
  • Options
    boomba66boomba66 Member Posts: 221 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

You'll probably want to rename them, as they're called Wolf Packmate, if I remember correctly, by default.

For other animals, they don't animate simply because they have no attack or death animations done for them.

Thank you glad I wasn't only one having this problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darkenedeye1fdarkenedeye1f Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I found spiders work with animal animations... if you don't mind them coming in very fast (Deathjump). I also used spiderlings, which kinda work although they are mixed. Also the werewolf wolves... and that's about it.
  • Options
    kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep.

Some of the thinks lacking attack animations are odd, for instance there is a bear mount and creature, but no bear attack. WTH, bears are very standard rpg enemies.
  • Options
    tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This kind of thread makes me giddy with anticipation for the content packs we're sure to get for the Foundry over time. One day we'll look back at the current content of the Foundry and go "remember when we could barely make animals to fight against?". :)
  • Options
    yospeckyospeck Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tilt42 wrote: »
    This kind of thread makes me giddy with anticipation for the content packs we're sure to get for the Foundry over time. One day we'll look back at the current content of the Foundry and go "remember when we could barely make animals to fight against?". :)

*nods*

I think people keep forgetting we're in Open Beta :D What we have no is surely only the surface of what we'll eventually have, given that we're pretty much the ones making Cryptics player content.
  • Options
    runis12runis12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah, we were talking about the animals yesterday. :) I'd love for my outdoor zone to have some kind of aggressive wildlife...haha. :)
    What would make me cry is if we had to buy Foundry chips from the Zen Market. :s
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tilt42 wrote: »

Well... you say that. I wonder what STO Foundry players would say. Here's hoping they give Neverwinter more attention due to it being the hot new thing now. Plus "Dungeon Mastering" is a big thing.