Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    rb1641rb1641 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tyrmoon wrote: »
    i say if they roll back everyone should get a free spider mount

I say everyone who has not spent a dime on this game should stop posting till the problem is fixed.
  • Options
    ronbo68ronbo68 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 4m
    Can't talk yet about how, but yes, ill-gotten gains will be gone. Presumably that includes cats. :P"
  • Options
    griffinthemadgriffinthemad Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    255! ermergawd!

oh super sad :( I missed it :((((
  • Options
    bladen1234bladen1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 4m

@KevinLucks @Qii0152 Can't talk yet about how, but yes, ill-gotten gains will be gone. Presumably that includes cats. :P

Oh boy this game is going to be a bit lighter when it reopens.
  • Options
    mithreinmaethormithreinmaethor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Someone should tell griffin that it is only 64 pages

Because if you have it still set for 10 posts per page you are just a ****
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jonngalt wrote: »
    While I am sure that Cryptic/Perfect World will come up with a fine solution, my vote is for hyperinflation a la the Weimar Republic.

"There's a new currency today, folks, Yen, and Astral Emeralds. 1 Yen = 1,000,000 Zen, and 1 Astral Emerald = 1,000,000 Astral Diamonds. All prices are now in Yen and Astral Emeralds. Oh, but we are going to give everyone 1 Yen for every 1 Zen they previously purchased, and we are going to give everyone 5000 Astral Emeralds per character per day they've been active.

My solution is only half baked, and needs to include some sort of fix for stuff previously purchased from the Zen store (maybe a time limit for anything previously purchased via Zen).

Hey, just an idea. But there is a reason this has been adopted by troubled government time and time again . . .

Easier solution,
    1. Ban exploiters and remove as much of the ill gotten Zen/AD/Items from the system as possible.
    2. Clear all bids from the AD/Zen Exchange, put all AD/Zen back into the exchange wallet.
    3. Clear all bids off the AH, refund all AD waiting on bids and all Items are sent back to their owners.
    4. Let the economy start from scratch with nothing to compare it too.
    5. Wait
  • Options
    raziousrazious Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a lot of pages.. Could write a novel with it

I don't think anyone would want to read a book entitled "D&D, Tales of the Whining city"
  • Options
    sicknesssickness Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013

...or an amazing Foundry Quest!
  • Options
    adinosoulwoodadinosoulwood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    If it is true that this problem was known and submitted in closed beta and also appeared in STO, I don't know... if that is true I might be done, because at that point, what kind of team allows that? I can't believe that is true, but if it is... they got serious issues.
  • Options
    reclusiarcreclusiarc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One of you supposed RP'ers tell me where to find RP'ers! Everytime I go to the Moonstone Mask I just see naked half-orcs on stage, and.. ain't nobody got time for that.
  • Options
    inu755inu755 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dartakx wrote: »
    I agree but they were aware of this exploit, it's been reported weeks ago. But it's always damage control they act and sell stuff as a live game promising no wipe vs being tagged as open beta because they are still bugs and exploits that have been reported a month ago that they purposely ignore to fix before releasing the game and the cash shop. Sad thing is how I can have trust in the product if they add more stuff in cash shop than bug fixed each week. It's alright to be affected by bugs, it happens. But I'm not pleased to play a great game with millions and millions of AD and Cats ccompanions hiding in thousands of mules account + all the legit gains everyone got from the devaluating AD exploits. I mean no matters how many bans they handed out AD will be worthless for several months. AD are now pesos.

You know what i have nothing to say to that very nice. i dont think however they should do a wipe or recall. it wont effect me since im lvl 18 but those who spent time and money on this game should not have to pay for such a small group of ppl. very nicely put once again and i know what i wrote has almost nothing to do with what you said but was all i could think to what you had wrote
  • Options
    solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Come to think of it, I never got mine. hmmm

Call your lawyer
  • Options
    geldongeldon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They say if you sit down enough monkeys with typewriters, you'll eventually inadvertently reproduce the complete works of Shakesphere.

So far, we're just up to Carrot Top.
  • Options
    zarvuszarvus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    re: the pirate hat - you have to go to the Founder's store and get it for some reason. At least, that's what I did.
  • Options
    vinzovinzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    attachment.php?attachmentid=5121&d=1369025447

Priceless.
  • Options
    megerkomegerko Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    woot! 254 pages!

Stop it! forum will self-destruct in the 256 page -_-
  • Options
    xlocustaxlocusta Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    id like to know when servers will come live, i just want to play my Guardian fighter. which is apparently not needed in t1/2 content. but still enjoy the class. can we at least have that information?
  • Options
    okitsunegaokitsunega Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    falson1 wrote: »
    Well its quite obvious I did not cheat ever, I hope they do go through any logs with my name. I have never even logged into the gateway. I never broke any rules, therefore I should not be punished. Its really that simple.

I don't exactly disagree with you either. And that's exactly the problem. Billions of the exploit-generated AD have most likely ended up to people who sold items obtained in perfectly legit ways. Many of those people have quite possibly converted this AD to ZEN, and spent it to cash shop. Or used it in other various ways - all perfectly fair and legit. The problem is, that the AD would still originally come 'out of nowhere' through exploits, and thus it's still hurting the economy, no matter how many times it may have changed hands legitly afterwards. There is, far as I can say, no really good way to solve this.
  • Options
    falson1falson1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Right, but that doesn't mean they weren't benefiting from it. The AD had to come from somewhere. The founders packs are the only legit source that could get even close to that. But exploiters would have been buying their stuff too.

If this was going on since closed beta as some are suggesting. With a few people keeping it secret until someone went public. Then its doubtful anyone with a lot of AD doesn't have at least some bad.

I Have a lot of AD, about 6.5 million. I never broke a single rule. I would bet my house on it. Just bidding on items hours on end in front of the mailbox, winning some and reselling for a profit. SEVERAL hours/days doing this, but my guy is equipped well now and has some cash.
  • Options
    regenfrithuregenfrithu Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Ahh, the joy :)
  • Options
    techcenterztechcenterz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imo just clean slate this **** full roll-back and adjust the price's of ZEN and AD (for eg $30.00 NZD for 1,500 ZEN) put these **** spammers out of business.

we know that a majority of the exploits only started when they showed up in the past week or so and a lot of accounts being hacked thanks to stupid people being sucked into "Neverwinter Hacks" promised **** like instant level 60 untold amounts of gold and AD what they do not realise is these are just alterations of what you see on screen and in the process sent their login details to the creators.
  • Options
    stillwarmingupstillwarmingup Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WTB [Neverwinter Server On-Line Crystal] PST
  • Options
    ladyelifladyelif Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am adding a reply so that my name is noted in this historic thread of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Rickshaw.
  • Options
    overkill1981overkill1981 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    confirm the action! so i can get back to playin. only get to play late at night and it ruins my night when yall do stuff like this!
  • Options
    fsleeperfsleeper Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ever since the LAST STRAW with last Piece of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> known as SimCity and their ignoring the community and taking the path of opting for a sub-par game and milking the community vs. producing a GREAT product like they USE to - I'm on the "don't pay now" kick, so events like this are .... self-edifying. Frustrating though to see everyone that has or has not payed yet, being SCREWED by a few that "hacked" the system. I vote for public executions as a means to stop this trend!
  • Options
    velshanvelshan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Update 9 PM Pacific: The post about our plan of action is being confirmed -- stay tuned, folks, we're getting closer.

LOL so they are confirming that the post is real? Not confirming the plan of action?
  • Options
    officerpantherofficerpanther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    solresol wrote: »
    Call your lawyer

I did, he said "what the hell is a server stress test"... /facepalm
  • Options
    solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Someone earlier was asking about coins

Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 9m
    @MarkPwr Not sure yet about celestial coins. We'd like to preserve them, but it's a lower priority -- we're hopeful, but not likely.
  • Options
    bedwyerbedwyer Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't get my pirate hat either, i'll get to the founders store like said earlier and check it out...if we ever get to play again...this may be the end of all creation...
    Silverhand
  • Options
    thecrimsonrozethecrimsonroze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bluedarky wrote:
    If PWE and Cryptic are so greedy, why have they allowed the server to sit empty earning no money for the last 9 and a half hours?
    zingarbage wrote: »
    Because people found a way to print money, thus taking it out of PWs hands.

I'm actually *excited* that PW is taking the entire system down and commits to the *proper* course of action, doing all the *hard work* of tracing not only the offenders, but also their impact on the economy before taking a decision on what action to take.

I used to play MapleStory. Anyone who has ever seriously played MapleStory knows what happens when to a game where the abuse of the system is commonplace and lacks consequences. When I left MapleStory it felt like there were more hackers and goldfarmers playing than legitimate players.

So to Perfect World:

Hat's off, you're doing an *excellent* job, take all the time you need.
    Only thing I ask is that if you in any way remove items from players that you also put back any ZEN/AD that they used to get the items with in the first place, it simply wouldn't be fair to anyone who bought ZEN then traded for potentially tainted AD through the in-game ZEN<->AD market to lose every value those AD provided if you don't also give back the ZEN that bought the AD.