test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please wipe the servers

epictrilogyepictrilogy Member Posts: 85
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I've spent 50 bucks on this game between 2 accounts I'm willing to spend more but you might just kill this game for me which will result in endless chargebacks and the ultimate demise of this product.

THIS IS OPEN BETA by YOUR OWN WORDS

WIPE!

I would rather start from scratch in a level playing field than to go another day questioning the legitimacy of the economy or players around me. If you do not wipe you will destroy your game and due to it being "OPEN BETA" by your very terms of service you can wipe and you technically don't owe anyone anything.

If you want this game to have a second chance you will make the right choice and start fresh... if you do not, you're basically packing your bags on a game that will forever be broken with thousands of second and third accounts being loaded with AD, zen and gold... not to mention all the the one shot exploited end game gear circulating. Oh and all the exploited level 60 accounts... so many fkn exploits....just wipe....
Post edited by epictrilogy on

Comments

• varsas13varsas13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Too late. They clearly stated already they are NOT wiping the servers. Suck it up, deal with it. They're fixing the issue, banning those who offended it. and re-verting the changes they did, any and all ill bought items, transferred to mules, will be banned.

Either wipe the servers, which loses weeks of progress from players, or revert the damage exploiters caused.
  • eidalaneidalan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Aye.

I too, would be questioning the legitimacy of some people unless there is a full wipe.
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've spent 50 bucks on this game between 2 accounts I'm willing to spend more but you might just kill this game for me which will result in endless chargebacks and the ultimate demise of this product.

WIPE!

I would rather start from scratch in a level playing field than to go another day questioning the legitimacy of the economy or players around me. If you do not wipe you will destroy your game and due to it being "OPEN BETA" by your very terms of service you can wipe and you technically don't owe anyone anything.

If you want this game to have a second chance you will make the right choice and start fresh... if you do not, you're basically packing your bags on a game that will forever be broken with thousands of second and third accounts being loaded with AD, zen and gold... not to mention all the the one shot exploited end game gear circulating. Oh and all the exploited level 60 accounts... so many fkn exploits....just wipe....

Two accounts, eh? Sounds like an exploiter using a mule to me. More good evidence that those crying wipe are the cheaters. The guilty dog barks loudest, and they are the most vocal people on here tonight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • demonishademonisha Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am glad that I spent money on this open beta, it has taught me a valuable lesson.. Play the game first to see if it worth spending money on. I agree with this poster on the whole there needs to be a wipe. I also agree that if there is no wipe I too will be calling up my bank to get my eighty dollars back. Anyways, keep on being like 80% of the companies out here now, dont listen to what your players want, and I can assure you this game will never leave open beta..
  • bestcarrynabestcarryna Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    wipe my ***
    Kaenerys - Mindflayer - TR
  • fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wonder how they managed to check logs all the way back to the head start so quickly, must have a massive team that's checking the logs right now.
  • lordmethodmanlordmethodman Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree. PWE loses all credibility if they don't wipe/rollback over this incident and I won't be logging in again if it doesn't happen.
  • oblongshipoblongship Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013

WIPE!

OOPS looks like you will need to cry your sad little eyes into your sad little pillow...

Update 5:15 PM Pacific: We have most of the information in-hand, but are waiting on a few final details to determine our plan of action. To clarify one thing I've seen around on Twitter, whatever we ultimately decide to do, a full character wipe will not happen. We're doing everything we can to minimize the impact of this fix, so that it changes what must change, but not much else.
  • branwheatkillahbranwheatkillah Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I couldn't care less what other people do on their accounts. That doesn't affect my ability to have fun in the PvE aspects of the game and with most of the PvP aspects being derived from participation, I see no impact on myself from these people having exploited gold, AD, ZEN, or anything in between.

Much like players that get jealous over specific class powers and call for a nerf, I do not see the use. None of this will hinder my ability to enjoy what is at it's heart, a co-operative experience. Nothing they do will change that.

On the other hand, the company here, Cryptic, could in fact make a change that would be detrimental to all players, myself included, which in this case would be a system wide wipe. Thankfully, they've seen the intelligent solution of the situation and chosen not to do this. I assure you, this game would not survive a wipe.
  • epictrilogyepictrilogy Member Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    Two accounts, eh? Sounds like an exploiter using a mule to me. More good evidence that those crying wipe are the cheaters. The guilty dog barks loudest, and they are the most vocal people on here tonight.

Could be that or it could be I play with my wife... ******.. if I exploited why would I even need to spend i'd have unlimited zen that I swapped AD for...
    edited May 2013
    There will be no wipe. You guys can give it up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • j0mberwakij0mberwaki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nope.gif
    4895b885-3d65-48d2-9eb2-d940289d7be4_zps8e4ae678.jpg
    WTB Big-Giant Robot Camels, tbh...
    edited May 2013
    oblongship wrote: »
    OOPS looks like you will need to cry your sad little eyes into your sad little pillow...

Update 5:15 PM Pacific: We have most of the information in-hand, but are waiting on a few final details to determine our plan of action. To clarify one thing I've seen around on Twitter, whatever we ultimately decide to do, a full character wipe will not happen. We're doing everything we can to minimize the impact of this fix, so that it changes what must change, but not much else.

enjoy your dead servers cheating sissy.
  • branwheatkillahbranwheatkillah Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    demonisha wrote: »
    I am glad that I spent money on this open beta, it has taught me a valuable lesson.. Play the game first to see if it worth spending money on. I agree with this poster on the whole there needs to be a wipe. I also agree that if there is no wipe I too will be calling up my bank to get my eighty dollars back. Anyways, keep on being like 80% of the companies out here now, dont listen to what your players want, and I can assure you this game will never leave open beta..

Oh? Your spending of money on keys, dye packs, companions, and bank slots has some how been compromised by other people exploiting their own accounts and possibly inflating the in-game economy?

Do tell me how that works.
  • genryu20genryu20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Dezstravus and the Neverwinter Team

I hope everyone who can read this understands what that says. NO CHARACTER WIPE ^_^
    Others can copy and spread this as well to all the 100's of threads demanding wipes that wont happen.
  • oblongshipoblongship Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    enjoy your dead servers cheating sissy.

Rofl so because I don't want a wipe, I am automatically a cheater?

Man, how do you get to be that stupid? Do you have to eat a steady diet of paint chips? or are you born like that?

Just because someone doesn't want a wipe they are a cheater....LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Thanks for the good laugh!
    edited May 2013

Man, how do you get to be that stupid? Do you have to eat a steady diet of paint chips? or are you born like that?

I base my opinion of you on the way you carry yourself... you carry yourself like a f a g g o t so I ultimately assume you are a cheater. 70% voted for a wipe... seems like they would have a much stronger community if they wiped. Enjoy your 29%
  • demonishademonisha Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well all we can do now is sit and wait, come home from work to play a little before bed only to get on and see that once again someone has found epic flaws with this game that have caused it to be taken down. When you say we are not going to do a wipe when it goes live, you make this statement under the assumption that nothing major like this is going to happen. Well guess what, it did.. so now you must go back on what you say and wipe. Also, for the guy who says cheaters bark the loudest. I dont even know how to cheat, or even where to begin to learn. I spent my hard earned money on this game and really there is nothing I have that cannot be given back to me after a wipe.. you simply credit my account with zen and I buy the **** over again.. yes you would have to do this for every account, but unless you find another way to make this right, you must suffer for not seeing this flaw before open beta.
    edited May 2013

It makes more sense to me that cheaters would want a wipe. Why would an innocent player want to lose all their progress for something they didn't do? It's beyond stupid. A wipe only helps the cheaters stay on top. Think about it. They just make another account, and they're on the same level as everyone else...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • corwn1corwn1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ive payed about the same amount into the game, and grinded alot. I find a full wipe is no use. As long as they fix the bug its all fine
    edited May 2013
    It makes more sense to me that cheaters would want a wipe. Why would an innocent player want to lose all their progress for something they didn't do? It's beyond stupid. A wipe only helps the cheaters stay on top. Think about it. They just make another account, and they're on the same level as everyone else...

are you f u c king stupid? If they don't wipe then they have 3-4 back up accounts with unlimited gold, zen and AD.... I can't even begin to understand your logic on this... We call people like you Blue Falcons in the army... Buddy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ers
    edited May 2013
    I base my opinion of you on the way you carry yourself... you carry yourself like a f a g g o t so I ultimately assume you are a cheater. 70% voted for a wipe... seems like they would have a much stronger community if they wiped. Enjoy your 29%

None of those 70% were active on these forums before today, none of them contributed anything memorable to the community, or helped people with their problems here. The people against the wipe are my friends here, who also invest time in this game, invest countless hours making quests for others to enjoy, and are always willing to help others with their technical problems on here. Those 70% are mostly the whining, no-good cheaters, who want to ruin everyone else's good time. They're not bringing anything good into the world, I hope all 2,000 of them quit this game. They aren't good enough for D&D because they're a bunch of shallow, materialistic crybabies who have to buy their way to the top, then cheat on top of that, then cry when they get caught, trying to put the blame on EVERYONE else. There will be no wipe. I hope that really eats you cheaters up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vivinanavivinana Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I couldn't care less what other people do on their accounts. That doesn't affect my ability to have fun in the PvE aspects of the game and with most of the PvP aspects being derived from participation, I see no impact on myself from these people having exploited gold, AD, ZEN, or anything in between.

Much like players that get jealous over specific class powers and call for a nerf, I do not see the use. None of this will hinder my ability to enjoy what is at it's heart, a co-operative experience. Nothing they do will change that.

On the other hand, the company here, Cryptic, could in fact make a change that would be detrimental to all players, myself included, which in this case would be a system wide wipe. Thankfully, they've seen the intelligent solution of the situation and chosen not to do this. I assure you, this game would not survive a wipe.

it DOES affect everyone you moron because the influx of AD ruins the in-game economy which YOU USE.
    you know that button on the top of your GUI that lets you exchange AD for Zen? you know that price tag on every single item on the AH?
    do you ever want to convert AD to zen to buy zen-only items?
    do you ever want to buy or sell items on the AH?

well guess what -the exploiters just ruined both of those aspects of the game FOR YOU.
  • j0mberwakij0mberwaki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    vivinana wrote: »
    it DOES affect everyone you moron because the influx of AD ruins the in-game economy which YOU USE.
    you know that button on the top of your GUI that lets you exchange AD for Zen? you know that price tag on every single item on the AH?
    do you ever want to convert AD to zen to buy zen-only items?
    do you ever want to buy or sell items on the AH?

well guess what -the exploiters just ruined both of those aspects of the game FOR YOU.

Give him a minute...
    4895b885-3d65-48d2-9eb2-d940289d7be4_zps8e4ae678.jpg
    WTB Big-Giant Robot Camels, tbh...
    edited May 2013
    None of those 70% were active on these forums before today, none of them contributed anything memorable to the community, or helped people with their problems here. The people against the wipe are my friends here, who also invest time in this game, invest countless hours making quests for others to enjoy, and are always willing to help others with their technical problems on here. Those 70% are mostly the whining, no-good cheaters, who want to ruin everyone else's good time. They're not bringing anything good into the world, I hope all 2,000 of them quit this game. They aren't good enough for D&D because they're a bunch of shallow, materialistic crybabies who have to buy their way to the top, then cheat on top of that, then cry when they get caught, trying to put the blame on EVERYONE else. There will be no wipe. I hope that really eats you cheaters up.

VERY BOLD ASSUMPTION... PROVE 70% are the cheaters? Show proof... please "Helper" do something other than talk out your a s s
  • candiflavorcandiflavor Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is DONE. just do something till new game comes out. Banning or reverting what happened a few days doesn't change anything. Who knows when this exploit started? it could've been right from the start of the beta. This game is boring to me so it doesn't matter if there's a wipe or not.
    Wiping is probably the best course of action atm imo. wipe and compensate the ppl that spend money, put up event that give double/tripple exp/Ad for a certain amount of time.
    For those who says they gonna quit if server wipe, they can suk on it. Lets be honest, this is a good game (boring to me for many reason) at the moment. there's nothing else better out there. Say quit all u want, ***** all u want but u know u gonna play again even if there's a wipe.
    It's more fun to see alot of ppl in the same field as u rather then seeing ppl selling items for millions of ad.

Let the flaming begin~~~. oh and i quit, well, i login time to time to pvp abit then log off. Nothing else to do once u get 60 and ur t2 set. its boringggggggggggggggg
  • genryu20genryu20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Wow could Epictrilogy be any more of a homophobe? I totally think its disrespectful how you talk so STFU. ^_^
    edited May 2013
    are you f u c king stupid? If they don't wipe then they have 3-4 back up accounts with unlimited gold, zen and AD.... I can't even begin to understand your logic on this... We call people like you Blue Falcons in the army... Buddy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ers

And in the Kwoons us martial artists who train you soldiers all the time call cannon fodder like you "Mook Jongs" because we literally see you as nothing more than a tool to develop our striking ability. We slap y'all around, and send you off to get shot by some Arab, because you're arrogant pricks who look down your noses at anyone who doesn't sign their life away to a recruiter fresh out of high school.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xombie2xombie2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The MMO commmunity is the worst community i have ever been in. This is my first MMO are all communities this whiney and pathetic? this game if fun dont play it if you dont like it.
  • lordmethodmanlordmethodman Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is what BETAs are for, to catch these kinds of bugs before going Live; and why YOU WIPE DATA AFTER BETA BEFORE GOING LIVE.

The second it was announced that Beta characters would carry over into Live and real money transactions started happening is when this "Open Beta" stopped being a beta test and started being a de-facto early launch of the game.

Very poor planning by the developers.