test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

exploiters

Comments

• talung34talung34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stolly76 wrote: »
    All of you who think exploiters aren't to blame..lol. Wow empty-minded people alot of them in this world. Classic moronic talk saying a developer is in fault. Thanks for the downtime cheaters. Wish these cheaters would be perma-banned instead of "getting out of jail free"

Its the same moronic premise of - I am swinging my arms like this and if you don't move out the way then you are to blame for getting hit.

Is this what people are taught today is normal?
  • screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    talung34 wrote: »
    Its the same moronic premise of - I am swinging my arms like this and if you don't move out the way then you are to blame for getting hit.

Is this what people are taught today is normal?

Gotta be oldschool and just pay someone else to do it. Silly kids.
  • bloodygatitabloodygatita Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    Your naive thinking that exploiting and showing others how to exploit is the only way it was getting fixed.

It may have been moved up the priority list sooner, but they have a lot on their plates.

I see where your argument is going. You think this isn't beta despite the fact it says beta. Despite the first open launch. Despite the fact that there is no game stability. For some reason you think because there is a cash shop this isn't a software in beta form. There is no possible way for me to point out how completely idiotic you are but I will take a stab at it.

Your probably one of those players that sees a cool idea on kickstarter. And you probably feel all good about yourself because you gave them 20 bucks for some kind of future deal. Then six months roll by and you're firing off emails to the developers wondering what the hell they are doing with your 20 bucks.

Despite there is a cash shop and a game economy this game is in beta. Cash shops need to be tested also. Beta is a term used for the state of the software. It's not a gimmick despite your shortcomings on observations. It is a beta because there are crashes, there are bugs, there is server instability. THAT IS WHY IT IS BETA

A cash shop does not automatically make a game go out of beta stage. Despite what your limited thinking believes. Once a game has become stable and the majority of bugs have been found it goes out of beta.

So go on believing the lie. I care not. Just know that I find you disgusting with the attitude that stealing is somehow helping.

I don't walk down the street looking for old ladies with purses to teach them a lesson. Maybe you do.

Insults won't change the fact that it's a soft release...

mbisinisterr

ambisinisterr is online now Community Moderator ambisinisterr's Avatar

The game is in open beta but since there will be no more wipes it is a "Soft Release."

The game is live and is treated as such, but the game has not officially launched and bugs and stress issues are expected.

Your argument of only being a beta has been destroyed by Cryptic...
  • mcleod71mcleod71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Oh cool, what does your expertise say about people who pay to have an advantage over others? AND, do they really think it is fun?

why is anyone who spends money on a game ridiculed by those that either cant afford it or don't want to spend their money must b hell living w that kind of jealousy must kill u everytime u c someone w a nicer car than or house etc
  • juravianjuravian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013

mbisinisterr

The game is in open beta but since there will be no more wipes it is a "Soft Release."

The game is live and is treated as such, but the game has not officially launched and bugs and stress issues are expected.

Wow, really?

Exploiters are NOT brought into beta to find exploit and make RL cash out of it.

It's in the EULA that they are to NOT exploit any bugs, but report them.

Exploiters and cheaters are simply low life scum, and are just a waste of space.
  • webcreature0webcreature0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    for the most part, i agree. what u said applies to everything except contra
    edited May 2013
    mcleod71 wrote: »
    why is anyone who spends money on a game ridiculed by those that either cant afford it or don't want to spend their money must b hell living w that kind of jealousy must kill u everytime u c someone w a nicer car than or house etc

Oh you... so cute with your sexy assumptions. I spent money on Path of Exile in closed beta, got a kiwi and not much else- NO advantage whatsoever. So I ask again, why do people pay for an actual advantage over others? Do you really find that fun?

"Exploiters" use tools provided by the game and devs to get an advantage, and people <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and moan.

People pay money, an external mechanism, to gain an advantage, and this is deemed fair?

What does our resident psychiatrist have to say?
  • juravianjuravian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    Oh you... so cute with your sexy assumptions. I spent money on Path of Exile in closed beta, got a kiwi and not much else- NO advantage whatsoever. So I ask again, why do people pay for an actual advantage over others? Do you really find that fun?

"Exploiters" use tools provided by the game and devs to get an advantage, and people <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and moan.

People pay money, an external mechanism, to gain an advantage, and this is deemed fair?

What does our resident psychiatrist have to say?

Yes, this is absolutely fair. The people who are paying are the ones supporting the game, and allowing for further developement of the game, as such, they deserve a reward for doing so.

Those who cheat or exploit are gaining the same advantage, and not contributing to anything more than their own selfishness.
  • majtrollxmajtrollx Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013

You're a hypocrite. Let's go back to what you said in the beginning.
    This makes me so sad that people are so low they don't care who they hurt or what they do as long as they get what they want. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should what has transpired here is nothing short of theft taking money away from the company. and people wonder why the whole worlds going to hell in a hand basket people are willing to do whatever they want because there is no real consequences.

Well, in the real world, this **** goes on a daily basis. Exploiters in real life are real as is it gets. Now if you could only understand that before whining about it, you'd understand.
  • bloodygatitabloodygatita Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    juravian wrote: »
    Wow, really?

Exploiters are NOT brought into beta to find exploit and make RL cash out of it.

It's in the EULA that they are to NOT exploit any bugs, but report them.

Exploiters and cheaters are simply low life scum, and are just a waste of space.

I agree. Exploiters an cheaters are low life scum.

In real betas it wouldn't matter.

But PWE choose to operate this non beta soft release in an unscrupulous manner.

Charging people for beta!!..Oh wait, its not a beta..but a soft release as the admen said.

The "open beta" fanboi BS excuse doesn't work, Cryptic said so..

"The game is in open beta but since there will be no more wipes it is a "Soft Release."

LOL..Open beta AND soft release!

laff!
    edited May 2013
    Yes, this is absolutely fair. The people who are paying are the ones supprting the game, and deserve a reward for doing so.

Thos who cheat or exploit are gaining the same advantage and not contributing to anything more than their own selfishness.

If this is so fair, then why is everyone saying the game is ruined because the "exploiters" control the economy, when before, the P2W'ers controlled? It's not "fair" at all. They deserve a reward, not an advantage.
  • mcleod71mcleod71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    because we live in a society full of spoiled children who r told they deserve stuff without having to work for it
  • breagandaerthbreagandaerth Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013

mbisinisterr

Actually you just defeated your argument. Allow me to simplify this for you. Beta is a term. They stated in your own quotes that it is open beta and also a soft launch. They also gave you a simplified term of what beta means. And also stated that the game has not been officially launched due to bugs and stress issues which is what beta is. Beta is a term that defines the state of the software.

How dare they call this beta with all the bugs and stress issues. Do you really believe they are trying to rip you off by openly telling you the state of the game. Then a few others get on saying that it really isn't beta because they are charging money?

But go on believing this isn't beta. Despite your own quote tells you otherwise. Be upset that you spent money on an incomplete game not a beta game. Then when it goes official tell everyone how you were right and when all those bugs and server instabilities were happening it was all just a scam.
    edited May 2013
    If this is so fair, then why is everyone saying the game is ruined because the "exploiters" control the economy, when before, the P2W'ers controlled? It's not "fair" at all. They deserve a reward, not an advantage.

People who paid for founders packs and Zen, never controlled the economy. They got some nice gear as rewards, but not enough to flood the AH with it. But they paid to get it, and are the ones supporting the games future.

I don't think the exploiters even ruined the economy, since there really is no economy, but the exploiters DID steal from Cryptic, and took the servers offline for the day because of it. They also gained items and gear that others had to earn or pay for.

No, there is nothing fair about exploiters and cheaters. They should be banned, and dropped from the human race, because they just prove that they have nothing good to contribute to the world.
    edited May 2013
    People who paid for founders packs and Zen, never controlled the eceonomy. They got some nice gear as rewards, but not enough to flood the AH with it. But they paid to get it, and are the ones supporting the games future.

I don't think the exploiters even ruined the economy, since there really is no economy, but the exploiters DID steal from Cryptic, and took the servers offline for the day because of it. They also gained items and gear that others had to earn or pay for.

No, there is nothing fair about exploiters and cheaters. They should be banned, and dropped from the human race, because they just prove that they have nothing good to contribute to the world.
    +1 to you
    /QFT
    edited May 2013
    Well, I only ran into one that was affected by the GF bug. He said he reported it and never heard anything back. WTF else are we supposed to do in a beta? Stop using it, but then you could test it further to see how it reacts differently in situations, but no, we're all too immature and obsessed with groupthink for that. People paying money to ensure they keep their perpetual advantage over the idiotic economy and stay ahead of the curve. I find it really hard to get mad about people using the game as they are given it and playing how they want to. External devices such as real life money or third party programs are more of an exploit imo.
    edited May 2013
    Well, I only ran into one that was affected by the GF bug. He said he reported it and never heard anything back. WTF else are we supposed to do in a beta? Stop using it, but then you could test it further to see how it reacts differently in situations, but no, we're all too immature and obsessed with groupthink for that. People paying money to ensure they keep their perpetual advantage over the idiotic economy and stay ahead of the curve. I find it really hard to get mad about people using the game as they are given it and playing how they want to. External devices such as real life money or third party programs are more of an exploit imo.

excuses excuses the bottom line is u know its wrong but don't care and again are so pathetic that someone having something in a virtual world u don't have makes you a sad panda
    edited May 2013
    excuses excuses the bottom line is u know its wrong but don't care and again are so pathetic that someone having something in a virtual world u don't have makes you a sad panda

I'm pathetic? *ehem* I'm not the one with the "Hero" tag pal. :P

I don't need to spend money to have an advantage. I believe in sports they call it a "handicap" or "mulligan".

Pathetic indeed. Yeah I sure am jelly... wear that puppy like a badge of shame.
    edited May 2013

I understand your opinion, but the FACT is that if it were not for the people paying for things, then the game would not exist.

The company cannot afford to publish new content, or even support the existing servers without some kind of money.

The exploiters were taking away the need for anyone to pay for anything, and this caused the servers to go offline.

I could care less if someone has more or better gear in this game than I do. I'm not here to show off my virtual world muscles. I'm here to play a game and have fun doing it.

Anyone who is jealous over what other people have, and choose to cheat to get the same, should not be playing a game like this anyway. They have too many confidence issue to deal with first.
  • pizzahorchatapizzahorchata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello.
    It is very easy to earn and get items in this game, excluding Drake Seals.
    Since the ZEN earned through this game cannot be transferred to other games in PWE, users of the AD exploit will not have much to do except to use the acquired ZEN and AD for items that shorten the timesink of perfecting character builds and professions (which can be later turned for greater profit of AD and ZEN).
    After that, then what?
    Nothing else, I think.
    edited May 2013

I don't need to spend money to have an advantage. I believe in sports they call it a "handicap" or "mulligan".

Pathetic indeed.

suddenly were pals?

interesting so you admit you were one of the exploiters and that you feel justified in your behavior because some ppl spent money to have certain items btw u have been reported as a sploiter have a nice ban
    edited May 2013

Pathetic indeed.

suddenly we're pals?

interesting so you admit you were one of the exploiters and that you feel justified in your behavior because some ppl spent money to have certain items btw u have been reported as a sploiter have a nice ban
  • tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's Crytics and PWIS fault. Not the sploiters.

They are doing their part in an beta. That's the point of a beta.

But the publisher choose to use a unscrupulous form of marketing.

Doing it once and reporting it is the right thing to do, doing it multiple times over and over and over and over ... well you get what i am saying
    edited May 2013
    suddenly we're pals?

I see that reading comprehension isn't your forte. Enjoy your ban for false accusations and slander.
  • majtrollxmajtrollx Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    People who paid for founders packs and Zen, never controlled the economy. They got some nice gear as rewards, but not enough to flood the AH with it. But they paid to get it, and are the ones supporting the games future.

You seriously need help dude. This is just a game, get over it.
  • malcanthettmalcanthett Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What exploiters do is necessary for the beta, not condoning what they did or their reasons for it. But large scale beta tests have a purpose and these things need to be found and patched and this is just one of the ways that it gets done.
    edited May 2013
    WTF else are we supposed to do in a beta? Stop using it, but then you could test it further to see how it reacts differently in situations, but no, we're all too immature and obsessed with groupthink for that.

apparently its not yours read what you typed you said we that includes yourself in the people who exploited
  • phonzobruphonzobru Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This makes me so sad that people are so low they don't care who they hurt or what they do as long as they get what they want. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should what has transpired here is nothing short of theft taking money away from the company. and people wonder why the whole worlds going to hell in a hand basket people are willing to do whatever they want because there is no real consequences.

Better get used to it, this is how the world is ran. Ask the Native Americans how they feel, the Vietnamese, the people of the Middle East and many others. Atleast these scum bags are toy scum bags playing games.
  • travail01travail01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    WTF else are we supposed to do in a beta? Stop using it, but then you could test it further to see how it reacts differently in situations, but no, we're all too immature and obsessed with groupthink for that.

apparently its not yours read what you typed you said we that includes yourself in the people who exploited

Yes, the players who exploited this bug to obtain tens of millions of AD, converted that AD to Zen, then sold that Zen to gold selling sites for cash money were doing it to "test" the game. You just keep telling yourself that.

-Travail.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
    edited May 2013
    majtrollx wrote: »
    You seriously need help dude. This is just a game, get over it.

What?

I think you need to read through the posts first, so you understand what the conversation is about.

It was not about the game so much as the concept of those who pay vs. those who exploit.