test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• archaicsealarchaicseal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ubiquinone wrote: »
    Whoa, this must have come as a surprise to Cryptic. /sarcasm off

Just spreading the word how stupid the Cryptic staff is. Repeating the same mistakes. http://i.imgur.com/oA6Z8.jpg

Think about this for a moment:

Stupid or planned?
  • trailturtleadmintrailturtleadmin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. If you use a little creative thinking and deductive reasoning, its possible servers where left up in order to observe the players and the AH to see who was clearlyt abusing. Makes the job of gathering data a lot easier when you watch the ppl in action while they think they are unobserved.... ya? That too complicated to understand?

Nope. As soon as we realized how bad it was, and that it needed to go down right away, we started acting. It was only up long enough for us to dig around and see what the issue was -- we had all the data we needed from other sources to track perpetrators.

Was there ever a decision on whether we would receive any tacos in compensation for this event?

I can neither confirm, nor deny, the possibilities of tacos.

sanmerci wrote: »
    Just sayin' because it's true: Trailturtle, you are a class act. Good on ya!

Heh, thanks man!

djdopeamin wrote: »
    This game IS NOT IN OPEN BETA, It even says on the main perfect world pagehttp://www.perfectworld.com/ where you select which game you want, it has an L next to neverwinter, which according to their key means live.

That's a known issue, unfortunately. We are in open beta, Neverwinter is not launched live.
  • djdopeamindjdopeamin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    selaral wrote: »
    2z6cny1.png

34282940.png
  • chaos134chaos134 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A wipe is not the answer. People will find ways to exploit the games regardless of a wipe or not. There ways to try and slow them down atleast. Asking for a wipe won't solve the issue at hand. I played a lot of mmo's in my time. I think let the Developer and publisher handle this and let them keep working. I have high hope for this game and the staff behind since there working to fix the issues as they come up. No mmo was perfect during beta's or full releases but what matters is the company is making the efforts to solve the issues however they can.
  • nicbec63nicbec63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    realxfire wrote: »
    Meh. Wipe, don't wipe. Roll back, don't roll back. Don't care.

I have to admit the only thing which truly irritates me is the loss of Sunday game time, and knowing I did not log in and hit Ctrl-I to reset my prayer buff counter.

Oh well. Much like the various ZOMG LIFE IS RUINED days on Vanguards beta posts and and and... life goes on. There's always a game to log in to or load while the drama drags on.

Same here except for some reason, I haven't played another game. Sitting here reading this thread and twitter feed is pretty entertaining! Totally agree with the wasted Sunday game time though. I haven't got an ESO invite yet and everything else is getting repetitive so I planned to spend the day in NW. This is almost as fun...
  • awdeohawdeoh Member Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    that statement only says they will not wipe characters "up to" live launch, it DOES NOT say they will not do so FOR live launch...keep trying though, your getting a little closer at least.

You're not one of the guys that still thinks Mitt Romney can win the 2012 election, are you?
  • astyanathastyanath Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    would really like to play.. this waiting all day to try to play is messed up. All i seen about what the devs are doing about the problem is making a decision about what to do about it. Plus they say game is going to be up in 2 hours, 6 hours ago. Come on already, when the Warframe dev team had server melt they stayed up all night to fix them. Not too mention they posted continual, almost hourly, updates about the progress they were making. This wait to make a decision is infuriating.. I was thinking about putting money down for this but if its the dev team cant take the job seriously, then what's the point.
  • vinzovinzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    falson1 wrote: »
    I tried to read this but all I could get was.. WAHHHH! WAHHHH! WAHHH!

exactly, and that fact that we don't really care.
  • papertrippapertrip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    that statement only says they will not wipe characters "up to" live launch, it DOES NOT say they will not do so FOR live launch...keep trying though, your getting a little closer at least.

Your troll-fu is not as strong as you think.
  • alchemydevilalchemydevil Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ubertaz wrote: »
    11556097049RqJf7.jpg

Bahahahahaha :D
  • laurathelightlaurathelight Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ROFL @ all the arguing on here. That is all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Leader of the Light Warriors, Come join us ;D
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sadly most won't see it that way but I couldn't agree more. They'll correct it, we'll be down a day and a year or so from now when the next "big thing" happens we'll chuckle about the time the AH crashed to exploits.

If it was just the AH we might not even be waiting to play right now. But the exploiters used the duped diamonds to buy up all the available Zen. That had to get peoples attention. You are right though. I can see people laughing about this. Or years for now using it as a reference for how long they played.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • djdopeamindjdopeamin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    34282940.png

this game is live
  • golargegolarge Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LoL that's not proof, that "note" you speak of does not specifically state that they will not wipe from beta to live, that would fall under a "reading to much into the statement" and a "naive assumption" on your part in my book.

I read it for what it says. No character wipes after April 25th. There's no "reading to much into the statement". That's exactly what it says.

How about http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?118181-Character-Wipes where it's verified by the Community Manager.

Or how about the tweet 16 minutes ago https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame that says "There won't be any character wipe before the live launch, so we have to act on things like this."
    Conscience is the voice in the back of your head that warns you somebody may be looking.
  • immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    amycia wrote: »
    Date Posted: Today at 3:07 PM #30

Also LOL, apparently the same exact thing happened in STO:

so they took the ah model from sto for NV and the ones who knew about this bug are doing it since launch, just wipe

Umm I have a life time STO account and was in the game long before it went F2P, there was no such problem at the launch of STO, I have several toons to Admiral before f2p
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
  • wileeecoyowileeecoyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On to Elder Scrolls!
  • nodic3nodic3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    A friend of mine knows this guy who has inside information with PWE.
    And he says the issue now is that most stakeholders want a full wipe since that's what the community supports.
    Supposedly there are some hold outs because they said no wipe on some forum posts - just trying to save face.
    But it looks like the full wipe is going to win.... still a delay for the minority trying to save face...

Pleeese not full wipe, at least let us keep our character levels. Grindign for another week is gonne be a deal-breaker :S
  • okitsunegaokitsunega Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    manduchess wrote: »
    They need to wipe the servers. Its the only way to fix this. They need to refund all ad to founders and all zen to purchasers. Then they need to do a full wipe. Only way to fix this. It isnt just 1 exploit we are talking about here people. There have been sooo many exploits already that have completely ruined the economy and the purpose of playing this game. They need to wipe to fix this.

Well, I pretty much agree with this. Of course it's never going to happen - they'd cut the population to half faster than you can say 'oops'. But it's probably pretty darn hard to track down the trail of illegit ADs if they have been circulated around and possibly converted to items.. and then circulated again. Very possibly through characters that may not even know that they were handling items that were somehow involved in this.

All I can say this is a pretty good example of a reason to NOT launch a game that's still in beta quality. It doesn't matter if you keep saying 'it's beta'. Stating 'there will be no further rollbacks', and enabling all the economy features, including the cash shop and AD conversion, means the game IS launched. 'Beta' is just a word, in practice it doesn't mean a thing if the game is treated as 'live'. What difference does it really make, if the proverbial <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> hits the fan?

Well, I hope they find some kind of semi-reasonable solution at least. I suppose it probably won't affect me much since I've never used AH, converted AD, never used cash shop, never bought zen, and never traded with another player.
  • solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    34282940.png

That does not mean <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. They are taking cash, the game is live. Deal with it.
  • crouton230crouton230 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Has no one been reading the Dev posts at all? No? I thought not. Of course you haven;t, because otherwise half these replies would not exist.

1) While I support a wipe, it will not happen. They stated openly and clearly there will be no wipe at all.

2) Polls are always badly manipulated. Most of the "answers" are folks on alt accounts adding to their own opinion. This is always only done by the starters of such polls and their supporters. Non-supporters usually don;t care and move on, because it doesn;t support their cause.

Either way . . . no wipe, as clearly announced. As for what they are indeed doing, we shall find out soon.

Disclaimer: Soon is Tradmarked by Blizzard Entertainment, and any use of the word in my post is in no way intended of copyright infringement. I do not in any way represent Blizzard Entertainment or any of it's subsidiaries. My use of the word "Soon" was not used for profit or commercial purpose.

Holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>! I love your specs! LOL!
  • edowadoedowado Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Reply to ALL THE THINGS?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nautilus209nautilus209 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Servers are up!!!
  • soth007soth007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd be fine with a wipe. Imagine all those gold seller who bought the millions of duped diamonds losing everything lolz
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Deleted - one can not get through to folks who can;t even keep their computer clean and then post screenshots with their crazy cluttered browser LOL
  • galekinegalekine Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We have a plan of action. We're verifying the exact timeline with the Neverwinter team, then we'll be triple-checking the planned forum post with all key stakeholders before posting. We're not finished yet, folks, but we're getting closer.

sounds like they are going to do something some are not going to like . "triple checking the planned forum post" why would they need to plan a forum post?

/waits with popcorn to watch for forum post cause this is going to be goooooood
  • tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Twitter FEED = 3 days to fix the problem... game over....
  • psol1aspsol1as Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    see??? so many want to wipe...wipe wipe wipe...well i hope NOOO WIPE....there are so many other ways to fix this and they sure know a lot...they run a hole game you think they dont??? also about wipe i will say again that most that want wipe, want so they can be at the same level (not character level) with the ones that tried sooo hard to lvl up and build up...i am one of those and i hope there is no wipe....and if they want things to be fair for all, i dont think they will wipe it...
  • selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SNIP
    That's a known issue, unfortunately. We are in open beta, Neverwinter is not launched live.
    <3

10chars

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • auralucari0auralucari0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    AS so manu of you have forgotten to take into affect is this. Just cause someone hasn't put money on game doesn't mean they don't have cash shop stuff or zen! . There the simple thing called ad exchanged for zen. So before all you people that paid real money towards game and say its ok to wipe all accounts or roll back account. Try looking at bigger picture there is others like my self that has used my ad to buy zen to get cash shop items and it would be unfair to us to roll back or wipe . Is why pw wouldn't do a wipe or a big rollback.

So maybe before you open mouth and insert foot you might look at whole picture wipe is out of question cause it would take them more time and cost pw more to try to go and hunt down data for the player that did used there ad for zen exchange.

But you didnt buy the Zen with real money, so technically PW still doesnt owe you anything. You are simply using ingame currency to get cash items. Im not saying I agree with the wipe but meh it is what it is. Too bad so sad, just start over again and get the AD.
  • ctdummy80ctdummy80 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    compensation for what? You didnt buy a founder pack....and you played for free...what would they owe you?

A little secret for ya... I didn't buy the founder pack and I didn't play for free... it's called purchasing zen. Think twice before you speak. Many of the people complaining spent much more than you did on the founder's pack. I for one looked over the founder's pack and thought it had nothing I wanted even if it was a discounted price in terms of the individual purchase prices it wasn't for me. Many others felt the same way. That being said you are right that many people who have no real reason to complain are making a big fuss over nothing.