test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• papertrippapertrip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GLAD I WENT BACK TO GW2 ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO. This game has been a constant let-down/screw-up.

Yes because there were never, nor will there ever be, any exploits in GW2. Flawless launch too.
  • solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Because unless they make the post so clear that a lobotomized Gerbil can understand it the masses will twist the meaning into something entirely different and find a whole new reason to rage.

Who am I kidding they will find a way anyhow. :rolleyes:

They need to be very careful with what they post because disgruntled people will nail it to their foreheads if they deviate a single word from it.
  • jackel4everjackel4ever Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mistatos wrote: »
    I am Mistato! And I see a whole community of my D&D players, here in defiance of exploiters. You've come to fight as F2P players... and F2P players you are. What will you do with that freedom? Will you play?

-Play? Against that? No! We will run. And we will live.

Aye, play and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell the exploiters that they may take our diamonds, but they'll never take... OUR GAMING!

+1 .... Awesome work
  • golargegolarge Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    . To those who say they have repeatedly stated as such, show me proof, show me links to these fabled posts. If you have such proof I will happily eat crow on the above statement.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=849741

Pay particular attention to the quote "Note: There will be no character wipes after April 25th."
    Conscience is the voice in the back of your head that warns you somebody may be looking.
  • ubertazubertaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hoping for some compensation for all this downtime......

11556097049RqJf7.jpg
  • baountbaount Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mmosoul wrote: »
    "Soft Launch", Open Beta(but no wipe:confused:).... What is all the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> coming out of people's mouths these days? They are doing this because they lack the funds to develop a game properly before it's released and they know a lot of people won't play(pay) if there is going to be a wipe. Beta testing ALWAYS has a wipe at the end because you know the data will be trash at the end of it. And there is ALWAYS a few days down time between testing and live to put in any last minute bug fixes and adjustments to the economy. If there is no wipe then the game is LIVE, you can call it Dead if you want but the fact remains.

... Ehm .. no sir , the game is out and going , no wipes will be on what you call " LIVE " since the game is very much live .. /DubbleHandedFacepalm
  • trident5trident5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had just finished downloading and patching was looking forward to trying things out after seeing some vids on youtube. Then i read all this nonsense about cheating. For me cheating is a big issue in an mmo if your playing a game alone and like to use trainers and such, have at it your not affecting anyone else. But when your playing an mmo your actions affect everyone else 99.9% of time for the worse. Once a cheater always a cheater they well be looking for the next exploit to screw everyone else over. I hope they ban them, that well say to be me "we care about our customers". If not it says "we care about our money only kiss our behinds".

Im someone who doesnt mind spending some money in the cash shop, for more char slots, extra bag space, cool looks. Its honest players that well keep the game going not cheating bozos.
  • tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Twitter post indicates that plan will be up tonight, but servers won't be online until tomorrow at best.
  • bulvynebulvyne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    archiewind wrote: »
    LoL, next thing the IRS will be targeting Zen exchange market! :)

As an employee of the IRS, I wish to thank you for your suggestion, archiewind! I will pass this suggestion to my superiors! :P

I hope Cryptic considers an economy wipe ONLY. I don't see how this affects leveling/xp and he time people have spent doing that.
  • rakemurakemu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    atragorn wrote: »
    he was posting every hour roughly which makes him about due now for another update.
    This is bs though, you guys do realize the economy is fried. I am all for a wipe

As far as the wipe goes idrc. I only got my character to lvl 18 to try out the Foundry and see if people would like my ideas for quests/stories. I know it's not much to most people but I like the aspect of creating and sharing content to everyone and to make it optional. just my 2 cents on it.
  • bridgemongerbridgemonger Member Posts: 194 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    crash and burn. With each bumble, the latest being epic, just further proof. Just really, really, really bad. head_up_***.jpg

This game is built on real world currency and should have the currency treated as such. I would think failures of this proportions would cost people to loose their jobs - at banks, for giving away free money.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
  • officerpantherofficerpanther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    ubertaz wrote: »
    11556097049RqJf7.jpg

Now THAT made me LOL
  • eggylisk99eggylisk99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just love it when people start screaming..."they are not going to wipe from beta to live". this is a Naive assumption at worst. and an unrealistic expectation at best. To those who say they have repeatedly stated as such, show me proof, show me links to these fabled posts. If you have such proof I will happily eat crow on the above statement.

They have said they will not wipe servers in this particular exploit instance yes, but do not try to turn that into them not wiping after beta. that's simply an unrealistic expectation. I have yet to play in a beta test where the servers were not wiped before the game transferred to live servers, and trust me when I say I have played in A LOT of MMO beta's. Not one of which ever allowed beta characters on live servers.

Well, time to eat them crows:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?117801-Neverwinter-Open-Beta-begins-April-30-2013!
  • bowmankcmobowmankcmo Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a) of course it is in beta
    b) there's nothing legal or illegal about having a cash shop in beta, in fact, it has become quite popular
    c) it's your choice whether to support with $ during beta, so there's nothing inherently devious or corrupt about the practice - even if they closed up shop after making their cash - your choice to support - and this isn't an indie developer which relies on your support to put a game out - this is a business model decision
  • unabletodisplayunabletodisplay Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To me, beta means we should expect bugs ... though this is quite unexpected ... hey, PWE, you guys need a QA guy ... I mean really, seems your QA should be expected to to try to break the AH .... anyway, get it fixed, do what needs to be done, get the servers serving ... not the worst FUBAR ... PSN was down for weeks one time ... ('course now I have a X-Box).
  • bridgemongerbridgemonger Member Posts: 194 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    crash and burn. With each bumble, the latest being epic, just further proof. Just really, really, really bad. head_up_***.jpg

This game is built on real world currency and should have the currency treated as such. I would think failures of this proportions would cost people to loose their jobs - at banks, for giving away free money.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
  • djdopeamindjdopeamin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this game IS NOT IN OPEN BETA
  • gangersongangerson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anyone know how much we will wait?
  • psol1aspsol1as Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i think that most of the people that want the server to be wiped, dont really care about the economy, they think of it as a way to start again from zero so they wont be ''far away'' from the ones that pushed their self so much to reach their achivements...i really want things to clear up and i hope there is no wipe to the server.....also because many will say that i am bored of leveling--yes i am a bit bored to melt my *** on the chair for so many hours again just because there are so many stupid mfkers out there that want to have a lot of money from the game i have a lot of fun....
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    Twitter post indicates that plan will be up tonight, but servers won't be online until tomorrow at best.

Twitter post indicates that the servers won't be up in the next half hour, doesn't specify beyond that.
  • mysticerismysticeris Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    leyent wrote: »
    To all of you who are against the whole idea of wiping...
    Those of us who want to wipe actually care about the future of this game, and want to be able to enjoy it.
    If you think that the devs not wiping it is something you should appreciate, or be happy about - then you're a damned fool.
    If they wiped the game, it would prove that they're willing to take responsibility for the breach in their design and deserve the loyalty of the players.
    But they won't.
    They won't wipe because they do not give a ****. If they wipe they have to refund all the money. At that point, the people who paid for things in the game, such as the founder's pack or Zen for whatever, will have the option of buying it again or not. After this kind of situation I think we can agree that a lot of people wouldn't go and put another cent into the game. Not all, but still a lot lost.
    On the other hand, if they do not wipe... Then they have all of us who put the money by our ballsacks. If we really want to get the use from the money we spent, then we have no choice but to stay and keep playing the game no matter how ridiculously trashed the economy becomes.
    So, as you can see - their powerful and reassuring statements of "No wipes for sure!" is the equivalent of them saying "No refunds, *****es!"

Just wanted to say. Especially after someone saying that the wipe is somehow going to damage the game?

If they can resolve the problems without doing a wipe, this will fare better for them in the long run because doing a wipe on the live game (when they are out of Beta) will be incredibly hurtful and detrimental to the game, the players and the longevity of Neverwinter Online. There are more than one or two perspectives that need to be considered when talking about possible solutions to problems in a game. Rather than taking an extreme look at something, you could provide a less dramatic opinion and still get your point across.

Cryptic and Perfect World have been making games for a long time, to say this isn't the first rodeo would be an understatement. Keeping the integrity of the live service is always the first priority, doing any type of server wipes and rollbacks always degrades that integrity though, no matter how you spin it. It's better for them to spend this much time figuring out how to solve the problems during beta so that if something like this were to happen again post ship, they will know how to respond and the player impact can be lessened, if not entirely mitigated.
    Neverwinter | Themis@mysticeris | Mindflayer
  • delishusfudzdelishusfudz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tsiskwa wrote: »
    What I don't understand is why anyone would do this. I am aware that hackers and exploiters are bottom feeding slugs but, what can they hope to gain from trying to get ahead in a beta where all of their criminal activity will be wiped once the game goes live? What's the sense in hoarding up AD or anything when all of it will be lost at game launch? Just the anarchy and bragging rights of it?

I will just never understand the twisted and evil minds of hackers and that part of society who try to cheat through life. That isn't living. That's pathetic.

There will be no wipe. This has been stated multiple times.
  • cliffwalkercliffwalker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get it that the exploiters did this, but it really irks me that honest players HAVE to pay the price for things like this. I've read a lot of posts today, and most are saying that a rollback and/or wipe will not occur. I really don't even care if they wipe at this point, so long as I get my Zen back. After all, it's only taken me what... 2 weeks... to make lvl 35? Of course that's playing honestly and only getting an hour here, and 2 hours there...
    Eat your dessert first, for life is uncertain.
  • coldark79coldark79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @NeverwinterGame Hi, I'd like to ask you guys a question. Why are you banning people from exploiting in a beta? I mean, it is a beta...
    Abrir Responder Retwittear Favorito M

Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 4min
    There won't be any character wipe before the live launch, so we have to act on things like this.
  • ctdummy80ctdummy80 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    rogar124 wrote: »
    I see the " FANBOYS " are out in full force PW must pay them to do damage control.

only thing that will save the game is a total wipe

come on its in beta

and they should not be charging for products during a beta

call the game what it is broken full of bugs and gliches.

they keep saying 2 more hours

don't say 2 more hours just say down till we fix it.

also they wont fix the rubber banding and constant dcing

if someone wants to complain let them otherwise <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off
    LOL, I've not had one issue with connectivity with them... maybe you should address your freeloading issues and get your own dedicated internet service so people don't bottleneck your internet.
  • solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Because unless they make the post so clear that a lobotomized Gerbil can understand it the masses will twist the meaning into something entirely different and find a whole new reason to rage.

Who am I kidding they will find a way anyhow. :rolleyes:

They need to be very careful with what they post because disgruntled people will nail it to their foreheads if they deviate a single word from it.
  • aeonaheartaeonaheart Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    mmosoul wrote: »
    "Soft Launch", Open Beta(but no wipe:confused:).... What is all the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> coming out of people's mouths these days? They are doing this because they lack the funds to develop a game properly before it's released and they know a lot of people won't play(pay) if there is going to be a wipe. Beta testing ALWAYS has a wipe at the end because you know the data will be trash at the end of it. And there is ALWAYS a few days down time between testing and live to put in any last minute bug fixes and adjustments to the economy. If there is no wipe then the game is LIVE, you can call it Dead if you want but the fact remains.

thank you! The big clue is that they sell zen in closed beta then "return" it after the wipe. They run out of development funding so they are essentially bumming money off beta testers at 0% interest. The cherry on top is when they announce "open beta" but they are marketing founder packs for $200! and still calling it beta so their zombie fans will rant at you when you call foul that you've been ripped off. They even found a way to make a virtual army of defenders so they don't have to personally tell you to screw off and stop crying about the way they've cheated you. LOL They let other players do it for them.
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The longer it takes, the more they discover how bad this problem really is. If they dont do a full wipe, then we will never trust each others build etc etc. Might as well do it now and do a closed beta again to work out the exploits. For those of us who bought Zen, just hold it for us when game is ready.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • awdeohawdeoh Member Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    I just love it when people start screaming..."they are not going to wipe from beta to live". this is a Naive assumption at worst. and an unrealistic expectation at best. To those who say they have repeatedly stated as such, show me proof, show me links to these fabled posts. If you have such proof I will happily eat crow on the above statement.

They have said they will not wipe servers in this particular exploit instance yes, but do not try to turn that into them not wiping after beta. that's simply an unrealistic expectation. I have yet to play in a beta test where the servers were not wiped before the game transferred to live servers, and trust me when I say I have played in A LOT of MMO beta's. Not one of which ever allowed beta characters on live servers.

From NW's twitter account:

Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 2m
    @Jebus_125 There won't be any character wipe before the live launch, so we have to act on things like this.
  • ubertazubertaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gangerson wrote: »
    anyone know how much we will wait?

Get on their Twitter feed - it won't be anytime soon....