What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    qwejiboqwejibo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> disabled veteran software-gaming architect founder - I find this all very amusing. Besides, it's CLEARLY QA's fault.
  • Options
    cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Going by latest facebook message they are going to do a rollback and just have to figure out the timeline.
    Going to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> a lot of players off, loosing all the legit stuff they will loose in the rollback.
  • Options
    defective14defective14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    txhawk wrote: »
    I'm starting to think that the only option is an economy wipe. Not characters - just the economy.

Here's how I'm imagining this would work:

1) Wipe all AD from all accounts. (Founders starting AD would be reset).

2) Wipe all Zen from all accounts.

3) Refund back to PWE accounts all Zen bought with real money and transferred in Neverwinter. (eg, if you'd bought and transferred 15000 Zen into Neverwinter, you'd get 15000 Zen credited back to your PWE account. If you'd bought another 100000 Zen in game from the AD exchange, that is gone.)

4) Delete from all characters all items that are only purchasable with AD or Zen, including items that only drop from lockboxes like the Phoera.

5) Here's the hard part: The items sold on AH. I think they need to rollback all AH sales from the last 72 hours. Trouble is, I have no idea if they can actually do this short of a server-wide rollback. If they do do this rollback, Then I believe it would be wise for them to offer some form of compensation to reduce ragequits. I'd personally prefer this to not be anything that would impact the economy or game balance.

If they do all this, then it seems to me that the damage to the ongoing economy would be mostly undone, without the need to wipe characters.

Then again, I have no knowledge of whether all of this is actually possible with the way the game is designed.

While the thought process is appreciated, I don't think you know how exactly working a MMO or video game system works.

I get it: you're enthusiastic and trying to help, but the problem is when there's a whole portion of the community giving blind suggestions out and have NO idea what they're talking about then it leads to nothing productive but a bunch of hot steam.

It's best to just let the development team and the people responsible for handling this matter do their job and standby for the results. You nor anyone else (including me) is adding anything of value by saying "do this! no do this! maybe do that! this will definitely work! yeah, yeah!"

I want the game back up, too; however, I trust the Dev team enough to do their job and not give them suggestions when I don't know the first thing about tackling this issue in a real situation. Just sit back and relax.
  • Options
    mdgnolemdgnole Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Those who spent money in a an open beta testing is simply foolish to begin with. Never would I spend my hard earned cash on anything in a beta testing. Tisk Tisk.

Agree! This is beta...people want to treat it like it's not, but it is beta clear as day. A complete wipe and reset would not be unrealistic or out of bounds.
  • Options
    latria1958latria1958 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm just hoping the Action Plan comes out soon. I've been following this since the first post on it this morning. Gotta work in the morning and it's getting close to zonk time for me
  • Options
    beaverwarrior1beaverwarrior1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    I was away for a week, but got to 60 and like 10 mil AD and 3000 zen stuff and epics all legit - and a cat too.
    Right now I'm worried cuz I can't login to check my account.
    But I hope no one hacked my account and did stuff when I was gone.
    If so, I hope they realize that most of the stuff I got legit - and I get to keep it after the 72 hour ban.
    Otherwise it's not very fair.

Spoken like a guilty person! BAN HIM!
  • Options
    humanfacadehumanfacade Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Originally Posted by dezstravus
    Update 6:35 PM Pacific: We have a plan of action. We're verifying the exact timeline with the Neverwinter team, then we'll be triple-checking the planned forum post with all key stakeholders before posting. We're not finished yet, folks, but we're getting closer.

(( Hold on to your panties kids, Servers will be up tonight at some point, have a little faith in your Development team. ))
  • Options
    clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Update 6:35 PM Pacific: We have a plan of action. We're verifying the exact timeline with the Neverwinter team, then we'll be triple-checking the planned forum post with all key stakeholders before posting. We're not finished yet, folks, but we're getting closer."
  • Options
    ctrlaltgeekctrlaltgeek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    steelpulse wrote: »
    I seriously hope they decide not to do a wipe.
    But if they do, please refund all zen to paying customers.
    The company won't lose any $.
    Zen can only spent in game & not at strip clubs or on prostitutes. :(

Obviously you never been to the RP bar in the conclave!
  • Options
    mcmetal1mcmetal1 Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    It sounds like there will be a rollback since they mention timeline. That is as good as a wipe for me since all my progress was over the last couple of days. I'll take is that they don't want me playing anymore and I will have no confidence that they won't rollback again.
  • Options
    shadomenshadomen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for your efforts Dezstravus!

One suggestion: Consider setting up an official Google + account as well as another means to share Neverwinter information ...
  • Options
    bpenn10bpenn10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it sucks my only playable day is a sunday and its down all day! thanks dicks who like to cheat
  • Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Keep up the great work guys! As long as you don't get rid of dwarves I'll still be here. I do wish you would get the game back up. I seem to be dodging a lot when I play my cleric and that is less time for me to drink.... so you can imagine my intake right now :)

ahhh just keep it down I feeling really well!
  • Options
    archiewindarchiewind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would prefer a wipe over a roll back..... Rollbacks are a band aid on a bigger issue, a wipe is a fix
  • Options
    solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All I care is next time Exploiters, do your craft during the week! Takes me days to organize a good chunk of time away from the family to play. Good job PW, not blaming you
  • Options
    chadblodgettchadblodgett Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    Holy carp can you not read? Using duped AD is not the same as duping AD. Is taking a **** the same as being ****? In your case yea, probably.

You are both missing the point entirely. he may not have duped the AD himself, but he knowingly posted severely overpriced items on the AH with the expectation of the items being purchased with the duped AD. thus "cashing in" on the exploit intentionally. Therefor this person and anyone else who did the same should be held to the same accountability as the people duping the AD. They knowingly took advantage of the exploit in the AH, though with different methods.
  • Options
    entalyanentalyan Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    qwejibo wrote: »
    As a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> disabled veteran software-gaming architect founder - I find this all very amusing. Besides, it's CLEARLY QA's fault.

Nuh-uh! It's clearly the designers faults for not writing proper specs!
  • Options
    psol1aspsol1as Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i think they will find a way to fix this and also be fair to every one....to the ones that did that for sure i hope ban ip...but i dont think wipe is the solution...so many hours spent for so many people and so many zen from others...i am a free player and i wouldnt like to have it wiped...imagine paying and everything you paid for goes of the cliff....wipe is not the solution...hope they fix it fast and nice......ty for working on it guys
  • Options
    xdprophetxdprophet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ahhh yes, the magic IT professional emerges. At least one in every downtime thread, hoo-rah.

As for your Java comment, it'd require actual proof of your name and contribution than "I did it here you can check"

We have to do something when there is downtime. If I write we software and contribute it, by law, must contain my unmodified source code header and my licensing agreement. Easily validated. I just havent checked to see if Sun/Oracle still releases the Java hSDK source code. Minded, I had to open support cases with Microsoft because of their closed source model for Internet Explorer. Justice department forced Microsucks to disclose the source for IE. That would have saved me a month or so of work but oh well.
  • Options
    inkmaster013inkmaster013 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    on a posotive note, during the downtime I made home made guacamole, and am now sitting here eating home made guacamole and chips reading these posts and having a great laugh.
  • Options
    captainlangercaptainlanger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    will we be getting an update once you have triple checked it and are ready to post it and then post it with an update about the update coming later after the update. what biscuits have you got in this meeting ?
  • Options
    sirhitmansirhitman Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'm against a full wipe.
    and a post in the forum was mentioning entering a negative bid in the AH to gain AD?

was it really as simple as that?

The creators of the game have even said there will be now wipe, rollback maybe but wipe. And if there would be a wipe i think alot of people (at-least me) would stop playing. Rollback on specific accounts would be the best but probably major work, so a global rollback is probably more realistic.

Yes you could create a -amount in the gateway... auction house and you would instantly receive the amount of diamonds ingame. The game client had - disabled but the browser auction house have not, this accompanied with flawed logics made this possible.

Support for the game seems lacking and ticket system for your report seems to not work (i got a ticket number on screen but no ticket seems to be created). This downtime is unnecessary and avoidable if people would just think before they exploit in such extent, as it is a Beta we are supposed to report the bugs to the creators not expose them to everyone so it will be used.
  • Options
    saintnewagesaintnewage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for keeping us all up to date!
  • Options
    rhiandrielrhiandriel Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    awdeoh wrote: »
    You agree with Rhiandriel defending her son by misspelling "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" three times in a row? Congrats for not spotting a troll.

Original post has been edited, so now you can both go back to enjoying the engrossing, intelligent and ordered conversation that you've been trawling through 150+ pages of.

And read my reply, just because I mispelled a word, albeit three times, (yes I'm poor at spelling, yes I'm slightly dislexic so what!?) does not make me a troll

ROFL I will always defend my son, my son does not need people like you bringing him down.

And for the person that called me a bad parent, I'd like to see you bring up an autistic child and laugh at pictures of special needs children being called "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>"

There I spelt the word right now, are you happy? Geez....
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As much as I think a wipe is most logical here as well, unfortunately, folks, they have stated it will not happen. So voting for a wipe is futile. It looks like we shall just have to see what fix they have in their official announcements and hope we are back in and playing soon.
  • Options
    suchenmaussuchenmaus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Staff,

I have no knowledge of this exploit, I only get my Astral Diamonds by in-game playing.

Thank you for keeping us, players of whats going on. I do appreciate this notice.

suchenmaus
  • Options
    kilirmkilirm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    whole Shard rollback would be the ultimate shame and fail.
  • Options
    rhiandrielrhiandriel Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    awdeoh wrote: »
    You agree with Rhiandriel defending her son by misspelling "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" three times in a row? Congrats for not spotting a troll.

Original post has been edited, so now you can both go back to enjoying the engrossing, intelligent and ordered conversation that you've been trawling through 150+ pages of.

And read my reply, just because I mispelled a word, albeit three times, (yes I'm poor at spelling, yes I'm slightly dislexic so what!?) does not make me a troll

ROFL I will always defend my son, my son does not need people like you bringing him down.

And for the person that called me a bad parent, I'd like to see you bring up an autistic child and laugh at pictures of special needs children being called "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>"

There I spelt the word right now, are you happy? Geez....
  • Options
    einric99einric99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WIPE WIPE WIPE, refund my ZEN not my cash.
    Everybody in the OB has a few weeks tied up into this game.
    A GOOD game is worth playing for a few months, a GREAT game is worth playing for years.
    Sac the few weeks and move on, what's a few weeks to a game that has the potential to be GREAT.