Install Arc

If theres no wipe, I'm done.

Comments

• gamzecikgamzecik Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What makes an MMO ?
    Graphics, classes, races ?
    Why is it called Mass Multiplayer ?
    The community is the major factor of an MMO. Not the code behind it.

This community proves to be worth playing with by voting 70% for wipes.
    If you are against it you are the minority.

Trust is a better currency then AD, Zen, or time spend.
    If they dont wipe against the communities will they spend all the trust.
    And prove not worthy of my time or money even if they develop the best game ever .

Flame me as much as you like it wont change the **** truth that you are one of the 30% minority that i dont give a ****.
  • clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    worzabonk wrote: »
    Sorry guys, I mean, it's been a fun ride, it really has. You have a gem of a game here, and myself and my wife both really enjoy playing.

But the exploits over the past few weeks...lets face it, the AD AH exploit is just the tip of the iceberg. We've had so many exploits in the last month, those of us who don't cheat, who refuse to cheat, who avoid cheaters, cheating and exploits like the spellplague, we're at a disadvantage.

We leveled via questing. We didn't farm ogres in cages to fly to 60 in a few hours.

We didn't abuse the AH to make enormous amounts of AD, which we then palmed off to mule accounts and/or sold it for real world profit.

We BOUGHT zen, and supported your company.

We didn't farm t1-2 dungeons via exploits for insane gold and items.

We played the game legitimately. And we lost. The economy is totally broken, overvalued, and those of us lowly non cheaters are, for the most part, priced out of the market totally.

And you've just confirmed via twitter you will not be wiping, not resetting the very obviously broken servers, not putting us all on a level playing field. And 72 hour bans for exploiters? Yeah, I'll pass. All that says is 'please, exploit all you like, you'll make a few thousand bucks in profit, destabilize the market, ruin it for everyone else, but hey that's cool, see you in a few days'.

So Cryptic, PWI, it's been fun, it really has. I've enjoyed your games, NW, and STO. I enjoyed my Neverember guard, and my numerous starships from your Zen store. But this is it for me. I'm not going to sit back, and watch the exploiters, and those who benefitted from those exploits power ahead and leave me, us, in the dust.

This is not rage. Just...sadness. It's been a fun ride.

Stay Hoopy.

I can not say I will walk directly out . However if the economy does not make a resounding bounce back to reality I will without a doubt be leaving to never play a game related to either cryptic or pwe again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • qualexiousqualexious Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    So what you're suggesting is... To not ban exploiters because they MIGHT spend money on the game? Sorry, any respectable developer would have banned exploiters 15 years ago when it was the gaming utopia you describe.

First off, I'm not "suggesting" anything. I was making a point. If option (A) causes a loss of x amount of dollars and option (B) causes a profit of y amount of dollars, then ..... why am I even explaining this.
  • eroliveerolive Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pretty simple, dont mess anything with existing accounts, i am 100% legit, and invested some money on it, i dont want a rollback or wipe, but, a permaban to all those who exploited the game.

If i loose a single point of experience because a cryptic flaw, or a copper piece, or 1 AD, i want, AT LEAST, my money back, because the time invested i cant get.
  • schidooshschidoosh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Um... if the AD value has tanked that means things get more expensive, not cheaper. That's the problem. Anyone that didn't dupe or obtain duped AD will no longer be able to afford anything on the AH.

There are too many naive posters such as you thinking it doesn't affect you. This affects quite literally EVERYONE playing the game right now, and will particularly impact any new players as they will be entering a hyper-inflated economy whilst they're still limited to their 24k AD a day...

And how long do you think a disorganized group of people trying to maintain a hyper-inflated economy will last?

1) When only a small percentage of people can afford anything on the AH that means nobody will buy anything on the AH.
    2) If nobody buys anything, the people posting auctions won't earn anything.
    3) If they don't earn anything, they lower the prices.
    4) Go to (1)

This isn't even including all the morons who understand nothing of how AH's work and will just continuously undercut each other until it's 1 AD over its vendoring price.

Repeat until the prices are affordable for the majority of players, again. This will take time, but in the short-run, what are you losing out on? Buying gear from the AH, go run some dungeons and earn it.

Thanks for educating me though, wish I wasn't so naive.
    [Click on the quest for additional information]
    (Q) Stronghold by the Sea
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gamzecik wrote: »
    What makes an MMO ?
    Graphics, classes, races ?
    Why is it called Mass Multiplayer ?
    The community is the major factor of an MMO. Not the code behind it.

Trust is a better currency then AD, Zen, or time spend.
    If they dont wipe against the communities will they spend all the trust.
    And prove not worthy of my time or money even if they develop the best game ever .

Flame me as much as you like it wont change the **** truth that you are one of the 30% minority that i dont give a ****.

Well, I guess you're in for some major disappointment: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?262972-Astral-Diamond-Exchange-and-Gateway-Offline They have no intention of wiping at this time. I don't have to flame you to disagree with you, or the "majority". I don't have to make baseless accusations either. I disagree with you.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bleh0910 wrote: »
    Wipe or new server or I quit too and I want my $60 back.

There will be no wipe. How many times does it have to be said? If you want a refund contact customer support.
  • rubberduckie3rubberduckie3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    erolive wrote: »
    Pretty simple, dont mess anything with existing accounts, i am 100% legit, and invested some money on it, i dont want a rollback or wipe, but, a permaban to all those who exploited the game.

If i loose a single point of experience because a cryptic flaw, or a copper piece, or 1 AD, i want, AT LEAST, my money back, because the time invested i cant get.

sure you can perma ban everyone that did it but most of the people that were doing it have multiple mule toons where it wouldnt make a diffrence if you banned them and there not going to find all the mules
    edited May 2013
    <deleted since forum posted my message tiwce>
  • dunsiedunsie Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The calls for wipes make me laugh honestly. And, here's why...

The game is 100% soloable. You don't need anybody to beat this game. I hesitate to even call this a MMORPG because it is so solo. All the people running around me in the game are nothing more than a minor annoyance. I don't need their auctions... I don't need their gear... I don't need their gems.... I don't need their gold. I don't need them... IN THIS GAME.

So, do I care that some people cheated? Nope.
    Do I care that some people are bored because they have nothing to do now? Nope.

I couldn't give a rats butt about anybody else in this solo game. I just play along at my own speed, make my own dungeons for fun, and enjoy the game.

If you want to play a MMORPG where community matters, go play Everquest 1 and 2. If you want a nice SoloRPG experience, play Neverwinter.

Now put the servers back up already, so I can continue my solo game.
  • clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    6-10 hrs would be an insult to any intelligent person. The exploit has been in use from day 1. No amount of half assed rollback will cover it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • gamzecikgamzecik Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I guess you're in for some major disappointment: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?262972-Astral-Diamond-Exchange-and-Gateway-Offline They have no intention of wiping at this time. I don't have to flame you to disagree with you, or the "majority". I don't have to make baseless accusations either. I disagree with you.

Why would i be disappointed ?
    Is this the only game available i ll move on and spend my money on more deserving titles.
    I will even be happy to notice the developers intentions and communities quality before spending more time or money at an early stage.
    It is a win-win.
  • davan9kdavan9k Member Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    There will be no wipe. How many times does it have to be said? If you want a refund contact customer support.

OR refund by your bank. OR do twice. if you just contact customer support its a waste of time.
    but you CAN refund !
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - never(exploitfree)winter
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • dunsiedunsie Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why would i be disappointed ?
    Is this the only game available i ll move on and spend my money on more deserving titles.
    I will even be happy to notice the developers intentions and communities quality before spending more time or money at an early stage.
    It is a win-win.

There is over 200 MMORPGs listed on mmorpg.com. Stop making idle threats of leaving, and actually leave already. It's easy. Go to their website, pick one, go there. End of story.

Now, can we get back to playing Neverwinter for those of us that actually WANT to play.
  • rubberduckie3rubberduckie3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    dunsie wrote: »

The game is 100% soloable. You don't need anybody to beat this game. I hesitate to even call this a MMORPG because it is so solo. All the people running around me in the game are nothing more than a minor annoyance. I don't need their auctions... I don't need their gear... I don't need their gems.... I don't need their gold. I don't need them... IN THIS GAME.

I couldn't give a rats butt about anybody else in this solo game. I just play along at my own speed, make my own dungeons for fun, and enjoy the game.

If you want to play a MMORPG where community matters, go play Everquest 1 and 2. If you want a nice SoloRPG experience, play Neverwinter.

your obviously low level and have never done epic dungeons
  • iamdoctordeathiamdoctordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There had better not be a wipe. Sorry, but if this was simply an issue of something beyond their control that came up and ruined the economy, I might be able to get behind a wipe at this point.

But almost all of these exploits were found in alpha and beta, were reported, were discussed- and Cryptic did nothing. For us to be punished now with a wipe because they decided to ignore their testers in earlier stages would be disgusting- it's already downright disgusting how Cryptic has paid attention to nothing but their money making schemes.

I've played every big name mmorpg at release for almost ten years now- and I've never seen incompetence on this scale. Such a big part of the problem is, as many have brought up- mule accounts. People don't fear being banned since they can make a thousand accounts with ease.

I don't think I'll ever play a f2p mmo again- if it isn't buy to play it might as well have a 'exploit me please' sign.

Of course- it doesn't help that by making all gear BoE plus making all gear easy to ninja, they've basically thrown the economy into the hands of the worst kinds of players.

It was like this game was purposefully designed to be exploited- that's the only excuse I can think of for this many problems, and for them so openly ignoring all alpha/beta testing regarding them.

The thing that makes me shake my head the most though is- this is Cryptic, we've seen them before, we know what they are... yet we still gave them another chance here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    dunsie wrote: »

your obviously low level and have never done epic dungeons
    edited May 2013

lol. You do realize a large part of the "community" doesn't even bother with the forums? I'd be very skeptical with any claim that says 70% of the player base is for a server wipe.

Not to mention the only vote that counts is Cryptic/PWE. So yeah there's that. So I have no problem being in the minority.
  • bloodwerkbloodwerk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why are epics even BoE?
  • dataquedataque Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to laugh at all the people saying they will quit if there is a wipe. They are literally saying that they don't enjoy playing the game and that 2 weeks of 'leveling' is a form of punishment.

If that's what you think then why are you even playing the game? :rolleyes:
  • juravianjuravian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    worzabonk wrote: »
    Sorry guys, I mean, it's been a fun ride, it really has. You have a gem of a game here, and myself and my wife both really enjoy playing.

But the exploits over the past few weeks...lets face it, the AD AH exploit is just the tip of the iceberg. We've had so many exploits in the last month, those of us who don't cheat, who refuse to cheat, who avoid cheaters, cheating and exploits like the spellplague, we're at a disadvantage.

We leveled via questing. We didn't farm ogres in cages to fly to 60 in a few hours.

We didn't abuse the AH to make enormous amounts of AD, which we then palmed off to mule accounts and/or sold it for real world profit.

We BOUGHT zen, and supported your company.

We didn't farm t1-2 dungeons via exploits for insane gold and items.

We played the game legitimately. And we lost. The economy is totally broken, overvalued, and those of us lowly non cheaters are, for the most part, priced out of the market totally.

And you've just confirmed via twitter you will not be wiping, not resetting the very obviously broken servers, not putting us all on a level playing field. And 72 hour bans for exploiters? Yeah, I'll pass. All that says is 'please, exploit all you like, you'll make a few thousand bucks in profit, destabilize the market, ruin it for everyone else, but hey that's cool, see you in a few days'.

So Cryptic, PWI, it's been fun, it really has. I've enjoyed your games, NW, and STO. I enjoyed my Neverember guard, and my numerous starships from your Zen store. But this is it for me. I'm not going to sit back, and watch the exploiters, and those who benefitted from those exploits power ahead and leave me, us, in the dust.

This is not rage. Just...sadness. It's been a fun ride.

Stay Hoopy.

Personally, I do not understand the reasoning behind this.

There really is no economy in this game. I know I rarely buy anything from the AH, and what I have purchased were just minor consumables.

The people who exploited gained some AD and maybe sold some things for RL cash, but how does that affect YOUR game?

Don't get me wrong, I think the exploiters and cheaters who do this sort of thing are not worth the space they take up from their mothers basements, and don't deserve to be part of the human race.

But if you are having fun in the game, why would you leave?

It just makes no sense to me. I'm having fun, as is my wife. We will continue to do so if the servers ever come back online.
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dataque wrote: »
    I have to laugh at all the people saying they will quit if there is a wipe. They are literally saying that they don't enjoy playing the game and that 2 weeks of 'leveling' is a form of punishment.

Hey look, it's somebody else that thinks my time isn't valuable. *Yawn*
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey look, it's somebody else that thinks my time isn't valuable. *Yawn*

These people must not have jobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bloodwerkbloodwerk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If there was a wipe, which they have already said there wouldn't. Why wouldn't they just give everyone increased exp rates for a short period of time?

I mean that seems to be the general reasoning behind why people would be against a wipe. So just give the founders a refresh on their package and give everyone increased exp rates for a period.
  • mandingobuckmandingobuck Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is no need for a reset. I know I don't want to level again, just got to 60 a few days ago & am almost rocking full purple items. Not the best to be had but much better than the greens I hit 60 wearing.

I got most of them through the PvP system (even when you lose you win, it just takes longer), a couple from Seals & a couple of cheap items from the AH. The thing to keep in mind is that the AH is not necessary. You can actually run dungeons for these items! I know that might come as a shock to some people, but there you have it.

So you didn't get the item you wanted, run it again. There is no lock out period. Hell, there is even a time to get a bonus chance at the loot you want! Level your professions. Need mats, go open boxes that are just lying all over the place! Kill monsters. Do some quests you might have skipped on your way up? Play the **** game!

My gear score is a little over 8000 currently & I have spent $0.00 to make it that way. It's a good game & I have really enjoyed playing it. Don't penalize me for the actions of others. All you get from cheating (or from paying to win IMO) is bored with the content faster.
  • lmn1182lmn1182 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dataque wrote: »

Money I can make again..time is something I will never get back. Yes I enjoy playing the game but I do not appreciate having my time being wasted for nothing. I was happily in the middle one of the solo instanced quests when the servers were brought down.

I come to the forums to find out why and find a tiny minority of the games population whining about something a lot of us didn't even know was happening. Whining that the economy is broken and that everyone should be punished because of something they clearly know nothing about.

But then...that is always the problem with MMORPG's isn't it. A tiny minority always ruins the game experience for others. Whether it be exploiters or the self obsessed forum babies.

Here is the crux of it, there are many other MMO's on the market today, if they were to commit company suicide, and do a full wipe and that means everything goes, then people will leave and play something else. Why do you think games companies like Blizzard cut the early game content and boosted XP games significantly. So people didn't have to grind hours upon hour to reach end game.

Cryptic already have a **** reputation, a full wipe would really hurt their ability to produce games. If their reputation with the customer base goes really bad PW will keep the licenced tech (foundry etc) and shut them down. Pretty much the only reason they bought Cryptic was for the licenses.

If they waste my time, I will simply uninstall and double click the GW2 icon on my desktop. I lose...nothing except time already spent, they lose my custom and any chance of me getting friends onto the game.
  • lordblackwolf2klordblackwolf2k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll stick around for a little longer to see how things turn out, and all honesty they need to make this a real open beta and close the zen exchange as well as the store down until anything that can be exploited is found and taken care of then reopen them. Will people ***** and cry like little girls(no offense to the ladies out there!)? Sure, but that's to be expected. As many had said, if they had made this a true open beta then exploits like the ones that have plagued the game could've been found and taken care of before something like this happened. For the exploits they were told about and ignored, well that's just their own stupidity for letting them stay in the game so losers can take advantage of them. Also, if they did wipe they should increase the exp/drops for a few days so people won't have to waste their time getting back to where they were when all this happened.
  • eroliveerolive Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are a lot of ways to fix this, like deleting every AD negotiated over accounts that were banned, banning the accounts that exploited, Blizzard did this once, and it worked...

Make some AD sink too, it helps, blizzard do this all the time too...

like i told, there are a bunch of ways to fix this, the not so wise way, is to wipe, you have a lot of people that invested real money, some people invested a lot of money, and they didnt cheat, so, why penalize them because of a few <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> cheaters.
  • mercurial257mercurial257 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This morning i just got my 5th char to 60. If there was a full wipe, I would be forced to call upon Captain Falcon to end all life on this planet and to then invoke my hearthstone to my mothers womb until the time is needed when a decent game is made and needs players to reign supreme.