test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• xerokewlxerokewl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know they said that wipes were off table but frankly I feel all the people about to demand there money are justly angry and that a full wipe is the only fair solution I just hope that whatever they do they don't lose all of the players who supported this game to keep their CUSTOMERS treated fairly... I hope what ever they do it is good because I see lots of good people leaving after this fiasco
  • zaarel2zaarel2 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Regardless of how screwed up the economy is I was having a great time playing this game. For overall player retention they just need to fix the exploit and get us back in game asap. Perhaps for a period of time they could suspend AD transactions over a certain amount. Nothing is foolproof but the key is to get players back in game. Fixing the economy and smacking down the ban sticks can occur parallel to this.

I think the real issue is that the exploit while long standing went viral in the last couple of days. A rollback should help with that. Nothing is going to be a perfect fix in the whole populations mind including a wipe. Another real solution for hyperinflated currency would be to introduce a new currency.
  • lamentleviathanlamentleviathan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lexdev wrote: »
    except for, that they (pwe) have always taken a pretty hard stance on the fact that there will be no wipe.

So - i can understand the beef, if you (the gamer) have already laid money out to show support.

However, if they re-rolled with full zen in the bank, it would suck - but there are worse things in the world...

like mindflayers.
  • epokepok Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So Im sonfused that on twitter he clarified and said resetting isnt off just not from the beginning of time. Please make me understand that this bug wasnt available on day 1?? Because this wonderful post I saw shows that you guys had this problem in star trek. Previous knowledge of this exploit and you opened up the cash shop during your "open beta". Im not sure where you guys strayed from the real definition of open beta to sell games and all, but it is to fix these bugs and exploits you so casually have and dont deal with. If you think you can just so easy fix the economy, why dont you ask DCUO what happened after an exploit like this happened to them.. Even today the economy is so messed up its not funny. There is a reason games dont make it after a crisis like this thats simple: they go for the cost effective way and not the right way. wipe it, perma ban all the exploiters, compensate the founders who lost the head start if you wipe, and compensate everyone with some free xp and some double AD time. Stuff like this is unavoidable and cant be helped, but you need to make the best of it and work to show us that you care about us and the game. Not just the money you make.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    100 gnolls wielding polearms have just entered the forum

I think most of us are safe. Since you didn't say they had fire or acid.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • slomike0138slomike0138 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe all. Start it over and take care of the problem. Start us all from square 1.
  • clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "We're finalizing the plan, but I don't feel comfortable posting anything until we're sure. Sorry for the delay on this."

Should have some details soon :)
  • mistatosmistatos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know they aren't wiping, but I was terrible at leveling a GWF. Have pity on me please :D
  • lamentleviathanlamentleviathan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lexdev wrote: »
    except for, that they (pwe) have always taken a pretty hard stance on the fact that there will be no wipe.

So - i can understand the beef, if you (the gamer) have already laid money out to show support.

However, if they re-rolled with full zen in the bank, it would suck - but there are worse things in the world...

like mindflayers.
  • dystarrdystarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kurokazept wrote: »
    I'm going to go ahead and ask a wtf thing but...

Has anyone thought if there's something, as we, the community of players can do to reestabilish a fair economy?

Afterall we do kinda run the Auction House...

So yeah... Instead of just going "NUKE IT!" ever thought about... I dunno "Terraforming"?...

We tried terraforming. The company set us down on the wrong planet. The alien exploiters came out at night, mostly. Take off, nuke the site from orbit. Its the only way to be sure.
  • bloodykeeperbloodykeeper Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Update: We're still finalizing the plan of action. Once everything is locked in, we'll be posting everything, so keep your eyes on Facebook, on Twitter and on our forums -- we'll make sure it goes everywhere. Thank you all again, we appreciate your support and patience.
  • clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "We're finalizing the plan, but I don't feel comfortable posting anything until we're sure. Sorry for the delay on this."

Should have some details soon :)
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    papertrip wrote: »
    Caught up on the thread and cracked #3, but #4 and forward are still at the store :-/

Better get to the store to get more before the democrats lower the legal limit to .05.
  • xdprophetxdprophet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a network engineer of 20 years, I can tell you this. NAT does indeed modify the IP address in the IPV4 header.

Wow? Network Engineer? So you know how to plug in cables? I wrote the software that modified the bytes of the headers. Amazing that you said 20 years. Funny how liars always round their experience to round decades. Amazing. They receive letters because the user authenticates with the firewall/router and they log their activity. Although I am unsure what this has to do with banning by IP. Actually it has nothing to do with it.

You said earlier that NAT had nothing to do with rewriting headers. Now you change your mind. You keep changing your story every post. Wow, Amazing, Wow, Amazing. You are my hero. No wonder you kept that good paying job at McDonalds.
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys.
    It's open beta.
    http://i.qkme.me/3rbi1b.jpg
  • siphuchiensiphuchien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe it, release Drow race for everyone, and release Ranger class. Start from square one with new classes and race to try out.
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys.
    It's open beta.
  • toyeverdaletoyeverdale Member Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    Here is how I think it will play out:
    IF there is a rollback, it will be for one reason: said explot got out and there was an explosive amount of currency made. Soo much that they cannot wipe all the 'bad' currency without causing other problems, but a roll back works,

Otherwise they will find the id's for the bad money and wipe every copper/shard/zen from existence. Anyone who got handed bad money would be out, even if they didn't know they were being given bad money.

I dunno how intense their transaction id's and records are, but most MMO's can solve this kind of problem without wiping the servers.
  • poac1poac1 Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2013
    Well, it was a fun core game. But just watching some of the streams and listening, you realize this has happened several times before already. Very few people that exploited things like the guardian bug or pirate runs ever had anything done to them. Small percentage of the whole was caught and punished and they posted saying it was taken care of.

I imagine the few hundred that get away with selling off whatever AD and items they successfully launder will be rich and the AD/gold selling sites will have low prices for a few months that are better then the Zen exchange in real life cash value. First & last time I play a PW mmo, absolutely horrendous.
  • djfloppydjfloppy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE...this discussion reminds me of a certain south park episode.......
  • metalgeard20metalgeard20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    unless you find a way to remove the epics and AD off the mule accounts the economy is still going to be fubard.
    Another economic meltdown under the Obama administration. When will this corruption end.
  • awdeohawdeoh Member Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    offended1.jpg
  • bld1bld1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so this "wipe"? does that mean the 90$ i spent on this game in trade for AD so i could get a FAIR phoera, fire archon, and wererat thief will be gone? cuz if it is im going to be seriously mad... :(
  • popeonarope101popeonarope101 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys.
    It's open beta.

Maybe a song to lighten the mood? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw
  • metalgeard20metalgeard20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    unless you find a way to remove the epics and AD off the mule accounts the economy is still going to be fubard.
    Another economic meltdown under the Obama administration. When will this corruption end.
  • ondesvinondesvin Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?264451-Full-wipe-remarks 600+ votes 72% support a complete wipe.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?262762-The-current-situation-what-would-want-them-to-do 1800+ votes 60% support a complete wipe

listen to your players and just wipe the servers or gives us a new server!
  • humanfacadehumanfacade Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Init 22 b-16 :D
  • dalgomardalgomar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kurokazept wrote: »
    I'm going to go ahead and ask a wtf thing but...

Has anyone thought if there's something, as we, the community of players can do to reestabilish a fair economy?

Afterall we do kinda run the Auction House...

So yeah... Instead of just going "NUKE IT!" ever thought about... I dunno "Terraforming"?...

Excellent point. Please put on this red shirt and beam down to the planet.
  • papertrippapertrip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cesmode8 wrote: »
    Better get to the store to get more before the democrats lower the legal limit to .05.

It's ok my beer store is walkable :)
    edited May 2013