test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Good job cryptic, someone made $7000 by selling the exploited AD's.

princecharmingsprincecharmings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
And you say no to wipe?

<Removed per RoC>
Post edited by princecharmings on

Comments

• bdragonbbdragonb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Stupid company ever. This game is ruined, is going to be played only for exploiters and fanboys that think with his wallets, like the morons that still play Diablo 3.
  • aftershafteraftershafter Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Option 1: report the bug and help it get fixed so thousands of people can continue to enjoy the game.

Option 2: exploit the bug, rip a lot of people off, brag about it, and blame the company making the game.

So, Cryptic is the bad guy here?...
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Good for him.

The gold selling websites aren't going to be very happy when the transaction of millions of AD for a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> item is reversed. That is provided the devs actually clean this mess proper.
  • vamperovampero Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And you say no to wipe?

<Removed Per RoC>

There better be or I will demand my $200 founders money back ! All the real paying people getting ripped off !!!!!!
  • ikagawaikagawa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 106
    edited May 2013
    Option 1: report the bug and help it get fixed so thousands of people can continue to enjoy the game.

Option 2: exploit the bug, rip a lot of people off, brag about it, and blame the company making the game.

The exploit has been around for at least a year. It was in STO.

It was in at least Closed Beta of NW if not earlier and all of the people that reported it were ignored.

So yes, Cryptic is the bad guy.
  • iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    he said it on the internet so it must be true!
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • monarrchmonarrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I love how people justify their bad behavoir by BLAMING IT SOMEONE ELSE!!! YES!! Its Cryptics fault that I found and exploit and abused it. Yes, although a person with a micron of integrity would have reported it, I instead chose to exploit it and give gear to my guildies and sell AD for cash!!! Yes!!! The devil made me do it! This is exactly what is wrong with society with all of its miscreants, malcontents and entitlement minded fools. They commit a crime and "hell no, Im insane", or "my parents didnt love me enough"...everyone else's fault.
  • xahfarxahfar Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This exploit hasn't effected me and my friends personally as we just started playing recently and haven't seen the economic impact yet ourselves. But I will say that the integrity of a company goes a long way in determining where I spend my time and money, so depending on how they address this will help weigh on my decision on whether or not this game is worth investing in at all.
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Just wow.... this is total ripoff of us legit paying customers.
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow this is awesome... to be honest hats off to this guy $7000 made on a F2P game. I bet them Chinese Gold farmers are really upset now that their market is all crashed.

To be honest with you... I cannot see how in any way this will have a negative effect on the game. The only people that should be truely upset are the gold farming merchants.

I can still do my dungeon runs, I can still get my gear, I can still enjoy the foundry....

Only difference now is when I sell my Timeless pieces they will sell for 10 mil instead of 5 mil. Which to be honest with you means nothing... Yes you might have to pay ZEN for your Bags or your mount in the short term.

Big deal... cry gold farmers cry.... and awesome job to the $7000 winner. I laugh at the fools that bought his <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for real cash!!!!!
  • kartosathentia1kartosathentia1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

In essence yes, they are to blame. As rumor has it this bug was reported in close testing and they never fixed it.
  • aeschillesaeschilles Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's just one person among many. Whole guilds were doing this! Ever heard of 'gold' farmers ... ?

Wipe! or I'm out for sure, along with many other legit players, from what I've read elsewhere here, who just want to play the
    game and enjoy ..
    * Nothing is constant but change *
  • maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    option 3:

get the guys ip address, call up his ISP and sue his ***.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krehlmarkrehlmar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It's been reported multiple times by tons of people since closed beta.
  • thehadrielthehadriel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    QQ, get over it.
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vampero wrote: »
    There better be or I will demand my $200 founders money back ! This is bullSh*T ! All the real paying people getting ripped off !!!!!!

I have to hear this.. how did you get ripped off?

Did you not get to play a great game to level 60? Do you not get to run through dungeons and foundry? Do you not have early access to a drow, spider, and some really cool items?

Yes someone got a few more AD than you... how in any way did this ruin your gaming experience?
  • immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    monarrch wrote: »
    I love how people justify their bad behavoir by BLAMING IT SOMEONE ELSE!!! YES!! Its Cryptics fault that I found and exploit and abused it. Yes, although a person with a micron of integrity would have reported it, I instead chose to exploit it and give gear to my guildies and sell AD for cash!!! Yes!!! The devil made me do it! This is exactly what is wrong with society with all of its miscreants, malcontents and entitlement minded fools. They commit a crime and "hell no, Im insane", or "my parents didnt love me enough"...everyone else's fault.

What do you expect when these sick twisted children are raised to believe there is no such thing as responsibility or accountability and that they are all just entitled victims who have any bad act justified because it isn't their fault.
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
  • clisbeeclisbee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    John E Schnapp from Winchester, VA Son of Edward and Stacey.... There was No VPN....
  • kargisterkargister Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sooo, some dude on the internet is talking smak, and it's etched in stone legit? Riiiiight. This is what you believe in? Makes things a lot clearer.
  • kajiwhtkajiwht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    well if they make an ITEM/CURRENCY wipe (not full char wipe)... too bad to those who wanna do things outside the law (buy AD from non official sources)
    maybe next time they'll start being more careful
  • ro7shadowro7shadow Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    option 3:

get the guys ip address, call up his ISP and sue his ***.

He would say it's just BETA :-)
  • princecharmingsprincecharmings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I already asked for a refund.
  • nismunismu Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    i wonder how far devs are tracking those exploit ADs and wiping them.. doubt those AD buyers are that legal groups and what would happen if those ADs get removed as they were cheated ..
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Please don't state the status of specific people who claim to have exploited.

Both permanent and temporary bans were issued to exploiters and more are on the way. Cryptic/PWE consider these exploitation which belittle the game for other players extremely serious and are continuing to look into all reports of exploitative behavior.

However please do not post links or images of specific people exploiting, discussing their exploits or their punishments. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.