test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• ntrop13ntrop13 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Clearly this all the work of Cyric the Mad...the Dark Sun can never be veiled! Flee for your lives!
    *You can RP anywhere. It's fun!*
    :)
  • moriaelini9moriaelini9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sickenme56 wrote: »
    Im Dying laughing again...not a whole $30?

Hey, for some people that might be the extent of their disposable income. No need to be a ******nozzle :P
  • vrzillionvrzillion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so when is the suspected time its going to be back online like hour wise would be something nice to tell players
  • itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I propose a wipe of all AD/Zen/gear and keep all characters naked + foundry content,

Also give everybody who did not exploit a free respec token + a cat pet with alternative skin and the legendary tittle "i survived the wipe" as a token of good faith/endurance

(Obviuesly refund the real money spenders "duh" )

i think a targeted wipe like this would go a long way to keep the playerbase and a free respec token + unique companion would keep people hoping for another wipe :D
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • galatheraliengalatheralien Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    damnyankee wrote: »
    of."turned on the flamethrower"....lol I do agree with your post and play similarly. am a quiet man so i find it best to solo

I really enjoy a good group. Especially when there is not a lot of chatter. I've just become far too judgemental in my old age ;)
  • matumatu Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hoping you can fix this with minimal impact for legit players, take all the time you need, thanks.
  • jjeshopjjeshop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shamazzle wrote: »
    "cancelled my WoW subscription having finally found a significantly superior game"

WoW fanboys everywhere just felt the impact of your statement thousands of miles from here. The shockwave was felt by them all.

Currently, every WoW player feels a disturbance now. For some reason, they feel anger towards their game for sucking and seek a better game.

Come here friends, this game isn't WoW.
    IGN: Teseanna

Closed :D Beta :D Tester
    [SIGPIC]i100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/jjeshop/ooo-1.png[/SIGPIC]
  • mystmysteriummystmysterium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    soth007 wrote: »
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1eebyi/an_exploiter_claims_to_have_made_almost_six/

post from a previous exploiter about getting a mild slap on the wrist. sold astral diamonds to selling sites for over $6000

Good point. If this would screw over some scumbag gold/ad sellers that spam chat, do a wipe. I can live with it.

Peace, Myst
  • naero111naero111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solyad1 wrote: »
    The game and the economy are intertwined. They can't reset one without dramatically impacting the other.

Neverwinter‏@NeverwinterGame5m
    @Hammerstein2k9 @KlotingD Whatever ends up happening, we'll be working to maintain as much time as possible, and all real-money transactions

so there ya go..wipe and get it over with
  • snapybsnapyb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    himemidplz wrote: »
    Hello everybody,

I've been playing for only two days, and my idea might be a bit naive, but isn't there a way to just rollback the transactions ? If their databases are well organized, they can manage to use a simple algorithm to restore the state of the server.

They have the AH database, so they can identify all the negative-bid transactions, and get the exploiters list.
    Once it's done, you have the first list for your transaction rollback algorithm. Identify ALL transactions from there, and generate the list of all ppl who have traded with the first list : NPCs, AH, classic trades, etc. You have your 2nd list. Then, from the 2nd list, generate the 3rd list of ppl who have traded with the 2nd, and so on.
    Once you've generated all the lists up to the shutdown of the servers, just rollback from the last list to the first one (it might take some time, cause the complexity is quite exponential, but i feel like PWE could just get servers for the calculation from a specialized company, for the duration of the fix).
    For each player in one of the list, you would have to cancel all the upgrades bought from the NPCs (mount upgrade...), refund them, so the amount could be rollbacked if needed.

Once it's done, all the non legit AD would be on the first list accounts (the exploiters), which would get banned forever. I think that's the only way to avoid a wipe/total rollback, which would obviously cost a lot to PWE.

People who have traded with the exploiters would lose nothing, and even if the exploiters have mules or w/e they would be empty. All the AD sold to the internet sellers would disappear.

Of course, there are some adjustments to add to what I said, but I really think they can do something of that sort.

well pwe should employ you cause clearly u know way more then their useless devs. lol well said tho reli
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OMG, the twitter guy just now realized people were asking for an actual wipe.

"I see people saying "wipe" -- do you mean like a complete, beginning-of-time wipe? I can guarantee that won't happen."
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • moldiver42moldiver42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    DIAF cyberkat
  • jerunkjerunk Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they do a wipe, I want to keep my Inferno Nightmares, which I fairly won from boxes, and resetting that would be incredibly unfair, as the chances I could win again would obviously be against me.
  • darkmagic1981darkmagic1981 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok I don't normaly post to anything . But I think its time for the servers to come back up or another update witch hasn't happened hehehehe . . . . . Come On Devs Its Game Time :) ~~
  • ladytrillianladytrillian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sadly I am sitting here saying just this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhy7dXWjpAA

Also while your at it mind fixing TIMERS? and make the Ah give out it's items it supposed to?

Just a thought since your in there "FIXING ****" Anyways..
  • bunzagabunzaga Member Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    Since I re-roll characters daily, I really don't care if they re-roll the servers. This IS beta after all. I just want my Neverwinter fix. :D

Good luck fixing the game...
  • maicakatmaicakat Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 3m

@omgitzslashgame I see people saying "wipe" -- do you mean like a complete, beginning-of-time wipe? I can guarantee that won't happen.
  • utzpretzelsutzpretzels Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    itheryel wrote: »
    I propose a wipe of all AD/Zen/gear and keep all characters naked + foundry content,

I agree; let us keep our XP and delete all of our money, AD, Zen, and gear. Give us 10 gold each and enough level appropriate green equipment to fill every slot.

Some people level fast; I do not. I don't want to redo this toon from the ground up. It took me from the start of open beta til now to get to level 47 and I'm finally in striking distance from end game.
  • superdeluxe75superdeluxe75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    naero111 wrote: »
    Neverwinter‏@NeverwinterGame5m
    @Hammerstein2k9 @KlotingD Whatever ends up happening, we'll be working to maintain as much time as possible, and all real-money transactions

so there ya go..wipe and get it over with

humm... but...
    I see people saying "wipe" -- do you mean like a complete, beginning-of-time wipe? I can guarantee that won't happen.

From same twitter...
    edited May 2013
    ashkedawn wrote: »
    I could have written point 1 myself, I mean the whole thing from Ultima Online to the can't stand other people right to the flame away. Great post

Thank you. I guess after all this time, I feel that we need the voice that we, ironically, tend not to express. As a whole, we drop a lot more money on these games than the vocal few, but we get a lot less say in things.
  • salprosalpro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    knifecity wrote: »
    That's just selfishness at it's peak. They won't bend over backwards for you. Too bad if you get limited time to play. Them's the breaks. I call for a ban on exploiters and a bug fix and I really could care less how long it takes. I'm tired of seeing these exploiters/dupers/hackers running in on games and wrecking it for everyone. I feel that the ban should spread to people who've purchased cats but that's just my opinion. The reason for this being a no-nonsense show of force that will make people think twice about mooching off exploiters. Despite any claims of innocence, EVERYONE knows that had they had solid knowledge of this, they would have jumped to buy a cat for like 15 gold. Too bad if you get banned. People should know that you only enable them by buying the items. Yeah, it's tempting but they need YOU to transfer their ill-gotten funds into legit assets. You aid them which makes catching them and taking care of the problem more difficult which means more time allotted for this which means the general populace including the moochers who used the exploiters/dupers to their own gains complains saying that the game sucks or "they" aren't doing a good job at this or "omg where's the update/notifs"

Go google that ish

Not hard.

Well I guess I'm selfish and have a life, I have limited time to play. today just happens to be one of the days I have a little spare time. I agree with what you have to say, but I'm entitled to my opinion as you feel as you feel you are to yours. The few hours I had to play today are now gone, I had no idea until the servers went down this was even a problem. From what I'm reading, this was a known problem, they pick Sunday afternoon to remedy it?

I have also supported the game by purchasing the Guardian pack, the founders was a bit much as I have a family. I enjoy the game and feel that the devs should be compensated. You my friend sound angry. it's just a game, it's supposed to be fun, not stress.

Sal
  • kahvexikahvexi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "I see people saying "wipe" -- do you mean like a complete, beginning-of-time wipe? I can guarantee that won't happen"

Well, now we know that for sure.
  • entalyanentalyan Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    OMG, the twitter guy just now realized people were asking for an actual wipe.

That was hilarious :)
  • lymprechtlymprecht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    Hopefully there's no punishments for the people who did this. It's a beta afterall.
  • meangean88meangean88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Twitter feed:

Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 16s

@SickenMe @reinaldonaruto Definitely sometime today (Pacific time), measured in hours not minutes. Unfortunately, I don't have an exact ETA.
    View conversation

Retweet
    Favorite

Neverwinter Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 4m

@reinaldonaruto We're having some downtime to fix an issue. I'll post when it's back up.
    View conversation
    Neverwinter Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 5m

@Domacett ... it's quite a nice cat, though!
    View conversation
    Neverwinter Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 5m

@omgitzslashgame I see people saying "wipe" -- do you mean like a complete, beginning-of-time wipe? I can guarantee that won't happen.
    GM of Order of the Raven
  • aeofellaeofell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All this talk of a shard-wide rollback as the preferred option...

Presumably this would have to be 2, maybe 3 days?

In the last two days I plumbed maybe 18 hours (sad I know) game-time into NW, and cancelled my WoW subscription having finally found a significantly superior game.

On last log off I had got my GF to level 49, 3 days ago I think he was about level 16...

Having to re-do that sort of leveling grind through the same quests would be soul destroying, I appreciate the dire need to fix the economy but a per-exploiter basis seems far fairer - I mean I've already spent ~

Its Beta. 10Char
  • thompkinsthompkins Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't spent any money in Neverwinter and my highest character is like 7, I think. So I'm kind of neutral on this whole rollback/norollback thing.

However, I just wanted to get a post into this this epic thread before the issue is fixed and it's closed :cool:
    All this talk of a shard-wide rollback as the preferred option...

... Having to re-do that sort of leveling grind through the same quests would be soul destroying, I appreciate the dire need to fix the economy but a per-exploiter basis seems far fairer - I mean I've already spent ~

Seriously, dude? Personally, I'm against a wipe, but that's never going to happen anyway. But "soul-destroying??" Don't you think that's overstating it, just a tad?
    edited May 2013
    Agreed on all points. This is how I play.

Grom

I'm seeing a lot of this sort of support. Thanks for speaking up!
  • mmartine1mmartine1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic has confirmed via Twitter there will be no "beginning of time" wipe.

https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/status/336253117937090560