test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T2 Boss Fights are almost Impossible! "I feel like Quiting"

Comments

• kroegankroegan Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm glad to find out it isn't just me' The boss i'm fighting is " Wraith Eidolon " in the Relic.... quest in Vellosk. I've died at least 20 times, used the Greater Mass Scroll of Life at least 25 times (costing 500 zen for every 5), used at least 35-40 Stones of....... , and used so many healing potions i can't count them. This Wraith just can't be killed, his health goes down 2 small increments on a very long health bar and then he's rejuvinated to full health. My Daily, Encounters and At-Will powers seem to hardly effect him. I AM TOTALLY FRUSTRATED. It's lvl 39 quest and i'm @ lvl 39. I don't want an easy boss, but, i don't want an impossible one either. I sure hope the dev's fix this or i'll just go back to DDO. Up untill today Neverwinter was my #1 game to play. I should also add that i'm a CW.
  • tvalaltvalal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    kroegan wrote: »
    I'm glad to find out it isn't just me' The boss i'm fighting is " Wraith Eidolon " in the Relic.... quest in Vellosk. I've died at least 20 times, used the Greater Mass Scroll of Life at least 25 times (costing 500 zen for every 5), used at least 35-40 Stones of....... , and used so many healing potions i can't count them. This Wraith just can't be killed, his health goes down 2 small increments on a very long health bar and then he's rejuvinated to full health. My Daily, Encounters and At-Will powers seem to hardly effect him. I AM TOTALLY FRUSTRATED. It's lvl 39 quest and i'm @ lvl 39. I don't want an easy boss, but, i don't want an impossible one either. I sure hope the dev's fix this or i'll just go back to DDO. Up untill today Neverwinter was my #1 game to play.

Either you got a low level weapon or you/companion stands in the red circle that saps your life and heal his. If you are melee you need to knockdown/daze him asap when he puts down that big red circle or wait it out. do not stand and dps in it.
    edited May 2013
    I'm a solo CW with a GF companion. My teleport in any direction (shift + w,s,a, or d ) only works 1/2 the time, getting not enough stamina message. Which leaves me in the red zone, and, using w,s,a or d by them self i'm to slow in moving (speed i move, not the speed of hitting the proper key). All i'm asking for is a fair chance to beat him. I DO NOT WANT AN EASY BOSS BATTLE, BUT I SURE AS H*LL don't want an impossible one either. Like i said in prev. post, i'll just go back to DDO until it is fixed. I REALLY don't want to do that, this is by far my #1 game over all the others.
  • diekaodiekao Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kroegan wrote: »
    I'm a solo CW with a GF companion. My teleport in any direction (shift + w,s,a, or d ) only works 1/2 the time, getting not enough stamina message. Which leaves me in the red zone, and, using w,s,a or d by them self i'm to slow in moving (speed i move, not the speed of hitting the proper key). All i'm asking for is a fair chance to beat him. I DO NOT WANT AN EASY BOSS BATTLE, BUT I SURE AS H*LL don't want an impossible one either. Like i said in prev. post, i'll just go back to DDO until it is fixed. I REALLY don't want to do that, this is by far my #1 game over all the others.

This is the funniest L2P complaint I have ever seen :D
    You suck so hard at this game it's not even feasible.
    Try not standing in his clearly telegraphed AoE that STEALS HEALTH FROM YOU. If you weren't so hilariously mad about this, I would have thought you where trolling.

10/10 This thread delivers.
  • rasmuseprasmusep Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    Boss abilities are not the issue, the issue is the absurd amount of adds (and their hp/damage) that comes along with the boss.
  • diekaodiekao Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I quested in that area at level with a GWF.....sorry but it's still a L2P issue.
    None of the quests pre mount hotenow are that hard. It's a question of "dps boss to 33% and pop daily".
    edited May 2013
    diekao wrote: »
    This is the funniest L2P complaint I have ever seen :D
    You suck so hard at this game it's not even feasible.
    Try not standing in his clearly telegraphed AoE that STEALS HEALTH FROM YOU. If you weren't so hilariously mad about this, I would have thought you where trolling.

10/10 This thread delivers.
    This might be hilariously to you, get your laughs from my problems. I started playing online games (NW) 2 months ago so i'm not as experienced as you. I surly won't look 2 u f/ a decent answer-why should i? because i'm nothing more than a good laugh to you.
  • pizzarazzipizzarazzi Banned Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    wow player cries about real content

nothing to see here
  • killz2manykillz2many Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rycegaming wrote: »
    2 clerics, 2 rogues, 1 wizard. Now you win.

Once again proof that the game is outrageously unbalanced. "Sorry tank, but we'd rather have another cleric" or "Sorry GWF, we need another DPS" (Even though I've out dps'd rogues as a GWF before.
    Killz2Many ~ Greatest Weapon Fighter ~ Dragon Shard
    game-of-thrones-dani-burn-deal-with-it.gif
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This thread is so full of BS. You don't need any exploits to do T2 dungeon bosses. You just need a group with a brain.

General Rule: Bosses have constantly respawning adds. Just control/ignore/heal through them. Bosses also have add spawns at 75% health and 25% health. Kill those adds ASAP. Stop DPS on the boss and kill the health % adds then resume DPS on the boss.

Frozen Heart:

Cleric: Run in circles around the outside of the room kiting adds. Throw AS on the boss and Healing Word to people who need it and/or pull aggro off them. Blue is good, red is bad.

Everyone else: DPS the boss, kill archers, ignore ALL the trolls and frost golems. Don't die, Blue is good, red is bad.

Temple of the Spider:

Stand in a spot near the back edge (narrower platform) and drop AS. Get a ranged DPS to hurt the boss. She will eventually pull towards you and stop teleporting away. Throwing adds off the edge is NOT an 'exploit' the area is clearly designed with this possibility in mind. This fight requires a good CW for tossing adds and enough DPS (rogue) to burn through the healing.

Cleric: Maintain AS and divine FF. Use spare divinity to toss adds with SB if needed. Blue is good, red is bad.
    CW: Your job is tossing adds. Blue is good, red is bad.
    Everyone else: Hurt the boss. Blue is good, red is bad.

Spellplague:

Again, clearly designed to have you tossing adds off the edge. Not going to describe this one, just watch a video of a 'bad' guild run instead:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JPLyTHdF7Wk#t=1843s
    Blue is good, red is bad.

Pirates:

Cleric kiting works well here. So does just mass AoE DPS. If you can't finish this one I don't know what to say. Blue is good, red is bad.

Karrundax:

Cleric: Drop AS so it just overlaps the dragons back feet. Maintain that and divinity FF. Cast SB to knockback or build divinity/AP. Blue is good, red is bad.
    CW: Add control, because, you know, you're a CONTROL wizard. Blue is good, red is bad.
    Everyone Else: DPS the boss. Blue is good, red is bad.

I haven't done Epic Dread Vault yet because I see no purpose in it. T2 weapons drop off the second boss in any of the other dungeons.

Castle Never isn't even worth talking about until you can actually get the above done without exploits or 2 clerics.
  • jkdoble16jkdoble16 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with all these folks I just started today but have been watching my friends play, the dungeons seem ok and well suited for most groups no matter the mixture of classes but the boss mob at the end it so powerful he or she does not really need all the adds and they respawns far too often, unlike EQ where the spawns of the boss would have cycles so you could concentrate on the main boss for a little bit before having to clean up spawns again. also in the solo dungeons, it seems you can not do them alone any more after lvl 35, because your companion is frozen at 15. which means is just about unless to help and is more of a hindrance. I will not even try to do a boss until you allow level ups of the companions. you advertise solo dungeons but after lvl 35 that is not true all solo dungeons become group dungeons for those people not running power builds or using exploits. I hope you repair these problems I think you have an awesome game in the making. keep up the good work.
    "Trust Your Instincts"
  • piku247piku247 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Worst thing in dungeongs is that, they are way to loog... I mean u can do it, this easier ones, in 40-60 minutes without any teammates death. But this harder dungeons or even easier but with some deaths midway or at boss, may extend the time to 1-2 (up to 3 if the team does not want to surrender even they die try by try) hours!!! Abnormal. During this time i can lose electricity in my town, my computer can reset due to windows upgrade, game client can crash (most annoying) or fcking freddy kruger may visit me...
    edited May 2013
    ANy encounter where you need to resort to kiting large amount of adds should tell that something is not right.
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rasmusep wrote: »
    ANy encounter where you need to resort to kiting large amount of adds should tell that something is not right.

But tanking a large number of adds would be okay?

I've played other games that an off-tank is required to sit there and tank adds in a corner, no one complained. What's the difference between standing there mashing "1, 5, 2, 3, 1, 5, 2, 3, 1, 5, 2, 3, 6, 4, 1, etc..." and running in a circle? There isn't one. Adds need to be controlled/managed/tanked/kited.
  • sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This thread is so full of BS. You don't need any exploits to do T2 dungeon bosses. You just need a group with a brain.

General Rule: Bosses have constantly respawning adds. Just control/ignore/heal through them. Bosses also have add spawns at 75% health and 25% health. Kill those adds ASAP. Stop DPS on the boss and kill the health % adds then resume DPS on the boss.

Frozen Heart:

Cleric: Run in circles around the outside of the room kiting adds. Throw AS on the boss and Healing Word to people who need it and/or pull aggro off them. Blue is good, red is bad.

Everyone else: DPS the boss, kill archers, ignore ALL the trolls and frost golems. Don't die, Blue is good, red is bad.

Temple of the Spider:

Stand in a spot near the back edge (narrower platform) and drop AS. Get a ranged DPS to hurt the boss. She will eventually pull towards you and stop teleporting away. Throwing adds off the edge is NOT an 'exploit' the area is clearly designed with this possibility in mind. This fight requires a good CW for tossing adds and enough DPS (rogue) to burn through the healing.

Cleric: Maintain AS and divine FF. Use spare divinity to toss adds with SB if needed. Blue is good, red is bad.
    CW: Your job is tossing adds. Blue is good, red is bad.
    Everyone else: Hurt the boss. Blue is good, red is bad.

Spellplague:

Again, clearly designed to have you tossing adds off the edge. Not going to describe this one, just watch a video of a 'bad' guild run instead:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JPLyTHdF7Wk#t=1843s
    Blue is good, red is bad.

Pirates:

Cleric kiting works well here. So does just mass AoE DPS. If you can't finish this one I don't know what to say. Blue is good, red is bad.

Karrundax:

Cleric: Drop AS so it just overlaps the dragons back feet. Maintain that and divinity FF. Cast SB to knockback or build divinity/AP. Blue is good, red is bad.
    CW: Add control, because, you know, you're a CONTROL wizard. Blue is good, red is bad.
    Everyone Else: DPS the boss. Blue is good, red is bad.

I haven't done Epic Dread Vault yet because I see no purpose in it. T2 weapons drop off the second boss in any of the other dungeons.

Castle Never isn't even worth talking about until you can actually get the above done without exploits or 2 clerics.

This is so true haha. CN: Perma blackhole + push mobs off cliff.
    edited May 2013
    But tanking a large number of adds would be okay?

I've played other games that an off-tank is required to sit there and tank adds in a corner, no one complained. What's the difference between standing there mashing "1, 5, 2, 3, 1, 5, 2, 3, 1, 5, 2, 3, 6, 4, 1, etc..." and running in a circle? There isn't one. Adds need to be controlled/managed/tanked/kited.

How about class purpose and a sense of control?

You honestly feel kiting is a general valid and engaging fight mechanic?

If everything is just kite kite kite, you just promote the current situation with 1 or 2 cleric for kiting/healing and then dps from rogue.

What then should GF, GWF and maybe CW do?
    edited May 2013
    How about class purpose and a sense of control?

You honestly feel kiting is a general valid and engaging fight mechanic?

If everything is just kite kite kite, you just promote the current situation with 1 or 2 cleric for kiting/healing and then dps from rogue.

What then should GF, GWF and maybe CW do?

Well if you're running without at least one CW in your groups no wonder you're failing.

1 Cleric, 1 CW, 3 other people. That's the group comp I run with and I never have a problem getting 2 T2s done during delves (around 45 minutes for the first one). Only Temple of the Spider really 'requires' a TR, though it's always nice to have one along. The last 2 slots really don't matter one bit as long as the player isn't a complete idiot. I've run with 1 cleric, 1 CW, 1 TR, 1 GF, and 1 GWF and the runs weren't any easier/harder than the 1 cleric, 2 CW, 2 TR runs or the 2 cleric, 1 CW, 2 TR. I've even done 1 cleric, 3 TR, 1 GF before and it wasn't terrible but I missed the CW a lot.

Edit: Besides all of that, my original post in this thread was in response to the "It's impossible/too hard" claims. Complaining about the style of play or the mechanics is a completely separate issue. My point is simply that all T2s are perfectly possible. You just have to play the game as it is designed instead of complaining that the way you want to play it doesn't work. You know, figure out a strategy for the problem in front of you. Implement the strategy. Revise it if necessary. Profit.
  • jarlax1jarlax1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013

I have lead raids in EQ1 where this was actually a mechanic of the fight, and the mob was actually invincible with high DPS or something really nasty, but there was actually more than one event with this sort of thing.

If you do Spellplague T2, you fight the final boss on a platform with green lava insta death all around you. The adds, if near the boss are powered up and un-CC-able, but if you drag them out of the bosses power up beam range they will shrink back down to weak mobs, and you can knock them into the lava.

So, the cleric and the wizard handle the adds and maybe the guardian fighter, with the cleric acting as the tank pulling agro using HoT and Astral Seal on the boss to pull adds by healing the melee on the boss. While at the same time positioning the adds close enough to the edge for the wizard to toss them all off. Eventually, the platforms fall off and the final phase you are left with a single circle without enough room to power down the adds. At this phase the cleric tossed Astral Shield down for the dps to include the wizard and uses hot's and sunburst to build action points and hold agro and kite around the platform while the dps burn the boss. After the boss is down the group cleans up the adds, and you get loot.

Sounds like a great mechanic to me, I definitely have the defense and health to be the add tank, with 36% damage resistance from armor, 20% from Astral Shield, 15% from Divine Armor, 5% deflect, and 2 % reflect. It's a lot fun when you execute it properly.
    edited May 2013
    Optimal comp: 2 Clerics, 1 CW, 1 TR Last pick: Can your CW solo perma blackhole? Yes, run a dps GF. He can't? Run another CW.
  • thesirfatantthesirfatant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree that the bosses are too tough. I have been in mixed random parties in The Mad Dragon and Pirate Dungeons and I have yet to complete the Boss at the end. I run a Cleric which means I have to stay on the outside healing the party and having a go at the boss. I might survive to the end, and have restarted with a different party to only find we can't complete again!!!!:mad:
  • mhblis1mhblis1 Member Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    See as was pointed out earlier knocking minions off ledges is a Table Top DND staple. It's is clear from looking at the map design that this is a valid and intended tactic. All this complaint that this is just DND in seems wrong when you stuff like this. Right there they have taken from the table top and added it to the game.

This is DND; not WOW clone instances. You don't face tank hordes of adds, you have to deal with them. I agree the bosses and their mechanics could use some work but as a whole this plays so much more like table top than anything else I've seen.
  • khupa1khupa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 96
    edited May 2013
    Boss abilities are not the issue, the issue is the absurd amount of adds (and their hp/damage) that comes along with the boss.

This is very true.
  • kevro2kevro2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't understand people ask yourself one question...What is the point of doing something if its just easily handed to you?? this is the problem with this generation and WoW noobs LOL! but really try harder pay attention sorry you cant stand there and click 2 buttons and be all SUPER SWEET IM TEH BEST EVERRRR I BEAT ALL BOSSSSSES IM UBER OWNAGE!!
  • rethophisrethophis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    The bosses are not tough at all... What makes boss fights tough is the endless spawn of trash mobs.
    Known as Zerkul on DDO forums I]Ryumajin, Zavarthak, Leohands of Cannith[/I, look for me on YouTube.
  • sarcon89sarcon89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    The one thing that puzzles me is, if there are that many npcs waiting for the boss to call on...why not just put them at the instance door? Pirate King would live happily ever after if the first pull in his dungeon was 40 mobs. Poor resource management from npcs all around.

agreed or when the shrouts of battle and clanging of steel starts the entire dungeon rushs to fend off the attackers. that would show those silly PCs the business end.
  • fenrirtogfenrirtog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    Optimal comp: 2 Clerics, 1 CW, 1 TR Last pick: Can your CW solo perma blackhole? Yes, run a dps GF. He can't? Run another CW.

I wonder why the GWF get no love in the picks at all even though any decent GWF can out dps a CW and TR as well as add tanking / buff / debuff support.

Feeling misunderstood :/

xD
    I actually find the GF obsolete at the moment, last 10 T2 dungeons I've run without a GF ... all went well. Is tanking really unnecessary in this game?
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    T2 bosses are fine. T1 ones are easy and for everyone. You can run the cloak tower, killing the end boss with another player and 2-man it is doable, so i guess everyone can do this.

T2s are for achievers. Why would you want the content to be dumbed down so that even people with a temperature room IQ and willing to win with right-click for 5 minutes "strategies"? Every instance isn't for everyone. I'm bored with T1s but i'm ok with easy content in games so that anyone can enjoy it. I also enjoy a lot tough boss fights. Having to try 10 times to win is ok to me, as long as it's challenging and feels like an achievement when you've won. But if it doesn't take a month of attempts and queues to win some of the toughest instances in a game then the game is just stupidly easy and people get bored in a week and keep asking "what's next"?

I don't want the devs to take your fun away. I don't ask them to buff T1s. Why would YOU take MY fun away with nerfing T2s?

And if you really want to win those bosses, take your time, try and try again, it's doable, but you'll have to learn to play. If you don't then T1 instances will be fine.
  • jarlax1jarlax1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    T2 bosses are fine. T1 ones are easy and for everyone. You can run the cloak tower, killing the end boss with another player and 2-man it is doable, so i guess everyone can do this.

T2s are for achievers. Why would you want the content to be dumbed down so that even people with a temperature room IQ and willing to win with right-click for 5 minutes "strategies"? Every instance isn't for everyone. I'm bored with T1s but i'm ok with easy content in games so that anyone can enjoy it. I also enjoy a lot tough boss fights. Having to try 10 times to win is ok to me, as long as it's challenging and feels like an achievement when you've won. But if it doesn't take a month of attempts and queues to win some of the toughest instances in a game then the game is just stupidly easy and people get bored in a week and keep asking "what's next"?

I don't want the devs to take your fun away. I don't ask them to buff T1s. Why would YOU take MY fun away with nerfing T2s?

And if you really want to win those bosses, take your time, try and try again, it's doable, but you'll have to learn to play. If you don't then T1 instances will be fine.

that's just it, I love a fight that's so hard I wipe a bunch of times learning what needs to be done, this new crowd wants instant gratification, and then want to troll that the game is to easy and I am out of content.

A little secret for those having issues with the content, the "gear score" for the T2 instances should be raised to the castle never limit, that's a little more accurate of what you need, and castle never should be raised to 10.5k + "or better". I totally agree with this post in that I do not want easy OMFG I WIN content look at my GEARZORZ.
    edited May 2013
    fenrirtog wrote: »
    I wonder why the GWF get no love in the picks at all even though any decent GWF can out dps a CW and TR as well as add tanking / buff / debuff support.

Feeling misunderstood :/

xD
    I actually find the GF obsolete at the moment, last 10 T2 dungeons I've run without a GF ... all went well. Is tanking really unnecessary in this game?

A GWF can outdps a TR in an AoE dung, a GF can outdps a GWF in an AoE dung, while also doing more single target. CW is used to spam blackholes, how many you run depends on how many you need to spam blackhole.
  • alacardias1alacardias1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    removed for editing
This discussion has been closed.