test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If there is a rollback, will I lose the work I've done in the Foundry?

ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
As per title, if there is a rollback, will I lose the work I've done in the Foundry?
I'd hate for that to be the case, I worked pretty hard on my mission last night and this morning.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There will not be a rollback. If there is, Cryptic will get their pants sued off. Too many people have invested money in the game for Cryptic to do a rollback now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you're referring to the rollbacks that they're working on today in conjunction with fixing exploits, you don't need to worry. I'm pretty sure they have the tools to do more precise rollbacks than a server-wide wipe
  • coanunncoanunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 368 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    There will not be a rollback. If there is, Cryptic will get their pants sued off. Too many people have invested money in the game for Cryptic to do a rollback now.

TOS specifically states they may rollback or wipe at any time with no warning. They can do what they want. And the only thing we can do is sit and wait and see. So Ranncore, the answers is no one knows what it will affect yet. And Cryptic won't say anything along those lines until a final decision is made because no matter that they do right now they are going to upset a large part of the community.
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
    edited May 2013
    coanunn wrote: »
    TOS specifically states they may rollback or wipe at any time with no warning. They can do what they want. And the only thing we can do is sit and wait and see. So Ranncore, the answers is no one knows what it will affect yet. And Cryptic won't say anything along those lines until a final decision is made because no matter that they do right now they are going to upset a large part of the community.

If my Foundry map gets wiped, I quit this game. I've put weeks of work into it, and it's just nearly finished. Wiping it now would be a huge "F you!" to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lovepeaslovepeas Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have close to 100 hours into my first quest and will be ready to publish soon. I would hate to loose all that work.
    The Delusions Quartet
    Act 1: Nightmare on Market Street
    Act 2: My Best Friend's Evil Wedding
    edited May 2013
    Now I'm really mad. I can cope with the servers going down in the middle of me working on my quest, but if my quest gets wiped because of some stupid exploiters, there will be HELL to pay. For everyone. I won't even care who's innocent anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hexedianhexedian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is no reason why a server wipe would remove foundry work. The worst I could see is losing some tips, and possibly reviews.
  • zodatzodat Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now I'm really mad. I can cope with the servers going down in the middle of me working on my quest, but if my quest gets wiped because of some stupid exploiters, there will be HELL to pay. For everyone. I won't even care who's innocent anymore.

Before you wipe make sure to call the police for this guy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    Stop being so rash. IF there is a rollback, it will most likely be 8-24 hours. There is a distinct possibility Foundry work will remain unaffected. I simply wanted to know if that is a possibility, should there be a rollback.

There's no need for panic.
  • slaidzslaidz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The fact is that this game is still in beta. Depending on the scale of the exploit and how far reaching it is a rollback may not even be an option. However, rollbacks are primarily option number two of situations like these. I understand you've put in hours into whatever you did, but the two servers aren't connected so you shouldn't lose anything.
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Considering the beta character wipes didn't wipe Foundry, a launch wipe isn't going to do it either.

Of course they're screwed either way, since they said "No wipes" and the cats and AD got spread everywhere. Aside from that given how the launch has gone there will simply be a new exploit as soon as they bring the servers back up. People aren't finding new exploits, they're just going down the list of exploits that have been known for a long time. The sharing quest exploit they had to bring the server down early this week to emergency fix? That exploit was publicly reported to them in early March.
    reported_exploit.jpg
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    slaidz wrote: »
    but the two servers aren't connected so you shouldn't lose anything.

That's the thing tho, the servers are connected. That's why we can't work on our Foundry missions when the launcher goes down. When one goes down, the other does. They've said multiple times that we will never be able to work on or play Foundries when the servers are down specifically because they are connected.

Not trying to incite panic, just hoping for an answer from a dev.
    edited May 2013
    double post
    edited May 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    That's the thing tho, the servers are connected. That's why we can't work on our Foundry missions when the launcher goes down. When one goes down, the other does. They've said multiple times that we will never be able to work on or play Foundries when the servers are down specifically because they are connected.

Not trying to insight panic, just hoping for an answer from a dev.

I'm panicking....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They had a full wipe recently but the foundry stayed intact. That was open beta release.
  • ebonymayebonymay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    name and shame and perm ban all those involved in the exploit why should all the innocent gamers be affected for there crimes!!!!!
    edited May 2013
    zovya wrote: »
    They had a full wipe recently but the foundry stayed intact. That was open beta release.

Will I have to level to 15 again to use the Foundry? That would be a deal breaker for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will I have to level to 15 again to use the Foundry? That would be a deal breaker for me.

I'll group with you to get you back to 15. shouldn't take more than a couple of hours.
  • jordanneffjordanneff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If my Foundry map gets wiped, I quit this game.

Agreed completely. I haven't even spent anywhere near as much time as I know some of you guys have and if my foundry creation was deleted I would 100% never play this game again. I just bought 1000 zen today, too, and I plan on buying more in the future to support this game (and the foundry) but if my hard work was lost they would never see another cent from me.
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's absolutely no reason to think they will wipe Foundry. So don't panic.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
    edited May 2013
    zovya wrote: »
    I'll group with you to get you back to 15. shouldn't take more than a couple of hours.

Thanks.. Let's hope it doesn't come to that, though. I'd hate for development on my quest to be slowed down any more than it already has been today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordblackwolf2klordblackwolf2k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Your comment shows a lack of thinking on your part as you'd realize they could just give everyone that bought something them item(s) they bought. So, exactly how would they get sued when they could do what I mentioned?
    edited May 2013
    Your comment shows a lack of thinking on your part as you'd realize they could just give everyone that bought something them item(s) they bought. So, exactly how would they get sued when they could do what I mentioned?

You failed to read my previous comments, dude. As I stated earlier, I am panicking. So please, do not expect my posts to be all that rational until this whole possible wipe issue is resolved. Thanks for understanding. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • coanunncoanunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 368 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You failed to read my previous comments, dude. As I stated earlier, I am panicking. So please, do not expect my posts to be all that rational until this whole possible wipe issue is resolved. Thanks for understanding. :)

Ok mate, calm down. Deep breaths. As I said in the first place, Cryptic will not say wipe, rollback, anything until the final decision is made. You are just borrowing grief until they make that decision. There is no reason to panic, even IF there is a roll-back/wipe there is a good chance the Foundry would not be affected. That said we simply do not know, so don't panic just hang in there like everyone else.

Besides, I'll help you get to 15 again too if necessary. Lord knows I'll need to because the Foundry is the only thing keeping me playing this game while my Lotro account gathers dust. I swear, first MMO that comes out with Acheron's Call's skill system, Lotro's music and story system, City of Heroes character customization (visual) and loot system (slotable upgrades that don't change how I look) and a UGC would be the best MMO of all time.. but hey no one seems to want to fund all those features in a single game.
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
    edited May 2013
    coanunn wrote: »
    Ok mate, calm down. Deep breaths. As I said in the first place, Cryptic will not say wipe, rollback, anything until the final decision is made. You are just borrowing grief until they make that decision. There is no reason to panic, even IF there is a roll-back/wipe there is a good chance the Foundry would not be affected. That said we simply do not know, so don't panic just hang in there like everyone else.

Besides, I'll help you get to 15 again too if necessary. Lord knows I'll need to because the Foundry is the only thing keeping me playing this game while my Lotro account gathers dust. I swear, first MMO that comes out with Acheron's Call's skill system, Lotro's music and story system, City of Heroes character customization (visual) and loot system (slotable upgrades that don't change how I look) and a UGC would be the best MMO of all time.. but hey no one seems to want to fund all those features in a single game.

Thanks for being so supportive, the Foundry is also the only thing keeping me here too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Foundry is the only reason I tried this game, and something I've wanted for literal decades.

We understand. :)
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They're not going to wipe Foundry content. They're not even going to make you get to 15 again. This omg gonna wipe stuff came up in beta. They wiped as planned in beta, all Foundry content was fine. Further, Silverstars didn't have the level 15 restriction, it was removed for them, so they can do that as well.
    edited May 2013
    Okay I feel better now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From Twitter:

1. @NeverwinterGame in the case of a wipe, no one's Foundry work would be lost, would it?
      Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame
      I'm not certain. One way or another, if we do have to do character-specific changes, we'd be working to limit the changes.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They wiped as planned in beta, all Foundry content was fine.

The foundry was on a separate server through closed beta/alpha and they had to have a deadline to make changes and then they would upload to the beta server before beta weekends.

We are now all on one server.

That being said, I doubt that foundry progression will be lost, we may have to republish our quests but I don't think the quests we currently have sitting in the foundry editor will be affected.

I could be wrong, I could be right until a dev gives us solid information I am going with the "expect the worst and hope for the best" mindset.

I know a lot of my in game friends (authors) are going to quit if they lose their progression, as I imagine a ton of players will.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.