test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

WIPE? ridiculous!

silveralansilveralan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
It's a ridiculous idea that a wipe would be better than rollback.

Yes, we've seen the decreasing price of items in AH in the past few day.
However, the reason for that is not the exploit and bugs, but the population of people who hit lv60 is increasing quickly.
We can see that T2 items still stay at a high price level comparing to T1 items.

THAT MEANS, THE ECONOMY REMAINS SOME KIND OF NORMAL UNTIL TODAY'S ISSUE.

And seriously, there is nearly no bug in T1 dungeons.

That's why I can't understand why some people want a wipe.

For fair? I don't think so.

You have two reasons asking for a wipe.

Firstly, you want a wipe because a small number of people who used bug make you feel awful, since you play a common way.
Secondly, those who sit on millions with their entering the game before you have more advantages than you.

The first reason is acceptable and looks so righteous. But if you ask for a wipe only for this, that would looks like you want to reset the world because some of them cheats in their lives.

The second reason is just about selfish and more ridiculous. You want to reset the world because ppl born before you.

PS:

I am curious that, why you are so sure that they can't fix the problem?

Only bad logic could be found between wipe and economy recovery.

And yes, malice.
Post edited by silveralan on

Comments

• Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    PW would have to lose their minds to wipe after saying that there won't be a wipe once open beta launches. Most people aren't playing the game to be a tester at this point, losing all your progress because someone got rich is silly for anyone that isn't a founder.
  • Options
    razma666razma666 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A wipe needs to happen, and there are bugs in every dungeon, saying there are no bugs in the dungeons is just ignorant, there needs to be a wipe, the game is ****ed as of now
  • Options
    oldsnakemgsoldsnakemgs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    I am a founder and I also do support the opinion that a wipe is utter nonsense - I started playing knowing that my progress will be saved and thta I will be able to rely on what I earned in game - wiping will not help at all, instead it will make even more people quit than there might be now.

And all those "the game is dead people" - I believe noone is going to miss you - there is the door...
  • Options
    okarinokarin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    op, your analogy sux. the end.
  • Options
    someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So injecting billions of AD into a fairly static market won't do anything to the game. Let's leave it all alone. Right? Nothing bad could possibly happen. They couldn't have shuttled AD around through purchased items, IE. cats, mount training, and other absurdly expensive items, then traded, given, or sold those items. Nope. Can't happen. Couldn't have players that handed out literally hundreds of cat pets and mount training books to over a thousand people watching his live stream, who could have each been using this exploit themselves and done the exact same thing with their own circle of friends.
  • Options
    edrick1976edrick1976 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am more worried about the Zen I have spent on this game, Will we get it back if they do a roll back or a wipe of the server???
  • Options
    theodraxtheodrax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    They aren't going to wipe. It would drive away to many players. They'll probably roll it back a bit, ban players like mad, and (hopefully) fix the exploits. They might also remove a bunch of currency from the economy, if they can figure out how to do it fairly. It wouldn't be any major skin off of me to have a wipe, my highest character is 25, but it would seriously <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> a lot of people off. That sort of thing is hard for an MMO to ever recover from.
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think a wipe will happen. At best/worst (depends on your point of view), there can be a rollback to yesterday or two days ago.

I say this because of different reasons:
    1) probably the full investigation of seeing ALL the zen transactions directly between user and PWE that were made SOLELY for Neverwinter (remember PWE has lots of games, not just this one), would be too difficult/long to do in a "feasable" time, and this means a couple of days at max. They can't really leave the servers up knowing that there would be a wipe "eventually" in a week or two, right? I mean they could, but how many would play, honestly?
    2) They risk to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off more people than the ones who are currently pissed. Remember they said there would be no character wipes. If they wiped, the credibility of Cryptic's staff would drop to the bottom of the ocean and it could damage their image potentially forever.
    3) Wipe once? Wipe twice? Wipe three times? When does it end? As long as it's tagged "open beta" they could wipe over and over and over any time an exploit infects the economy. And once it launches? They can no longer wipe after launch? From a formal point of view it's understandable, but from a substantial point of view it changes nothing and would just be the same exact problem represented again.

My suggestions to deal with the problem would be the following: (assuming the bugs/exploits are fixed as we type)

1) A rollback (as short at possible, max 2 days) to a time before the AH went "nuts"
    2) A form of "apology/compensation" to founders like a Zen discount for a limited period of time.
    3) Introduce new content/gear/companions/vanity for Zen/AD, whatever that trivializes whatever has been recently bought and give AD a value again in due time.

All in all, I think people who are in good faith should not panic, as all this mess could be much less problematic than it sounds.
    For those who are not in good faith and are just using this as an excuse to obtain a refound (knowing that a wipe won't happen), because they feel that the dollars/euros spent on the game were not really worth it yeah, well.. they should have put a restraint on their impatience sooner and tried the game freely for a longer period of time before shelling out the cash.
  • Options
    phigmnentphigmnent Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    klangeddin wrote: »
    I don't think a wipe will happen. At best/worst (depends on your point of view), there can be a rollback to yesterday or two days ago.

I say this because of different reasons:
    1) probably the full investigation of seeing ALL the zen transactions directly between user and PWE that were made SOLELY for Neverwinter (remember PWE has lots of games, not just this one), would be too difficult/long to do in a "feasable" time, and this means a couple of days at max. They can't really leave the servers up knowing that there would be a wipe "eventually" in a week or two, right? I mean they could, but how many would play, honestly?
    2) They risk to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off more people than the ones who are currently pissed. Remember they said there would be no character wipes. If they wiped, the credibility of Cryptic's staff would drop to the bottom of the ocean and it could damage their image potentially forever.
    3) Wipe once? Wipe twice? Wipe three times? When does it end? As long as it's tagged "open beta" they could wipe over and over and over any time an exploit infects the economy. And once it launches? They can no longer wipe after launch? From a formal point of view it's understandable, but from a substantial point of view it changes nothing and would just be the same exact problem represented again.

My suggestions to deal with the problem would be the following: (assuming the bugs/exploits are fixed as we type)

1) A rollback (as short at possible, max 2 days) to a time before the AH went "nuts"

This fixes nothing, being this bug has been in the game for WEEKS, if not even in closed beta. It was abused by the few until someone posted it on the interwebs, then it went crazy. This explains alot this weekend, I would inspect players doing random /bgs (especially if that player was wtf destorying people)...Like 12K dmg in a lvl 30 bg. The mage had epic enchants, that accounted for MORE stats than I had on my gear, let alone his gear. This was Friday night, which made me actually stop playing my cleric, nothing like getting 2 shot every match
    2) A form of "apology/compensation" to founders like a Zen discount for a limited period of time.

I suspect "founders" are the ones that really abused this system in a higher % than us low life non-founders, so your right, lets apoloize and give you guys Zen discounts since you abused the game since beta!
    3) Introduce new content/gear/companions/vanity for Zen/AD, whatever that trivializes whatever has been recently bought and give AD a value again in due time.

An ecomony cannot recover from something like this, supply/demand comes into play. The issue I enjoy is the fact they went after the Zen market...if I had 25g I would've had me a cat, but alas I'm a poor non "founder" (too many bugs for my cash...as you can see) who just was able to purchase first horse @ 34 with 5g LOL.

All in all, I think people who are in good faith should not panic, as all this mess could be much less problematic than it sounds.
    For those who are not in good faith and are just using this as an excuse to obtain a refound (knowing that a wipe won't happen), because they feel that the dollars/euros spent on the game were not really worth it yeah, well.. they should have put a restraint on their impatience sooner and tried the game freely for a longer period of time before shelling out the cash.

They should shell this "shard", and launch the new class/races on a new shard quickly. Its the only way to safe face, once they fix the exploits in the T1 and AH. Respones in red to your bad ideas.
  • Options
    tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP is just another ******* who took advantage of exploits. F him, and F him hard. I want to see blood.
    Wipe the f'n servers.
  • Options
    vegas6614vegas6614 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    Who started this stuff about a wipe anyway? They said at the start there would be no wipes. They would lose a ton of players if they wiped after saying that. If there are exploits, they need to fix them, go after the abusers and call it a day.
  • Options
    pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    silveralan wrote: »
    And srsly,

Can't be bothered to read the rest of your post because you can't be bothered to type full words.
  • Options
    waiwarwaiwar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no wipe? bye bye neverwinter
  • Options
    unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A call for a wipe is ridiculous and over reaching. It would be different if the game's economy was already established but it is a new game so the economy is still adjusting. These exploits will not make a significant difference to the future of the game's economy. Cryptic will make it right. They have the data and logs, so they can delete the duped AD, ban the offenders, etc... Those saying that it's the end of the world are nothing but drama queens.
  • Options
    jdnycjdnyc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If they wipe, keep the level of the characters you made and refund all zen.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    vegas6614 wrote: »
    Who started this stuff about a wipe anyway? They said at the start there would be no wipes. They would lose a ton of players if they wiped after saying that. If there are exploits, they need to fix them, go after the abusers and call it a day.

DERP L2READ KID....

Update 12PM Pacific: We are still investigating the situation. There is a high likelihood that we will be performing character-specific rollbacks on any accounts that were found to be utilizing the exploit. Additionally, we are investigating the extent of what can additional steps can be taken to remove any illegitimately obtained Astral Diamonds that have entered into the economy. We are also investigating the possibility of a shard-wide rollback.

YOU CAN HAZ EXPLOIT NO MOAR KID STOP EXCUSE MAKE
  • Options
    valvexenvalvexen Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    They got you fools money, THE END.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    a call for a wipe is ridiculous and over reaching. It would be different if the game's economy was already established but it is a new game so the economy is still adjusting. These exploits will not make a significant difference to the future of the game's economy. Cryptic will make it right. They have the data and logs, so they can delete the duped ad, ban the offenders, etc... Those saying that it's the end of the world are nothing but drama queens.

so says another exploiter. F off kid!
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No wipes!

No Roll Backs!

No Bans!

Fix what needs to be fixed and move forward! That's it! Let it go people, play and enjoy the game and stop obsessing about what someone else may have done or may have gotten that you have not!
  • Options
    wildswannwildswann Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Chances are they will lose a certain amount of players wipe or no wipe... it's all about which type of players they can cope best with losing. When they said no wipes they hadn't envisioned this situation I'm guessing and other games have wiped before full release.
    I'm easy.... I'm fine if they wipe and I'm fine if they don't as long as they do react in some meaningful way towards the cheaters and fix the economy. The game will lose the most players imo if they allow this to slide with no consequence.
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The OP's post reads like a Nigerian scam e-mail. No thanks OP, your gold scamming days are over.;)

Wipe away for the cheaters, and heck, I wouldn't even mind a global wipe so long as it doesn't wipe Foundry content and gives everyone back any virtual money they paid real money for.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    tsalimonektsalimonek Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL for all of you guys . You think about fast fixes , bans , wipes etc. and you know what you get ? NEW ITEMS in ZEN store buaahha . why ? i read on different topic that most of exploits was reported in closed beta and they still exists in this "open beta" so devs are so dump or lazy to fix that , so why you expect that much from them ... sometimes i think that devs treated that game as perfect product and as long as cash will flow everything is fine and no fixes are necessary ...sadly but this is only truth i see right now.
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you folks understand that this exploit has been around since closed beta. Now I am a founder too. And I've spent money on zen myself. But there are going to be people missed on the mass bans. That's a guarantee. And are you going to ban people who paid $200 for the founders pack if they cheated? There's a lawsuit. So banning isnt going to be the answer. So you roll things back? How far exactly? 1 day, 1 week, 1 month? If you folks have a better solution I sure as hell would like to hear it.
  • Options
    qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    against full wipes aswell... it would break and screw up more then tis worth ( and no im nto "defending" myself - i started playing yesterday, im lvl 11).
  • Options
    ogaityogaity Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just want to play, with rollback and wipe or not.
    Put it back online.
  • Options
    llhaomarulllllhaomarulll Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    silveralan wrote: »
    It's a ridiculous idea that a wipe would be better than rollback.

Yes, we've seen the decreasing price of items in AH in the past few day.
    However, the reason for that is not the exploit and bugs, but the population of ppl who hit lv60 is increasing quickly.
    We can see that T2 items still stay at a high price level comparing to T1 items.

And srsly, there is nearly no bug in T1 dungeons.

That's why I can't understand why some ppl want a wipe.

For fair? I don't think so.

You have two reasons asking for a wipe.

Firstly, you want a wipe because a small number of ppl who used bug make you feel awful, since you play a common way.
    Secondly, those who sit on millions with their entering the game before you have more advantages than you.

The first reason is acceptable and looks so righteous. But if you ask for a wipe only for this, that would looks like you want to reset the world because some of them cheats in their lives.

The second reason is just about selfish and more ridiculous. You want to reset the world because ppl born before you.

That's just too naive.

Shut up exploiter and wipe now
  • Options
    wid0wmakerzwid0wmakerz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wiping won't do a **** bit of good unless they fix ALL these bugs/exploits people are talking about or it'll happen all over again when the servers come back up.

A roll back is all that's needed, back to before this all got out of hand with the AH and they'll sort everything else out.
  • Options
    unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    so says another exploiter. F off kid!

You know nothing about me and your childish behavior is evidence of some immaturity. Like many people, I've invested a lot of time and real money into the game, evidenced by my Founder's purchase. People are discussing an issue and providing opinions, yet you feel the need to name call and curse. Name calling is silly and shows lack of ability to discuss in a civilized manner.
  • Options
    awdeohawdeoh Member Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    Heh.. this is awesome. Everyone is labeling everyone else an exploiter, as though the entire exploiting community is here trying to fight for their right to keep their winnings.

Great job, all of you.

l.png
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Shut up exploiter and wipe now

You are not allowed to call people Exploiters. It is against the Forum Rules! You should apologize and edit your post.