test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The current situation, what would want them to do?

Comments

• stanleypain007stanleypain007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's no other choice here. A full wipe (with refund of zen/ad to people who legitimately purchased it) is the ONLY way to proceed.
  • haagen76haagen76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I say a complete wipe, in fact I'm not even bothering to return unless they do.
    And then the bigger question HAVE THEY EVEN FIXED IT!?
  • scalretdoomscalretdoom Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I heard this exploit was possible since the first day of the game. So we have no choice other than complete wipe. Otherwise, I'll just quit
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited May 2013
    If a rollback or a wipe were even remotely considered do you think that the servers would still be up ?

Apart from the forum fighters and the May registrants (who want to catch up to the headstart guys) there are thousands of players online and having fun.

The AH will be back, the exploiters will be banned, the economy will stabilize and in short time people will laugh about this "Do you remember back during beta....".

TL,DR This is not the end of the world, stop the tears.
  • fosslasfosslas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    haagen76 wrote: »
    I say a complete wipe, in fact I'm not even bothering to return unless they do.
    And then the bigger question HAVE THEY EVEN FIXED IT!?

they have taken the expoit away for now to sort it by all accounts hence ad market and gateway offline till it is fixed.
  • ledgicm8ledgicm8 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think a full wipe is needed. If they were to simply reverse -all- transactions since the start of the beta, then all the exploited AD/Zen is removed, and those that have made legitimate transactions would simply just re-do said transactions.

Pain in the ***, but it's better than a total wipe for all those that have stuck to the rules of the game.
  • bestcarrynabestcarryna Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    i for one really liked the game, despite the p2w factor of it. but at this point there has been to many exploits happening i don't even think a roll back or complete wipe will save this game from dieing. i'm really disappointed as i have spent quite a few bucks on NW as well.
    Kaenerys - Mindflayer - TR
  • kajakeenkajakeen Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    Calling people trolls (whether true or not) is against the rules, as per the sticky.

Oh the irony.

The guy called everyone here idiots, twice, but i guess that's fine? :)

Any way, this is derailing now, the guy is reported and ignored, we can move on.
  • brothertanbrothertan Member Posts: 12
    edited May 2013
    Server wipe if it was the only exploit I'd say rollback ,it's not though it's one of many.
    EDIT : Rollback is not punishment why do you see it that way it's beyond me.
  • stanleypain007stanleypain007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013

TL,DR This is not the end of the world, stop the tears.

In a game where the entire economy is funded by real world money, having an exploit of this caliber pretty much IS the end of the world. It's the equivalent of someone buying out all the stocks for all the companies on the stock exchange.
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The question is, can you rollback things far enough. And for those of us who bought zen for stuff that didnt use exploits. We still need refunded.
  • dethvirdethvir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have spent a lot of time and money playing this game and enjoy it very much. I however will not play if my character is wiped and I will expect every dollar I have spent in the Zen store refunded back not given a bunch of Zen. Rolling back the servers before the exploit went public imo is the best course of action or you will lose a lot of your hardcore players.
  • xaciusxacius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    Complete wipe, refund all zen purchases, guardian pack purchases, patch the Epic gear to be BoE unless crafted, and then get ready for a mass amount of chargebacks and outrage from promising no character wipes after the 25th of last month. Either way PWE at this point is in a very bad situation.

Rolling back the servers before the exploit went "public" changes nothing..it was in the game since day 1 and has been <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> the economy since day 1.
  • therealdysreltherealdysrel Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Complete wipe right now. Keep the investigated bans and change them to permaban. Refund Zen back to players from closed-beta, open-beta etc. Actually use the information found in bug/exploit reports to monitor the exploiting issues immediately, not three weeks later. Whatever is decided, I will still play.
    fs_overall.png
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pardexxx wrote: »
    COMPLETE WIPE!
    Obviously, with a good compensation for the honest players that spend money on ZEN and AD!

What would be good compensation for the headstart we paid for? Do we get a week to play on the servers before the rest can join in? Since i didn't exploit, i have to be punished too? What about lockboxes? Do we get the same results or reroll new chances at rare drops? Even if they refunded all my zen to zen again, that would probably not even be close enough if they did a wipe. I have two characters at level 60 (leveled through questing and dailies), with more lower, and the thought of having to re-do it all again so soon is just too much. I'd pretty much demand all the money spent in game back as money, not zen or AD. I also would probably not touch the game again for months or a year at least.

You want a wipe? Be the first to delete all your characters now to show the support.
  • naamapeikkonaamapeikko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Full wipe because I like fresh starts and this time I know what to do! Oh yeah and might help with the economy stuff too.
  • gridwardengridwarden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Once the toothpaste is out of the tube, it's hard to get it back in."

I'm in favor of a wipe, but give the founders bonus AD for every day of early access they paid for.
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited May 2013
    99.9% of the playerbase had no idea about this bug until 12 hours ago. Sure there was some damage before and I feel sorry for the individuals affected who had stuff bought for 1 AD or so, but in the grand scope it's minimal. But the current damage is minimal if you leave out the emotional distress - people who sold stuff on the AH got their AD, people who sold Zen got their AD.

The exploiters are being banned as we speak. The AH will soon be filled with new gear and items and people will buy Zen again. The AD that some lucky sellers got today from the AH sale will soon be back in the economy or disappear in AD sinks.
  • sirfrogsirfrog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    citi913 wrote: »
    New Servers solves the problem here again.

Unless the new server allows for full transfers (which may well defeat the purpose), it is equal to a wipe.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • tyber35ttyber35t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe the servers, I'm fine with re-rolling as long as there's a FULL REFUND the ZEN people have spent and perma-ban (IP and MAC Addy) the jerks that screwed everyone else over. This is assuming they actually fix the problem and not put a bandage on it.
  • kaerthuskaerthus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Full economy wipe!

Erase all zen/ADs from all accounts, and give legit Zen back and refund founders ADs. Then give a base ammount of ADs, based on per days played, character lvl and leadership lvl etc.

Also make all Epic gear BoA, that way no current epic gear can be re-sold, and bans of course.

EDIT also delete all zen store-bought items, including cats and so forth.
  • caitatoniccaitatonic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    99.9% of the playerbase had no idea about this bug until 12 hours ago. Sure there was some damage before and I feel sorry for the individuals affected who had stuff bought for 1 AD or so, but in the grand scope it's minimal. But the current damage is minimal if you leave out the emotional distress - people who sold stuff on the AH got their AD, people who sold Zen got their AD.

The exploiters are being banned as we speak. The AH will soon be filled with new gear and items and people will buy Zen again. The AD that some lucky sellers got today from the AH sale will soon be back in the economy or disappear in AD sinks.

Yeah, I think it's hilarious that they're suggesting a full wipe based on the exploit being around since day 1. Sure, it may have been around until then, but if it wasn't learned about until today, what effect did it really have on the economy until the average joes started taking advantage of it and it became public knowledge? If you're claiming you knew about it SINCE day 1, then it's on you for not reporting it. If you're overreacting about it being around for that period of time based on knowledge you just gained, then it clearly had no effect on you and you should be satisfied with the prospect of a 24-48 hour rollback.

Obviously only a handful of people were doing it before, so do the rollback and deal with the other individually.
  • kr0owekr0owe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Wipe would be the best, then give back zen (bought by irl money), AD and other items from the founders packs, maybe even let us keep charakter lvls, proffession lvls and other things we may have accomplished like completed quests, titles and achievements but not a must.

Wipe should be soon so not to much time pass by.

Btw, will it even be a rollback?
  • sirkimjongsirkimjong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    Logged in for this.

I have mixed feelings about this poll. I'd somewhat like a character wipe and zen refund, I don't mind getting myself back to 60 (GWF 8,9K GS right now). But then again, this was their mistake, why do I have to suffer? I voted for the wipe in the end though.
  • runicfirunicfi Member Posts: 269 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you're gonna do a full wipe, you better have very good compensation for people who leveled several characters to lvl60 and used wast amounts of time and dedication to grinding them to 10k+ gearscore.

I'd be all for the wipe if I just had some lvl20-30 toons around, I can pull that off in 2 hours or so. 60 + full epic + gearscore, not so fast. For example, I would've bought all my respecs for nothing in essence, since the character I used them on would be no more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ziisdksdziisdksd Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Doing a complete character wipe after all these exploit fixes, would severely help the game grow. If there's one thing they need to do right, it's this. Everything spent on zen / founders packs should be refunded or given back to the accounts after wipe.
    edited May 2013
    So if they wipe I take it the Hero of the North Founders get a 5 day earlier access to the wiped servers before anyone else is let in.
  • midnightrider55midnightrider55 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sirkimjong wrote: »
    Logged in for this.

I have mixed feelings about this poll. I'd somewhat like a character wipe and zen refund, I don't mind getting myself back to 60 (GWF 8,9K GS right now). But then again, this was their mistake, why do I have to suffer? I voted for the wipe in the end though.

Suffer? It's a game.
  • rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they wipe servers people are saying they won't play anymore.
    So wipe away, because not playing a game you can't get your time invested in back, makes no sense.
    This has screwed the game totally and ruined it.
    So you have lost that time invested already.
    Playing another game won't get the time back, leaving the game as it is, won't get your time back wasted.
    I wish people would think outside of the box before throwing there toys out of their pram.
    The only way they can fix this, imo, is refund people's zen they have bought, make a rollback by 24hrs (where the exploit got out of hand) start a new server and let people start again if they want.
    Those who want to continue on the broken servers can, but the majority I am guessing would want to start again.
    At least it gives us the players a choice of what's to happen.
    It would be the same as a wipe, but not cause as much damage imo.
  • rainger2rainger2 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A full wipe and giving people the original amount of ZEN that they purchased through the website (they must have the transaction history) is the only option.