test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What if I spend Zen on a toons bank space/mounts before beta wipes?

rhayzedrhayzed Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi just curious. Not thinking ahead I bought a bunch of bank space and an astral hunter mount with Zen. I am reading about character wipes before launch. What will happen to that real money I spent on things in this game? Am I out the 70 + bucks I dumped into it?
Post edited by rhayzed on

Comments

• startuxstartux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    rhayzed wrote: »
    Hi just curious. Not thinking ahead I bought a bunch of bank space and an astral hunter mount with Zen. I am reading about character wipes before launch. What will happen to that real money I spent on things in this game? Am I out the 70 + bucks I dumped into it?

Are you reading from the old closed beta? There is no character wipes from Open Beta on out, unless something makes it unavoidable.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    There are no plans for another wipe.

Where are you reading that there will be another wipe?
  • jdnycjdnyc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No wipes. There is a contingent in the community that wants wipes due to rampant exploiting that has led to an erratic market. Cryptic/PWE is taking measures against that now. To what extent and how their actions will impact the game and player base remains to be seen.
  • rhayzedrhayzed Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just had run a search on astral diamonds and then read that all founder pack items/diamonds would be reset after the wipe. I figured this was taking place before live. Could be old closed beta threads. Im a complete **** to this game been at DDO exclusively for the last 7 years.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Yeah those must have been the Closed Beta threads.

Welcome to Neverwinter! :)
  • jdnycjdnyc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I just had run a search on astral diamonds and then read that all founder pack items/diamonds would be reset after the wipe. I figured this was taking place before live. Could be old closed beta threads. Im a complete **** to this game been at DDO exclusively for the last 7 years.

Make sure you check out the Foundry ;)
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013

What wipe? They have clearly stated that all sales are final and that there will be no wipe between open beta and full launch.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rhayzedrhayzed Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What wipe? They have clearly stated that all sales are final and that there will be no wipe between open beta and full launch.

Some of the others cleared this up already a few posts up. As for clearly stating ...atm nothing is clear to me lol. Im in nube mode.....still running around trying to figure out how to claim my astral diamonds from purchasing the founders pack. Will probably take me some time for things to be clear.
    edited May 2013
    Some of the others cleared this up already a few posts up. As for clearly stating ...atm nothing is clear to me lol. Im in nube mode.....still running around trying to figure out how to claim my astral diamonds from purchasing the founders pack. Will probably take me some time for things to be clear.

3rd button at the top of the UI AD exchange button. Promo claim. It goes to a specific character, unlike zen which is account based. Make sure you want that AD on that character before claiming. There's a way around getting AD to another character, but it's a little more involved.
    edited May 2013
    jdnyc wrote: »
    3rd button at the top of the UI AD exchange button. Promo claim. It goes to a specific character, unlike zen which is account based. Make sure you want that AD on that character before claiming. There's a way around getting AD to another character, but it's a little more involved.

You da man! Ive been systematically talking to every npc and scratching my head!
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are no plans for another wipe.

Where are you reading that there will be another wipe?

This is the answer I've been looking for. :) Thank you so much for confirming this for us.