test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What kinds of companions would you like to see next?

baldurandalbaldurandal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The title says it. What kinds of companions would you like to see in future updates?

I'de like to see more unique, non-animal, non-human companions. Currently we can have a kobold and wererat companion (which is awesome, by the way), but how about our own skeletal minion? How about our own miscievious imp? A well designed drow wizard, maybe? (White eyebrows with black hair?! Bluh!)

Those are just a few kinds of companions I would love to see available at the zen store, or, even better, the companion vendor. What about you?

News:
- The tomb spider, one of the third most requested companions (and also the very first requested companion in this thread), is now available in the Zen Market! (Click here for the official announcement.)

Top most requested companions:
- Miniature giant space hamster.
- Gelatinous cube.
- Rust monster. (Click here for picture.)
- Pseudodragon.
- Skeleton.
- Dragon. (Also suggested as mount.)

Second most requested:
- The Luggage. (Not so lore-friendly, but is still one of the most requested companions.)
- Mindflayer.
- Zombie.

Third most requested:
- Kobold bard.
- Archer (of any race?).
- - Giant and swarm of rats.
- Efreet.
- Melee cleric (of any race?).
- Imp.
- Displacer beast.
- Snake.
- Cloaker. (Click here for picture.)
- Bat.
- Djinn.
- Mephit.
- Squirrel.
- Will'o'wisp.
- Ghost (originally in closed beta. Click here for specifics.)
- Iron golem.
- Beholder.
- Chimera. (Also suggested as mount.)
- Unicorn. (Also suggested as mount. Click here for thumperrr's very specific details.)
- Drider.
- Spider (general?).
- Monkey.

Other requests:
- Dragonborn.
- Water elemental.
- Eyeball. (Click here for specifics.)
- Gnome bard. (Healer and buffer.)
- Bard. (Of any race? Click here for specifics.)
- - Half-elf and human ranger.
- - - - - Eagle/falcon, imp/quasit, warlock/sorcerer, spider and dragon wyrmling. (Click here for specifics.)
- Firesoul genasi warlock.
- Wood elf druid.
- Kelemvor avenger.
- Gnoll (named Fippy Darkpaw).
- Halfling thief. (Suggested to collect treasure as he or she follows you.)
- Flumph.
- Floating book. (Click here for specifics.)
- Anteater.
- Sloth.
- - - - - Warforged Captain, shadar-kai assassin, iron cobra, helmed horror and flameskull.
- Owl.
- Crawling hands. (Click here for picture.)
- Panda. (Healer.)
- Nathyrra.
- Rancor.
- - Dwarf rogue (with eye patch and missing tooth) and aasimar paladin.
- Tressym. (Click here for picture.)
- Gryphon.
- Hell hound
- Succubus (and other demons).
- Pig.
- Bladeling (tank). (Click here for picture.)
- Death mantle. (Click here for picture.)
- Faerie.
- Claptrap.
- Frog.
- Turtle.
- Tarrasque. (Click here for specifics.)
- Mini rogue (of any race?).
- Mimic. (Suggested to pick up treasure as it follows you. Also suggested as extra storage.)
- Kobold scourge warlock.
- - - - - - - - - - - - Genie, erinyes, werefox, nymph, remorhaz, vampire, moon dog, fey, invisible stalker, dire warthog, living chair and goblin ranger.
- - - - - Fox/kitsune, cat-girl (female shifter?), swarm of bugs, goldfish in a bubble and butterfly(s).
- Female shifter.
- - -Hodded hunter elf, menacing wisp and forefather ghost.
- - Stone golem and fire or frost giant.
- Warlock (of any race?).
- Intellect devourer.
- Kobold union worker. (Suggested to carry extra storage (and complain a lot).)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - Dwarf cleric, tiefling wizard, half-orc great weapon fighter, half-elf guardian fighter, pixie, sprite, githyanki, githzerai, air/earth/fire/water archons and duergar rebel.
- - - - - - - Armored white tiger, t-rex, velociraptor (spelling?), devil hound, cerberus, burning skeleton and poison axe.
- Ferret.
- Female yuan-ti swordsman. (Click here for specifics.)
- Yaun-ti battlemind.
- - - Erinyes, advespa and gem dragon hatchling.
- Doppleganger.
- Parrot. (Suggested to rest on your shoulder and repeat what you say in chat.)
- Drow ranger.

I apologize if the ordering is messed up. There are just a lot of requests to catch up on... Please let me know of any inconsistencies.

Thank you for reading, and good fortune to you in your current and future endeavors.
"Just keep moving." - Lara Croft
Post edited by baldurandal on

Comments

• xxhumorxxxxhumorxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    A useful one.
  • baldurandalbaldurandal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    xxhumorxx wrote: »
    A useful one.

You don't think the cleric companion is useful? She's one of the most useful ones, as far as I've seen.
  • thekaras1982thekaras1982 Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    xxhumorxx wrote: »
    A useful one.

Or at least one that knows when to get away from a powerful attack unlike my cleric that just holds her symbol at the foe, and looking pretty (stupid).
    Yes, I play a Great Weapon Fighter, and I tend to keep it that way ... till the Ranger or Monk comes in. :)
  • psireaverpsireaver Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to see the tomb spider return.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    Angel of Protection on the cash shop. :)
  • baldurandalbaldurandal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    psireaver wrote: »
    I'd like to see the tomb spider return.

Oh! A spider companion sounds cool. And now, looking at your icon, I would like to see a mindflayer (spelling?) companion, though I'm not sure how that would work with lore in consideration.
  • wolfheartazwolfheartaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You don't think the cleric companion is useful? She's one of the most useful ones, as far as I've seen.

Not mine, she cant get past lvl 15 :)
  • kazen425kazen425 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any companion that is does not requires Zen. But the upgrade tomes is more important.
  • kinsaedakinsaeda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A dragonborn something or other, just to get them into the setting even if they're not going to be a pc race for awhile.

I would like our companions to be nothing more than stats and a class/skill type and it let us create their visuals, at least with those companions that are also pc races.
  • bman1978bman1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    How about a water elemental. We have fire, earth and air but i don't see any water based creatures.

oh and Ash from Army of Darkness with his quotes. that would be perfect.
    valor.png
    Moonshadow Drow Cleric, Mr. Pickles Human Control Wizard, Ogre Hafling Guardian Fighter
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Zombie !!!!!!!!!
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a mini rogue
    edited May 2013
    tcarnce wrote: »
    a mini rogue

Can you be a little more specific than that?
  • granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Eyeball: An eyeball is a Tiny beholderkin with four eyestalks; they are popular familiars in some wizardly and sorcerous circles."
  • jamezwithazjamezwithaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    A Gelatinous Cube Controller pet that has the suction and slow like the one in that dungeon :cool: !!!
  • maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A healer pls!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • evilkinglarryevilkinglarry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Rust Monster. I very much so want a rust monster companion...
  • auferoaufero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mephits. Blur (maybe as a deflect bonus buff, in this setting?) with a minor breath weapon it uses on things that get near the owner.
    edited May 2013
    A Gelatinous Cube Controller pet that has the suction and slow like the one in that dungeon :cool: !!!

What the heck is a "Gelatinous Cube Controller?"
    Rust Monster. I very much so want a rust monster companion...

Can you be a little more specific? What does this rust monster look like?
  • evilkinglarryevilkinglarry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Can you be a little more specific? What does this rust monster look like?

Rust_Monster.JPG

Rust-Monster.jpg
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I want my very own Gelatinous Cube! and I would like to choose the color of it.
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A kobold bard that heals and buffs.
  • jamezwithazjamezwithaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    l1d3n wrote: »
    I want my very own Gelatinous Cube! and I would like to choose the color of it.

Make it happen PW!
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Overall, I'd like to have companion AI touched up a bit - the cleric and wizard companions, specifically, should *avoid* being in melee w/ enemies.

Having said that, some more buffer/support companions would be good:
    1. A bard - he can take out a lute and play a quick song to buff your stats or provide a long duration, but lower power, HoT or buff to offense/defense/stats.
    2. An archer that can do things like laying down suppressing fire to slow or otherwise weaken enemies.
    3. A melee cleric that emits a sort of close-range healing or buffing aura.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The title says it. What kinds of companions would you like to see in future updates?

I'de like to see more unique, non-animal, non-human companions. Currently we can have a kobold and wererat companion (which is awesome, by the way), but how about our own skeletal minion? How about our own miscievious imp? A well designed drow wizard, maybe? (White eyebrows with black hair?! Bluh!)

Those are just a few kinds of companions I would love to see available at the zen store, or, even better, the companion vendor. What about you?

What others have listed so far:

1. Tomb spider.
    Don't know what the characterisitics are for this
    2. Dragonborn.
    Wrong game
    3. Water elemental.
    Would have love one for the fire giants
    4. Ash from Army of Darkness.
    You lost me on this one dude
    5. Zombie.
    You have got to be kidding. What zombie can fight for ten minutes and keep it's form?
    6. Eyeball. (Click here for specifics.)
    Didn't read the post but from what I remember, these are baby beholders. That would be cool!
    8. Gelatinous Cube.
    Hate these
    9. Rust monster. (Click here for specifics.)
    If done right, their specific magic takes too long to be of any use.
    10. Kobold bard.
    Umm, Kobolds are sword fodder, and making them bards means that they are two shot foes instead of one shot. Not really an improvement.
    Thank you for reading, and good fortune to you in your current and future endeavors.

The text needed since in-line replies don't count.
    edited May 2013
    clannamuir wrote: »

It's up to the posters for specifics. Whatever information the posters do not share, the developers can fill in the blanks. Also, dragonborn is a race within the Forgotten Realms. And I added Ash to the list just so the developers could possibly design a character based off him, not to copy him into the game.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Half elf Ranger
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clannamuir wrote: »

FYI "Dragonborn" in D&D are not the same as the one from Skyrim...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Not mine, she cant get past lvl 15 :)
    Sorry for the double post.

I have a cleric as a second companion and have found her useful at level 60. I'm a TR with reduced threat (one of the TR's feats). I know that when I agro mobs, they will go straight for her. So, I make sure she's next to me, throw daggers at mods, mobs go for cleric, I throw smoke bomb and clear mobs. She usually lives through it.
  • bori4bori4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    I'd like a level 30 cleric :D
    Bori - Renegade Drow - 40 Trickster Rogue - Mindflayer
    Elocin - Renegade Drow - 39 Devoted Cleric of Selune - Mindflayer

Looking for some Dust of Forum Troll Disappearance
    ? Sprinkle this on any troll to phase shift them out of your plane of existence. ;)