test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Legend of Adlez - Dungeon 1 (Quest)

thesecondseventhesecondseven Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Search Code - NW-DDZ6NDJ9W
Average Duration - 20 Minutes

This is my first go at the Foundry with the goal to recreate a classic childhood video game memory.

In game description:

"A dungeon from your childhood is back in 3D!

Princess Adlez has been captured, but before she was, she shattered her Wisdom into 9 fragments to keep it out of the hands of her captors.

One of those fragments is in this dungeon. Explore its many rooms, finding treasure to help you with your adventure.

Unlock doors, blow up walls, push columns! What else would be more fun?"

The quest itself is just has one objective: Beat the Boss. It is up to you to figure out where he is and how to get there.

If this sounds like fun please have a go at it and let me know what you think. Post any quest you would like me to review as well.

Thanks!

Quests To Review: Waiting for any!

Quests Reviewed: NW-DFJR2DOH6
Post edited by thesecondseven on

Comments

• thesecondseventhesecondseven Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Added that I am looking for any review trading. Thanks in advance!
  • zelrantzelrant Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sure, I'll take a look at yours. Kindly take a look at mine too, it's my first foundry and I really want some feedbacks. :D Thanks in advance!

NW-DFJR2DOH6 - The Epic: Secrets of Shiganshina
    edited May 2013
    I checked yours out and it was very well made! All the fun dialog makes my explore dungeon feel empty!

I especially enjoyed the priestess of the moon!
  • zelrantzelrant Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks, as for yours, I just finished it. Here's what I think:

Pros:
    -There's a variety of "Keys", which makes the dungeon less repetitive.
    -Good dungeon atmosphere, you can really get lost if it wasn't for the map from the game itself.
    -The boss fight was challenging, he really seemed like a boss. Unlike the final boss of my quest.
    -Fans of dungeon crawlers will especially like it.

Cons:
    -The rooms were too big for me, that it felt kind of empty.
    -There's only one npc, and he didn't matter that much.
    -Some people may find the mechanics tedious. (Clear out mobs first, before the key)
    -I had no idea what some of the items were for.
    -There's no sound, although I think it's due to some issues with the foundry itself.
    -The door before the final boss is bugged, you open the door first before you use the key.

Overall, it was pretty decent. Could still use some work, but it's good considering that this is your first foundry map. Good job!
    edited May 2013
    Great feedback thanks!

I agree with all of your points. I built it staying strict to the original it is based on but I think to make it a more enjoyable experience for all participants I should add some of my own elements to fill in the gaps.

The large rooms were the only ones that fit the style of the original dungeon but a downgrade to medium should be a big improvement.

The boomerang and bow & arrow items were just for flavor but I will add something to give each a purpose.

Thanks again.
    edited May 2013
    Completed a room size revamp last night.

Looking for people's quests to review trade and run tonight when I get home.
  • lostchartalostcharta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Reviewed:

Decent maze/puzzle quest. As people have stated before the rooms are kind of big and without many detail pieces they can get a bit samey.

The old man at the beginning says something along the lines of "told me something I refused want to acknowledged". You probably meant either "refused to acknowledge" or "didn't want to acknowledge".

Some of the enemies have been re-skinned in a weird way. Case in point the spiders reskinned as wererats. The wererats don't have the correct animation so it looks a bit strange.

The boss at the end was very impressive.

With more paths, puzzles and a few changes (most of which you've already noted) this could be a really good map.

NW-DIRYOWUKYNW-DPXB42EEH
    The Linkwell CryptThe Linkwell Vault

@lostcharta
    solo campaign, balanced
    review thread
    edited May 2013
    Fixed the weird skins. They were caused by change the encounter type of an encounter which I didn't realize left the skins of the original encounter. Same happened with some drown to lizard folk.

I am working on adding some details and flavor to each room, thanks for that suggestion!

Looking for more people to review trade with.
  • pavvopavvo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can get a bit lenghty. Add a few mini-bosses? The quest items part was awesome! Really breaks the trend of the normal hack-and-grind. But I had too much loot from the random trash that I didn't have enough space for quest items!
    Great quest overall!

Thanks for reviewing my dungeon too!
    The Tale of the 3 Suns - NWS-DA9XX8WIV
    #1: 3 Suns Aligned NW-DFEKZANXF
    #2: The Amulet of the Shining Sun NW-DRKKGUI26
    #2 has choices that give a high amount of replayability

The Legend of Khyber - NWS-DK33EIYMY
    #1: The Holy Symbol of Khyber NW-DU3HEVWJ7
    #2: The Gauntlets of Khyber NW-DN0006FAZ
    Heavy combat/light story
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the suggestion. I am going to work on details and mini bosses for some items right now.

Also looking for some foundry quests to run tonight, so post ones you would like me to review and give mine a try.
  • slaidzslaidz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'll give yours a go.
  • suketoudarasuketoudara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I played your quest.
    I think we have same goal.
    I want to make classic dungeon like you too.
    plaese play my quest.

Small dungeon exploration
    NW-DJME433VH

I want to make more big one.
    But I afraid that such type quest is not popular.
  • slaidzslaidz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I thought it was okay. My biggest gripe was that the rooms were so large and there was nothing in them. Very little detail and the exploration wasn't really there either. It was fairly linear, but again, the rooms being so large made it seem longer than it really was. You should also let players know they have to clear entire rooms for chests to appear as I was trying to be stealthy and avoid combat only to find out that I needed to kill everything.

Also, maybe move the campfire to someplace else so access to it is easier. One "bug" I found was that one of the invisible walls in front of a door was too far out and should be closer to the door. This door is the one located in the room with the red floating portal. You should also change the names of all the enemies to add flavor to the quest. I did like the monster variety though.

Overall I gave it a 3/5.