test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T2 Boss Fights are almost Impossible! "I feel like Quiting"

alacardias1alacardias1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited January 2014 in PvE Discussion
First of all, I have been playing MMORPGs for a while. Conducted Raids on Vanilla WoW with 40 men. But, I have never ever had to deal with so many issues in just Epic Dungeons like these.

The group I just went with inside of a T2 dungeon got all the way to the boss without any issues. No wipes a few deaths but nothing to worry about. But, when we got to the boss fight; it seemed like none of us had gear to even try.

Cryptic, if your goal was to make a game that is so difficult that gamers do not enjoy; you have achieved your goal.

If there is no change on scaling down the boss fights in the next patches, seems that I will have to find another game!
Post edited by alacardias1 on

Comments

• charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From what I've seen you pretty much have to cheese the victories. Knockbacks off ledges ext.
  • rycegamingrycegaming Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    2 clerics, 2 rogues, 1 wizard. Now you win.
  • klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels like this. For a while I was blaming myself, I thought I must be a really bad player. But I'm starting to see more and more threads like this complaining about the game's difficulty, so now I'm feeling a bit better :)
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well yeah the "efficient" groups basically mostly cheat by either dragging bosses to the spawn point and zerging them or separating them from adds, or by pushing enemies over cliffs and things like that...also jumping over walls to not be blocked from the fight etc etc etc...
  • okitsunegaokitsunega Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well it's possible that T2 still needs some tuning - since I imagine there hasn't been very much reliable data on how the difficulty scales. Then again it's also possible that they just require better gear than what people currently have. It's also possible that you've just simply hit the pay-wall and need to be more liberal with cash shop to advance. While I'm sure at this point there still exist some exploit-y solutions to boss-fights, it's unlikely those will be a very long lasting option.
  • cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We just did proper runs in T2 tonight normally i would do the 2 clerics 2 tr 1 cw group make up Double Astral shield ftw. But wanted to try our hand at a proper make up. So we had a DPS spec'ed GF who is able to still hold good agro, CW and GWF and then me as a TR we are all about 8.6 to 9.8k GS and we had no problem clearning Red dragon, Spider, and DV. I'm sure by the time we get all of us over 10k GS this will be easy mode... Now not saying this is perfect group but avoiding stuff but still staying in AS is key and knights valor is crazy... I did find this run ALOT more fun then the 2 DC 2 TR 1 CW group make up.
  • shuleaghshuleagh Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love how people are whining about being able to knock enemies off ledges. Its just hilarious. I mean, wtf do you think a knockback is for? If you want, tank a boss right next to a ledge and then have him land an aoe knockback on you and insta kill you just like you did his adds. Is the boss exploiting too? What a joke.

Generally from my about a week of experience doing 60 epics all groups fail because of poor play. Not adds, not game mechanics not anything else but their own inexperience and failings. This game demands everyone in the party contribute. Which is a really really good thing. Besides a good number of feats,skills,items not working as advertised PvE in this game is great.
  • churchilligcchurchilligc Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I've done all of T2 without pulling stuff back or relying on knockbacks, generally it's just to speed the run up.

Epic Dread Vault and Castle Never are a different story.
  • xaradevriesxaradevries Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most of the boss fights are extremely boring and uninteresting with no unique mechanics to them whatsoever. The boss telegraphs a cone, line, area, or PBAE attack that does a lot of damage, and lots of adds keep spawning.

The ones that actually differ and have some interesting things about them (like the brain, that big oturgh, etc.) tend to have *agonizing* levels of health. I do NOT enjoy 15+ minute fights where the very real possibility of failure at any moment exists. I spent about an hour past what I expected to the other day simply due to the length of the fight, trying to down the end boss. I remember this being a problem in several skirmishes along the way; I forget which one it was - assaulting up some broken castle across rope bridges and the like - but it was a ridiculous amount of health on what is a completely boring encounter. My god, and I even did it a 2nd time thanks to the daily incrementing to two, and we ended up losing a dps along the way and doing it with 4 people.

These aren't interesting mechanics at all. I enjoyed the *concept* of the Oturgh boss - the adds being knocked off, but being empowered if near the boss, makes for some more interest than normal, but still. Even that "knock the adds off while fighting the boss' idea gets reused several times as a CORE COMPONENT - the spider queen portion makes this essential as well.
  • rammanosrammanos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly I'm really annoyed at how bad end game is. Perfect World's idea of throwing in more and more NPCs to make the game harder is the stupidest idea I have ever heard. It's really a shame because I expected something better from them.
  • spikespirespikespire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    take perfectly cooked bacon, throw it off cliff or Iron Maiden, boss will kill him/herself for the last taste of bacon, ????, Profit.
    NWsig_zps2f8df234.png
    ZRcH2.gif .gif .gif
    "You know you wanna fondle my dragons."
  • saviorgunsaviorgun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you lead 40 man raids in vanilla WoW and then think this game is hard I am very glad I was not in your guild. These fights are incredibly easy and kind of boring honestly.

Also my group does not cheese bosses or knock stuff off edges. Nor do we do anything stupid like kite and kill no adds and then only kill them after boss.
    Rhek-60 GWF <Folklore>. "Rheking" damage meters since launch. Follow my streamwww.mmominds.com
  • penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I actually like it like this, not so easy but not impossibly hard. I especially like the fight with the pit lord on LoTMDragon t2 if you're with a pug, you have to get together to DPS the boss, then when he's spawn enough/too much imps, you have to tell your thief to get out and cloud of steel the boss first until you sweep the adds. then when the erinyeses come you have to kill them one by one to safely prevent their healing spell or have the GF taunt them and surge them off the nearby edge.
  • jaguar74jaguar74 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If people want imposible dungeons? why not create your own foundry extra difficult and leave normal to be able to solo?
    Why solo? take a good guess.
  • byonahbyonah Member Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    They are not impossible at all, its honestly a learn to play issue.

We've done all the dungeons with any group setup. In fact, we recently tried this 2 clerics setup for the first time last night, and to be honest that needs to be fixed asap because it is trivializing content, you can literally stand in 90%+ of red in this game as long as you have 2 shields.

The only exceptions as someone else said are last boss in Castle Never and Dread Vault. For the record, every boss in Castle Never besides last boss was 1-2 shot by our group with 1 cleric 1 tank 2 rogues 1 cw, its that easy. Later on when we tried them with 2 clerics i can honestly say solo questing is harder than those 3 bosses.

So for the love of god do not say it is impossible just because you cant do it, if it has been done by the majority that makes it not impossible. Don't ruin this game.
  • churchilligcchurchilligc Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Doing content with 2 TR is also making it pretty trivial. Very few of the T2 bosses/mini-bosses don't go down in less than 60s with 2 TRs.

I really don't have a problem with the way anyone chooses to do a dungeon, whether it be knocking off adds, using 2 shields, running super CC/DPS, what have you. If they did change the way shields work, you'd still see 2 cleric setups just separate circles with a different cleric in each (so that they are receiving full benefits from the healing).
  • feargxfeargx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    First of all, I have been playing MMORPGs for a while. Conducted Raids on Vanilla WoW with 40 men. But, I have never ever had to deal with so many issues in just Epic Dungeons like these.

The group I just went with inside of a T2 dungeon got all the way to the boss without any issues. No wipes a few deaths but nothing to worry about. But, when we got to the boss fight; it seemed like none of us had gear to even try.

Cryptic, if your goal was to make a game that is so difficult that gamers do not enjoy; you have achieved your goal.

If there is no change on scaling down the boss fights in the next patches, seems that I will have to find another game!

Find a guild and try do the harder content with geared players. By geared I mean Rank 5 or higher slotted enchantments, proper spec, low ping, communications etc.

These dungeons are tier 2, they are designed to be harder and punishing for improper gear management or spec.

I spent weeks trying to clear heroics in WoW back in the day with friends, they were brutal. But god were they fun, and you learn from it.

If you absolutely can't join a guild, spam run some tier 1, get some tokens, and get the absolute BiS tier 1 / 1.5 gear so then you have a nice healthy 9k++ Gearscore before touching tier 2. Make sure your specs fine, polished, and overall step up the game.

It's meant to be hard, and yes people can say other classes use cheaper tactics to win, but they coordinate just like anyone else would. There's plenty of every class of every player clearing tier 2.

You just need to put in more effort man, that's what I think.

My 2c.
    Profile name / Ingame handle: @FearGXxD
    Shard: Mindflayer
    Characters: Grim, Rune, Holy, Ruin - If the name isn't the @FearGXxD handle, it's not me! =)
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The one thing that puzzles me is, if there are that many npcs waiting for the boss to call on...why not just put them at the instance door? Pirate King would live happily ever after if the first pull in his dungeon was 40 mobs. Poor resource management from npcs all around.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
    edited May 2013
    byonah wrote: »
    They are not impossible at all, its honestly a learn to play issue.

We've done all the dungeons with any group setup. In fact, we recently tried this 2 clerics setup for the first time last night, and to be honest that needs to be fixed asap because it is trivializing content, you can literally stand in 90%+ of red in this game as long as you have 2 shields.

The only exceptions as someone else said are last boss in Castle Never and Dread Vault. For the record, every boss in Castle Never besides last boss was 1-2 shot by our group with 1 cleric 1 tank 2 rogues 1 cw, its that easy. Later on when we tried them with 2 clerics i can honestly say solo questing is harder than those 3 bosses.

So for the love of god do not say it is impossible just because you cant do it, if it has been done by the majority that makes it not impossible. Don't ruin this game.

I don't want to group, why? loot/reward is garbage if I group.
    I could solo dungeons if I was 5 levels higher, but now it's garbage.
    I don't want those millions of spawns at a boss fights.

And I don't have learn issue by the way.
    And greiffers now have more chance to greif, thank you very much perfect world for that.
    edited May 2013
    Doing content with 2 TR is also making it pretty trivial. Very few of the T2 bosses/mini-bosses don't go down in less than 60s with 2 TRs.

I really don't have a problem with the way anyone chooses to do a dungeon, whether it be knocking off adds, using 2 shields, running super CC/DPS, what have you. If they did change the way shields work, you'd still see 2 cleric setups just separate circles with a different cleric in each (so that they are receiving full benefits from the healing).

I'd bring a tank instead of 2nd cleric when they fix it. There are tanks that can actually tank in this game, they are few though. They also give nice support debuffs and stuff.
    edited May 2013
    jaguar74 wrote: »
    I don't want to group, why? loot/reward is garbage if I group.
    I could solo dungeons if I was 5 levels higher, but now it's garbage.

Its designed for groups...
  • leshil40leshil40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rycegaming wrote: »
    2 clerics, 2 rogues, 1 wizard. Now you win.

Exactly why this game only has three classes you can play right now.
  • adevlin1991adevlin1991 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    I've cleared everything bar the last boss of Castle Never (way overtuned and I cba throwing adds off a cliff for 40minutes), and the last boss of Dread Vaults (bonfires don't work and boss drops no loot, so again cba).

Our group consists of GF, DC, CW, CW, TR. We have done every fight by either having the tank on the boss and the rest of the group on add duty until the tank + occasional attacks from the dps kills the boss. Or we have the cleric kite the adds with the CW's killing ranged adds and everyone else on the boss to kill it before the cleric gets overran.

The fights in this game are a joke, they are all the same encounter with different models:
    Boss - easy to avoid melee attack, easy to avoid circles and cones.
    Adds - spawn on a timer, and also spawn at set % of the bosses HP, normally a big wave on the pull and at 66% and 33%.

If your group is capable of chaining CC properly, smoke bomb>steal time>steal time> singularity > smoke bomb, etc. Adds barely get a chance to do an attack and they all melt to the sustained aoe dps of the rogue and CW's.
  • leshil40leshil40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Lose the GF, then you will win the game...
  • demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    leshil40 wrote: »
    Lose the GF, then you will win the game...

Cleared all DC, CW, GF, TR, CW alot of fights are harder if you can't move around and rely on the stacked DC Astral. x2 Cleric is a crutch you don't need.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • rammanosrammanos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Adding more and more NPCs to a boss fight does not make a good game.
    edited May 2013
    byonah wrote: »
    Its designed for groups...

There should be rp server for high difficulty, normal servers should be for normal difficulty.
    RP server should be as difficult in open world as it was in dungeons on normal servers one week before this change, and dungeons should be harder on RP servers.
    If anyone who want to play on extra hard mode? they'd be joining RP server.
    Don't make this garbage play for everyone.
  • christdeathchristdeath Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Edited.

Sorry.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes dungeons are to hard but i doubt they will nerf them, they wonted game to be hard btw think there could be nerf coming for 2xdc team since game become lot more easy then
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    For how much people tend to hate the dragon dungeons before 60, Mad Dragon and Red dragon fights are probably the only sane epic end bosses.

How ****ty are the rest of the bosses when Mad Dragon ends up being kinda awesome?
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
This discussion has been closed.