test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Endgame

icycolddicycoldd Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
What is endgame like in Neverwinter? I tried looking through the FAQ sticky but didn't see anything specifically on endgame.
Post edited by icycoldd on

Comments

• rycegamingrycegaming Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    Grind T2 dungeons and sell in AH. That's all you do.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    create cool foundry campaigns and enjoy the ones from others
    edited May 2013
    which lvl 60 don't even do.
  • flaminggnatsflaminggnats Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rycegaming wrote: »

I have a level 60 and I do foundry quests. Speak for yourself.
    Have a foundry quest you want tested? Let me know on the forums or in-game. Username is @verranicus1.
    edited May 2013
    I have a level 60 and I do foundry quests. Speak for yourself.

ur sig explains it all LOL
  • flaminggnatsflaminggnats Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ur sig explains it all LOL

Explains what? That you're wrong? I agree.
    Have a foundry quest you want tested? Let me know on the forums or in-game. Username is @verranicus1.
  • fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have 2 level 60s and I play the foundry aswell. Guess rycegaming was really wrong. I have friends that also are level 60 and try new foundry missions everytime they play. As for endgame, atm it hasn't reached the game yet, all we have for now is dungeons and maybe Castle Never is the cloests thing we have to real endgame. Gauntlygrym will be the first endgame we'll see, with massive world pvp and new challenged pve content, then hopefully we'll get raids down the line.
  • meshooflakesmeshooflakes Member Posts: 69
    edited May 2013

I am level 60 and do Foundry missions.You must be looking through the wrong windows.
  • idenfaticalidenfatical Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mainly foundry.
  • bellylintbellylint Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is no endgame at all, foundries are pointless as they have no direction and you will gain no sense of accomplishing anything with them, there is no point to this game once you are 60. I presume the creators of the game thought they could get away with this little idea of having players take over the endgame aspect. They grossly misjudged the fact that without a proper direction, anyone doing anything will cease to want to do what ever they are doing as they see no progress.

If your endgame is to get as much money as you can get, you forget to enjoy the money and there nothing to enjoy if you do not know where to spend. As for T2, forget about it, most of them end in fails and after doing a few you will be tired of repeating the same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with different people going at war because someone Needed on something.

I'm sorry but... there's much to tell about this game, it was ill conceived to start with.
  • supersaiyansonsupersaiyanson Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013

Nope, he's right.
    edited May 2013

Explains I'm not part of your % of the population who does pointless stuff in game. I rather run a T2 and sell a single piece for 1 million astral diamonds than waste my time playing a content that's non-rewarding and has nothing to do with the developers of the game.
  • izoldaizolda Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    End game of this game is FOUNDRY!

Common sense people.

No developers can push out content that fast. Thanks god we got the most powerful tools for replayable. It's like Warcraft 3 Editor. Now all we need is someone willing to make Neverwinter Dota and Hero Seige and we're in style.
  • drewbert1drewbert1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you've reached lvl 60 you've won. You beat the game there is nothing more so might as well move onto another game.
  • imaginaryhawkimaginaryhawk Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    There are like 5 worthy Foundry quests at the moment, the rest are uninspired junk that one really shouldnt bother with unless insanely bored. It's not easy to create a good quest even when given solid tools, the best most people can come up with are stupid quests where you just run around killing stuff and read a few poorly written dialogues in between.

Saying that Foundry is some sort of solution to the lack of endgame content is madness.
  • icycolddicycoldd Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for all the replies guys.

What is this "Castle Never" that was posted on the first page, is that a foundry quest?
  • cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bellylint wrote: »
    There is no endgame at all, foundries are pointless as they have no direction and you will gain no sense of accomplishing anything with them, there is no point to this game once you are 60. I presume the creators of the game thought they could get away with this little idea of having players take over the endgame aspect. They grossly misjudged the fact that without a proper direction, anyone doing anything will cease to want to do what ever they are doing as they see no progress.

If your endgame is to get as much money as you can get, you forget to enjoy the money and there nothing to enjoy if you do not know where to spend. As for T2, forget about it, most of them end in fails and after doing a few you will be tired of repeating the same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with different people going at war because someone Needed on something.

I'm sorry but... there's much to tell about this game, it was ill conceived to start with.

IT IS BETA ALL THE CONTENT ISNT OUT YET!!!!! There is alot of end game stuff YET to come....Stop rushing to 60 and complaining no content in a game thats in BETA. Give it some time more stuff will be released soon.
  • cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    icycoldd wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies guys.

What is this "Castle Never" that was posted on the first page, is that a foundry quest?

the top teir epic dungeon.... its hard
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i thought the end game was forum raging?
  • riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    i thought the end game was forum raging?

No, that's not just end-game.
  • oghieroghier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    Endgame (T2) dungeons are pretty much identical, except for the artwork. Here is what you'll find:

- Huge amounts of trash mobs between bosses
    - Bosses have no autoattack damage. All but a *very* few do nothing but slow, easily avoided windup attacks. You don't need a tank on them. Just a rogue or two who can see red and move his character
    - Every boss has hundreds of adds, all of which spend the entire fight chasing the cleric
    - The challenge has nothing to do with the tank and the boss, but whether CW's can tie up the adds enough so the cleric can kite without dying. Rather, so the cleric can kite without dying too often for the in-combat rez
    - Alternately, run two clerics and a mix of rogues/ wizards, and most fights are very easy, as the clerics' self-heal debuff is therefore not much of a factor

If that sounds boring, it is. That's a real shame, because the combat mechanics are great.
    - Snit (Cleric, Dragon Server)
  • st0n3zyst0n3zy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is next to no endgame that isn't made by players ( and the foundry gives no kind of intensive to spend all day running it )
  • kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Due the amount of exploits and bugs there is no end game.
  • slashylereuxslashylereux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bellylint wrote: »
    There is no endgame at all, foundries are pointless as they have no direction and you will gain no sense of accomplishing anything with them ...*snip*

If you're looking for purples to throw on the auction house and bosses with zerg-like adds then the foundry isn't for you, which it sounds like it might not be for this guy.

If however you're interested in stand-alone story campaigns and aren't afraid to read a little bit through some heavy text conversations with npcs then there are quite a few foundry quests out there that are great. Some that are short and sweet, some funny, and some that are surprisingly well planned out and unfortunately only limited in scope by the tools provided.

As a level 60 I still go through the foundry list and look for new quests or just go back and redo old ones that I've completed since some have different responses to your choices. Would I consider the foundry 'end game content' as some people have labeled it? No, I wouldn't. But it is a way for people to enjoy the work of the many creative people in the community.
  • tooonetwotooonetwo Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    If you enjoy easy mode questing then the foundry is what you do at 60. There is no real risk or reward there, so it's a very good place for casual players.

If you're looking for actual content that is challenging then you're out of luck. The game is flooded with CW's and TR's to the point most pugs will end up disbanding. If you managed to get a high enough gear score at 60 then you can probably get a group of people together for some zerg runs to bosses while avoiding the majority of mobs in the dungeon. End game for a DC and high GS players is a great way to stock pile AD's, but if you're not already there then you're going to be faced with a lot of frustration trying to get a single run in epic dungeons. You can try to organize in zone chat, but that is spammed nonstop at incredible speeds by gold farmers. You can also PvP, but the foundry doesn't let you make maps for it and it gets old quick because there isn't any real character progression through it.

If you're the type of player who likes constant progression then this game isn't for you. Unless you want to play a cleric then you'll get in on pretty much any dungeon you want, have items donated to you for a higher GS and people will love you. If you play a rouge, CW,GF and god forbid a GFW then you're not going to have a lot of fun with the horrible queue system in place.

The problem with the queue system is you NEED a cleric for every single epic dungeon, but at the same time teams will be created without a cleric. I have been on teams of full CW's before at queue pop. If somebody drops or gets kicked then the queue will ignore the fact you don't have a cleric and just fills with whatever is available. On top of all of that if you leave a group that doesn't have a cleric, reenter the queue then chances are your queue will be bugged and you might end up with a cleric this time around, but no way in hell to get to where they're at.

end game is a complete utter mess at the moment and has no real appeal to it for anybody looking for charcater progression minus the 1 percentile of pre established groups. If you're content with player made content then there's plenty of that, but you're not going to get anything worthwhile there...
  • oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Explains I'm not part of your % of the population who does pointless stuff in game. I rather run a T2 and sell a single piece for 1 million astral diamonds than waste my time playing a content that's non-rewarding and has nothing to do with the developers of the game.

so you admit you're a sheep in constant need of a shepherd?

The foundry is quite fun if you're able to actually enjoy the creativity of the rest of the community.
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • berrgberrg Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tooonetwo wrote: »
    If you enjoy easy mode questing then the foundry is what you do at 60. There is no real risk or reward there, so it's a very good place for casual players.

If you're looking for actual content that is challenging then you're out of luck. The game is flooded with CW's and TR's to the point most pugs will end up disbanding. If you managed to get a high enough gear score at 60 then you can probably get a group of people together for some zerg runs to bosses while avoiding the majority of mobs in the dungeon. End game for a DC and high GS players is a great way to stock pile AD's, but if you're not already there then you're going to be faced with a lot of frustration trying to get a single run in epic dungeons. You can try to organize in zone chat, but that is spammed nonstop at incredible speeds by gold farmers. You can also PvP, but the foundry doesn't let you make maps for it and it gets old quick because there isn't any real character progression through it.

If you're the type of player who likes constant progression then this game isn't for you. Unless you want to play a cleric then you'll get in on pretty much any dungeon you want, have items donated to you for a higher GS and people will love you. If you play a rouge, CW,GF and god forbid a GFW then you're not going to have a lot of fun with the horrible queue system in place.

The problem with the queue system is you NEED a cleric for every single epic dungeon, but at the same time teams will be created without a cleric. I have been on teams of full CW's before at queue pop. If somebody drops or gets kicked then the queue will ignore the fact you don't have a cleric and just fills with whatever is available. On top of all of that if you leave a group that doesn't have a cleric, reenter the queue then chances are your queue will be bugged and you might end up with a cleric this time around, but no way in hell to get to where they're at.

end game is a complete utter mess at the moment and has no real appeal to it for anybody looking for charcater progression minus the 1 percentile of pre established groups. If you're content with player made content then there's plenty of that, but you're not going to get anything worthwhile there...

There's also no endgame for soloist's (unless you count foundry as "endgame" for them). Wouldn't mind a solo version of epic dungeon's or just dungeons in a similar structure that the story quest dungeon's were setup while you were leveling to the cap.

Put in lowered drop rate for epic gear and some some other compromises for doing it solo (Maybe), adjust the difficulty enough so it's soloable.

Just a few ideas and examples.
  • protocol87protocol87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    tooonetwo wrote: »

fix the queue system please
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Loki < The Illuminati > 60 - Control Wizard
    Protocol 60 - Great Weapon Fighter
  • rukia541rukia541 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sounds a lot like GW2... all we have there is fractal grind and event farming with RNG that surpasses Korean MMOs. How are the drops in NW? I'm contemplating logging back in and leveling a trickster rogue but you guys make it sound pretty horrible. Also off topic but how is build variety? Can I customize my character to multiple play styles or is it kinda like where you are forced into one efficient build with small amount of skills?
  • notoriouspyronotoriouspyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Starting to do all the epic dungeons and helping guild members out with T1 dungeons. Also haven't finished gearing up, need to get 1 more piece of epic and enchant it all with the best enchants.
    wrath_small.png
    Mature, friendly, laid back international guild. Newbie friendly. Expect banter. We have TS3 and guild bank. Must want to help other guild members out and get help in return. Message me (Walgeon@notoriouspyro) for info!