test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In game mail question -big mistake-

speedbump86speedbump86 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I was trying to send some stuff to my alt character (master platesmith). I accidently sent it to @speedbump instead of @speedbump86. Is there any way to get it back or do I just have to hope that the guy is either still playing or nice enough to send it back?
Post edited by speedbump86 on

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah... they either need to have a simple "send to self" option, or otherwise add a confirmation if you are sending an email with an item attachment.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • lymprechtlymprecht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    I was trying to send some stuff to my alt character (master platesmith). I accidently sent it to @speedbump instead of @speedbump86. Is there any way to get it back or do I just have to hope that the guy is either still playing or nice enough to send it back?

It doesn't actually have to be a person. I accidentally sent 4 mercenaries to no one at all, forgot to type the recipient name. I think I must have put it in the subject.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The chances that you'll get it back are pretty much zero. Remember that the mail is unified across all of Cryptic's games, so your mail probably went to some Champions Online player that quit four years ago.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
    edited May 2013
    Here's a weird little tidbit - I wanted to see if I could send something to an alt that I made on another shard. I sent the message to myself with some items attached, and got the notification right away on that same character. I then went to the alt on the other shard, and the email wasn't visible at all. I also could see any of the email I had sent myself while on CO, so there is some sort of separation there.

More to the point, there should be some sort of undeliverable or retract function, as well as us being able to see our sent items...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • kodo1968kodo1968 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That is the reason I am here as well. I was trying to send profession supplies between alts with different professions and as soon as I hit send it appeared in my inbox right away. I am not sure if it send it to all otoons on the account but if so this is the most ridiculous in game mail system I have seen.

There should be an easy way to share items between characters, be it a shared bank or something like that.
    edited May 2013
    kodo1968 wrote: »
    That is the reason I am here as well. I was trying to send profession supplies between alts with different professions and as soon as I hit send it appeared in my inbox right away. I am not sure if it send it to all otoons on the account but if so this is the most ridiculous in game mail system I have seen.

There should be an easy way to share items between characters, be it a shared bank or something like that.

Champions Online addressed this by implementing a form of player housing - hideouts. I suppose you could create your own guild and use that, but there's no doubt that something is needed.
  • seekeroftechseekeroftech Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Helpful hint: send a blank email to yourself (your @name). When it arrives hit Reply and attach what you want to send to yourself. This way you know it will be addressed correctly. Always keep that first email to Reply to.

Note: All of your alts on that account can access mail sent to your @name.
  • kodo1968kodo1968 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    not a bad idea i guess..
  • deipoodeipoo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow Seekerofdeth, that is actually a pretty clever idea , thanks :)