Day 6 Of Not Being Able to do anything in the game - Huge game flaw

jellicho
jellicho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Ever since hitting 60, my game experience has taken a huge downturn as I am a Rogue which basically means I get spit on, shunned, rejected at every turn.

So here is day 6 of doing nothing but standing in Protector's Enclave desperately trying to find something to do.


A brief summary of my game day:

Log on, ask in guild vent if anyone doing any dungeons, get no answer, see my guild already has a group in Tier 2 dungeon. I then start queuing for public groups as my guild seems to be no help at the moment.

Finally get a pop for a dungeon, load into the dungeon find that we have 4 GWF. Everyone then quits, back to queue.

Spend the next 2-3 hours trying to queue for public groups, always someone quits, or have too many of 1 type of class, groups usually fall apart after first fight.

Continue to ask my guild mates for any groups, told that nobody running dungeons now, they already have a spot for another TR that is better geared, they don't want to take me into the group.

Continue to try to find public groups, finally get a well balanced group. THen I get kicked because my gear score is too low.

So that concludes Day 6 of doing absolutely nothing in the game, finally quit my guild as they were zero help to me.

Only those with gear are allowed to progress in the game because geared players can find groups while non-geared players are not allowed in any groups. In addition Rogues are second class citizens, a completely worthless class

I wanted to like this game but it's going to be going on Day 7 where I haven't been able to find any groups because I'm a Rogue, and I'm immediately rejected from any group or guild.
Post edited by jellicho on
«1

Comments

  • dtrain69
    dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Reroll a healer and bask in the love.
  • sileste
    sileste Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If your guild is even not taking you to get better gear, you seriously need to find a new one. Sucks when your own guild doesn't even want to help. Start by finding a new guild. See what happens from there.
    dtrain69 wrote: »
    Reroll a healer and bask in the love.

    ROFL there is a lot of love. Even from your enemies....
    NWDC-2_zps52f863ab.png
  • mistriosu
    mistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sileste wrote: »
    If your guild is even not taking you to get better gear, you seriously need to find a new one. Sucks when your own guild doesn't even want to help. Start by finding a new guild. See what happens from there.

    This. The purpose of a guild is to help ALL members, not a select few. Drop those losers and find a guild worth investing it.
  • jellicho
    jellicho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    sileste wrote: »
    If your guild is even not taking you to get better gear, you seriously need to find a new one. Sucks when your own guild doesn't even want to help. Start by finding a new guild. See what happens from there.

    I did quit at the end of today, they were all T2 geared players who did not want anything to do with me. Spent some time trying to find new guild but I kept getting rejected because of my class.
  • xratas
    xratas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Try GWF instead...
  • jellicho
    jellicho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    mistriosu wrote: »
    This. The purpose of a guild is to help ALL members, not a select few. Drop those losers and find a guild worth investing it.

    I haven't seen any guild that does this.
  • sileste
    sileste Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jellicho wrote: »
    I did quit at the end of today, they were all T2 geared players who did not want anything to do with me. Spent some time trying to find new guild but I kept getting rejected because of my class.

    What server are you on? Have you tried looking in the Recruitment section of the forums?
    NWDC-2_zps52f863ab.png
  • jellicho
    jellicho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    sileste wrote: »
    What server are you on? Have you tried looking in the Recruitment section of the forums?

    Mindflayer. I did but when I contacted the guild recruiters they said I probably won't get any groups because of my class and low gear score.
  • xxhumorxx
    xxhumorxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    Lol must be a pretty bad Rogue if you're getting kicked from parties. In my experience,they're more desirable then a Tank, and a Great Weapon fighter. Most parties, or people I know roll with 2 rogues, 2 clerics, and a control Wizard.

    Either you're doing something terribly wrong, or within the past couple days I haven't been on, Rogues have took a dive, which probably isn't the case. Course, I was smart enough to get PvP gear first before attempting Epic dungeons, because, it just seemed like the smartest thing to do.

    If the only reason you have to complain about is being rejected due to your gear, maybe you should do something about it. PvP if your best friend at level 60.

    Or, just exploit their loot system. Roll a Cleric, and roll on everything you need for your Rogue, it's what I'd do if I had a lvl 60 Cleric, not even going to pretend I wouldn't either. Until their loot system is fixed "some-how", it'd probably be your best bet if you're not into PvP. I mean, what's the party going to do? Kick the Cleric? haha.
  • jellicho
    jellicho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    Update on my day: tried to join a group advertising in zone chat, was kicked immediately after they saw my class.
  • jellicho
    jellicho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    xxhumorxx wrote: »
    Lol must be a pretty bad Rogue if you're getting kicked from parties. In my experience,they're more desirable then a Tank, and a Great Weapon fighter. Most parties, or people I know roll with 2 rogues, 2 clerics, and a control Wizard.

    Either you're doing something terribly wrong, or within the past couple days I haven't been on, Rogues have took a dive, which probably isn't the case. Course, I was smart enough to get PvP gear first before attempting Epic dungeons, because, it just seemed like the smartest thing to do.

    If the only reason you have to complain about is being rejected due to your gear, maybe you should do something about it. PvP if your best friend at level 60.

    Or, just exploit their loot system. Roll a Cleric, and roll on everything you need for your Rogue, it's what I'd do if I had a lvl 60 Cleric, not even going to pretend I wouldn't either. Until their loot system is fixed "some-how", it'd probably be your best bet if you're not into PvP. I mean, what's the party going to do? Kick the Cleric? haha.

    I have 9900 Gear score but I can't get any groups because of my class.
  • grizzlyv
    grizzlyv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jellicho wrote: »
    Ever since hitting 60, my game experience has taken a huge downturn as I am a Rogue which basically means I get spit on, shunned, rejected at every turn. .

    Sounds like you are a really bad rogue. And I don't mean to insult you by that... seriously. Not everyone is good at everything... maybe you're just a bad rogue! Has that crossed your mind? No... really.

    Personally, I main a wizard, I have an second rogue char... but just running dungeons as a wizard... gotta say... I love a good rogue on my team. Why? Well, he can put a ton of damage on bosses and elites. We all know that... but what else? well, tank is in trouble, GWF being hit too much, rogue drops smoke bomb, 3-seconds time-out for enemies, regroup, escape, adjust. One pesky sniper in the back smacking the healer? rogue blinks behind him, 2-shots him, back on the boss. Hexer's prepping that big attack? From across the map, the rogue throws a knockback dagger, interrupts him. I get 5% extra crit with certain rogues in the party... That boss can take a lot of hits, can't he? Incoming debilitating rogue, smacks his armor around a bit, everyone hits 10-15% harder. Nice!

    See... you can be THAT GUY... that builds a DPS PVP rogue, then calls the WHAAAAMbulance when nobody wants to see your squishy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> doing nothing to help in dungeons... or you can be that smart rogue, that brings utility, understands that he is the single-most capable class to interrupt and daze while doing damage, single-most capable to murder that one sniper off in the distance smacking the cleric... along with the wizard, best class to keep an eye on the cleric and defend him if he gets overrun...

    Just drop the mentality that you're just there to stab stuff, look at your skills and feats... I mean REALLY look at them... and see how you can contribute. If just 1-target boom-boom is all you do, don't expect anyone to love you for it, and understand that it's entirely your fault.

    I expect you to get your panties in a bunch, not learn a thing, and just start taking trash to me, as is the way of the MMO forums, but seriously... maybe you're just not a good rogue. Maybe it's not your thing. Look at other classes, or research some alternative builds and build utility.

    This single-role, 1-trick-pony mentality is what makes for some really bad players out there. No adaptability.

    Rise above it young rogue! Or seek another path.
  • nymesis92
    nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I honestly think your just trolling. Every group seeks 1 Rogue. Our single target DPS is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

    So..seriously..are you just trolling the hell out of all these people? Man up, tell the truth.
  • chr1s003
    chr1s003 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I NEVER would have thought I'd see that day a TR say he's playing a worthless class......

    Play a GWF and do some pvp my friend if you wanna see worthless.
  • jellicho
    jellicho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    grizzlyv wrote: »
    Sounds like you are a really bad rogue. And I don't mean to insult you by that... seriously. Not everyone is good at everything... maybe you're just a bad rogue! Has that crossed your mind? No... really.

    Personally, I main a wizard, I have an second rogue char... but just running dungeons as a wizard... gotta say... I love a good rogue on my team. Why? Well, he can put a ton of damage on bosses and elites. We all know that... but what else? well, tank is in trouble, GWF being hit too much, rogue drops smoke bomb, 3-seconds time-out for enemies, regroup, escape, adjust. One pesky sniper in the back smacking the healer? rogue blinks behind him, 2-shots him, back on the boss. Hexer's prepping that big attack? From across the map, the rogue throws a knockback dagger, interrupts him. I get 5% extra crit with certain rogues in the party... That boss can take a lot of hits, can't he? Incoming debilitating rogue, smacks his armor around a bit, everyone hits 10-15% harder. Nice!

    See... you can be THAT GUY... that builds a DPS PVP rogue, then calls the WHAAAAMbulance when nobody wants to see your squishy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> doing nothing to help in dungeons... or you can be that smart rogue, that brings utility, understands that he is the single-most capable class to interrupt and daze while doing damage, single-most capable to murder that one sniper off in the distance smacking the cleric... along with the wizard, best class to keep an eye on the cleric and defend him if he gets overrun...

    Just drop the mentality that you're just there to stab stuff, look at your skills and feats... I mean REALLY look at them... and see how you can contribute. If just 1-target boom-boom is all you do, don't expect anyone to love you for it, and understand that it's entirely your fault.

    I expect you to get your panties in a bunch, not learn a thing, and just start taking trash to me, as is the way of the MMO forums, but seriously... maybe you're just not a good rogue. Maybe it's not your thing. Look at other classes, or research some alternative builds and build utility.

    This single-role, 1-trick-pony mentality is what makes for some really bad players out there. No adaptability.

    Rise above it young rogue! Or seek another path.


    I can't even get my foot in the door, haven't even been able to do a boss fight because I'm rejected immediately. I have smoke, all the CC options for rogue, armor reduction and crit aura. Nobody even gives me a chance. I avoid red circles, I know the maps the bosses and the enemies.
  • jellicho
    jellicho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    nymesis92 wrote: »
    I honestly think your just trolling. Every group seeks 1 Rogue. Our single target DPS is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

    So..seriously..are you just trolling the hell out of all these people? Man up, tell the truth.

    I'm NOT joking, its been 6 days of not being able to find a single group.
  • jellicho
    jellicho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    chr1s003 wrote: »
    I NEVER would have thought I'd see that day a TR say he's playing a worthless class......

    Play a GWF and do some pvp my friend if you wanna see worthless.

    If you guys are able to find groups so easily mind telling me how you do it? Because it's been 6 days for me with zero luck.
  • sileste
    sileste Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xxhumorxx wrote: »
    Lol must be a pretty bad Rogue if you're getting kicked from parties. In my experience,they're more desirable then a Tank, and a Great Weapon fighter. Most parties, or people I know roll with 2 rogues, 2 clerics, and a control Wizard.

    Either you're doing something terribly wrong, or within the past couple days I haven't been on, Rogues have took a dive, which probably isn't the case. Course, I was smart enough to get PvP gear first before attempting Epic dungeons, because, it just seemed like the smartest thing to do.

    If the only reason you have to complain about is being rejected due to your gear, maybe you should do something about it. PvP if your best friend at level 60.

    Or, just exploit their loot system. Roll a Cleric, and roll on everything you need for your Rogue, it's what I'd do if I had a lvl 60 Cleric, not even going to pretend I wouldn't either. Until their loot system is fixed "some-how", it'd probably be your best bet if you're not into PvP. I mean, what's the party going to do? Kick the Cleric? haha.

    I'm going to have to agree to about everything xxhumorxx wrote. Try a different class and see how that works out for you. I'm going to suggest a control wizard and if you don't like magic classes , try a GWF.
    NWDC-2_zps52f863ab.png
  • grizzlyv
    grizzlyv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    See.... I'm starting to understand why nobody wants to group with you...

    social tip: it's not the class.
  • jellicho
    jellicho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    sileste wrote: »
    I'm going to have to agree to about everything xxhumorxx wrote. Try a different class and see how that works out for you. I'm going to suggest a control wizard and if you don't like magic classes , try a GWF.

    I have never been criticized for my skill or builds, because I haven't had the chance to even group with anyone. Please listen to what I'm saying.
  • zagrim#6754
    zagrim#6754 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jellicho wrote: »
    I have 9900 Gear score but I can't get any groups because of my class.

    You claim you have to low gearscore and get kicked out of random groups due to it. Yet you still say you have 9900 gearscore? I have 9000 gearscore on my rogue and have no problems whatsoever to get random groups. Sure it might take a while to find a group unless you start it yourself or sit in queue but no way in hell that you cant find a group in 6 days unless you got a reeaaaaally bad reputation or is really really bad at playing your class.
  • nymesis92
    nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I call horse ****, their is no way this is legit happening. I hit 60 yesterday and nearly increased my GS by 3k!!! I don't know what your problem is.

    I'm also in a Guild that have a pretty solid group that are doing T2 stuff, do I expect to be picked up by them??? No, because they use another Rogue that has far far superior gear than I have and does millions more dmg than I would. I know I have to grind out the dungeons and get the gear before being considered having a "spot" on any T2 dungeon group.
  • jellicho
    jellicho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    grizzlyv wrote: »
    See.... I'm starting to understand why nobody wants to group with you...

    social tip: it's not the class.

    Then tell me what it is because I don't understand.

    I always ask politely to join groups, I never flame or have a bad attitude. When they reject me I just say thanks and move on but it's so frustrating over and over again.

    If I'm doing something wrong, someone please tell me so I can just get some groups.
  • jellicho
    jellicho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    You claim you have to low gearscore and get kicked out of random groups due to it. Yet you still say you have 9900 gearscore? I have 9000 gearscore on my rogue and have no problems whatsoever to get random groups. Sure it might take a while to find a group unless you start it yourself or sit in queue but no way in hell that you cant find a group in 6 days unless you got a reeaaaaally bad reputation or is really really bad at playing your class.

    I told you the public groups I queued for all fell apart very fast as we never had the right composition.

    And in my former guild I was being passed over for the 12k GS Rogues in the guild.
  • jellicho
    jellicho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    nymesis92 wrote: »
    I call horse ****, their is no way this is legit happening. I hit 60 yesterday and nearly increased my GS by 3k!!! I don't know what your problem is.

    I'm also in a Guild that have a pretty solid group that are doing T2 stuff, do I expect to be picked up by them??? No, because they use another Rogue that has far far superior gear than I have and does millions more dmg than I would. I know I have to grind out the dungeons and get the gear before being considered having a "spot" on any T2 dungeon group.

    If you can tell me how to even find groups for that please tell me.
  • sotsotzaii
    sotsotzaii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    Is this another whining thread ?

    Let me tell you my experience

    Hit to 60 within 1 week, got to know a bunch of really great friends, Teamspeaked together all the time, having lots of fun and jokes. Doing lots of dungeon and pvp together. Everyday is a new challenge for me in the game. Why did I not feel left out or bored or well, standing at PE for whole 6 days?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'd rather not be alone, because I value friendships more than anything else.
    Proud to be a part of
    Graviora Manent
  • m0ltres23
    m0ltres23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is this thread even for real????? Like i would understand if you were a GWF or a GF but a Rogue???!?!?!! Like dude change class because all pt wants 1-2 rogues in their teams.
  • jellicho
    jellicho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    sotsotzaii wrote: »
    Is this another whining thread ?

    Let me tell you my experience

    Hit to 60 within 1 week, got to know a bunch of really great friends, Teamspeaked together all the time, having lots of fun and jokes. Doing lots of dungeon and pvp together. Everyday is a new challenge for me in the game. Why did I not feel left out or bored or well, standing at PE for whole 6 days?

    Well it's lucky that you have that, but not everyone has good friends like that.
  • jellicho
    jellicho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    m0ltres23 wrote: »
    Is this thread even for real????? Like i would understand if you were a GWF or a GF but a Rogue???!?!?!! Like dude change class because all pt wants 1-2 rogues in their teams.

    You keep saying that but I never see any groups wanting rogues at all, and I get kicked to make room for other classes.
  • naeron1966
    naeron1966 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    jellicho wrote: »
    Only those with gear are allowed to progress in the game because geared players can find groups while non-geared players are not allowed in any groups. In addition Rogues are second class citizens, a completely worthless class

    I wanted to like this game but it's going to be going on Day 7 where I haven't been able to find any groups because I'm a Rogue, and I'm immediately rejected from any group or guild.

    1). Welcome to all MMOs that have gear.
    2). You are not in a good guild, find one that will help you now and then.
    3). Don't play DPS characters in MMOs as there is always too many of them,.