test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reasons your loot system needs to be fixed:

redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Was just kicked (Cleric) from Throne of Idris, along with a GF, because we spoke out against a Control Wizard named "ANALBLAST" (which shouldn't even be allowed to happen) for needing everything. Everyone else in the group was a control wizard, but it stopped no one from needing on runes, shields, icons, 2H swords - you name it. So. Just so everyone's aware.
Post edited by redwaterx on

Comments

• stagulstagul Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes sadly that is the effect, of having the option to roll on everything gives.
  • xenobiusxenobius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It has been voiced so many times (and left without reply every time, no less) that I believe posting this pic works just as well as writing a detailed opinion on why is this and that wrong:

pwe.png
  • daledaledaledale Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't even want to do group content because every group has 1 or 2 that Need on everything they can't use, so everyone Needs on everything and the chances of getting something you can use is next to nothing. This shouldn't be a problem in a new game. Other games fixed this issue years ago.
  • redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    xenobius wrote: »
    It has been voiced so many times (and left without reply every time, no less) that I believe posting this pic works just as well as writing a detailed opinion on why is this and that wrong:

pwe.png

That's unfortunately accurate /:
  • nawdlenawdle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    xenobius wrote: »

Saw a dev somewhere saying they were looking into ways to fix it. Just sayin'.
  • jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Form your own groups.

use Round Robin loot. exchange at the end of the Delve.

thats what I have started doing.

Devs - Make Round Robin the default loot scheme.
  • xavynxavyn Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jmadfour wrote: »
    Form your own groups.

use Round Robin loot. exchange at the end of the Delve.

thats what I have started doing.

Devs - Make Round Robin the default loot scheme.

No... thats a terrible move. Then you have to rely on people exchanging items with you... not to mention there is a small chance that anyone will get anything at all that they actually need.

Just make it so you can only NEED and item if it is useable by your class. I mean... that seems obvious...
  • redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I understand the morons who need on every necklace or ring that drops - that makes sense, in some warped world where there's no such things as self control. I personally greed on every ring, necklace, etc, because I don't want to be "that guy" who's needing on the universal loot. But when a TR need rolls on my DC's off-hand, there's something else at foot. Which pretty much just results in me wanting to put MY foot in someone's ***. An "ANALBLAST," if you would.
  • zeldainkneehighszeldainkneehighs Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nawdle wrote: »
    Saw a dev somewhere saying they were looking into ways to fix it. Just sayin'.

It must be real tough to figure out a system where class A can click NEED on an item for class A while the other classes have to click GREED. That kind've system must be one hell of a mind-game. They sure cracked the coding for their ZEN shop quick.
  • ebonogiebonogi Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To me the worst are people that need items for pets. Grouped with a guy that needed on blue dagger drop and he was a gwf. Said it was for his pet even though pets can't use them. At first he said it was for his brother
  • grimregilssongrimregilsson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Easy fix. Do like Dragon Nest does and have the it give class priority on need first....Meaning a CW item drops and the CW of the group hits need and he is the only CW in the group he gets the item no matter who else hits need. If no one in the group is of that class then its free game on the roll. Problem fixed.
  • jniebaumjniebaum Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Easy fix. Do like Dragon Nest does and have the it give class priority on need first....Meaning a CW item drops and the CW of the group hits need and he is the only CW in the group he gets the item no matter who else hits need. If no one in the group is of that class then its free game on the roll. Problem fixed.

That is how WoW used todo it with there Raid Gear drops.
  • fluxus111fluxus111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm hoping this is fixed soon. It's so frustrating playing with people that Need everything. I always call out those people on the first loot drop (usually an unidentified green item). Sometimes that shames them into rolling Greed going forward, but most times it doesn't. I always add those people to my Ignore list. And if they're in a guild, I make a note of the guild just so I never fall into doing anything with that guild.
  • nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Always roll need on everything. And remind your party to do the same. The greed button is just another pass button. If you want to be nice you can trade items afterwards but if you hit anything except need you are giving the items away.

The distribution of loot is not ideal, you will end up with other people’s loot, other people will end up with yours. That’s just the way the game works until it is changed. But if you want everyone to have a fair chance at drops you have to roll need on all.