test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

10.1k Gearscore GWF- How am I supposed to progress when no one wants a GWF in groups.

kineticv3kineticv3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Title says it. Most of the people for Castle Never want 1 TR, 2 CW, and 2 Clerics from what I've seen. Something needs to change. Even the drake seal vendor only has like 4 "upgrades" that offer miniscule stat ups
Post edited by kineticv3 on

Comments

• enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Zek(dev) stated in recent video they are looking into the GWF. Should seen some changes in the next couple weeks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Make friends and play with them. Join a guild. Or Start the group yourself and no one will have a say in the matter!
  • rohk007rohk007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    find friends
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Guild up and play with friends.
  • kineticv3kineticv3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So the answer to GWF not being viable is to find people willing to gimp their selves to play with me..
  • thekaras1982thekaras1982 Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    I have to agree. Finding 'friends' to play with is just not good enough. What if these friends do not have the time to run a dungeon run, or vice versa. Do you have to rely on these 'friends' to get what you want?

Quite clearly the class in-balance is affecting the GFs and GWFs.
    Yes, I play a Great Weapon Fighter, and I tend to keep it that way ... till the Ranger or Monk comes in. :)
  • bigdickasaurusbigdickasaurus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game has been in open beta for just over 2 weeks and is completely free. Give it some more time and things will get better.
  • belladanbelladan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    L2P your class? :p

Honestly; if you compare the GWF at lvl44 to that of a rogue of at least equal ability and 5 levels lower, then I agree that you will very much see the rogue a few hundred thousand damage above the second place person. (said GWF...) Said Rogues will also be the first person to rage-quit on a wipe of the final boss. No patience, they have.

Now, my build is a slightly balanced build, so my dps gap started widening at a greater rate around lvl 39, but I do very much survive longer then the other classes during the boss fight. (unless I fudge up of course.) Now that I've got an OP shadowfel sword again, I expect the gap to remain at around 2mil for the rogue and 1.7mil-1.8mil for me; in a group that is actually working together. (no CW's blowing the mobs away just before you can hit your encounter.)

fyi, I'm currently criting at 5837 for my top single target damage, with an average across abilities of roughly 2.8k crits. So yes, I can dish out 10k damage every 8 seconds or so, with a 15k cycle of 20-30 if I can aoe up my AP quickly.
  • bigdickasaurusbigdickasaurus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    S this was never a legitimate question it was just another cry, complain , tare down the game QQ post under the guise of a legitimate question.
    l2spell before acting clever pl0x
  • xratasxratas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    belladan wrote: »

What would that help when you get kicked out from team immediately after trying to join, just because you're GWF..?
  • kineticv3kineticv3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Honestly; if you compare the GWF at lvl44...

Really man? I'm talking about level 60. And this has nothing to do with 'l2play'. When I am completely ignored for finding groups because I say 'gwf' in my lfg that is a problem
  • elminbanelminban Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What kind of gems did you have to slot to get such a high gear score if I could ask, and what gear are you using? I'd think you would be viable just with that GS alone versus the average (myself included) 8500-8700 60 player base. To answer you question joining a guild will be best. As a CW I am constantly booted before I fully load into the dungeon because there is already one or two CWs in the group so I feel you. Finding a solid team to run with works best.
    2.jpg
    edited May 2013
    7gL1Gu0.jpg

The runes are all rank 5 radiant for offense, rank 5 dark for defense and utility, a lesser vorpal on the sword.

I found that blue helm on the auction house when I first hit 60. Sadly I have not found any purple helm as good as it, even the t2 drake helm from the seal vendor isn't as good as it.
  • majtrollxmajtrollx Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    Reroll another class and get items for your GWF.
    edited May 2013
    majtrollx wrote: »
    Reroll another class and get items for your GWF.

That is a dumb solution. Some of us like to play the class we want to play. Why should we be penalized for it? Clearly something has to be done to make all classes viable for the end game content, let alone the upcoming Gauntlygm (or how it is properly spelled).

Not to mention, wouldn't that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> people off if you kept needing items that were clearly not suitable for the alt character? >.>
    Yes, I play a Great Weapon Fighter, and I tend to keep it that way ... till the Ranger or Monk comes in. :)
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Honestly; if you compare the GWF at lvl44 to that of a rogue of at least equal ability and 5 levels lower, then I agree that you will very much see the rogue a few hundred thousand damage above the second place person. (said GWF...) Said Rogues will also be the first person to rage-quit on a wipe of the final boss. No patience, they have.

Now, my build is a slightly balanced build, so my dps gap started widening at a greater rate around lvl 39, but I do very much survive longer then the other classes during the boss fight. (unless I fudge up of course.) Now that I've got an OP shadowfel sword again, I expect the gap to remain at around 2mil for the rogue and 1.7mil-1.8mil for me; in a group that is actually working together. (no CW's blowing the mobs away just before you can hit your encounter.)

fyi, I'm currently criting at 5837 for my top single target damage, with an average across abilities of roughly 2.8k crits. So yes, I can dish out 10k damage every 8 seconds or so, with a 15k cycle of 20-30 if I can aoe up my AP quickly.

The problem isnt quite the class as it is the dungeon design.

You can do all the damage in the world, but its more effuicient to just bring a wizard and knock all the enemies to their deaths in bottomless pits than bother fighting them.

This is kind of where the problem lies. Why bring the GWF to melee down things when you can just send them to their dooms and avoid fighting?
  • jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is no magical overnight fix. Eventually they will tweak the classes. Until then - you just have to suck it up.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
    edited May 2013
    jnaathra wrote: »
    There is no magical overnight fix. Eventually they will tweak the classes. Until then - you just have to suck it up.

theres an overnight fix. Its called "dont allow wizards to send half the dungeon mobs flying to their instant dooms"
    edited May 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    theres an overnight fix. Its called "dont allow wizards to send half the dungeon mobs flying to their instant dooms"

Then people will cry that Caster Never is impossible if they added invisible barriers.

...would that be a bad thing? :)
    edited May 2013
    Then people will cry that Caster Never is impossible if they added invisible barriers.

...would that be a bad thing? :)

It'd certainly be amusing as hell.
  • dwntownbrowndwntownbrown Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gotta say, as a CW, I hate being require to knock everything off a cliff. I picked a CW to blow stuff up with my awesome Magics.....not Gandolf Vs. Balrog it all the time = (
    edited May 2013
    gotta say, as a CW, I hate being require to knock everything off a cliff. I picked a CW to blow stuff up with my awesome Magics.....not Gandolf Vs. Balrog it all the time = (

Wouldn't that one early ice daily kind of qualify as 'blow stuff up' when the adds fly in the air in crazy velocities? :)

Otherwise, I get your point.
  • yamzeyamze Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kineticv3 wrote: »
    Title says it. Most of the people for Castle Never want 1 TR, 2 CW, and 2 Clerics from what I've seen. Something needs to change. Even the drake seal vendor only has like 4 "upgrades" that offer miniscule stat ups

If you have some little experience with mmos, Ill put it this way;

"GWF is the Zerk from Tera".
  • nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yamze wrote: »
    "GWF is the Zerk from Tera".

Minus Block, minus Armor, Plus movement, divide by bag space and carry the Axe.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gwf have bad sets to ;( there is only 1 kinda good set and that is avatar of war while other classes have a lot better sets and i get me team by queue for pirate king :D they kick me out when they got me in party a lot of times but at least i play some epic t2 dungeon
    edited May 2013
    warpet wrote: »
    they kick me out when they got me in party a lot of times...

And that is the main issue...
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And that is the main issue...
    at least i get in some party which wont kick me sooner or later ;P getting team for t2 dungeon whit GWF in chat is hard even when dd event is on
  • yamzeyamze Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The GWF is good at killing archer adds, healers will love you. And that's all.
    edited May 2013
    yamze wrote: »
    The GWF is good at killing archer adds, healers will love you. And that's all.

>.> Doesn't help if the GWF can not stay in the same group without leader kicking you. Only chance to stay in group so far for GWFs is if they are the leader, unless the whole queue'd group leaves.
  • demampdemamp Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only solution is to wait for them to fix the class. It is already fact that the class needs a major buff to be chosen over pretty much every other class. So please guys stop with the dumb solutions like "find friends" or "change your spec."