test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

pvp unplayable for us Europeans

uriziemuriziem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
pvp unplayable for us Europeans, delay skills 1 sec, I live in Switzerland and i have a excellent connection ,when you give us finally a proxy for us Europeans? it's frustrating play vs american players
Uriziel TR lev 60 Gear Rating 12400
Uriziel GF Gear Rating 14800
David Grave CW 10500 Gear Rating 6000 recovery(kripparian build)
Uriziem Monk Completionist 28 past life , DDO player since March 2006 (2006-2009 on Devourer server, 2009-2012 on Cannith server)
ex officer and founder of Ordo Draconis, DDO Italian Elite Guild, now on NEVERWINTER
large.png
picture sharing
Post edited by uriziem on

Comments

• nawdlenawdle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    Try Australia...
  • holokastholokast Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Try South Africa...
  • inkedbearinkedbear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    Im in Sweden with a great connection. No problem from here. At least not for me.
  • inmydotinmydot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't see my ping and I often feel like having 200ms.. However, it's still very playable I must say. If you have ever played aion with 30ms ping, it feels like it's 100ms. Playing with 200 ms ping feels like a second of delay.
  • jnc87jnc87 Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Well, it's not as bad as having 1 second delay, that's for sure. But they do have an advantage landing and avoiding hits. Sometimes I avoid something but it hits me anyways, or use a stun a bit earlier than my target but his lands first.
  • uriziemuriziem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    I have an insane delay, do pvp is too humiliating that I decided to stop doing
    Uriziem Monk Completionist 28 past life , DDO player since March 2006 (2006-2009 on Devourer server, 2009-2012 on Cannith server)
    ex officer and founder of Ordo Draconis, DDO Italian Elite Guild, now on NEVERWINTER
    large.png
    picture sharing
  • uvirith1uvirith1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    Im in Austria, no lags or delays at all.
  • vykozpkvykozpk Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I too have insane latency especially after midnight, i dont know if its because in earlier hours you meet european players, but deffinitely after midnight and in the night its impossible to play pvp, 1-2+ secs delay and rubber banding all over the place getting lol stomped by american players, while i cant even get powers off.
  • kynttilakynttila Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I played some PvP last night and post-patch it seems like my ping is +100 higher all the time and I lag way more than before. Playing from Finland, speedtest results are the same and everything else works fine so I'm pretty sure it's server sided problem.
  • sadmummysadmummy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's playable. But in pvp you can notice it badly. If I try to charge and do any skill, the lag makes it impossible to land. Well, even threatening rush fails midway most of the times bc of small latency issues.

Then there's also the maintenance in prime time.... EU servers please
  • mil3tomil3to Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm italian and got 200+ ping always... PvP is really horrible with this delay :( I hope in European servers ^^
  • uriziemuriziem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    give us european servers!
    large.png
    picture sharing
  • titaruititarui Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    uriziem wrote: »
    I have an insane delay, do pvp is too humiliating that I decided to stop doing

Same old same for me 1 sec delay for me alsso.

Rui M.
  • adevlin1991adevlin1991 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    They want to merge all three servers into one once the initial pop burst dies down I think, I am not sure how likely it is that they will give us EU'ers a server(160ping from Scotland). I refuse to play pvp with that ping, It's a completely unacceptable amount of latency for an action combat game. Set up a server in EU and offer free transfers for everyone who wants one otherwise pvp will die very quickly, as it is doing.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The increased issues yesterday and today are caused by a damaged fiber: http://status.cogentco.com/
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Uri, which shard do you play on? I got chars on flay and dragon and noticed that I have quite a big delay on flay while my connection on dragon is rarely delayed (it does happen sometimes though). Also heard a few people say that dragon is the best server for Europe but idk how much truth there is to that. Could give it a try though?
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
    edited May 2013
    Im playing on dragon and its absolutely not good regarding ping, even in off hours the ping is swinging constantly between 200-300 and spiking up to 400+ at times, can check through using /netgraph 1 in game.

Its really annoying in both dungeons and pvp, impossible to time dodges right or interrupts etc.
  • cubansyruscubansyrus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17
    edited May 2013
    im in the UK and no delay at all dragon server
  • falconinfalconin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't PvP in most game because of the latency issues inherent in online gaming. Even Florida has relatively high latency in Neverwinter when compared to other MMO's I play. Hopefully the latency issue is more to do with data center location and not system or game design.
    edited May 2013
    Hmmm most mmo's i played with eu servers i had 30 ms or less latency, which is needed if you want to push things to the limit, especially in high lvl pvp.
  • t00badt00bad Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Reading all this I'm thinking, is it possible that they are prioritising specific IP addresses (specially when number of players peaks)
    I'm in Europe, ping is going from bad to unplayable (both PvP and dungeons)..
    The same thing in STO (other Cryptic Game)
  • chizzahchizzah Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    holokast wrote: »
    Try South Africa...

Seems to be just as bad in South Africa. I successfully get the hit and then they dodge and it's picked up as a miss. Wonder if my toon is slowmotion to them. lol
  • nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i blame obama
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ping today was a constant 250 to 400ms. I haven't even tried to play, there's little point when the servers are like that.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A lot of the lag is server side. First your opponents pc has to send out his location, server picks it up, sends it to you and you try to dodge. That gets sent back and that's where it gets funny.

It's possible that your opponent's pc got the signals from the server sooner than you, so before you even see him, he could be initiating his attack already. According to the server, you just got hit..but if it gets that delayed signal of yours to dodge, it will try to please you with at least showing the animation...after you're officially KIA.

It takes practice, and some psychic powers.