test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guard needs outright immunity & limited uses

icyicy99icyicy99 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Right now every class except GF has a way to dodge out of red circles and aoes.
The excuse is that we're supposed to Guard it, except Guard cannot actually sustain the damage, and even if it does we still get knocked down or knocked back most of the time.

This means we're actually the only class that has to manually walk out of circles, and thus we have the lowest survivability in T2, especially since our Defense does not give us significantly higher mitigation than Clerics and GWFs.

Guard needs to have specific charges like the Rogue Dodge or Wizard Blink do, and provide complete immunity to damage and control effects for 2-3 seconds. That's the only way Guard could actually become useful against special attacks.

Fix that together with making Mark have a specific duration and not being dropped when we get hit, and we'd probably be able to tank again.
Post edited by icyicy99 on

Comments

• digitalmusdigitalmus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GF's also take some damage THROUGH the guard which is just stupid. And i'm really waiting for them to fix the lag, right now i can't even walk out of the aoe, it just lag me back into it, or just hit me when i'm out of the red.
  • seychirouseychirou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    digitalmus wrote: »
    GF's also take some damage THROUGH the guard which is just stupid. And i'm really waiting for them to fix the lag, right now i can't even walk out of the aoe, it just lag me back into it, or just hit me when i'm out of the red.

Most of the lag is on your side, ofcourse the server can be a bit laggy. it might be that your connection isnt good enough.
  • zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You have a good Point. If the Guard Meter went Down While you used it and gave immunity to damage and CC when it was up this would make it better for dungoens. It will also make it a bit harder for solo since I assume you would lose guard meter faster against weak solo mobs than you currently do. But right now solo GF has been the easiest class to Level by far.

How fast you lose guard meter in dungeons is what is killing the GF. Other class at least get the advantage of putting some distance between them and there attack when they dodge. When a GF loses guard meter they are punching bags that cant escape at all.
  • stormganzostormganzo Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree, our guarding mechanic is not good for high level dungeons.

We need at least other 2 commands when guarding, for not we have the aggravating strike and the shield slam, but we need at least a BACKJUMP (press jump when in parry mode to jump ONLY backward with a little cd between one jump and another), and the tab skill avaible when guarding.

And OFC some optimization on aggro generation and guarding bar duration ^^
  • flotytyeahflotytyeah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    We are just useless at dungeons. We are usefull if someone is down, to revive him... coz only we can handle dmg output. After Guard Meter breaks it's like... being a Wizard with 30k hp and all time stunned. Just staying in one place and wait for death.

Can we get some dodge skill? Useable only at PvE, disabled at PvP? Coz currently we are weak... as hell. Maybe some better resistance? Skills on passive ressistance like ~400 def addidtionaly? Aggro generation... we have only one true AoE crowd control spell.. what the? We can't take dmg on ourselfs, plus if we could, we would die in secunds. I just want to feel a little bit more tanky, to be a Guardian master!
  • khail33khail33 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The QQ in this thread is strong... learn to play.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    khail33 wrote: »
    The QQ in this thread is strong... learn to play.

Said the cleric , get the fk out of here .