test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This game is already being destroyed.

Comments

• Options
    hopeless2hopeless2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 73
    edited May 2013
    Buy To Play Please, this makes exploiters think twice before hacking their way through the exploits with free accounts.
  • Options
    suavaialofasuavaialofa Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm a peasant because I don't have a blue name? is this how it goes here now? Would you like to come to my house and see what I've amassed? I'm not a young man. I have some toys. I have some disposable income. The leathers I'm wearing in my avatar? Dianese W-Frame GP leathers. about $2500 new. The whole kit with lid? nearly 5 grand The bike I'm sitting on? One of 1500 and one of a few in my garage that will cost you $100000 to buy today.

Am I supposed to be intimidated by your accusations of being a pauper? people like you, one time buyers are of no interest to Cryptic. They want people with regular free money. And I'm not giving it to them rockerfeller. You blue names are just the idiots that paid for the launch campaign champagne

Lol I thought him calling you peasant because you didn't have a blue name was kinda lame but maybe he was being sarcastic? But all your bragging about your worldly goods is kinda............ lame.
  • Options
    aislingiaislingi Member Posts: 140 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    QFT. One of the best MMO's ever. I just could not justify keeping open subs on that, wow and star wars online. Something had to give.

(incidentally I still pay a sub for SWTOR and I've not logged in for about 5 months, that says something about how I value a game and the rewards it gives for paying for it )

No, it says something about how little you value your money.
    I wanna go back to being weird. I like being weird. Weird's all I got, oh, and my sweet style. -Maurice Moss, The IT Crowd
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lollie wrote: »
    You think p2w is quality? You must live in a vacuum, and never played a decent game in your life.

The games that are going f2p are old games, we're bored with them. That's why despite being of quality once, they are now going into the f2p bin.

The new MMORPGs we're waiting on (coming out this year) will be sub games as well, though gonna guess nobody has told you about them.

There's a difference between old games going F2P, and new games that are outright F2P. Not all F2P games are bad, especially games which are built on the F2P model from start to ensure they're sustainable to begin with.

Commenting on unreleased games is hard though, because they're unreleased. Speculation is easy, of course.
  • Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All f2p wins are games that are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> from the start, or games that are now yesterday's dinner. The newest, quality games are always going to be subscription.

yet they are a dying breed.

Eve...WoW.....er...any other sub based games that matter?
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is an MMO.

Problems happen in the first month.

Hell, the first year.

Exploits will be fixed and forgotten.

Classes will be balanced and complained about.

I think once you realize the only ONE TRUE fact about MMOs, playing them is actually quite nice.

The gamers that play them.........are a$$holes.

All of them.

Myself included.

We will never be pleased.

We will never be satisfied.

All a dev can do is fix exploits and issues and balance the classes as best as they can per our request and feedback.

Then as they are addressed, they will be forgotten and then we will complain about something else.

Again....because we are a$$holes.
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    syfylissyfylis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you guys belive that P2P would change anything then you are all wrong. If this game was P2P then there will be lot more gold farmers etc. People would sell their stuf on ebay and game would have less people> less money> less update.

It's that childlish dream to belive that P2P would cut off raging kids etc. I'm sure there are people who think that it would make game more unique because only "Real Players" would play a game.

I'm someone who was on this forum long time and I did said lot of hard criticism on it which often give me problems with community managers but after playing this beta I have to say that NvN online is best mmo game I have ever playd. If this game had more and better pvp then it would be perfect.

Say what you want but it will be one bad tree in very huge forest.
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Prejt <<<<<<<<<<

33kel5d.jpg

My work: Heroes Blacksmith - Library
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?21051-Heroes-Blacksmith-Library
  • Options
    katszckatszc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I'm gonna be honest, while I enjoy the game, the fact that PWE is publishing it is really pushing me away.

Played 2 PWE games, 1 for over 4 years, PWI, their original title or whatever, look at it now.
    Rusty Hearts, 3 months or so, it's a nightmare.
  • Options
    ancientwolfgr808ancientwolfgr808 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems pretty clear the game is a pump and dump with an expected six month maximum lifespan.

It will last longer than that, its just the actual quality is never going to go beyond a certain point. Theres enough lemmings frothing over the word/name to keep it monetarily viable, but for the nostalgics, its a $5 on the bedside table, sadly. (I'm leaving rolls of pennies)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to find a reference to AD in my AD&D Manuals.
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The new MMORPGs we're waiting on (coming out this year) will be sub games as well, though gonna guess nobody has told you about them.

I've not seen or heard a single thing about ESO (for example) that has made me re-think my long time dislike of all things BethSoft.

IIRC, what I've seen & heard of Wildstar left me ice-cold.

Those are the only two MMOs of which I'm aware coming out any time this year, so if I've missed the ones you're talking about, fill me in.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    dopeboiidopeboii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Regarding this Thread and the topic of F2P vs. P2P, I would have to say B2P would be the way that I would strive to go for. One relevant example I would give would be GW2. There are many things this game did right - now, that being said there are also things that could be improved upon so I'm not going to be speaking of nothing but 'rainbows, and sunshine, and goodness.'

Now regarding the Thread and the Topic of; "This game is already being destroyed" I would have to say Yes and No to a degree.

Yes, the game's economy is going to be taking a hit, and yes the aspect of actually playing through the Story and questing through this game will - if not, has - be/been destroyed to a certain degree. I'm not a D&D Fan (I consider this a person who has played through any previous D&D Game regardless of how much time spent) and the one thing that I can take away from people who have played D&D (once again, this is probably wrong as I don't know much about D&D) is that the players often mention how important the RP is...considering that's usually a main focal point right? So when there's no reason to play through the Story and when one can just Grind/Farm to 60 and purchase their set(s), I think one of the main focal points of D&D gets lost.

Now in regards to "No," the very economy that gets chewed out with the exploits and stuff, actually let's the other inefficient things (according to many other players, and myself to a degree) shine brighter. My example would be the Rough Astral Diamond Refining process. Currently one can Refine 24K total, and when the economy takes a hit with multiple items going through the AH, that 24K Limit actually seems reasonable when every other item is about 3K, or 6K, or 30K, or 50K. It doesn't take a player 29837498273482379 days, but instead, less than a week to also gain their item(s).

Now with this being stated, I would like to propose something for Perfect World to employ - as a suggestion mind you - so that they could appease the majority of the player base (who are more than likely D&D Fans) and also to showcase that they are indeed capable of reasoning.

My suggestion would be this; Think about providing a Wipe for every Server at the Official Launch. Now, before anyone here says something along the lines of "no refunds" or "loss of revenue/income" hear me out. What I'm suggesting is a Wipe that 'refunds Zen TO THE CHARACTER/ACCOUNT, as well as getting rid of everything currently in the Server.' There is a Tracker on the Perfect World Billing portion of the Website that allows one to see how much Zen they have purchased, and how much they have Transferred to whatever game they are playing. I would speculate that the PW Team would look through these numbers/logs for every account, and re-issue the Zen on the accounts.

What this does is, ensures that PW does not suffer from a Refund (so they don't lose money), it then ensures that every player that has spent Money in the Game would then be re-issued that Money to spend so they can just repurchase various things from the Cash Shop considering that the Zen would be on the account - where else could it go right? Not only that, but seeing as how this would enable PW to get a Wipe done for the Server's, it would clear up most of the people voicing out their concerns for the longevity of the game and actually showcase that PW is going to be more proactive when things like this screw up the economy.

After the initial Wipe, whenever an exploit comes into play - and let's face it, nothing is ever going to be perfect - PW would then just rollback the Server's to before the first example of when the exploit came into existence. Rollback's would also include Zen being re-issued towards the Account(s).

I have personally spent over $200 easily in this game - Founder's Packs + Zen Shop - and would be willing to accept a Wipe under these conditions because leveling is not a hassle or a chore in this game. Then again this is just me, and I'm not entirely sure that everyone else would agree to the same thing.

TL;DR - Yes and No to the game being destroyed. Although it does destroy certain core components - deemed by many, and myself to a degree - it also let's the other inefficient things shine a bit brighter. When items are priced at 3K-10K and the higher end items at the 50K mark, the 24K Refining Limit does not seem like such a bad Limit to impose.

TL;DR - I would suggest for PW to issue a Wipe on every Server, while re-issuing the Zen purchased/Transferred to NeverWinter Character's/Accounts. This way PW does not lose out on any money (since they are just going to re-issue the Zen on the Account to be spent again) and also this let's the players get a Wipe so that the economy can get a fresh restart if you will.
  • Options
    ardikus27ardikus27 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Right now I am soooo glad I didn't spend money on this game. It was very tempting to be sure. Just the other day I was about to drop $30 to respec from my what I used to level up with and buy a nice "augment" pet at the cash shop, both of which would have greatly improved my dps in dungeons. I ran many T2 dungeons and realized that every single boss encounter is EXACTLY THE SAME! Just a ton of adds being thrown at you with a bunch of knock-down attacks; stand in blue cleric circle and AOE yadda yadda...

And now all this exploiting noise is blowing up the game. I might check back in a few weeks or whenever they release the gauntlgrym content, but right now the game isn't worth paying for to progress my character any more I have already.
  • Options
    pixelasylumpixelasylum Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everything is "go there, collect shrooms, kill those mobs, get back reclaim price, repeat the process" - all within a very lame storyline and the result is a very shallow experience. You barely have the feeling that you took part of something special. Like I said in a previous comment, this game is another cash grabiing/money farming generic mmo under a D&D license; this ain't Neverwinter. I rather have a single player full experience with a great sense of acomplishement, than these bull**** mmos.
  • Options
    rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Everything is "go there, collect shrooms, kill those mobs, get back reclaim price, repeat the process" - all within a very lame storyline and the result is a very shallow experience. You barely have the feeling that you took part of something special. Like I said in a previous comment, this game is another cash grabiing/money farming generic mmo under a D&D license; this ain't Neverwinter. I rather have a single player full experience with a great sense of acomplishement, than these (naughty word - oh no!) mmos.

Then why are you here, smack dab in the middle of an mmo?
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • Options
    tykytystykytys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I couldn't foresee a single circumstance whereby Cryptic benefits from wiping everyone's character, whether or not they refund Zen, give everyone 1 million Zen for free, provide free Tier 3 mounts, or whatever. The devs have _explicitly_ stated that there'd be no character wipes once Open Beta started. I'm sure you can imagine the sheer rage that would result from going back so blatantly on a stone-cold promise.

Just look at Age of Wushu, another recently-released F2P with a similarly, ahem, "impressive" cash shop. The devs in that game accepted money from players in closed beta and promised items and premium time upon release. Well, they changed their minds and took away the item (a permanent mount). The rage on the forums was so great that the devs _had to_ agree to give the permanent mount. However, they then went and "compensated" those players with the slowest mount in the game, even slower than rental mounts.

The point is not to bust on Age of Wushu, but to say that developers, once they publish something, _must_ stick to it or be forever damaged. Thus there can be no character wipe in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tykytys wrote: »
    I couldn't foresee a single circumstance whereby Cryptic benefits from wiping everyone's character, whether or not they refund Zen, give everyone 1 million Zen for free, provide free Tier 3 mounts, or whatever. The devs have _explicitly_ stated that there'd be no character wipes once Open Beta started. I'm sure you can imagine the sheer rage that would result from going back so blatantly on a stone-cold promise.

Just look at Age of Wushu, another recently-released F2P with a similarly, ahem, "impressive" cash shop. The devs in that game accepted money from players in closed beta and promised items and premium time upon release. Well, they changed their minds and took away the item (a permanent mount). The rage on the forums was so great that the devs _had to_ agree to give the permanent mount. However, they then went and "compensated" those players with the slowest mount in the game, even slower than rental mounts.

The point is not to bust on Age of Wushu, but to say that developers, once they publish something, _must_ stick to it or be forever damaged. Thus there can be no character wipe in Neverwinter.
    That or they can take the damage, for the sake of the game.
  • Options
    ancientwolfgr808ancientwolfgr808 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tykytys wrote: »

Keep telling yourself that. Thats not to say that at some point it becomes a topic for the dev table "What are we going to give them when we do this, or if we do this?" Remember, anything they give is free- its pixels in a game. Theres no loss when you make your customers (oh wait, most are just free passer by's) think they got something of value. Greatest scheme in the book when you can shower someone with pixels to shut them up. Keep telling yourself they are beyond, incapable, or bound by some law that says they cant. They sure can and probably should before too much longer.

Doomsaying? Yep. "We" didn't put them in that position, they did, and lack of action in any significant measure is only a bean counter with poor industry skills being in the driver seat. There is a point where players are probably right.

It'd be a industry "semi" first to step up and really fix this mess- saving face is what people will remember, because as it stands now, PW/Cry's reputations aren't stellar to begin with. They'd save/gain more customers by doing the right thing than by hanging on to the frothing lemmings who couldn't care less about anything but those pixels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to find a reference to AD in my AD&D Manuals.
  • Options
    ordainedoneordainedone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ayamat is my hero, just saying. But other then that, it's a PWE game whatcha expect. F2P games are meant to grab their consumers money and then die and restart the process. Check out almost all of PWE's 10 others games and you'll see that this is how PWE works.
  • Options
    akukoakuko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    F2P spend more late game than u ever would for a small mnthy sub game
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ayamat is my hero, just saying. But other then that, it's a PWE game whatcha expect. F2P games are meant to grab their consumers money and then die and restart the process. Check out almost all of PWE's 10 others games and you'll see that this is how PWE works.

Except that said games didn't die, so...
  • Options
    lollielollie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    Except that said games didn't die, so...

They're all dead by any reasonable standards...might be a bunch of f2p people and the odd crazy person who has spent too much real cash making their characters more powerful than rest of server still hanging on, but they're dead (nobody but a bored f2p person who somehow hasn't already played it would download them).

The people looking for a good game would never play them.
  • Options
    uvirith1uvirith1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter had to be f2p from the beginning, because to be honest, its just too outdated for selling it as a fullprice-game.
  • Options
    adabisiadabisi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Eq2 is also a sub based game.......they have F2p as an option but the F2p server is not on the same server as those who have a sub.

Things might have changed since I was there a few months ago but before that it has always been a sub game.
    Today we fight the GAULS......monstrous and HAIRY beyond reason.
  • Options
    granatargranatar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One of the reasons why I love this game is because it is F2P. Think about it, a game that lets players give content to the masses for free with the foundry. It is huge IMO.

I am sorry that other personalities have hurt the OP when playing this game. For everyone that say, Sub s have a better quality of players should go no further then WoW to realize they don't. (worst community ever)

Now, i am currently having a good time, it may change, but it has nothing to do with it being F2P.
  • Options
    screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    granatar wrote: »
    One of the reasons why I love this game is because it is F2P. Think about it, a game that lets players give content to the masses for free with the foundry. It is huge IMO.

If you think that's cool, you should check out NWN sometime. Probably thousands of player made modules on NWvault, and the Aurora toolset was much more powerful and flexible. One could even modify spells and the ruleset itself and there are still new modules and content being made for the game. ;)
  • Options
    grikgidgrikgid Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    I think DDO has a pretty good hybrid model. You can sub and get all content and new classes for no extra cost and some in store currency too. The store is not really aimed at P2W, although there are things in there to help speed up levelling if you want to buy them. I think you can still sub for a year at around $99 too.
    I wonder how far $99 would go in Neverwinter during a year’s play (assuming you felt inclined to spend anything on Zen)?
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oreoz2573 wrote: »
    This is an MMO.

Problems happen in the first month.

Hell, the first year.

Exploits will be fixed and forgotten.

Classes will be balanced and complained about.

I think once you realize the only ONE TRUE fact about MMOs, playing them is actually quite nice.

The gamers that play them.........are a$$holes.

All of them.

Myself included.

We will never be pleased.

We will never be satisfied.

All a dev can do is fix exploits and issues and balance the classes as best as they can per our request and feedback.

Then as they are addressed, they will be forgotten and then we will complain about something else.

Again....because we are a$$holes.

You sir, have just won the internetz.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    best mmo evah!!!

pvp end game :

afk.

pve end game :

2 clerics
    3 rogues

blue fields down stacking.
    run till campfire skip all trash.
    die, respawn near boss.
    r4p3 boss with blue fields stacking imba nerd rage.
    repeat.
    sell on auction house.
    gigi
    I'd say if you enjoy that, then do whatever. Meanwhile I'll take my time to 60, enjoy myself some foundry maps, make some maps of my own, etc.

Not every MMO has to be about end game.
  • Options
    cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    I'd say if you enjoy that, then do whatever. Meanwhile I'll take my time to 60, enjoy myself some foundry maps, make some maps of my own, etc.

Not every MMO has to be about end game.

Not every RPG has to be an MMO but almost all f2ps have to be multiplayer. What you're describing is more of a single player RPG with an online component which is what NWN was and it was amazing. However the foundry offers no character advancement and despite our casual brethren's wasted breath MMOs are indeed about end game more specifically gear progression.

Plenty of great RPG games aren't MMOs or about end game, this just isn't one of them.
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    best mmo evah!!!

pvp end game :

afk.

pve end game :

2 clerics
    3 rogues

blue fields down stacking.
    run till campfire skip all trash.
    die, respawn near boss.
    r4p3 boss with blue fields stacking imba nerd rage.
    repeat.
    sell on auction house.
    gigi

That's what happens when you skip the content to rush endgame, min/max every single aspect of mechanic and feed on exploits. Then you wonder why the "game is so lame" but again, you're treating it like a grindfest or a race. Do you really need to hurry so much to get to endgame? I leveled a character fast, then switched to another to take PvE slowly and enjoy it little by little every day.

One of my friends rushed to 60 in 4 days, then whined about this game having a "lame setting and no storyline". I remember watching him play for a while when I was in his house and he literally skipped every text and didn't bother to read the quests, just kept following the glittery path. I tried to ask him what he was doing and he answered: "Eh, no idea, just picking up stuff". Then I told thim: "Well, if you don't bother to read anything, obviously you can't learn the role." "I don't care about lore, I just want to rush lvl 60". How can you critizice the setting then if you don't even bother to read it?

This game is so different to others I've seen, like Tera, Lineage 2... WoW also attracted me a couple of years ago because of the Warcraft storyline, and it did a great job with this. Then they mixed stuff for the sake of giving playable options (like Blood Elf paladins, ugh...) and that shoved me off a bit from the game.

Neverwinter has an actual story. It depicts the 4th edition FR setting accurately, tries to follow the lore and offers a lot of options for inmersion.

Obviously, if you don't even bother to read the quests, the plot, you'll think it's lame! It's just like saying that a book is bad just because it doesn't have pretty drawings or color.

Do you also eat without chewing your food or do you take your time to savor it? A game isn't any different, and besides obvious flaws, its enjoyment remains in the eye of the beholder.

/rant
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!