test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Valetheria's Dreamscape

avaedanavaedan Member Posts: 37
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Hello everyone, I've decided to make a "named" thread for my foundry quest since it would be easier to leave feedback and in depth reviews that way.

First and foremost, here is the search code:

NW-DI68FUJKQ

Secondly, I've noticed a few reviews left by players who see the floating objects in the second/third dream as a negative feature. I actually intended for them to float. The laws of gravity and such have no place in the dream, not to mention that the dreamscape is collapsing (if you read the story you'd know this).

If I could have, I would've made them drift instead. But unfortunately in-game limitations left me with having them suspended in the air.

And if you want a challenge, try to find all of the hidden NPC Dialogues. I try to make them funny or interesting, so don't be afraid to explore!

This isn't your "normal" dungeon run after all, is it?

At any rate, please leave your comments, concerns, and honest feedback for my quest. Pleasant journeys!
Post edited by avaedan on

Comments

• avaedanavaedan Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Also, if you want to trade reviews and feedback I'd be more than happy to. Just leave your code in the thread. Thanks again!
  • viktormonsamaviktormonsama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    I'll take a look at it! :) Check mine out! The Stolen Amulet - NW-DPTEETULF
    The Stolen Amulet
    NW-DPTEETULF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The floatiness was fine and fit the story, which the people who complained about obviously didn't read. The story allowed you to use a wide variety of renamed creatures, which was good. The change in the environment in map 3 was good, I liked that. The apparent encounter stacking parts was not so good for me as a solo level 12 TR, particularly in the second dream where you have multiple mind-flayers plus ogres. A solo mind flayer is very difficult for a high level player to deal with because it can easily stun lock them. If I had a high level pc, that would have been very bad. I think a lot of the large creatures were costumed ogres.
    edited May 2013
    The floatiness was fine and fit the story, which the people who complained about obviously didn't read. The story allowed you to use a wide variety of renamed creatures, which was good. The change in the environment in map 3 was good, I liked that. The apparent encounter stacking parts was not so good for me as a solo level 12 TR, particularly in the second dream where you have multiple mind-flayers plus ogres. A solo mind flayer is very difficult for a high level player to deal with because it can easily stun lock them. If I had a high level pc, that would have been very bad. I think a lot of the large creatures were costumed ogres.

Well, in that area you're suppose to slowly progress forward. Also, with the ogres you're suppose to wait till one veers off (The one on the left will turn away before the one on the right).

I may tune down the mob density a little bit for that portion, I just didn't want my quest to be completely dialogued. I did warn in the story screen (when you first select the quest) that the difficulty will be mixed.

Thanks for your feedback and for reading the story. I appreciate it.
    edited May 2013
    I'll take a look at it! :) Check mine out! The Stolen Amulet - NW-DPTEETULF

I checked yours out, and it was pretty good. Other than some improperly spelled words, the characters, dialogue, and direction of the quest went smoothly. Good job!
  • viktormonsamaviktormonsama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    avaedan wrote: »
    I checked yours out, and it was pretty good. Other than some improperly spelled words, the characters, dialogue, and direction of the quest went smoothly. Good job!

Thanks :) I'll have to check up on those spelling errors. Though I had gotten them all...

Yours was enjoyable, but I think you could go weirder with the environments, get more creative. I have to agree with kamalii, the encounter stacking can be frustrating, and the environments are a bit too big to progress slowly through. I found ways to ride past most stuff, since I could use my horse.
    The Stolen Amulet
    NW-DPTEETULF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lostchartalostcharta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Done with lv47 Control Wizard.

That is really an excellent quest. There's a lot of interesting stuff going on. I think I found all the hidden dialogue, certainly searched a lot of those mountains. Favorite part was when you take the last shard and everything starts to fall apart.

Below are minor problems only.

* I loved the quest giver's first appearance. Was actually slightly disappointed the next two were less freakish.
    * The door of the first map clips through some of the wreckage when you open it. (given the questionable nature of reality at this stage you may have intended this).
    * Two of the Nightmares in the mountain map are still tagged as a Hellfire Warlock.
    * Maybe more dialogue on the shard hunt? I traveled back to Simplesnow to ask them about it but there weren't any options.
    * Smokey didn't seem to react much that I killed his crew...
    * "Guardian of the third dream" (I think that was what it was) has too many letters in it for an enemy name and gets truncated with a dot dot dot.
    * Give it to me straight. Is it possible to reach either skyship? I searched around a good deal and couldn't find a portal or anything. I got far enough up so I could see onto the deck of one of them but there wasn't anyone there so maybe there isn't a way up. It's still a nice piece of scenery to have them hanging there but it would be a nice touch to have a hidden portal maybe somewhere out of the way in the mountains and another ghost on board the ship.
    * The third nightmare (before you take the shard) had some large empty bits. Maybe more stuff on the opposite side of the lake to the ruins?
    * Yes, people who complained about the floating things in the 2nd and 3rd map clearly didn't read any of the text. But it might be clearer for them if things were even MORE floaty and weird. Houses upside down, with trees growing out of them ect.. Then it would be hard for them to mistake it for a simple mistake.

As I said all that is minor.
    I've subscribed so I can see the next thing you make.

My quest is in my sig if you want to check it out.

NW-DIRYOWUKYNW-DPXB42EEH
    The Linkwell CryptThe Linkwell Vault

@lostcharta
    solo campaign, balanced
    review thread
    edited May 2013
    lostcharta wrote: »
    Done with lv47 Control Wizard.

That is really an excellent quest. There's a lot of interesting stuff going on. I think I found all the hidden dialogue, certainly searched a lot of those mountains. Favorite part was when you take the last shard and everything starts to fall apart.

Below are minor problems only.

* I loved the quest giver's first appearance. Was actually slightly disappointed the next two were less freakish.
    * The door of the first map clips through some of the wreckage when you open it. (given the questionable nature of reality at this stage you may have intended this).
    * Two of the Nightmares in the mountain map are still tagged as a Hellfire Warlock.
    * Maybe more dialogue on the shard hunt? I traveled back to Simplesnow to ask them about it but there weren't any options.
    * Smokey didn't seem to react much that I killed his crew...
    * "Guardian of the third dream" (I think that was what it was) has too many letters in it for an enemy name and gets truncated with a dot dot dot.
    * Give it to me straight. Is it possible to reach either skyship? I searched around a good deal and couldn't find a portal or anything. I got far enough up so I could see onto the deck of one of them but there wasn't anyone there so maybe there isn't a way up. It's still a nice piece of scenery to have them hanging there but it would be a nice touch to have a hidden portal maybe somewhere out of the way in the mountains and another ghost on board the ship.
    * The third nightmare (before you take the shard) had some large empty bits. Maybe more stuff on the opposite side of the lake to the ruins?
    * Yes, people who complained about the floating things in the 2nd and 3rd map clearly didn't read any of the text. But it might be clearer for them if things were even MORE floaty and weird. Houses upside down, with trees growing out of them ect.. Then it would be hard for them to mistake it for a simple mistake.

As I said all that is minor.
    I've subscribed so I can see the next thing you make.

My quest is in my sig if you want to check it out.

I will definitely try out your quest. Thank you also for a thorough review/feedback and for trying to find all of the hidden NPCs.

The door in the first map is intentional. You're suppose to think "Oh, I interact with this door to proceed", but instead you have to touch the object behind it. That is because it is a dream.

SPOILER***

If you want to make sure you've seen all of the Hidden NPCs added so far I'll make a list here.

First Dream: None, yet.

Second Dream:
    *Simplesnow (3 NPCs, 1 lengthy dialogue)
    *Over The Broken Wall Near The Light House (1 Dialogue. Possible Battle.)

Third Dream:
    *North of Spawn/Respawn area (1 NPC, Short Dialogue)
    *South east corner/village (1 NPC, Lengthy Dialogue)
    *Atop The Flaming Rock Via Portal (1 NPC, Lengthy Dialogue)

I will add more NPCs to give clarity to the world of abstraction (ironic, no?), and update the list as I do.

I did/do plan to flesh out those areas that seem void of all life. (Across the pool map 3, and the far valley of map 2)
    As of now there is no way to get aboard the skyships. (That may change fairly soon)
    I appreciate your interest in finding the hidden dialogue NPCs! Exploration and discovery are a fun attribute to any quest.

END SPOILER***

Thanks again for your feedback. I'll look for the Encounter NPCs and change their names accordingly. As for the guardians, I don't mind the "..." at the end, you get the gist, so I hope others do the same. (Darn you, limited character names!)