test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I don't care 'who did the most damage'! Any way to turn off that message screen?

Comments

• tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I actually like seeing it. It helps me realize if i am doing a good rotation or using a good combination of skills... I do not care if I am on top, but I do not want to be on bottom.
  • gottneverwintergottneverwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nymesis92 wrote: »
    Pretty sure their are certain classes that are purely meant to do dmg big guy.

Every fight is different, depending on group make up and the mobs involved.
  • nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Every fight is different, depending on group make up and the mobs involved.

But EVERY fight has 1 thing in common. Mobs have to die. Going to let you in on something....your not going to win this argument.
  • bman1978bman1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The whole post isn't sarcasm? Because it does show most of that stuff.

i would say best dressed and most emotes are not needed but i would like to know who was idle the most during a match and who killed most of the low level creatures. if i am in a group and i was killed 12 times then i know i need to work on my skills. nothing wrong having the facts displayed.
    valor.png
    Moonshadow Drow Cleric, Mr. Pickles Human Control Wizard, Ogre Hafling Guardian Fighter
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I find it a little bit too much in my face too. The whole bam! Pop Up at the end should have a disable option. Sadly its not something that will ever go away. If it is removed. Folks will just run their own parse. Epeen shall not be denied. It seems
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pandergos wrote: »
    There is a scoreboard in PvE.. Once the dungeon is finished it appears.
    Never seen one.

Outside of The PvP arena.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • kazen425kazen425 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Enlarge your damage count today!!

- Add double the damage count in just 1 dungeon!
    - Improve chance to find a party!
    - Make other DPS envy you!

Available in Zen shop!
    :cool:
  • gottneverwintergottneverwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nymesis92 wrote: »
    But EVERY fight has 1 thing in common. Mobs have to die. Going to let you in on something....your not going to win this argument.

I wasn't even trying to have an argument with you, kid. I was participating in a "conversation" about the topic. It's obvious you're going to just sit there and cover your ears, repeating, "no, no, no," however, so I wouldn't even attempt to argue.

Enjoy the game. I'm out.
  • nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I wasn't even trying to have an argument with you, kid. I was participating in a "conversation" about the topic. It's obvious you're going to just sit there and cover your ears, repeating, "no, no, no," however, so I wouldn't even attempt to argue.

Enjoy the game. I'm out.

So thats it then? I won? Have a great day.
  • jorril2396jorril2396 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It does count your companion which makes the board useless imo. When i had my cleric companion out i was always second in healing behind the healer
  • nemonusnemonus Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    I like to see how I stack up. If another rogue is doing tons more damage than me, then I know I need to improve in some area. You should look at it as a learning experience instead of complain about "epeen" and continuing to play in a clearly inferior manner.
    pzzdachu wrote: »
    Never seen one.

It's literally impossible that you "haven't seen one" if you're running dungeons, so I don't believe you.
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just hit the x key as soon as it pops up.

However, I really wish it wasn't even part of the game. There are other things each class can and should do, other than doing the most damage, etc..

I feel it fosters bad play, because all people care about is trying to be first on that damage list. You know that one rogue that always runs up ahead of everyone else? The one that only focuses dps on the boss and doesn't worry about taking out that caster that's nuking everyone?

Plus, I think it counts companions' damage for the player. I tested it out by using a striker companion on the storm the keep skirmish. I was playing my wizard, which is so not built for dps, but thanks to a boss fight with minimal adds, my panther, even with its horrible AI, just dps'd the boss for the five to ten minute fight, and I ended up doing more than 3 times the damage of anyone else, which I know wasn't just from my wizard.

So do you think people will bring a healer or tank companion to help out the cleric? No. They're going to bring a cat with their dps class, so they can "do the most damage."
    I bring my cleric to see if I can do the most heals. And often do. :V

Then again as a GF, and with that cleric having a heal scaled to my HP, it's not exactly fair..
  • jorril2396jorril2396 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Never seen one.

Its in every dungeon i have ever done in group. You are probably hitting x as soon as it comes up
  • cubansyruscubansyrus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17
    edited May 2013
    i like the damage taken bit as a tank if shows me at 600k and everyone is below 100k im doing my job right, i also like the
    "falls over bit" if its 0 i feel good we just flawless ran that dungeon
  • screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's actually quite useless, unless a GF is topping the list in damage etc. Then you can use it to report exploits I guess.
    edited May 2013
    jorril2396 wrote: »
    Its in every dungeon i have ever done in group. You are probably hitting x as soon as it comes up

Or hasn't even done a single dungeon and thinks he is doing dungeons when he goes into a solo instance doing quest stuff. :cool::cool:
  • redallexyeahredallexyeah Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    I think this might be a boy issue (cause they do seem to like comparing things to see which one is bigger or better)

Was that really relevant, madame?

In any case: No. Just press 'X' to get rid of it. Not like it makes you wait thirty seconds to clear it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Through wisdom, people find strength. Through strength, power. Through power, truth of character.

Such is the cycle, and so it shall remain.
  • yourmomisabootyourmomisaboot Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TLDR: OP is bad and doesn't want to be reminded of it every time.
    edited May 2013
    Played only solo.
  • nemonusnemonus Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    Played only solo.

Well then, yeah. You wouldn't get comparison charts because there's no one to compare yourself against. :/
    edited May 2013
    Hmmmm maybe we are having a miss communication. A dungeon to me is the over all game. Is this one o those flags sticking out of the mini map???
    edited May 2013
    nemonus wrote: »
    Well then, yeah. You wouldn't get comparison charts because there's no one to compare yourself against. :/

Unless you like to RP a character with a split personality. That can be fun.
  • klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think this might be a boy issue (cause they do seem to like comparing things to see which one is bigger or better)
    Was that really relevant, madame?

Ok, Ok maybe I poked a little too hard, but I'm in a silly mood tonight and I meant it tongue in cheek. Don't pick on me :P
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    0/10

Wouldn't read again, childish and silly.
  • callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah your right.

If you do terribad dmamage why would you want to see it so everyone can lulz at you
  • redallexyeahredallexyeah Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, Ok maybe I poked a little too hard, but I'm in a silly mood tonight and I meant it tongue in cheek. Don't pick on me :P

Yeah, I figured as much. You might wanna relax on that, though. With the forums going insane over a few things, people are gonna get testy. But no worries - I took no offense. In any case - that seems to be the only way. The interface doesn't allow for cancelling it out, right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Through wisdom, people find strength. Through strength, power. Through power, truth of character.

Such is the cycle, and so it shall remain.
  • brakkish1brakkish1 Member, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like it when others are forced to see how cool I am and marvel at my excellence.

I am Dwarven Five. Autographs can be had at the end of the dungeon.
    edited May 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    Don't apologize. The male community is always trying to poke each other on forums too.

Yes... pun intended.
    edited May 2013
    Why be the best Guardian in the whole community when people will just point and laugh?
  • awakakakaawakakaka Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All statistics are good, if you dont like it just dont look at it or hide it with X, i would like to have even more statistics in advanced view, because statistics and tests and all those little twitches and changes makes you stronger in the end.