test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Broken Feat - Shield Defense (Protection) Guardian Fighter

2»

Comments

• ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mr. Crush - Thanks for the update again. I did not see anything pertaining to this feat on the patches notes from yesterday so I assume they are not in.

The community has created a post (requested to be stickied) in the Barracks/Class forums that has highlighted every known bug for guardian fighters we have encountered.

Being that this list is progressing daily, is there a possibility that we can get feat respecs turned off? We're not trying to screw you guys out of making money but when the actual feats in the tree don't work it's not entirely fair to us either to make us pay you to have us test stuff. Or even if there were a test server where we could create max level characters and spec them how we want to test things, that would be extremely helpful and would cut down on the amount of *****ing going on around here about respecs.

And if you have been with Cryptic long then you know in Champions Online we had the training area where we could try out stuff without it locking into place so we weren't forced to blindly choose stuff and realize it doesn't work the way we thought it would(or is broken).

Anyways thanks for the help.
  • anarchtoranarchtor Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm still having this problem.

5 Feat points into Shield Defense Currently only gives 1 better AC instead of 5.
  • kazogothkazogoth Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shield Talent isnt working at all.
    0 AC bonus.
  • kazogothkazogoth Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anarchtor wrote: »
    I'm still having this problem.

5 Feat points into Shield Defense Currently only gives 1 better AC instead of 5.

I think that +1 bonus that appears may come from another Feat. Armor specialization seems to be working since i get more total DR than the one that appears when i put the mouse over Defense.
    Sorry for the double post.
  • jeesusapinajeesusapina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kazogoth wrote: »
    I think that +1 bonus that appears may come from another Feat. Armor specialization seems to be working since i get more total DR than the one that appears when i put the mouse over Defense.
    Sorry for the double post.

Dont know about Armor Specialization but I did check AC before and after spending the first point in Shield Defense feat and it did, in fact, yield +1 to AC. However, the points spent after that had no effect according to character sheet - like others have previously stated. Anyhow... that's what happened in my case.

Hopefully this gets fixed in such manner that we don't have to reset feats :)

Ps. Thanks for the System Designer for looking into this! :)
  • agodbeaagodbea Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    could it be that the +5 only applies when blocking?
    edited May 2013
    It has now been FIFTEEN days since this post was created.

Group PVE mechanics are deteriorating as more and more parties refuse/kick GFs and to a less extent GWFs.

Two out of three trees are trash in GF.

We certainly appreciate some of the patches you have put out but can't you do something and at least put a sticky on the forums and consolidate all broken feats and powers?

I am astounded at Cryptic's lack of communication with their players and these one liner "Thanks for the input guys, we're working on it!" If you don't have the authority/guts/whatever to answer some of these questions as community people, get your producer out here and have him start answering questions.

1) What is the plan for gameplay/mechanic issues i.e. threat/healing/tanking etc
    2) When are broken feats/powers going to be fixed
    3) When will you guys actively provide information about broken powers/feats so you don't rip off your players

FYI: Here's some links to other MMOs that SHARE information with their players about current bugs, and provide meaningful feedback on fixing them

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8568887288

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=55882

http://forums.riftgame.com/public-test-shard/354496-not-2-3-pts-soul-changes-testing.html

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=235336&find=unread

And the biggest thing that I don't understand, is - You guys know there are issues with feat trees and powers. You tell the players nothing about it. The players pay money to respec. Don't you feel the slightest bit ashamed of yourselves? How can you just sit there and take people's money like that? Where is your sense of pride in your work?

It saddens me greatly - for the players, but more importantly (I swear to God this is true), you guys personally.
  • exyliadexyliad Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any news on this? It's been a while and I can't find any recent statements about this from any admin or dev :(
  • exyliadexyliad Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...yet still nothing. NO information WHATSOEVER is given by any admin/dev about any of this, it seems like GFs are at the bottom of their priority list :/
  • marzattakzmarzattakz Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    ceonnyn wrote: »

Group PVE mechanics are deteriorating as more and more parties refuse/kick GFs and to a less extent GWFs.

We certainly appreciate some of the patches you have put out but can't you do something and at least put a sticky on the forums and consolidate all broken feats and powers?

I am astounded at Cryptic's lack of communication with their players and these one liner "Thanks for the input guys, we're working on it!" If you don't have the authority/guts/whatever to answer some of these questions as community people, get your producer out here and have him start answering questions.

1) What is the plan for gameplay/mechanic issues i.e. threat/healing/tanking etc
    3) When will you guys actively provide information about broken powers/feats so you don't rip off your players

FYI: Here's some links to other MMOs that SHARE information with their players about current bugs, and provide meaningful feedback on fixing them

http://forums.riftgame.com/public-test-shard/354496-not-2-3-pts-soul-changes-testing.html

And the biggest thing that I don't understand, is - You guys know there are issues with feat trees and powers. You tell the players nothing about it. The players pay money to respec. Don't you feel the slightest bit ashamed of yourselves? How can you just sit there and take people's money like that? Where is your sense of pride in your work?

It saddens me greatly - for the players, but more importantly (I swear to God this is true), you guys personally.

Excellent post here!
  • dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @ ceonnyn

Wow, your post explain it all. I feel bad that several (if not a majority) of the GF feats are broken while they have been reported 3 weeks ago, detailed, explained with screenshots.

You advertise your game as an open beta, and you make us pay to test your class feat tree that is clearly dysfunctional while providing no feedback, no ETA on fixes and/or even confirmation our report are being read by the developers or someone. I mean, if your class still need to be tested, it's fine, but could you a least make it free to respec until all the bugs/glitchs are found, reported and fixed? Or if not, please cooperate, communicate with us and show willingness to bring a solution, stop being silent and give us a clear report about the class, the issue you are facing and what you are working on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    dartakx wrote: »
    @ ceonnyn

Wow, your post explain it all. I feel bad that several (if not a majority) of the GF feats are broken while they have been reported 3 weeks ago, detailed, explained with screenshots.

You advertise your game as an open beta, and you make us pay to test your class feat tree that is clearly dysfunctional while providing no feedback, no ETA on fixes and/or even confirmation our report are being read by the developers or someone. I mean, if your class still need to be tested, it's fine, but could you a least make it free to respec until all the bugs/glitchs are found, reported and fixed? Or if not, please cooperate, communicate with us and show willingness to bring a solution, stop being silent and give us a clear report about the class, the issue you are facing and what you are working on.

Thanks! I know it's beating a dead horse, but I mean think of all the people who have spent money customizing their character a certain way based upon assumptions that were invalid (i.e. broken powers & feats). And not only is Cryptic aware of that, they still make you pay money in order to respec out of it.

The fact is, they still have not provided any sort of online notification that certain powers & feats are bugged, and that players should not spec into them. Instead, it is much easier to take money from people. That's the morality issue I have problems with. I just don't see how they can, in good conscience, do that.

Of course, the only thing they are hurting is their reputation, and I guarantee that in the future people will be wary of MMOs that try to pull stuff like what has been done and call it "Open Beta" yet charge money to test things.
  • wednesdaywoe13wednesdaywoe13 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think free respecs will be in order if/when they sort this mess out. I've spent over $20 just on respecs, trying to figure out something that I could live with. I'm at 60 now, and my GF struggles with a lot of vanilla PvE content. Hits like a wet noodle, generates little threat, guard meter breaks within seconds of blocking, often unable to get out of AoEs in time for various reasons (usually locked in an animation or something), abundance of enemies that can knock me down while I'm blocking, etc.

For what's it's worth, I enjoyed playing my GF right up until about 50 or so. Now it's just frustrating.
  • ifros7ifros7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ceonnyn wrote: »

excellent post, my thoughts exactly- PWE/Cryptic should take this seriously, we are paying money for re-specs because powers/feats does not work as intended, broken and or a mix with poor tool-tips.