test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Critical Cleric (Deistik's build)

Comments

• barofskibarofski Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I totally agree with our healing debuff (Righteousness) being completely unnecessary. Watching your video and just spamming the health stones from the zen store, since healing pots are worth jack - 8,500 ? Running castle never where 1 mob hits me for 4,000, and there are like 6 of them + aoe's... 8.5k seems really dumb - with a 12 second CD.

Other then that I do like the build though. Still debating what T2 set to go, either the 5% heal proc or 450 pwr crit to party. Not sure yet, but I'll take whatever drops for now :-x
    trixx-signature_zps863bb989.jpg
  • nailozinnailozin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the exact same question barofski. Do you know for how long the grand templar set bonus stays? Because it procs every 45s. The uptime of that buff might be very important for us to consider which set bonus is better... I already have 3 miracle healer and 1 grand templar but still not equipped then.
  • lectorzlectorz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In the description of Healing Action informs that "gain 1/2/3% more action power" but why the maximum is 5 feat points, the description is wrong?
  • montiblancmontiblanc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    jaymccloud wrote: »
    Prophecy of doom looks bugged to me... i have tested only in the dummy.
    I was hitting at lvl 56 for 490-505 with sacred flame. Casted POD and the dmg is the same.
    Another thing... the tooltip of POD says that in divinity it "increases the damage and reduces further the defense".
    Withou divinity i do 2700-3000ish when it explodes. With divinity, does the same dmg and when i hit with sacred flame it does 330-400 dmg. It actually lowers my dmg.

Anyone know something about it?

hey delstik there goes your build again huhuhu
  • nvmbanelingsnvmbanelings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    huh.

how much more healing does the 1/2/3% more healing from wisdom provide? i'm guessing its pretty much worthless.
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    huh.

how much more healing does the 1/2/3% more healing from wisdom provide? i'm guessing its pretty much worthless.

Well for me Astral Shield probably heals for around 350 with my stats if I was to strip various bonuses (like that feat) so it probably adds around 10.5 healing per tick. I know that sounds like a really low number but when our other first tier feats are what they are... what else do you put 5 points in? They're all of dubious value.
  • dcronusdcronus Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well for me Astral Shield probably heals for around 350 with my stats if I was to strip various bonuses (like that feat) so it probably adds around 10.5 healing per tick. I know that sounds like a really low number but when our other first tier feats are what they are... what else do you put 5 points in? They're all of dubious value.

Toughness...? I'd take 9% more HPS over 3% more healing any day.. and you still have 2 points you can put into (the apparently bugged) Healing Action
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Funny we should mention Greater Fortune. I've been messing around with it over Healing Action, and it literally just adds 1% per point to how much healing WIS does for you on your character screen. With how ambiguously Healing Action is worded, and the straight +3% to healing (with no DR), I've actually been trying out a build of 3/3 toughness, 3/3 Greater fortune, 4/5 Domain Synergy, and 2/3 Cleanse.

I just don't like how there's no real way to test Healing Action, when the tooltip is already bugged in the first place.
  • aceeastonaceeaston Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where do you get the holy avenger weapon enchant?
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Holy Avenger shards from dungeons. I'm getting close to a greater holy avenger enchant :)
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    deistik wrote: »
    Holy Avenger shards from dungeons. I'm getting close to a greater holy avenger enchant :)

Does the 60 second CD reduce at higher tiers of Holy Avenger? I considered it at one time but decided against it because of that darn 60 second CD giving it low up-time. My guild has close to 40 of the darn things though because no one wants them.

Personally I've decided to go after Vorpal. 25% crit severity for a normal Vorpal, not sure what greater gives. The reason for Vorpal is that Repurpose Soul is 15% of the crit damage, bigger crits = bigger heals. I also assume crit severity applies to crit heals. The only other option I considered is the Life Steal (lifedrinker?).
  • aceeastonaceeaston Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks man. You don't play on Dragon by chance do you? Like I said earlier, I hit 60 2 days ago and I've already managed to rack up some nice epics. This build makes it easy to keep everyone alive.
  • milfman32milfman32 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hey got a few questions here
    ive already started a cleric which is level 13 and ive messed it up real bad so is there anyway to undo wht i ve done or will i have to start all over again?
    2 more thing since u said this is an endgame build shud i follow it from level 1 or should i change my build once ive reached level 60?
    and lastly with this build sis u have any trouble leveling up and dungeoning (alone)?
  • uberguberuberguber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You can get back to level 13 in a few hours. If you want to redo, don't waste money. Just start over.
    Noli sinere te ab improbis opprimi
  • marzattakzmarzattakz Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    milfman32 wrote: »
    hey got a few questions here
    ive already started a cleric which is level 13 and ive messed it up real bad so is there anyway to undo wht i ve done or will i have to start all over again?

If you're only level 13 you're better off mailing items and materials to your account and rerolling tbh.
    edited May 2013
    Does the 60 second CD reduce at higher tiers of Holy Avenger? I considered it at one time but decided against it because of that darn 60 second CD giving it low up-time. My guild has close to 40 of the darn things though because no one wants them.

Personally I've decided to go after Vorpal. 25% crit severity for a normal Vorpal, not sure what greater gives. The reason for Vorpal is that Repurpose Soul is 15% of the crit damage, bigger crits = bigger heals. I also assume crit severity applies to crit heals. The only other option I considered is the Life Steal (lifedrinker?).

Nope. It just has a higher proc rate, and does more of your weapon damage. I was originally going for vorpal, but been passing all of them to our CW. Depending on how much the DR from Avenger is needed, I may swap it back out sometime. But for now, DR > heals.
  • trimptrimp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wondering if you've covered or thought about vorpal enchants as weapon enhancement slots? if so/not, what are your thoughts being as this is a crit build?
  • itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Op i wonder if i could ask u some questions i have about clerics, i would post it in the forums but i dont have the right's yet to post threads '-.-, so here goe's if anybody minds answering these questions i would very much apreciate it a lot.

Normal skills question's and heroic feats :

1. If i buff a normal skill with the paragon tree to have a healling effect (like whispers of doom) wil it then become effected by the heroic feat " healing action"?
    2. When a normal damage spell crit's and i have the feat crit heals for 15% of the dps wil it become effected by "healing action"?
    3. How do DoT's work in this game with critical chance? is the initial hit critical rolled and all of the DoT's critical, ore is every single hit rolled for crit%?
    4. Are temporary hit points considered "heals" (for passive syngergy purposses)

Paragon questions :

5. the paragon passive "cycle of change dictates 2% more encounter damage on every critical heal, is a "astral seal" that is
    critical-hit by a party member considered a "critical heal" aswell?

I had a lot more questions but i cant seem to think of them at this point, but any of these answered would help me out a lot, imp retty new to MMO's and D&D games but im a major fan of theorycrafting.
    (im building a necromancer cleric buff/debuff away! *crosses fingers*)
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • therealalientherealalien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    I was wondering why you didn't max Divine Armor? It seems like a really epic ability.
    edited May 2013
    Because if I use a daily other than Hallowed Ground, I fail?
  • trimptrimp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because if I use a daily other than Hallowed Ground, I fail?

best reply possible, ha
  • yoichinoyumiyoichinoyumi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've never have use for divine armor myself, until castle never. In castle never when people are spiking hard, divine armor is really nice for emergency. Use it like WoW's raid cooldown, if anyone get the reference.
    edited May 2013
    I still feel the DR from HG is better than a ward that is quickly eaten up by the damage. 15 sec of DR > 3 sec of wards. If people are spiking hard, they're supposed to use a pot.
  • yoichinoyumiyoichinoyumi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you're forgetting that divine armor DR buff is 15 sec duration also.
    edited May 2013
    And HG is also a damage buff. We can argue all night, I still say HG is basically the only daily to cast in a group. :)
    edited May 2013
    Hence why I said divine armor is for emergency only, no one is arguing about how good is HG, I use it most of the time too.
    edited May 2013
    I still use HG in emergencies because it's also a HoT. I'm not arguing DA is terrible, just never seen a real use for it, even in Castle Never. To each his own, man, play how you want :)
  • dcronusdcronus Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    HG feated gives allies +5% of the MAX HPs every 3 seconds

That would negate the benefit of the DA +temp HPs.. right?

I can maybe see the benefit of DA as an emergency button, but as Deistik said, if people are spiking then they should use a pot
    edited May 2013
    dcronus wrote: »
    HG feated gives allies +5% of the MAX HPs every 3 seconds

That would negate the benefit of the DA +temp HPs.. right?

I can maybe see the benefit of DA as an emergency button, but as Deistik said, if people are spiking then they should use a pot

Pretty much this. The only other daily I use is Flame Strike during delves speed runs. The burst damage on trash packs is quicker than 15 seconds of 15% more damage in a lot of situations. Flame Strike is also really useful for dislodging tossed enemies that didn't quite make it in the pit they were supposed to die in.
    edited May 2013
    Flamestrike happens to be the only other daily I maxed rank on <3