test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The reason I'm playing NW less

edurna1edurna1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Let me preface this by saying I really enjoy the game. It is the first mmo to grab and keep my attention since WoW, which I hardcore raided on for 8 years. That being said, I am playing less and less every day. I find it way too difficult to find groups to do T2 + Castle Never with. It's also extremely difficult to find a guild/group that runs these without:

-Relying on exploits
-Using a GF to one-shot bosses
-Completely avoiding mechanics by stacking two cleric circles

Even when you manage to find a guild that doesn't do one of the above, they typically have set in stone groups and there are no openings for you. The guild recruitment forums and zone chat definitely need to be re-worked as well. Separate Shard forums + a Trade Chat / LFG Chat would go a long way with helping this.

I'm not even going to go into PvP since we all know how broken that currently is. I realize Neverwinter was just released but the game-breaking glitches/exploits/unintended stuff needs to be top priority and fixed straight away.

The only other thing I dislike about Neverwinter aside from the above is that 95% of boss are the same. Deal with non-stop waves of adds and move out of red circles. My favorite fight is probably the last boss in Epic Spellplague just because it is so different from most other encounters.

I love everything else about the game and hope we can get some desperately needed patches rolled out soon.

Comments

• lotsabulletslotsabullets Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lets face it - In every single mmo around, pugs (that's pick up groups) are usually sub average.
    The obvious solution is to get a guild and setup a regular group to run instances with.
    You can pick the best players you can find, assuming they also consider you a good player.
    You could get some real life friends to do that same thing, but it's quite hard to get them all in the same game given the amount of available mmo out there :)