Game needs a full Character Wipe.

Comments

• darkwingz88darkwingz88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly economic is so broken right now because:
    1. people farmed doomguide duty
    2. people farm castle never with exploits
    3. hotn had 2milion and guardiands had 700k headstart

Sorry but those 3 reasons are why you cant take this game seriously and probably when something else comes out Im just moving out and never play any f2p games.

I seriously thought this would be different case.
  • ddpearlddpearl Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's their own fault they exploited the game and got everything with such an ease and now are bored or not satisfied with their best gear. I've been playing this for quite a while now, only lvl43 with crappy gear and loving it, only thing I hate is pvp afkers but that's another story. So quit whining if you cheated your way through the game and now feel bored -.-
  • xantrisxantris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    There are other options, like relegating the current shards into legacy status and making a new stricter shard.

They want to collapse the shards into one, not open new ones and further split the user base. Your suggestion would ultimately hurt the game more in the long run.
  • datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I don't suppose you have official word on everything else other than that shard merging? And compared to character wipe, making new shards is a far less drastic action, which would also solve the various issues mentioned here.

Just to be clear,I do not disagree with your idea or think it's in any way a bad idea.

The official word is,servers are to be merged in the near future,there is no official talk or confirmation that existing server space will or won't ever be converted to servers with different rulesets.

Yes it's an assumption on my behalf,but an assumption on the fact that Cryptic/PWE have no interest in anything but merging existing servers.
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xantris wrote: »
    They want to collapse the shards into one, not open new ones and further split the user base. Your suggestion would ultimately hurt the game more in the long run.
    It might, but so would letting the current status quo stand.
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ddpearl wrote: »
    It's their own fault they exploited the game and got everything with such an ease and now are bored or not satisfied with their best gear. I've been playing this for quite a while now, only lvl43 with crappy gear and loving it, only thing I hate is pvp afkers but that's another story. So quit whining if you cheated your way through the game and now feel bored -.-
    NO ONE CARES ABOUT PEOPLE THAT LEVELED TO 60 THROUGH EXPLOITS.

This is about the ECONOMY.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ddpearl wrote: »

After reading this, I wanted to stab myself in the face with a pen, repeatively.
  • taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    datemper wrote: »
    True,nobody should be concerned how fast others level legitimately.I've bolded the important word.

Allowing cheating/exploiting to happen for too long without exploits being fixed and the abusers unpunished does not bode well for any developers game.It encourages *exploit early and exploit often* gameplay.

You may feel different when your experience points are halved or loot is diminished or maybe content that your currently playing is completely removed.Already legit players pay the penalty for exploit abusers through the fixing of the foundry.

Will you stay apathetic until it only affects you ? Who will be left to stand by your side when you eventually have issues about limited or pulled content because a few thousand individuals decided to abuse bugs/exploits rather than report and move on ?

Notice how all the naysayers just turn a blind eye to the more logical posts in here?
  • datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It might, but so would letting the current status quo stand.

Maybe they could do a wipe when the servers are merged.

I dunno lol,ideas and implementing them is a developers responsibility.Ultimately and realistically I can only give feedback and opinion,without the access to code and blueprint for game development I'm rather clueless and suggestions seem pointless.They pay people to come up with solutions,I'm just a beta dummy. haha
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    NO ONE CARES ABOUT PEOPLE THAT LEVELED TO 60 THROUGH EXPLOITS.

This is about the ECONOMY.

A Perfect World ran game and ECONOMY .... Oh Mr Maho, you entertain me!
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you guys that dense?

This is about the game economy NOT people exploiting to get to 60 fast, no one cares about that.

The economy which started out in the "completely screwed" position because some fraction of the playerbase got to start with Giant Piles Of Diamonds and a 5-day headstart. So wipe/restart wouldn't really do all that much.

(edit: well, besides cause a massive internet uproar, and destroy the playerbase & their game)
    edited May 2013
    taemekeg wrote: »
    Notice how all the naysayers just turn a blind eye to the more logical posts in here?

To be fair

Not everyone has been alpha,closed and open beta testing/playing games for 20+ years or the ability to look at the bigger picture of a games development,or even the ability to understand how one persons actions can effect the whole games community.
  • demonishademonisha Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Free to play, cannot get to upset about that. I have a bright side to this game, yes I spent little over 80$ on this game, it has taught me that for just 80$ you can learn what not to spend your money on.. you dont have to spend money on this game anymore pretty much everything you can possibly need will be right there in their **** for an excuse of a auction house. This game may be open beta, but I am sorry where I come from you dont start charging people until you have a finished product. This open beta cash shop **** is so much a scam.. but its only a scam if you let yourself be scammed by it.. I gave em 80$ and learned a good lesson about PWE, they only care about the money, not you, not me.. not anyone except maybe the idiots who thought 200$ was worth it for the most common creature in any mmo for a mount.. a spider.. really thinking outside the box on that one.. anyways cant complain I was stupid enough to spend 80$, but I wasnt stupid enough to spend 200$ thank god. haha anyways have a good one, keep this game on the back burner, maybe PWE will come around, doubtful since money tends to pretty much rule people like them.
  • yupp99yupp99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    True,nobody should be concerned how fast others level legitimately.I've bolded the important word.

Allowing cheating/exploiting to happen for too long without exploits being fixed and the abusers unpunished does not bode well for any developers game.It encourages *exploit early and exploit often* gameplay.

You may feel different when your experience points are halved or loot is diminished or maybe content that your currently playing is completely removed.Already legit players pay the penalty for exploit abusers through the fixing of the foundry.

Will you stay apathetic until it only affects you ? Who will be left to stand by your side when you eventually have issues about limited or pulled content because a few thousand individuals decided to abuse bugs/exploits rather than report and move on ?

Wow drama 101.So not being a busy body is being apathetic.Who knew.As far as cheaters and yes that is up to Crytic to deal with.The vast majority of people aren't exploiting the system imho.So punishing them because of a small percentage of people that do?That always works..oh wait it doesnt.As far as people standing by my side..lol give me a break.
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    The economy which started out in the "completely screwed" position because some fraction of the playerbase got to start with Giant Piles Of Diamonds and a 5-day headstart. So wipe/restart wouldn't really do all that much.

(edit: well, besides cause a massive internet uproar, and destroy the playerbase & their game)

While it's true some people may have purchased packs exclusively for perks/AD,not all did.You have generalized and stereotyped.

It's akin to me stating the portion of the player base that are free to play homewreckers have destroyed the game via exploits.It's a sweeping generalization and serves no purpose but to inflame the target of your disdain.

I have HoTN and the Guardian pack on one account,I ditched my AD with my first character in open beta.If the servers were rolled back I'd ditch it again,playing as intended nets me enough AD/Zen/Gold to advance my characters just fine.I had the opportunity to start 5 days in advance but only managed to total around 5 hours,I wasn't aware that there was a race to the top of a ladder season or some sort of riches achievement activated.

You see,you've generalized and put me into a category I don't belong.best stop please.
    EDIT:2.5 million or so AD for both packs.Chump change of what I could make if I decide to play this game 24/7
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    A Perfect World ran game and ECONOMY .... Oh Mr Maho, you entertain me!
    Well it's my first PW game (and most likely my last).

:)
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While it's true some people may have purchased packs exclusively for perks/AD,not all did.You have generalized and stereotyped.

I didn't say anything about anyone's motivations. I just stated a fact - the economy started unbalanced. Large amounts of instant AD is large amounts of instant AD, regardless of the person who has it.... it's still there, being used, and warping the initial economy. No malice intended.

edit: of course, the big market wheeler-dealers certainly took advantage of the fact that their fellow head-starters had piles o' diamonds to spend.
  • nenad352838nenad352838 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yupp99 wrote: »
    Wow drama 101.So not being a busy body is being apathetic.Who knew.As far as cheaters and yes that is up to Crytic to deal with.The vast majority of people aren't exploiting the system imho.So punishing them because of a small percentage of people that do?That always works..oh wait it doesnt.As far as people standing by my side..lol give me a break.

That "small percentage of people" are already punishing other legit players.
  • cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You're delusional if you think it's a small number of people who are exploiting. All you had to do was watch zone chat during foundry exploit times and now Pirate King instance farm groups. I'd wager at this point more people have exploited that instance, been in a group that has exploited it, or bought items that came directly because of the exploit than haven't. I even have more proof than you do (Auction house lately?) that it's not a minority of people exploiting/benefiting from the exploit.

So bub it's not dramatic at all and most likely just as bad as it seems if not worse (one shotting tier 2 bosses are you serious?) so take off the rose colored glasses.
  • purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Im a legit lvl 60. I never seen any bugs that would have gotten me there quicker either, and im sure the majority of players probably did not find them or if they did im sure there was some that did notice but didnt use the exploit. Ive never felt the need to "cheat" on a game anyway.
    Either way even if they did a wipe, as long as i got all my HOTN stuff and all the zen i bought replaced I really wouldnt care if they did.
    edited May 2013
    cocksworth wrote: »
    You're delusional if you think it's a small number of people who are exploiting. All you had to do was watch zone chat during foundry exploit times and now Pirate King instance farm groups. I'd wager at this point more people have exploited that instance, been in a group that has exploited it, or bought items that came directly because of the exploit than haven't. I even have more proof than you do (Auction house lately?) that it's not a minority of people exploiting/benefiting from the exploit.

So bub it's not dramatic at all most likely just as bad as it seems if not worse (one shotting tier 2 bosses are you serious?) so take off the rose colored glasses.

Still a minority. Most people don't even bother with zone chat. And people who mistakenly joined an exploiting group or mistakenly bought an item derived form exploiting shouldn't be considered exploiting.
    edited May 2013
    Well it's my first PW game (and most likely my last).

:)

They do have some good games but they have no idea how to make an in game market run :<
  • purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    wait... I take that back. I DID cheat on the original Mario Bro's. up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right. But that is it!
    edited May 2013
    wait... I take that back. I DID cheat on the original Mario Bro's. up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right. But that is it!

Stop pretending to be an oldscrub.
  • xxviimbxxviimb Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    taemekeg wrote: »
    Imho, so many players have used and abused so many ways to level and cheat their way through to max level and farm millions of AD via exploits and in my eyes, these people have already quit the game.

There should be a full game wipe of all characters once all the issues are fixed and rectified.

I agree, Does not bother me that they cheated though tbh.
    I would be fine with a wipe, as long as I get refunded my 100$
    "You have a wife and kids? If so, what would happen, if we called you in at 1am, everytime something went wrong!
    Be respectful, remember, you PLAY the game at your convenience, they WORK at no ones."
    edited May 2013

CHEAT LIGHTWEIGHT! Me when I was playing NES games I used a Game Genie! Like. A. Boss.
  • cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still a minority. Most people don't even bother with zone chat. And people who mistakenly joined an exploiting group or mistakenly bought an item derived form exploiting shouldn't be considered exploiting.

So when the most common method for doing a thing that people are doing is through an exploit somehow less people are doing it even though it's a super well known bug and not fixed? If you're talking about non level 60s than of course it's a minority but that's just because the "vast majority" of players probably got to around 15 and quit the game or are otherwise completely disinterested with end game.

So if they don't have any progress to lose they shouldn't care about a wipe either. Unless you're claiming it's hard to get back up to level 32 or something. Honestly if a wipe doesn't happen it won't matter what your opinion on the subject is cause the game will pretty much implode.
    edited May 2013
    So when the most common method for doing a thing that people are doing is through an exploit somehow less people are doing it even though it's a super well known bug and not fixed? If you're talking about non level 60s than of course it's a minority but that's just because the "vast majority" of players probably got to around 15 and quit the game or are otherwise completely disinterested with end game.

So if they don't have any progress to lose they shouldn't care about a wipe either. Unless you're claiming it's hard to get back up to level 32 or something. Honestly if a wipe doesn't happen it won't matter what your opinion on the subject is cause the game will pretty much implode.

Just to say in advance that I AM for something to be done, whether a wipe, new servers, or otherwise. I'm just correcting misconceptions, that's all.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Your doom will happen if a wipe is done as well. I know several people myself included that have not exploited, have spent money, and would do charge backs and quit if a wipe is done. Please think thru the consequences of your suggestions. Your suggestion amounts to close servers before open beta finishes.
    edited May 2013

Wow drama 101.Really necessary ?

You're an enabler,yes sir!

And when it's time for your whine about content being pulled/nerfed or whatever it is that effects you,you'll be the loudest whiner in the room,and by the time you're ready to whine looking for backup your support crowd will most likely already be long gone or just won't care.

Again,the vast majority isn't the problem,the few thousand that are is the problem.Kripparian (streamer) alone enjoys thousands of worldwide subs,he is a known exploiter,he casts his exploiting live to thousands of eager wannabe exploiters.

It only takes a handful of people to control a MMO economy mate.You are deluded if you don't believe developers don't already punish the legit majority in todays MMOs and you're right it doesn't work,but is standard MMO developer practice none the less.Seriously where have you been hiding all these years.

It's great that you're a lone wolf that needs no community and stands head and shoulders above the crowd commanding great power and influence amongst players and developers alike,for most of us are simply meak beta players strugging to make a game we invested in a better experience for everyone.
This discussion has been closed.