test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do i find my own quest?

lymethlymeth Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Besides scrolling through the "For Review" list one by one, is there any other way for me to access my own quest after i've published it? I spent so many days working on my own quest and i couldn't find it to play.. It's so discouraging.
Require reviews ^.^

Life and Times of Allen Doo (NWS-DKBWUCL85)
- Prelude: Brokenshield Fight Club (NW-DQV2PNOEO)
Post edited by lymeth on

Comments

• braxcabalbraxcabal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You have to use your quest ID to search for it, ie. NW-DC2VJJHTR, instead of the name of your quest.
    Post it here and cross your fingers that others will try it out and rate it, from what I understand your Foundry quest needs a certain amount of plays/reviews before it's open to search by name. Hope this helps.

Oh, and that for review list is very laggy for me...
    NW-DC2VJJHTR - The Cursed Crypt (work in progress)
  • thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I WILL test it OH YES, i will. lol

EDIT: per previous post please do find the funnyy messed up number that is a complete pain, but the only way right now.. however i am fighting for you. lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • lymethlymeth Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah.. that's good. They should put that information on some pop up screen after the publish button is clicked.
    Require reviews ^.^

Life and Times of Allen Doo (NWS-DKBWUCL85)
    - Prelude: Brokenshield Fight Club (NW-DQV2PNOEO)
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Member Posts: 2,073 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic you should add some kind of shareable hyperlink to foundry quests.
    Or at least a search function in the reviews section.
    Took two days to review my friend's quest because neither of us could track it down.
  • straytoasterstraytoaster Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't know you could search by ID#. I published an adventure a week ago and had been waiting to see it appear. This was really useful info.
    Author of: My Dreams of Blood - NW-DM8RPLWP2
  • humanoidtypoonhumanoidtypoon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay, I copied down my ID#, but the For Review quests don't have the ability to search through them like that. Unless someone knows something that I don't know. I tried plugging it in under the New ones, but that didn't yield any results.
  • guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SO>>> if I understand this correctly, No one can find your published quest unless it gets reviewed? How can anyone review your quest if they can't find it? Is it up to the people you know (ie. friends and family) to play your quest and review? hmmm... I've published my own quest but I can't find it .. I'll try looking for the number.......... ................... ...........Ok, that didn't work either. Still can't find my quest. Any ideas here?
  • myrkolithmyrkolith Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Basically the way it now works every new quest goes into the For Review Tab (which requires a Foundry pack or level 15 to get access to)

Once it gets 5-6 reviews with ratings it will move over to the New Tab, but yeah considering the huge list that is there it's really hard to find your quest, I had to sit there and scroll through to find it then subscribe to my own quest to hang onto it. Then I could just take the quest and share with friends, family, guildmates etc to get enough reviews for it to hit the New Tab.
    Conduit of Time: 7 Chapter Campaign in progress (Currently Chapter 6 Released)
    Search @Longshire for 12 Foundry Quests, all are story driven adventures
    Story -- Medium/Heavy, Combat -- Light/Medium, Lore -- Medium/Heavy
  • iamruneiamrune Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like to search by hande.

My own quest can for example by found quickly by opening Foundry and entering Rune in the search filed.
  • flamepointflamepoint Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having the same problem. Quest has been published for 2 days, yet it is nowhere to be seen. I tried finding it in the 'for review' tab, but after scrolling through like 200 quests, my scrollbar had barely moved 5 pixels down, so I assume they throw more than 10000 untested quests at you. Lets hope for some sort of categorising/search function there.
  • delavega86delavega86 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its really silly not to be able to search the "for review" tab.
    it is basically pure luck if your quest will get played there.
    cause scrolling manually to find it is out of the question since it is extremelly laggy.
  • myrkolithmyrkolith Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Someone posted this in another forums so I will add it here, if you go to the Best tab and search for your shortcode number then your quest will popup without having to scroll through the For review Tab.
    Conduit of Time: 7 Chapter Campaign in progress (Currently Chapter 6 Released)
    Search @Longshire for 12 Foundry Quests, all are story driven adventures
    Story -- Medium/Heavy, Combat -- Light/Medium, Lore -- Medium/Heavy