test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

can we not have a repeat of d3 please?

Comments

• kaydiechikaydiechi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    And the only place to spend zen is in pw games. And Cryptic games. If he converts the AD to zen, it's tied to neverwinter. Can't spend it in other games.

It's not like he can turn that into actual real world cash, y'know.

And besides he's farming Cryptic content, which is perfectly legit. But don't dare farm Foundry for XP.

Actually, selling raw AD could still yield great profits (16/1m)

but even more scary is his ability to amass that zen and put it into an STO account, easily destabilizing that already volatile economy, you could easily convert zen into dilithium (or credits? dont remember which) and sell those, destabilizing both games.

you may think 200m AD is not enough to do that much damage, but let me tell you, that's 100 of the maybe 2 to 3 thousand people who bought founder packs. im sure others have done the same thing.
  • davan9kdavan9k Member Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    atlantix1 wrote: »
    http://sv.twitch.tv/boolawa/b/403076723

watch the video
    some tank one shotting everything in the dungeon

seriously what da faq

my first post here:

holy **** what the **** ? thats quit worth ofc. thought about putting 600zen into respec. but now i dont want to put (anymore) money in this game. this is terrible...terrible terrible terrible.
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - never(exploitfree)winter
  • ifellfromgraceiifellfromgracei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kaydiechi wrote: »
    Actually, selling raw AD could still yield great profits (16/1m)

but even more scary is his ability to amass that zen and put it into an STO account, easily destabilizing that already volatile economy, you could easily convert zen into dilithium (or credits? dont remember which) and sell those, destabilizing both games.

you may think 200m AD is not enough to do that much damage, but let me tell you, that's 100 of the maybe 2 to 3 thousand people who bought founder packs. im sure others have done the same thing.

This is a very good post I think. He brought up a great point as well. This guy alone can account for 100 Hero packs and as he said this is the ONLY guy we know about. Just how many others out there are doing it w/o anyone knowing?
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

I"ll say it again. If someone converts AD to zen, that act ties it to NEVERWINTER. Can't transfer zen between games. He CANNOT change AD into zen and move it around. Try it. Before you convert, a pop up window asks, "If you do this, you tie the zen to this game and cannot transfer it to another."

What he did was wrong, yes. But don't exacerbate the situation by spreading complete balderdash.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • highropeshighropes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 103
    edited May 2013
    ryftlord wrote: »
    Hah... it's hard to tell how many people besides us actually appreciate the game when they complain about open beta being buggy.

I'm developer myself so I know it takes time to write everything correctly. But I would never EVER publish something with such clear holes and let real many float into it, because guess what? I would get my *** kicked SO HARD. Those guys? They have to eat it as well. Just saying, this is real life. It might look virtual, but the second you charge real money, it is real.
  • kaydiechikaydiechi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    This is a very good post I think. He brought up a great point as well. This guy alone can account for 100 Hero packs and as he said this is the ONLY guy we know about. Just how many others out there are doing it w/o anyone knowing?

i know of at least four other people doing this but they have only made a few mill each, like 10-20, that sucks but they're not completely destroying the economy.

the biggest difference between this and STO is the nonexistant relative AD injection.

on release people bought founder packs and tons of AD was injected into the game, if that doesn't stay, the economy will tank and the game will become very difficult to play. imagine trying to play when you're only allowed to get 30-40k AD a day, imagine having to farm for 3-4 days just to respec.. zen being worth 100 ad each, but not because that's the market value, but because that's the minimum that PWE allows it to go for. people won't even buy zen with ad because it would take so long to farm up that ad for the zen, and zen will have less demand and the price floor wont be low enough. no one will buy zen.

bye bye profits PWE.

obviously that's an extreme that probally wont, if ever, happen, but you get the premise.

these kind of exploits.. the damage cant be fixed... so we're just going to enjoy our **** economy now.
  • heeeeeysaheeeeeysa Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013

If one person is doing it there are hundreds/thousands more doing it as well.
  • twodollartwodollar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I"ll say it again. If someone converts AD to zen, that act ties it to NEVERWINTER. Can't transfer zen between games. He CANNOT change AD into zen and move it around. Try it. Before you convert, a pop up window asks, "If you do this, you tie the zen to this game and cannot transfer it to another."

What he did was wrong, yes. But don't exacerbate the situation by spreading complete balderdash.

If you do a bit of online browsing you will see many gold selling sites offering to buy AD atm for 5 to 12 dollars per million so you do the math 200milling x say even 5 bucks = !!!! real money through paypal
    Please don't run. You will just die tired :)
  • rycegamingrycegaming Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    Some guy on D2JSP already made $700 by doing this exploit.
    edited May 2013

if thats the case then i stand corrected, but even with that true it doesn't change the situation that this game is facing, and still my point remains valid, even if he(and by extension he=group of exploiters totaling more than he has since 200m is still a drop in the bucket) keeps the AD, the economy still suffers a devastating blow as a result, a devastating blow that would not have happened, but rather have had happened slowly over the course of a month or two if this exploit did not exist.
  • maddrivermaddriver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is such a letdown, as issues that also affect PW directly aren't the highest priority at the moment.
    Ignum Campaign NWS-DBBV2EY9G
    "The quest for the Book of Ignum"
    Chapter 1 Path to the Underworld NW-DA4N8EOZD
    "I have seen your future. I have seen your end"
  • atlantix1atlantix1 Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    you have absolutely zero understanding of the way economics works then.

ill try to dumb it down as best i can.

there is a hard cap of 20 thousand astral diamonds per character being generated a day, all other income is netted through means of player exchange, the vast majority of all AD running around currently is regurgitated founders money. the exploiters who are amassing these obscene numbers of money are taking this AD out of play because they'll be selling it, if they don't convert it to zen (escpecially because zen isn't tradable).

maybe some will come back into play via the sales, but regardless, this amassing on a large scale will cause all other actual AD prices to drop, and relative prices to zen to rise, causing zen to become increasingly more difficult to buy, and causing astral diamonds tobecome lower and lower in value, until a point where you will not even be able to afford simple things such as a respec with out paying real cash.

with out injecting more ad into the economy, or redistributing the ad on the banned accounts, the economy will eventually dwindle away.

this combined with the out of play AD on accounts that quit or have since became inactive will just make this game stagnate to a painful level. come back in two months and you'll know what i mean. (hell if you're observant you've had already noticed this trend, its not natural, what has happened in the last week to the ad prices should have had happened over a month period, or longer, but instead it happend far too fast..)

so yes this affects EVERYONE. i don't need your shortsighted bull**** telling me to stop playing because im mad at other people getting things that dont affect me. this DOES affect me, and it affects YOU.

legit players suffer from this more than any one else.

My dear friend,
    you seem frustrated by this issue.. i understand your frustration.. you have fears about the future of the game and the economy of the game..
    let me remind you something.. there are couple things people exploited past couple days.. Crafting assets and epic pirate king..
    1) pirate king > every drop from this boss goes for around 5k AD... people just try to sell these stuff for gold at the moment becuase no one is buying it..
    2) crafting box quest > this affected crafting asset prices in a good way.. at the moment you can buy green quality asset for 15k.. why would i complain.. 4 days ago iron swivel knife was 150k, today its 15k.. i'm happy with the outcome honestly..

None of the exploits above affected the economy badly.. it made the prices go low..

Secondly you claim some people made MILLIONS of AD and this AD came mostly from founders packs..
    Adding AD to founders pack already inflated the economy.. in time it will be fixed by itself..
    Not to mention if you follow zen/ad exchange market, 2 days ago 1zen was around 450 AD, today its around 374 AD..
    You can PAY LESS AD and GET MORE ZENS.. 2 Days ago you were paying MORE AD for 1 zen.. but today its cheaper, according to your theory the prices should go HIGHER.. AD will always has its value..
    NOT to mention do not just think 1 player 20k per day... THER ARE 1000s of players that means 22000xTHOUSANDS of AD each day coming into the market..

First chill out, than try to get your facts right about so-called "Economics"

Besides that i stick to my point, rollback would affect me and many other legit players..
    I just completed my T2 set few hours ago and i do not wish to loose it just because couple players exploited the game..
    They can be banned and mission accomplished..

move along..
  • paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This is starting to get to true... They have a good game. They need to pick up the work on Bugs and Balancing. (which they probably are working on some big update(S). But meanwhile the economy is getting destroyed. People already are making fun of people who a couple days ago were selling big items; which are now considered junk because of the flood. And these guys who exploit just flood the market with gear that was not supposed to hit so fast. Not to mention flooding even more AD on top of the founders AD. I mean look at the exploited lvlrs... 60s in a few hours. I don't care about the lvl tbh; but they used the same tactics to farm the foundry for items... Your talking free runes, scrolls, pots of all types, gear, and hundreds if not thousands of gold. And no roll back. It was foolish to give the founders AD to start with...
    Now we see why BoE was so important to the industry. (annoying or not.) I liked the freedom tho; they correct way to handle this would be by fixing the bugs and banning the players. I mean end game bosses are being solo'd... If some guys Tier set lets him hit like a GM, turn it off... Then you got others pulling bosses clear across dungeons to exploit. As for the TR that spend scrolls to solo the last boss thats fine; proof that game can be p2w for the deniers.. But at least stop the obvious exploiting.

As to the GF 1 shotting everything; he is not cheating. Its a bug with the set bonus. There are just as equally <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> things that work against the players... Like the CW heal which heals the bosses and adds and not the players lol.

I think its time these guys "say" something rather then thx for playing were working on stability right now.

They are starting to act like the typical Chinese or Russian F2p set up just to make some quick bucks and close down a few months later... Its that serious. (what a shame)

They keep this up and everyone will have devoured this game before the month is over...then what good will their stability do. I mean unless they have some insane amount of content thats being held back... They have such a good game and are butchering it.

Guy is spot on.. The AD cap why even have it? Lol you can sell the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of Pvp and tier gear, gathered from exploiters... Like entire Afk pvp parties that recruit in plain sight in zone chat...

Common you guys are guna ruin your own success...

I don't want it but im beginning to agree... A complete rollback might be necessary. You obviously released to soon (OB argument or not); because the actual game itself is obviously under very poor management... Your more concerned with herding more players on the server then the mass amounts of cheating going on. Again each to their own in play styles or lvling... But Pve and Pvp exploiting is at insane lvls... And its done in public eye, and done right in plain sight in chat and you do nothing... Is it because all those people since they are Capped on AD and don't exploit are forced to get AD via Zen in order to buy the flooded gear? In which case shame on you because Rip...

Your cannibalizing yourselves in the long run...
    edited May 2013
    maddriver wrote: »
    Yesterday I got an email from someone who was advertising a website where you could buy 16k AD for like 10 bucks or so.
    I reported that to Cryptic. But I was asking myself, where the heck did these guys get the time to be able to sell packages of 16k AD each. Now I understand. This is also a grave letdown, as such issues that also affect PW directly aren't the highest priority at the moment.

ithink you mean zen and not ad.

but if this isn't the most gamebreaking bug i've seen in NW, i don't know what is.

its so easy to fix. seriously i could do it..
    im not even being an *** and saying that im saying give me the **** pirate map in the foundry and i can fix it. literally

encounter - boss dies? yes? despawn adds linked to boss.

GWF/GF 4 set, disable set effect until fixed.

the rollbacks and banning/tracking those who did this is a little tricky and i am not a developer so i wont claim to know how to fix that.
  • urdefmadurdefmad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    keep bumping this til a higher up addresses this.

no rollback = game is as good as dead
    edited May 2013
    My dear friend,
    you seem frustrated by this issue.. i understand your frustration.. you have fears about the future of the game and the economy of the game..
    let me remind you something.. there are couple things people exploited past couple days.. Crafting assets and epic pirate king..
    1) pirate king > every drop from this boss goes for around 5k AD... people just try to sell these stuff for gold at the moment becuase no one is buying it..
    2) crafting box quest > this affected crafting asset prices in a good way.. at the moment you can buy green quality asset for 15k.. why would i complain.. 4 days ago iron swivel knife was 150k, today its 15k.. i'm happy with the outcome honestly..

None of the exploits above affected the economy badly.. it made the prices go low..

Secondly you claim some people made MILLIONS of AD and this AD came mostly from founders packs..
    Adding AD to founders pack already inflated the economy.. in time it will be fixed by itself..
    Not to mention if you follow zen/ad exchange market, 2 days ago 1zen was around 450 AD, today its around 374 AD..
    You can PAY LESS AD and GET MORE ZENS.. 2 Days ago you were paying MORE AD for 1 zen.. but today its cheaper, according to your theory the prices should go HIGHER.. AD will always has its value..
    NOT to mention do not just think 1 player 20k per day... THER ARE 1000s of players that means 22000xTHOUSANDS of AD each day coming into the market..

Besides that i stick to my point, rollback would affect me and many other legit players..
    I just completed my T2 set few hours ago and i do not wish to loose it just because couple players exploited the game..

move along..

oh my god... i .. i tried to explain it..

clearly you dont understand acutal value vs relative value and buying power.. x.x

because of the fact that zen has become less ad per zen, and because of the fact that everything is cheap that means you make LESS ad. and that is why zen is worth LESS ad because you can make LESS ad per equivalent time spend farming..

hey bro i have 100 trillion Zimbabwean dollars

IM SO ****IGN RICH.

let me go buy a soda.

im not even going to validate this post trying to explain it to you.
  • xristanaxxristanax Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FV2R4Za.png
    edited May 2013
    paragon33 wrote: »

Your cannibalizing yourselves in the long run...

THIS.
    ****ing
    THIS.
    somone gets it..

the longevity of the game is what is at stake. not my epeen. not my wallet, but PWE's ****ING GAME.
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This would explain that random spike in Zen prices the other day.

Has been going down slowly and dipped as low at 330's the other day, then later that night, BOOM up to 460's, and the next day back to normal in the 370 region.

Was wondering where the massive load of AD sellers came from lol.
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    My dear friend,

move along..
    You appear to be dense.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
    edited May 2013
    xristanax wrote: »
    FV2R4Za.png

This, ristana, this.

live? not for long.
  • paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    My dear friend,

move along..

...Yeah what your missing is that it lends to the speeding up of consumed content and activities that were meant to take time.
    Has nothing to do with cheap or not directly... Each freebie up allowed it to be easier for the next behind. The flooding is not just from mere exploiting but now the fact that non exploiters have access to exploited gear which they then use to push content; burning it up and then dumping even more of the gear into market... The game itself is being depreciated; gear and content wise. Of coarse not all due to exploiters; a good bit is the teams fault. (allowing bugs and exploits to continue, allowing the exploiters to spread because they see nothing is being punished so where it the risk.) So my point is sure great its all becoming affordable... Why don't they just make us a trainer then where we start out with all the money, gear and items we want. Because thats how bad its gotten... The damage is done, as of right now everyone now has access to all end game gear.
    It hasn't even been 1/2 a month since the gates opened. Its turning into a disaster...

This is not my personal opinion; its god **** common sense... And anyone who was hoping to have a lengthy and potentially decent game is being destroyed by this neglect from the team...
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    You appear to be dense.

it's okay im going to give him a 100 trillion z$ bill for christmas, maybe he'll think he's rich :)
  • xristanaxxristanax Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This, ristana, this.

live? not for long.

To vent!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My dear friend,

move along..

No, he had millions of AD because he could go around 1 shotting bosses in castle never and all the other HARD epic dungeons then selling the items on the AH for massive ammount of AD...
  • fullmetalpopefullmetalpope Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh man, this is truly dissapointing!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sheabuttercreamsheabuttercream Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    paragon33 wrote: »
    I think its time these guys "say" something rather then thx for playing were working on stability right now.

They are starting to act like the typical Chinese or Russian F2p set up just to make some quick bucks and close down a few months later... Its that serious. (what a shame)

They keep this up and everyone will have devoured this game before the month is over...then what good will their stability do. I mean unless they have some insane amount of content thats being held back... They have such a good game and are butchering it.

http://imgur.com/TMkqL2J lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What Class Are You?
  • rakkanothrakkanoth Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is truly depressing :(
    I was googling around a bit and judging by what I've found there's quite a few people exploiting the game this heavily, ultimately destroying the longevity of the game :(

I'm against a char wipe though. Don't punish legit players even more.
  • jim1771jim1771 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    Nothing short of a char wipe can fix this.

You going to refund the money players bought zen with? I didnt think so. So a wipe is out of the question.
  • atlantix1atlantix1 Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    oh my god... i .. i tried to explain it..

clearly you dont understand acutal value vs relative value and buying power.. x.x

because of the fact that zen has become less ad per zen, and because of the fact that everything is cheap that means you make LESS ad. and that is why zen is worth LESS ad because you can make LESS ad per equivalent time spend farming..

hey bro i have 100 trillion Zimbabwean dollars

IM SO ****IGN RICH.

let me go buy a soda.

im not even going to validate this post trying to explain it to you.

i do not require explanation from you.. you already proved my point but clearly you don't understand it yet.. you say everybody will make less AD by selling stuff.. but trust me you can make more AD if you sell stuff that no one sells.. besides that i don't understand why its bother you.. if everybody makes less AD that means nobody is making MORE AD than others.. right?
    as i said before, its pretty easy to track logs and target exploiters.. devs can use couple search parameters in their logs and taa taa.. bunch of names ready to be banned.. its easy..
    i really do not wish to argue with ya..
    i learned not to argue/discuss with certain type of gamers, especially on the f2p game forums..
    it seems you will believe what you wanna believe even though what you believe might be wrong at the end..
    but trust me one day when you grow up, you will be able to see the positive sides of life..
    good luck to you