test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

how to unbind a bound companion

taki5taki5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello.

I have a bond companion. But i want to use it on other caracter. Is there any way to do it?

Takibacsi
Post edited by taki5 on

Comments

• delekii1delekii1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    taki5 wrote: »
    Hello.

I have a bond companion. But i want to use it on other caracter. Is there any way to do it?

Takibacsi
    If you could move companion to another character, there would be no point calling it bound, because it wouldn't be.
  • klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can dismiss it and it will turn up in your inventory companion section and then you are supposed to be able to attach it to an email for an ad fee but when I tried to email my Disciple of Kelemvor it refused to work.
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Haven't tried it yet, but I hear that first you need to move your companion to the Idle Companions tab and there should be some option there to unbind companions by paying Astral Diamonds.
  • bzzzdbzzzd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    delekii1 wrote: »
    If you could move companion to another character, there would be no point calling it bound, because it wouldn't be.

I think this post wins the crown for the most pointless today...

you do know unbinding companions is intended, right?
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As of current there is no way to unbind companions. It's being worked on, last I heard (might be wrong on this).
  • zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    Haven't tried it yet, but I hear that first you need to move your companion to the Idle Companions tab and there should be some option there to unbind companions by paying Astral Diamonds.

Its been broken since open beta (and maybe even longer), when you try to unbind a companion you get a message it will cost AD to unbind it. If you accept the AD cost nothing happens, no AD is deducted and the companion stays in the idle slot. Probably not a priority fix since this earns them money because people cant trade their companion to their alt but need to buy a new one if they want to use the same companion on another character.
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I believe that unbinding is currently broken. It will get fixed I'm certain sometime in the next weeks or months.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    currently broke and not working, i'm trying to see if i can get a GM to move my companion, but i dont know that they will. I rerolled my CW to fix a few problems and i need to move my companion big time... i miss my lil earth ele =<
  • basement12basement12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    hopefully this gets fixed
  • jfullernzjfullernz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hope this gets fixed soon. I brought two very rare's on one character and leveled both a bit thinking I could transfer one to another character seeing as when you buy it it lists as "tradeable", it comes up saying it will cost 20k AD to unbind but nothing happens. If it doesnt work, at least remove the 'tradeable' flag from the listing on the zen store :(
  • alaric63alaric63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You shouldn't be allowed to un-bind a lvl 15, or lvl 2 for that matter, Companion. You should have to level Companions on the character you intend to use them with. I'm betting the error that needs to be fixed is seeing the option, not that it doesn't work.
    edited May 2013
    Companions are "Trade-able" before you Bind them. Trading already leveled Companions will be a problem if they let that come to pass.
  • lilura138lilura138 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unbinding companions is something they intended from the start. Someone can level up a companion then unbind and sell it.
    edited May 2013
    lilura138 wrote: »
    Unbinding companions is something they intended from the start. Someone can level up a companion then unbind and sell it.

Bad idea. I would not like to see this in game. Each Character should have to level up their Companions. My opinion to be sure, but it sounds troubling to me.
  • lilura138lilura138 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alaric63 wrote: »
    Bad idea. I would not like to see this in game. Each Character should have to level up their Companions. My opinion to be sure, but it sounds troubling to me.

Not sure how it can be troubling
  • xhivenxhiven Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would at least like the ability to unbind a companion and have it account bound so I can move it to another character. Its not a big thing with the basic companions. But if you have a rare or zen companion on a character and they turn out to suck nards for that class in particular. Or that class itself ends up not being to your liking.

Even if unbinding penalized you by reducing the companions level that would be fine.
    edited May 2013
    lilura138 wrote: »
    Not sure how it can be troubling

This game is already acquiring the Pay-to-Win label. Allowing lvl 16 character run around with level 30 Companions is just asking for more suspicion. Companions are a large part of the PvE mechanics, giving people with more resources that kind of advantage is gonna cause trouble. That is what I mean by Troubling.
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if you unbind it. it probably will reset companion to level 1. It is probably there for people who are like I need to reroll unbind phaeora and mail it to alt....
    Id love for fashion outfits to also be unbindable

the game is free to play no one ever claimed it was free to win.
  • basement12basement12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    pls fix, need to move my ioun stone of allure off char i dont use anymore >.>
  • eag1e67eag1e67 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well why can't they make it so you can at least sent it to another of your own alts? with the same acc name

If they implimented an account stash box with, say 5 slots, alot of this questioning wouldn't happen.

The glitch with unbinding companions can be not only annoying but confusing to people. It NEEDS to be fixed either way
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    A cynic might reply that fixing this is a very low priority, as leaving the bug to rot just forces people to re-buy. Those darned cynics.