test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stance on AD/Gold Sellers?

enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I've played dozens of MMO and every game has its own policy on buying/selling ingame currency. Last game I played GW2 said they know its going on but are letting the community do what they want. In most other games its a zero tolerance, if you buy then you will get suspended or even banned. Whats Neverwinter's stance on this?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by enderlin50 on

Comments

• orangerascalorangerascal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its a F2P MMO. Believe it or not PW wants them in the game because it will cause inflation causing players to buy Zen.

Think about this. When that sword costs a GIGAZillion AD, where can you actually get that much AD ..... Zen :cool:
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its a F2P MMO. Believe it or not PW wants them in the game because it will cause inflation causing players to buy Zen.

Think about this. When that sword costs a GIGAZillion AD, where can you actually get that much AD ..... Zen :cool:

From the ZONE shouts I see these Sellers are offering AD. Meaning the GIGAZillion sword can be funded by a 3rd party organization who is offering the player a cheaper way to get AD then the ingame transferring of ZEN. Which the AD the Seller earns is acquired by their 60s who run T2 and "Need" everything then sell it.

These are the same Sellers who buy AD from player's hacked accounts. Then sell it to other players for profit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yukishiro3yukishiro3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    I think AD sellers are the least of this game's problems at the moment. Who is gonna buy AD when level 60 epics are selling for less than 5k?
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    Which the AD the Seller earns is acquired by their 60s who run T2 and "Need" everything then sell it.

These are the same Sellers who buy AD from player's hacked accounts. Then sell it to other players for profit.

Unlikely to be done by running tier 2 epics unless using an exploit. Most like they are using the AFK PvP Glory => BoE PvP Gear route.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Unlikely to be done by running tier 2 epics unless using an exploit. Most like they are using the AFK PvP Glory => BoE PvP Gear route.

Just another way for them items to sell. Usually MMOs make a statement about Gold Sellers during launch of a game. I'm just curious where PWE/NW stands.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    From the ZONE shouts I see these Sellers are offering AD. Meaning the GIGAZillion sword can be funded by a 3rd party organization who is offering the player a cheaper way to get AD then the ingame transferring of ZEN. Which the AD the Seller earns is acquired by their 60s who run T2 and "Need" everything then sell it.

It's not just zone shouts (I have zone turned off by the way),my in game mail started to get the seller spam.I'll be moving on from this game after I've done a couple more things that interest me.
  • snooseysnoosey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am assuming they are against it.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . .The buying and selling of ADs/Zen as a Third Party or through a Third Party is illegal and against the Terms of Service and EULA. The only legal way to buy Zen is through the means provided in game and on the Buy Zen Page. The only legal way to buy and sell AD/Zen in game is through the AD Exchange in game.

. . . . . Please right-click these spammers in game and choose "Report Spam" and they will not only be added to your ignore list but will also be reported to a GM. For forum violations, please use the Post Report Icon. For all other violations, submit a Support Ticket (link up top every page in this site) or email customerservice@perfectworld.com. Thanks!
  • jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    The buying and selling of ADs/Zen as a Third Party or through a Third Party is illegal and against the Terms of Service and EULA.

there you go.
  • clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I got one of those in game e-mails offering zen my first day online. Before deleting it, pressed the "Report Spam" button, thank you Cryptic/PWE. Next day, there were several forum posts about that button, "users" QQing it was being abused. Makes me wonder what kind of "users" they were.
  • nicknameschmicknamenicknameschmickname Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel gold is largely useless in this game, so the point of buying it is also largely pointless.

AD, I mean, you can get AD through monetized official transactions through the Zen marketplace. If PW had any foresight they would have just let you buy AD for cash straight up to just nip the problem in the bud.

I don't see a major problem with buying AD, the economy is already broken without people buying AD.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . .The buying and selling of ADs/Zen as a Third Party or through a Third Party is illegal and against the Terms of Service and EULA. The only legal way to buy Zen is through the means provided in game and on the Buy Zen Page. The only legal way to buy and sell AD/Zen in game is through the AD Exchange in game.

. . . . . Please right-click these spammers in game and choose "Report Spam" and they will not only be added to your ignore list but will also be reported to a GM. For forum violations, please use the Post Report Icon. For all other violations, submit a Support Ticket (link up top every page in this site) or email customerservice@perfectworld.com. Thanks!

Point of clarification: I've seen people trading Zen codes on these forums for the promo codes from the HotN package. I'm assuming this is an allowed exception to the policy?
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel gold is largely useless in this game, so the point of buying it is also largely pointless.

AD, I mean, you can get AD through monetized official transactions through the Zen marketplace. If PW had any foresight they would have just let you buy AD for cash straight up to just nip the problem in the bud.

I don't see a major problem with buying AD, the economy is already broken without people buying AD.

Wait till you get to end game and try to do dungeons without a good cleric, or team. You'll chug pots the entire time, maybe even use tons of kits, and lose most of your money in a few runs if you arent careful. Thats why there are people in Zona selling good gear for gold, not AD in the AH.